Slows Down The iPad After Updating iOS 13

Slows Down The iPad After Updating iOS 13

The devices of most users after installing iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 began to work faster. However, for some, the update on the contrary slowed down the iPhone and iPad.

If you recently upgraded to iOS 13.X or iPadOS 13.X.X, and your device has become slower, we will help you solve this problem.

If you just updated. Wait!

Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that has just been upgraded to iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 has some background tasks. Due to some of these tasks, devices may run slower than usual. Over time, the background tasks will complete, and the speed will return to normal. You just have to wait a bit.

It’s best to connect your gadget to a power source and to a Wi-Fi network, and then leave it in this state all night. By morning, all background tasks should be completed. In rare cases, it can take up to two days to complete.

This can happen even after minor updates like iOS 13.1.2. Fortunately, a short wait solves the problem.

Read more:  iPad Air 2 Sensor Replacement

Sometimes after upgrading to iOS 13, devices start to run out faster. Read about the solution to this problem here.

Iphone charges slower with iOS 13?

Some users also notice that after upgrading to iOS 13 their devices began to charge more slowly.

It turns out that the new charge optimization function is to blame for this, which should interfere with battery wear. The function charges the device 80% after being connected to a power source, and the remaining 20% ​​is dialed gradually by the time you are ready to start using your device.

Over time, the iPhone will remember your schedule and will gain the last 20% of the charge just in time for it to be needed. For example, if you charge your smartphone at night and start using it at 7 in the morning, it will remember this and will be fully charged at exactly seven. The function can be disabled if you do not like it.

  • Settings Battery Battery Status Optimized Charging

We recommend that you do not disable this feature, as it will extend the battery life of your device.

Install an available iOS / iPadOS update

We recommend installing an available software update, if available. Often minor updates contain bug fixes that may solve your problem. Before installing the update, do not forget to backup your device.

  • Settings General Software Update Download and Install (if available)
Read more:  Computer Does Not Shut Down After Shutting Down Windows

After installing the update again, you may need to wait a bit until the device speed returns to normal.

Update apps

If after installing iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 you have not yet updated the applications, now is the time to do it. Applications optimized for the new version of the system work better and faster.

In iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, the application update process has changed a bit, because the “Updates” tab is no longer.

  • App Store select your profile in the upper right corner Updates

Disable background update

The Content Update feature allows applications to be updated independently. It improves multitasking performance, but slows down the system. The feature is easy to disable, and most users will not even notice the difference in application performance.

  • Settings General Content Update Off.

In this case, the device may start to work faster, and charging will be slower.

Use motion reduction

There are many visual effects on the iOS system that look great but load the system. By disabling these effects, you can improve the operation of the device.

  • Go to Settings General Accessibility Motion Reduction and turn on the switch.
Read more:  iPad Air 2 Not Charging

After enabling the function, you should immediately notice the difference in the switching speed of applications, etc.

Mail application is slow?

After updating, some users started to use the Mail application much slower. New letters do not arrive for a long time, messages load for a long time, etc.

Sometimes, forcing the application to close may solve the problem. Forced rebooting of the device may also help.

Force reboot iPhone and iPad

  • Iphone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus: press and release the button Volume up, then button Volume down, and then hold Power Button.
  • Iphone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: simultaneously hold Power Button and button Volume down.
  • Ipad Pro (and newer): press and release the button Increasevolume, then button Reductionvolume, and then hold the buttonInclusions.
  • Iphone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE and all iPad with Home button: Hold down at the same time the buttonInclusions and the buttonHome.

Do not miss Apple news. Subscribe to our Telegram channel, as well as to the YouTube channel.