Screenshot On Windows 7 Computer
Very often it is necessary to show a screenshot to your interlocutor, friend or work colleague. Usually it is called a screenshot. This is an image (snapshot) taken from the screen in a certain period of time. In this article, I will demonstrate how to take a screenshot on a computer or laptop with Windows 7, 8 or another installed. Actions on all are identical.
Usually a screenshot is required when:
- I want to share a beautiful moment from a computer game.
- To create instructions for working with any application or program.
- There was some kind of malfunction and it is necessary to demonstrate it to a specialist so that he can help.
Now about how to make it.
How to take a screenshot on a computer
It’s easiest and easiest to do with a special key. Print screen (translation. Screenshot) Usually it is located in the upper right part of the keyboard both on the computer and on the laptop. Also, the inscription can be written in abbreviation. Prnt Scrn.
After completing the steps above, open any program for working with images (paint), set the courses in it and press CtrlV (insert) The image will appear in the program. Then it must be saved, and then use it.
By the way, you can press the Print Screen key and immediately download (Ctrl v) images on social networks (e.G. In contact), without the need for an editor. Below is a demonstration of how this happens in a social network in contact.
Screenshot of a separate Windows window
There are situations when it is necessary to capture not the entire computer screen, but only a separate window. In this case, third-party programs are not required. Just now you need to do a little differently:
- Highlight (make it active, foreground) the window to be captured.
- Press Alt Print Screen.
- Paste the resulting image in a graphics editor or elsewhere.
A very convenient and simple solution for creating a screenshot of the desired window.
System utility scissors
This utility was created specifically for creating screenshots of individual sections of the screen. It appeared with the version of Windows 7 and is present in newer ones. Go to the start menu and find it. Or go to the Start path Programs Standard.
After starting, you need to select an area on the screen and save the result.
This method will avoid installing third-party software.
Creating screenshots with a third-party program
The free screencapture program provides more advanced screenshots. Its functionality:
- Upload pictures immediately to the online storage.
- Save to anywhere on your computer.
- Built-in editor.
- Customize your keys to take a screenshot.
Download it and install. After starting, the settings window will appear on the right where you can:
- Select image quality.
- Where to save.
- The history of pictures.
And other settings. Perfect for those who do not have enough standard tools for creating screenshots in the Windows system.
There are a lot of similar programs. There are both paid and free. I liked this one most of all. You need to choose based on your own tasks. Additionally, you can watch a example.
I hope you have no questions about taking a screenshot. If, what. Always ready to answer in the comments.
You will now receive practical advice and a complete “alignment”: How to take a screenshot of the screen on the computer. We will tell and show everything. And even step by step with us you will make your first screen.
To begin with, what kind of word is this. A “screenshot”? It happens like this. You urgently needed to send a friend through a computer the location of the object on the map. A photo is not at hand, and not in the search for Yandex and Google from the pictures.
Or if you are engaged in an online business, and any technical support requires a screen of what is happening from you. Then, like it or not, the need arose: how to take a screenshot of a screen on a computer.
And computer gamers consult with each other and show how they managed to triumphantly overcome the traps in the game.
In general, it will be useful for many to learn how to take a screenshot.
Now we will show you an overview of the most popular screenshot programs. With the help of these necessary things, you can independently and free scan your computer screen in the form of a picture (image).
- Using standard Windows tools and the “print screen” button
- Special programs to take a screenshot
- Using the browser you use
How to take a screenshot on a windows 7 computer and where to find it
This is the easiest way, but not the easiest. Its advantage is that it is always at hand, no need to download or access special programs. And minus. Besides the fact that you need to press a button on the keyboard, you will need a series of actions to get a screenshot of the screen and find it.
Now to the point. If you need to take a screenshot of the screen on a windows 7 computer (windows 7), you will first need one action, or rather, a button. The “PrtSc” (Print Screen) or “Psc” or “PrtnScn” key, whichever is on your keyboard.
If you haven’t found out, if there is no “print screen” button, you don’t despair, use the electronic keyboard. This is not a problem. You press “Win” “U” at the same time. A standard Windows window pops up, select “keyboard” and turn on “electronic keyboard”.
Where can I find a screenshot, where is it saved?
By default, after you take a screenshot of the screen on the computer, Windows saves it in the clipboard. Do not try to find the screen yourself and do not find out where it is stored. Just know that your “snapshot” is already in the memory of the “computer”.
Instructions on how to take a screenshot on your computer using the standard Windows program
- Press the “print screen” button when you find the desired picture. It is usually located in the upper right corner of the “F12”.
- Open the standard graphics program “Paint”. How? Click “Start”, then either enter “Paint” in the search box, or select “All Programs”, then “Standard” and “Paint”.
- The graphic editor will open. In the left corner, click “Paste” or the keyboard shortcut “CtrlV”. And from the “clipboard” your picture will appear.
- If you don’t need to do anything with the screenshot taken, then save it. How? In the upper left corner there is a “blue square” (“File”). Click it and select “Save As”. I advise you to save in “PNG” format.
- After you have selected the “image format” a window will pop up in which indicate to the computer where you want to save the “screen”. All.
If you want to edit the resulting image: crop or make changes (for example, text), then in “Paint” it is easy to do.
Be aware that with the combination of the “PrtSc” (Print Screen) and “Alt” buttons, the system saves only the active window to the clipboard, not the entire monitor snapshot, but part of it. These are the usual dialog boxes or windows that resemble Windows: such as the “Are you sure you want to delete all images?” Warnings when you empty the Trash folder.
How to take a screenshot on a Windows 7 computer using the standard Scissors program
In “Windows 7” there are “scissors” with which you can cut out the area of the screen on the computer.
- Again, “Start”, then “All programs”, “Standard”, and “Scissors”.
- The picture on the display will turn white and a window will appear where you need to click on “Create”.
- Using the “mouse”, move the cursor. Indicate, as it were, the area that you need for the screenshot.
- A new window will appear, where in the upper left corner click “File” and “Save As”.
- Choose a place to fit the screen, and give it a name. All.
How to take a screenshot on a computer on Windows 10
We did not find something characteristically different from how to take a screenshot on Windows 10 or on another Windows. In both cases, the screen is easy and simple to prepare using standard utility programs that are in every set of the operating system.
Over, you can do without any programs at all.
As mentioned above, in order to take a screenshot of the screen on a computer on windows 10, you need to turn your attention to the keyboard and find special Win Print Sc SysRq keys (Win PrtScr) on it. And then, using a combination, click on them. The image on the monitor will darken a little and Windows will instantly take a screenshot and place your screen in a folder.
Where to find her? You ask. And here everything is easy and simple. It is located in the “Screenshots” folder in the “Image” operating folder. Open and see the screenshots you created.
Useful advice, who uses exactly “Windows 10”: the screen can be made using the keyboard shortcuts Windows (with the flag) and “H” (English). In this method, the program will take and save a screenshot in the “cloud”. And it will give you a list of applications with which you can send the picture electronically or edit it in the online service.
What to do if there is no such “magic” button “print screen” on the keyboard?
How to take a screenshot if there is no “print screen” button? Or a screenshot program
There is a solution for this method.
The most elementary is to select the “electronic keyboard” and repeat the necessary steps. And there is another option using specialized programs.
Honestly, there are many such utilities. And even we have not all tried them. But we definitely know that taking a screenshot of the screen with their help does not represent much effort. Everything is pretty simple: you need to download the program to your computer, run it and take a “screen capture”. A snapshot.
- Lightshot (https://app.Prntscr.com/en/index.html)
- Screenshot (https: //screenshot.Rf/)
- FastStone Capture (http://www.Faststone.Org/download.Htm)
- Fraps (http://www.Fraps.com/download.php). Makes screenshots in games
- PicPick (http://ngwin.com/picpick)
- Clip2Net (http://clip2net.com/en/)
- Screenshot Joxi (http://joxi.ru/lander/)
- Paparazzi (https://derailer.Org/paparazzi/). Mac only
Online services for saving screenshots
- PasteNow (https://pastenow.ru/)
- Makescreen (https://makescreen.ru/chrome)
- Snapito (https://snapito.com/). You can send pictures to Pinterest
- Web Capture (https://web-capture.Net/en/)
- IMGonline (https://www.Imgonline.com.Ua/website-screenshot.php). Ukrainian service
- S-shot (https://www.S-shot.ru/)
- ScreenPage (http://screenpage.ru/)
Download as you know, nothing is needed. Just select and copy the link where you want to take a picture, paste it into a special field of the online tool and edit as you like. Save to your computer.
Take a screenshot using a browser
The browsers themselves will help you how to take a screenshot of the screen on your computer. Applications and extensions are available for all search engines: Yandex, Opera, Google, Mozilla Firefox and others.
Today, Yandex, Opera, Google, Mozilla Firefox, the leaders in our country, already have a page capture function built into the settings.
How to make a screen using the program “Lightshot”?
Let’s look at the example of “Lightshot”, we use it very often. By the way, I made this picture above using “Lightshot”.
- Download the program from the official website for free. (No viruses, do not worry. Everything is clean)
- Install (the program always starts with the computer, along with Windows).
- An icon appears in the upper right corner. An image of a purple-violet “feather”.
- When you need to take a screenshot, click on this “pen”.
- The display will fade and you will be prompted to select an area for the picture.
- Right-click and drag the frame to the desired size.
- At the bottom and side of this frame, additional useful functions are located, including for saving a screenshot. (Dealing with the add-ons will not be any problem. Pupils do everything with a half kick).
Video. How to take a screenshot step by step, a screenshot on a laptop or computer:
If you have something to add. Welcome in the comments. So introduce your friends (share on social networks. It’s useful for them, I’m very pleased, and it’s not difficult for you to click on the icon of your favorite social network) with 20 or more ways “How to take a screenshot of the screen on your computer yourself.”