Set the cooler on the Dell laptop. Riva Tuner program
How to increase the speed of cooler on a laptop
How to increase the speed of the cooler on a laptop, if over time it begins to work a little slower, more noisy and sometimes even overheating. Overheat. One of the most uncomfortable and harmful accidents for the computer, because it is additional wear of equipment and increasing the chances of breakdown.
To eliminate this situation, you can replace thermal grease and enhance cooling. If replacing thermal paste. The matter is not very difficult, in order to strengthen the cooling system (CO), you need to either buy a cooling stand, or increase the speed of the cooler. The cooling stand is quite noisy, it costs extra money, takes a place, but you can accelerate the standard CO absolutely free.
There are two options for speeding up the speed of the cooler on the laptop:
To begin with, we will determine what the speed of the cooler will affect:
- The higher, the more noise the laptop publishes during operation, it discharges faster (slightly), but at the same time the temperature of the CP and the system as a whole is lower, which means less freezes and brakes due to trottling (reducing the processor frequency to lower the temperature load). Power supply is used high performance.
- The lower, the quieter the laptop works, the more slowly the battery is discharged, but with high loads, the probability of overheating of the device appears. Energy saving scheme is used.
It is recommended to accelerate only if you cleared coolers and filters from dust and garbage, and also replaced thermal grease at all key points: processor, video card, northern and southern bridges.
In most cases, cleaning the cooling system and replacing the thermointease solves the problems of overheating and tottling. But if these manipulations are difficult to fulfill due to the complexity of the analysis or guarantee of the laptop (which prohibits disassembling the device), then to obtain the desired cooling, it is better to speed up the cooler.
Notebook FAN CONTROL
This program is perhaps one of the universal, she holds a lot of laptops for all supported laptops, you can see here, but even if your model is not, still download it and try a configuration file from other models: often manufacturers use similar coolers.
To start it, you need to start it, the Notebook FAN CONTORL program select your laptop from the list, then switch the service status to Enabled and we can configure the rotation speeds of the cooler.Speed setting is static and will not change automatically, as you set up and remain, even after rebooting the system. I do not recommend turning on the speed of 100% either. Windows will go into the blue screen. If something went wrong, you need to switch to the Read-Ony item, this will return the settings to standard.
Working with Speedfan
This utility is today one of the most popular. Its widespread use is facilitated by free, a simple integration, with which the cooler rotation speed is adjusted on the laptop, as well as the possibility of monitoring in real time of the parameters of system hardware components.
An important feature of the application is that it can work on a laptop, the speed of rotation of the fan in which is regulated from BIOS. Often this standard method allows you to change the speed of the cooler of only the central processor, ignoring the graphic. We describe further how to configure the cooler on a laptop with a utility Speedfan:
- If the rotation of the laptop fan changes in BIOS, this option must be disconnected. Otherwise, at the first moment of work, the program may get the underestimated results of determining the maximum speed of rotation of the cooler, as a result of which the utility will not be able to ensure control of the speed of the laptop fan at full speed.
- Install and run the application. In the “Readings” or “indicators” tab, you can see the temperatures of the components and the speed of the selected fan.
- How to change the speed of the cooler on the laptop, can be determined experimentally, changing the parameters of the switches for each of the elements of the cooling system. You can configure the parameters of the fan rotation for cooling not only the CPU, but also the hard drive, the graphic processor.
In the “speed” tab, it is also possible to change the parameters within which rotation will change. There are only two switches here, which for each cooler set the lower and upper limits of the range of the blades.
Speedfan adjustment (universal version)
Free multifunctional utility that allows you to control the temperature of the components of the computer, as well as monitoring the work of coolers. By the way, this program “sees” almost all the coolers installed in the system (in most cases).
In addition, you can dynamically change the speed of rotation of PC fans, depending on the temperature of the components.
All variable values, statistics of work, etc., The program saves a separate log-file. Based on them, you can see the graphs of changes in temperature, and fan rotation speeds.
Speedfan works in all popular Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 (32/64 Bits). supports the Russian language (for its choice, click the “Configure” button, then the “Options” tab, see. screenshot below).
The main window and appearance of the Speedfan program
After installing and launching the Speedfan utility. the Readings tab (this is the main window of the program. see. screenshot below). In my screenshot, I conditionally broke the window into several areas to comment and show what was responsible for.
- Block 1. the “CPU USAGE” field indicates the loading of the processor and its nuclei. Nearby are also located the “minimize” and “configure” buttons designed to turn the program and its configuration (respectively). There is also in this field “Automatic Fan Speed”. its purpose to automatically adjust the temperature (I will tell you about this just below);
- Block 2. here are the list of detected sensors of the speed of rotation of the coolers. Please note that they all have a different name (Sysfan, CPU FAN, etc.) and opposite everyone. their own value of RPM (t.e. rotation speed per minute). Some sensors show RPM by zeros. these are “garbage” values (you can not pay attention to them).
- By the way, in the names there are incomprehensible abbreviations for someone (deciphering just in case): CPU0 fan. The fan on the processor (t.e. Sensor from the cooler stuck in the CPU_FAN connector for the mat. board); AUX FUN, PWR FUN, etc. Similarly shown RPM fans connected to these connectors per mate. board;
- Block 3. The temperature of the components is shown here: GPU. Video card, CPU. Processor, HDD. HDD. By the way, there are also “garbage” values that should not be paid attention to (TEMP 1, 2, etc.). By the way, it is convenient to remove the temperature using AIDA64 (and others. specialist. utility);
- Block 4. but this block allows you to reduce/increase the speed of rotation of the coolers (sets as a percentage). Changing interest in columns Speed01, Speed02. You need to watch which cooler has changed the speed (t.e. What is what is responsible for).
The list of some indicators in Speedfan will not always coincide with the cooler with which it is signed. The whole thing is that some computers are connected (for one or another reasons), for example, the processor cooler is not in the CPU FAN nest.
Therefore, I recommend gradually changing values in the program and look at changes in the speed of rotation and temperature of the components (even better, open the roof of the system sides and visually watch how the fan speed changes).
Fan rotation setting in Speedfan
- As an example, he will try to adjust the rotation speed of the processor fan. To do this, you need to pay attention to the column “CPU 0 FAN”. it is in it that the RPM indicator should be displayed;
- Next, change the values in the columns “PWM1”, “PWM2” and others alternately. When the value has changed. wait a while, and see if RPM has changed, and temperature (see. screenshot below);
- When you find the desired PWM. adjust the speed of rotation of the cooler to the optimal number of revolutions (about the temperature of the processor I spoke here. I also recommend for familiarization).
If you want a “smart” mode of operation (t.e. so that the program dynamically changes the speed of rotation, depending on the temperature of the processor), then it is necessary to make the following (see. Screenshot below):
- Open the program configuration (approx.: button “configure”). then open the “speed” tab;
- Next, choose a line that is responsible for the cooler you need (you must first find it experimentally, as recommended in option 1, see. A little higher in the article);
- Now in the columns of “minimum” and “maximum” set the necessary values in percent and put a checkplace “Auto change”;
- In the main window of the program, put a checkplace opposite the paragraph “Auto.Remote Fan”. Actually, in this way, the speed of rotation of the coolers is regulated.
It is also advisable to go to the “temperature” tab and find the processor temperature sensor.
In its settings, set the desired temperature that the program will support and the temperature of the alarm. If the processor heats up to this alarming temperature, then Speedfan will begin to promote the cooler at full power (up to 100%)!
Using the MSI AFTERBURNER utility (video card cooler adjustment)
In general, this utility is designed to disperse video cards (however, in its arsenal it has options for recording videos, thin tackle of cooler, FPS output function, etc.).
Of course, I do not consider all the functions of the utility here, I will give only a brief solution to the current problem (by the way, MSI AFTERBURNER works not only on “MSI” devices).
1) After launching MSI AFTERBurner, you need to go into its settings. the “SETTINGS” button.
MSI AFTERBurner. Open the program settings
2) Further in the “Basic” tab, I would recommend a check with a box “launch with Windows”.
3) After, go to the Kuler tab and rearrange the control points on the graph according to your requirements. Cm. on the screen below: the first control point shows us that at a temperature of 40 ° C. the cooler will only work by 30% of its power.
How to access Dell laptops bios setting #shorts
Move control points for the right mode
Actually, you need to move 3-4 points only, and the case is “decided”!
A well.known utility, with its help you can control the laptop fan, adjust speed speeds at certain temperatures and monitor the condition of the hard disk. A few more greasy advantages. free, simple and understandable integration and support of the Russian language, so feel free to use.
So, we will analyze in more detail how to set up a cooler on a laptop using Speedfan:
- First of all, download, install and start the application.
- After launch in the Readings tab, on the left we see information about the fan speed, the temperature of the main components is displayed on the right.
Also in the Speeds tab you can set additional parameters for changing the speed speed of the blades. There are only two options, changing them, you can easily change the lower and upper boundaries of speed speed.
Undocumented: Ways to reduce fan speeds
We are more than once on the pages of the magazine “Computerra” and the site Ferra.ru turned to the topic of the noise of a computer in general and a decrease in the noise of fans and coolers in particular (see., For example, “KT” #381, www.Ferra.ru/online/support/5961, www.Ferra.ru/online/support/9668 and www.Ferra.ru/online/support/20793). We bring to your attention another brief view of this problem.
I remember that in the late 1980s, one friend of mine complained that his “spectrum” did not allow neighbors to sleep: a stepping engine of a five-inch floppy-disk lying on the table (and where you then saw the “spectrum” in the corps?), came into resonance with this very table and was heard by the floor below no worse than the electrode.
Later, my neighbors already enjoyed the howl of the bearings of the five.inch twenty.domed Winchester Seagate, and it had to be wrapped in two layers of porous rubber. Now the times are not the same, the main components of computers have become “quieter of water, lower than grass”, but for people working at night, especially when the rest of the family is already sleeping, the noise of the computer, as before, comes to the first place. We have to choose a “soft” keyboard, switch the hard drives to the Acoustic Mode to the detriment of performance (the sound of the heads, by the way, is very different: on my sophisticated hearing, dry “crack” of disks from IBM or MAXTOR is much more pleasant, for example, the “canine can” Seagate U- series, but in the “quiet” mode, they are all almost soundless), refrain from installing pirate CD-ROM with a huge eccentricity.
However, there are components with the noise of which you have to put up with. these are fans. Usually there are two of them: in the power supply and on the processor. Both can be replaced by more quiet, but if for processor coolers you can find at least some test results indicating noisiness, then the power supply fan has to be selected “by eye” or by enforcing options. The only thing that can help is the power indicated on the label: the higher it is, the more productive and, accordingly, the fan is noisier (“by eye” I can only note that straight “chopped” blades emit more noise than bent sickle).
In most cases, the air flow created by the processor cooler fan is redundant, especially given that it circulates in the closed space of the case. Air, blown through the ribs of the radiator, simply does not have time to heat up. The surface area and material of the radiator, the density of fit to the crystal, as well as the temperature inside the case (or rather, the temperature difference of the radiator and air) are much more important; The turnover of the fan can often be reduced by half, while the processor temperature will only increase by completely safe 3-5 degrees.
With fans of power supply, the situation is more complicated. Contrary to widespread opinion, this fan cools not only and not so much the power supply as it provides air circulation inside the housing (usually in the ATX housing, the power supply is placed on top, and the fan works on the extract), which greatly affects the efficiency of the processor cooler. The case itself intervenes here: its volume and height, placement of the power supply, the presence and location of the ventilation holes. I can recommend the owners of powerful processors who want to reduce the noise of the fan of the power supply, I can recommend reducing its revolutions by compensating the air flow by installing an additional discharge fan in the lower part of the case (it can also not be “twisted through the coil”).
Now let’s move on to ways to reduce fan speeds.
One of the simplest is switching to a low supply voltage. All fans are regularly frightened from 12 V, but most are quite efficient and when powerful 5 in. For the processor cooler, it is enough to extract the tip of the middle wire (usually red) from a three-pin fan connector and insert it into a 5-volt nest of a free “chip” power (also a red wire). In the power supply. weave the red wire of the fan from the regular place to the output of 5 V (again red power wires). The performance of the revolution control circuit is maintained. The noise falls to almost zero, however, the turns are reduced too much, so the method is only good for low.power systems.
The best results are given by the power supply to 7 in. I hope the readers have already guessed: this is the difference between 5- and 12-volt power supply. It is performed similarly to the first option, except that not red, but a black wire of the fan is connected to 5-volt power supply. Disadvantage. a revolutionary control circuit ceases to work.
Acceleration of cooler through BIOS
It is possible to improve the power of the cooling system in this way if the motherboard on your portable computer is equipped with the function of monitoring the cooling system. Cooling system controls using special drivers. You can raise the fan power through BIOS as follows:
- Enter BIOS. To do this, it is necessary to press the DEL key on the keyboard when the operating system is loaded. But the BIOS transition key can also be F12 or F9. Which key is the entrance to BIOS depends on the company that produces a motherboard.
- Next, open the Power section and go to the Hardware Monitor item.
- Now change the parameters of the cooling system or select the intellectual mode of operation.
- Save the parameters and leave the BIOS.
Hardware Monitor subsection in different versions of BIOS can have a different appearance. But you can easily make the necessary settings if you know what and where to look:
- in the line CPU min.FAN Speed (or CPU FAN CONTROL) You indicate at what speed the cooler will rotate;
- At the CPU Q-Fan Control point (select Enable) You will launch the intellectual operation of the cooling system;
- In the CPU FAN PROFILE line, you can choose how intellectual work will be held: Silent Coler will function silently; Standard Fan functions only half of its power; Turbo or Performance the cooler accelerates to the maximum;
- In the line CPU Temperature, you indicate the temperature of the processor. And the process of cooling will go to these indicators.
Coiler acceleration utilities in a laptop
For those who do not like the BIOS environment, a special software has been developed, with which you can disperse the fan on a laptop.
Dell XPS M1330 Notebook watercooling MOD, the little How to
The most effective for such purposes are: Speedfan; AMD Overdrive; Riva Tunes.
Application of the Speedfan utility
This program has an understandable and simple integration. To disperse it with the help of it, you need to:
- Install it. She is downloaded for free on the Internet. The installation file has approximately 2.8 MB. Therefore, the Internet is suitable for downloading at low speed
- Change the language of the application to Russian. To do this, in the Configure section, go on the Options tab and select the desired language. Then press OK.
- In the section “Indicators” indicate the desired speed of rotation. Fixing how much percent of its capabilities it will function. There are also data on the temperature of the processor, motherboard and built.in drive.
- The “Configuration” section in the “Temperature” tab indicates the temperature of the processor, motherboard and hard disk. The system will adhere to these parameters.
Increasing the fan speed using AMD Overdrive and Riva Tunes
The AMD Overdrive utility increases the capacity of the fan installed on laptops with the AMD processor. To improve the work of the cooler using this application, you need:
- Install the program on a portable computer.
- Run the program. And go to the FAN CONTROL section.
- Find the Performance Control tab.
- Increase the speed of the cooler using sliders that regulate its strength.
- Now save all changes. To do this, in the Preferences section, find the Setting item. In this paragraph, put a box opposite the line “Use my last settings”. Now, after turning on the laptop, the fan will work with a new power.
If the Intel processor is built into your portable computer, then you need to install the Riva Tunes program, which was developed by Intel. This utility sets up in the same way as the previous. Therefore, there is no need to re.describe them.
Accelerating the rotation of the laptop fan is very simple. If you follow the above instructions, you will easily and quickly do it. However, it must be borne in mind that the laptop begins to work more loudly if you increase the fan capacities in it. Therefore, listening to music or watch movies on a portable computer, which is very noisy not very comfortable and pleasant. And not everyone will like to work for a device that makes noise. Loud sound can distract and interfere with concentration. The laptop also begins to consume more electricity, with the increase in the cooler power in it. If the device is connected to the network, then there will be no problems in its work. But if the laptop is disconnected from the network and works for batteries, then it will be much faster to sit down. Also, its life will be much less.
AMD Overdrive program
I can’t bypass the quite famous utility from AMD, which offers us a number of opportunities, including the control of the fan speed, so to increase the performance of the entire laptop.
- Install and launch the utility.
- After the opening, in the first window, go to the FAN CONTROL section, then to the “Performance Control” tab.
- To change speed, you need to move the sliders.
- It remains only to click “OK” so that the changes made are preserved.
Now you know how the fan should work, how to adjust it correctly, manage it and you can do it yourself.
Methods of solution
The functioning of the cooling system is fully dependent on the BIOS. It is worth taking into account the fact that according to factory settings, the cooling system does not work at full capacity, but only 50% for minimal electricity consumption and decreasing noise level. Almost all motherboards have the ability to manage coolers using special programs.
In order to forcefully turn on the cooler on the laptop, you can use one of the following methods:
When the settings changes, additional noise may appear and energy consumption will increase. That is why, first you should disassemble and carefully clean the laptop, including the cooling system, from the accumulated dust, which can be the initial cause of overheating.
All methods presented below are equally suitable for laptops of various companies (Samsung, HP, ASUS, LENOVO, etc.)
Turning on the cooler through BIOS
In order to start the cooler forcibly, it is enough to change some settings in BIOS’E.
- Enter the Power/Hardware Monitor menu.
- The value should be prescribed (indicated in the percentage), at what power it needs to work. Alternative. activation of the intellectual mode of operation. In this case, the system itself will determine the speed of rotation of the blades based on the load of CP.
- We save the settings and leave the BIOS.
The appearance of the “Hardware Monitor” section may have small differences, depending on the BIOS version. But the settings always remain the same type, so you can easily manually turn on the fan on the laptop and change its operating mode:
- CPU Temperature function. is responsible for the temperature of the processor, which the fan will support.
- The parameter “CPU FAN Speed”. indicates the speed of rotation of the cooler.
- CPU Q-FAN CONTROL-Intellectual mode of functioning. To activate it, the value of “enable” should be set.
Working parameters in intellectual mode:
- Silent. mode for saving energy and silent work.
- Standard. works at half the power.
- Performance and Turbo. maximum cooler speed.
Very popular free acceleration program. First of all, it is designed to monitor the temperature of all components, and one of its functions is the ability to monitor and change the speed of rotation of the fan. With its help, you can control the speed, depending on the needs and workload of the processor.
- Download, install and launch.
- By default, the utility has an English.speaking Inte Wee, but for convenience, you can change it to Russian. To do this, go to the Configure tab, then in Options, select the language and click OK;
- After that, in the “Indicators” tab, we set the required speed of rotation of the cooler (measurement measure. interest);
- Also, to improve the work, it is necessary to prescribe in the section “Configuration. Temperatures “recommended temperature for the hard drive and processor, within 42 degrees;
But this is only one way of those that allow you to disperse the cooler on the laptop.
You can increase the speed of the fan and using the BIOS. This is also done according to a certain scheme.
If you do not have experience working with BIOS, then it is better to entrust the work of an experienced master, otherwise the integrity of the system can be violated and the computer will simply stop loading.
It is necessary to do the following:
; To do this, reboot the computer and when loading, press the Del or Delete key. Also, depending on the manufacturer and the specific model (ASUS, Acer, etc.D.) F9 or F12 keys can be used.
- Next, go to the Power tab, and then go to the Hardware Monitor subsection;
- Here you can see the current speed and set the speed to the maximum or set the “intellectual mode”. Please note that the indicators are also declared as a percentage;
- We keep the BIOS settings and reboot.
The appearance of the settings may differ depending on the manufacturer of your laptop (Lenovo, Samsung, Packard Bell and D.p) and from the version of the BIOS.
For owners of laptops with an AMD processor, a special utility has been developed that allows not only to control the speed of the cooler rotation, but also allowing to change the settings of the entire chipset, thereby increasing PC performance.
To disperse the fan, it is necessary to perform the following:
- Download the program, install and start.
- After the launch, we move to the FAN CONTROL section, it is responsible for adjusting the fan speed, where you need to set the settings;
- Control is carried out using sliders, which are moved to a larger or smaller side;
- When the settings are set, they should be saved using the Apply key and press OK;
- Next, go to Preference and click on Settings and install a checkmark near the Apply My Last Settings and click OK. Thus, we will save the specified settings for automatic use at each launch of the OS.
After all the manipulations, the fan rotation will be completely under the control of the utility, and you no longer have to worry about anything.
Samsung laptops Increase in cooler speeds
To increase the speed of speed on Samsung laptops, there is a radical way you just need to cut the white wire that comes from the cooler, and it will begin to work on the full. Of course, after you turn off this wire, before starting your laptop, the fan will not spin, but do not be scared, but wait until the laptop warms up to 40 degrees. The fan itself will start working at maximum speed. There is also an Easy Settings program, it goes in the standard with a spray of it, you can only fond of speed.
Macs Fan Control is a special program for controlling the speed of the cooler in MacBook.
Increasing revolutions via BIOS
Unfortunately, in most modern bios laptops, the bios is cut and the functions of regulating the cooler revolutions are not there. But it’s worth a try to enter the BIOS when starting the system click F2 or Delete If you can’t look for a model of your laptop on the network and how to enter its BIOS. After we entered the BIOS, you need to find something like Power. Hardware Monitor it sets up a fan. Find the option with the “FAN Speed” value and select the fan speed, it is indicated as a percentage. Then click F10 then ok.
Other programs to increase the speed of the cooler
EEECTL (Asus eee) 2. I8kfangui (Dell Inspiron, Latitude, Precision) 3. Smart FAN (Acer Aspire One series and after alteration Timeline 1810/1410) 4. A1CTL (Acer Aspire One) 5. TPFANCONTROL. (Lenovo ThinkPad series x/t/r) 6. 1810Tray (Acer Timeline 1410/1810) 7. [3820Tray] Hardware Control PowerProfiles Cpumonitor (Acer Timelinex 3820) 8. Acer Aspire One (AA1) FAN CONTROL (Acer Aspire One) 9. ACFANCONTROL (Acer Aspire 5235 /5635) 10. Lenovo S10 FAN CONTROL 11. HP Notebook Fan Control in Hwinfo32 (HP 8740W and 8530W) Target = “_ Blank” Rel = “Nofollow Noopener”