Setting up a Samsung smart TV
How to set up your Samsung TV yourself
Many owners of television equipment from Samsung are faced with various kinds of problems in the process of self-setting the basic parameters. Especially when it comes to Smart TV models.
In fact, setting up Samsung TVs is far from the most difficult process, the main thing is to follow the instructions, and then you can achieve the desired result, while spending a minimum of free time. Of course, first it is advisable to study the tips for setting up the TV, this is what we will talk about now.
Editing and deleting
To remove unnecessary channels, add new ones or sort them by placing favorites at the top of the list, use the “Change” option.
How do I set up channels? To adjust TV channels, follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
How to Set Up a Samsung 6 Series Smart TV
- Open the menu, select the section “Broadcast” or “Live”.
- Push on the remote control to the right.
- Select the “Modify” option.
- Select the channels to be deleted with the checkboxes.
- Use the arrows on the remote to move the TV channels.
As you can see, it is extremely easy to adjust the TV broadcast grid. It is enough just to follow the previously described aLGorithm.
Particular attention should be paid to the fact that by moving a channel that has a name, you will simply swap it with others. For example, if you want to transfer TNT from position 20 to position 2, on which the CTC is already located, then there will be no displacement, they will simply change positions.
However, if the TV program does not have a title, then the entire grid will shift to a certain side. Sometimes the exposed location can get confused, so you have to periodically repeat this procedure over and over again.
It is the auto-tuning function that is the reason that many experts define Samsung TV-equipment as the “smartest” among all on the market. Each user will be able to automatically tune TV programs, arrange them alphabetically.
First you need to choose a signal source: antenna, cable, satellite. Some Smart TV models are offered to the user by the most popular providers: NTV, Telekarta, Rostelecom, Tricolor. If you want to use the services of the listed operators, then the channels will be found automatically and arranged according to the traditional order.
After completing autotuning, select the programs of a specific provider. They will be arranged in accordance with the settings of the TV broadcast operator. To change the location of channels, use the “Move” function:
- Press the Main Menu button on the remote control.
- Then select the command “Broadcast” it is presented in the form of a white satellite dish icon.
- Scroll down until we come across the command “Change the channel number”, activate it by selecting “Enable”.
- To proceed to the next step, return to the “Home” tab, and then open the “Broadcasts” section again. press right and select the “Modify” command.
- Select the channel, the location of which you would like to change, select it with a tick, and then click on “Change number”.
Automatic search can be started without a remote control. If you are using an LCD Smart TV, then you can enable auto-tuning using a keyboard, mouse, or the most ordinary smartphone. Conventional TVs can be configured via the navigation buttons located on the front of the device.
To re-tune TV channels on an already old Samsung TV model manually, without calling the wizard, you need to take into account several extremely important nuances at once:
- old models differ from new ones in a complex and incomprehensible interface, because of this problems arise;
- outdated TVs are not equipped with an auto-tuning function;
- old Samsung TVs are not capable of broadcasting high-definition images.
Manual tuning involves changing many important basic parameters. Sometimes this scares off users, although in fact there is nothing difficult about it, you just need to adjust the frequency correctly, you definitely cannot break the TV.
How do I tune my TV manually? Follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- Open the main menu, and then go to the “Antenna” section.
- We select “Setting manually”. “Setting up digital TV channels”.
- Click on “Create”, as a result of which a window will open with additional indicators: purity, module, transfer.
- First you need to set the following parameters 170,000 kHz, 128 QAM and 6900 KS / s.
- The TV will tune in for a certain time while searching for channels. The images will change and TV footage will start to appear.
- After finishing, you need to click on the “Save” button, after which a window will appear for adjusting the frequency, module and transmission, leave the last parameters unchanged, but indicate a new frequency. 178000 kHz, start the search again.
By the same principle, you can continue to search for TV channels, constantly adding 8000 kHz to the frequency. Experiments of this kind can be carried out up to an indicator of 226,000.
In this way, the sound and picture quality can also be significantly improved by making them very clear. Go to the menu and select the “Image” section, and then arbitrarily adjust the clarity, brightness, contrast and other parameters.
You can also sort the channels manually. To do this, open the main menu, and then go to the “Broadcast” section. Check the boxes next to the required programs. Here you can add your favorite channels to favorites or save the current arrangement.
Of course, right after connecting the TV, users have the question of how to properly set up the reception of TV channels? The predominantly Russian-language interface is selected by default, so you just have to perform simple actions in accordance with this step-by-step aLGorithm:
- Open the main menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- Go to the basic settings section.
- Click on the section “Search and configure TV channels”.
- Choose one of two ways to search for channels. manual or automatic.
- Wait for the TV to find channels, then save the programs to your Samsung TV.
If the user nevertheless begins to set up television broadcasting in automatic mode, then, in fact, the whole process will take several minutes. The device will find available channels, and then assign them numerical values, by the way, you can change them later.
As soon as you finish setting up your Samsung TV, the first channel in the list will automatically turn on. For a complete list of broadcasts, use the corresponding buttons on the remote control.
Many do not know how to connect and configure an external receiver, especially if it is a satellite box. In fact, it is also not difficult to do this, since mainly the interface of modern receivers has also been translated into Russian and is as simple and understandable as possible.
Now let’s talk about the features of automatic and manual channel search, which are included in free digital TV multiplexes.
Locking individual channels
There are many reasons why the TV does not show certain channels, in some cases the user has blocked them. What is the purpose of this? Everything is very simple and straightforward, setting a password for TV channels allows you to block it from children. To tune channels by setting some password, follow the instructions:
- Opening the main menu.
- Select the section “Broadcast”.
- Click on the command “Lock“.
- We activate it by selecting “Enable”.
- We select the channels that you want to block, just put a tick next to them.
If at a certain moment the need for blocking disappears, then it is very easy to cancel it, for this you need to go to the “Broadcast” section again, select “Block”, and then simply disable this function by entering the set password.
Features of Samsung TVs
For example, TVs of the 6 series with an LED matrix are mainly equipped with the Smart TV function. Potential buyers who have not previously used “smart” technology do not want to configure such devices on their own, so they pay fabulous money for the services of specialists. This is not the wisest decision, since the operating system is in Russian, therefore, to set up the technique, you just need to follow the step-by-step tips that pop up on the screen.
What if you lost your instructions? Manufacturers are well aware that only a small part of consumers continue to use traditional paper instructions, so they try to simplify the interface as much as possible and make it intuitive.
You won’t find any overly complicated or confusing commands in the menu. You just need to connect the TV to the network and turn it on using the remote control. You can tune free TV channels by connecting to the most common antenna.
Of course, devices released by Samsung have their own “chips” that distinguish them from other brands, but believe me, they are more related to additional functionality, so they will not be a particular problem.
If Smart TV on a Samsung TV refuses to work normally or does not turn on at all, then there may be several reasons for this.
- Low or no internet connection speed. If the TV is connected via Wi-Fi, and the reason for the instability is precisely the slow connection, then you can try to connect the TV to the router via a LAN cable. If there is no connection at all, then this may be caused by problems on the server of the manufacturer Samsung or the provider.
- Memory overflow due to loading a large number of widgets. From time to time it is necessary to clean the TV memory by deleting unused applications. When there is not enough free memory, the device starts to slow down.
- The cache is “clogged” in the browser. It also needs to be cleaned regularly. This will free up memory and avoid freezes.
- The firmware version is out of date. When a new update is released, TVs using the old version start to slow down. You can download the update either directly to the TV (if the speed of the Internet connection is high), or download it using a PC to a flash drive, and then connect it to the device by updating it.
The reason for the freezing of a smart TV can also be its incorrect setting. Very often, up to this point, a perfectly working TV starts to lag, if children “dig deeper” in it or adults accidentally made changes to the settings. The solution to the problem is to reset your Samsung Smart TV to factory settings. After you need to reboot the device.
But more often than not, the remote control is to blame for the TV not working. This is the most common reason for users to contact service center specialists. The remote control may fail for various reasons, first of all you need to check the elementary. perhaps the batteries are dead. Then you need to replace them. Also, when using batteries with low energy consumption, the TV does not immediately respond to pressing on the remote control, but the equipment itself is in perfect order.
You can check if everything is in order with the remote control or if it needs to be repaired using the camera of any smartphone. To do this, you need to turn on the camera on the device and, holding the remote control to it, press any button. If in the camera you see a red light from the remote control sensor, it means that it is working properly. If there is no reaction, then you need to contact the service center.
If Smart TV suddenly freezes and does not respond to any actions, then it can be rebooted. To do this, you must disconnect the device from the network for 5-10 minutes, and then turn it back on. As a rule, this simple trick helps, because smart TVs are very similar in their inner content to computers and smartphones, and sometimes they also need a reboot.
How to set up Smart TV on Samsung TVs?
Smart TV is a modern technology that allows you to make full use of the Internet and interactive services on TVs and special set-top boxes. Thanks to the Internet connection, you can watch video content from popular social networks, movies, music. Samsung Smart TV can easily replace your computer in terms of entertainment. You can install many applications and even games on such a TV.
How to use?
The most advanced Samsung Smart TV models are rightfully considered one of the best representatives of the smart TV generation. This is possible not only due to the high quality of video and audio, but also a very simple, intuitive interface that even a person who is very far from modern high technologies can understand. The built-in browser allows you to use TV as a full-fledged replacement for a computer, in terms of searching for articles, video, photo and audio materials. All TVs are equipped with a convenient remote control with Smart TV call buttons (multi-colored cube).
After connecting the TV to the network, you can start using it directly and install:
- programs and applications of interest;
- widgets for the convenience and speed of using digital opportunities.
Samsung smart TVs have a lot of useful and unique features, which makes them the bestsellers in their segment. You can find all the applications of interest through Samsung Apps. The most popular services among users are the services for watching movies and TV series: Megogo, Zoomby, YouTube, Vimeo, IVI. The application itself will suggest popular and classic versions, highlighting them in the recommendations.
For gaming applications, for more convenient use, you can complement your TV with a wireless keyboard and mouse, which can be connected to the existing USB ports.
How to connect via cable?
Wired connection of Smart TV on Samsung TVs cannot be called very convenient because of the need to pull the wire and somehow “mask” it in the interior. It is for this reason that most Samsung TVs are equipped with a Wi-Fi module, however, the highest data transfer rate can only be provided by a wired Internet connection.
If it is possible to bring a cable to the TV LAN, then this will allow you to watch movies and other media in the highest quality without delays and lags.
How to set up your Samsung Smart TV
You can also watch recorded broadcasts from your home router and make the most of your torrent resources.
In modern TVs, after connecting the cable, there is no need to configure the connection type, this happens automatically. On Samsung Smart TVs 2012 and older, you will have to manually configure the connection type as follows: “Networks”. “Network Settings”. “Network Type”. “Cable”. After a successful connection, you need to press the OK button. and you can start using smart TV.
To connect your TV to the network, you need to connect it with a cable coming from your router. This type of connection is optimal than a LAN cable that goes directly to the TV.
The thing is that some providers may use a different type of connection, and it may not always be compatible with Smart TV. Therefore, if there is no router, then it is advisable to purchase one.
The main benefit of Samsung TV wireless connectivity is the lack of wires. However, signal quality can sometimes be lost, for example, due to an unstable connection or interference, including walls and bulky interior items separating the router and TV. Most TVs have a Wi-Fi module already built in by the manufacturer. But if it is not there, then you can additionally purchase the Samsung-WIS12ABGNX adapter and connect it to the USB connector of the device.
Before you start connecting your Samsung TV to the Internet, you should check and, if necessary, change the settings for obtaining IP b DNS addresses. This can be done as follows: “Network”. “Network Status”. “Configure IP”. “Receive Automatically”. Next, you can turn on the router and check that the Wi-Fi network is consistently distributing the Internet.
To connect Smart TV, go to the “Network Settings” menu again and press the “Start” button. After searching, the device will show a list of available connections, you can select your home network. Next, you will need to enter the security key (password from the Wi-Fi network). This completes the setup of the Internet connection. you can start using all the possibilities that Smart TV gives.
Modern Samsung Smart TVs are complemented by a remote control, however, the latest models make it possible to control the device without a remote control using gestures or voice. To do this, the TV has a built-in camera that reacts to hand movements. Some models can sync with other household appliances (refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) from Samsung and allow you to control them remotely.
To get the most out of your Smart TV, follow these guidelines.
- Despite the great capabilities of Smart TVs, their physical memory is extremely small, especially in comparison with PCs. Therefore, it is very important to regularly clear the browser data cache, as well as uninstall unused applications. This will keep your device running at optimal speed.
- Before changing the settings in Smart TV, carefully read the instructions. This will avoid many problems and allow you to fully enjoy your smart multimedia device.
Smart TV from the South Korean company Samsung is a symBIOSis of time-tested quality and modern high technologies that allow you to turn your usual TV into an entertainment device with unlimited possibilities.
In the next video you will find out what Smart TV is and what features it has.