Samsung TV Samsing Settings. Using another method of connection to Wi-Fi
What will happen if I reboot my Smart Hub?
If you have a Smart TV, the Smart Hub reset will delete all the information from your account and return the settings to factory default values. You will have to re.link your account with any services after resetting Smart Hub.
Why is my Samsung TV does not connect to the Internet? To upgrade the network on Samsung Smart TV:
Take the remote control and press the “home” button to go to the settings. Go to the menu and select “Settings” “Basic” “Network”. Pull the mouse pointer to the “reset network” parameter and select yes. Reload the TV.
Why is my Windows 10 does not connect to Wi-Fi?
That it comes free from Apple TV?
How long does it take to lose Smart Hub?
Wait for 5 minutes then connect the TV to the mains and turn it off for another 30 seconds. This should lead to a reset of the system, and you can either return and try to update the Smart Hub again, or check if the update was completed, but the screen was just hanging.
Why is the HBO MAX does not work on my Samsung TV?
If your Samsung TV does not play the HBO Max video, it may be that HBO Max needs to be updated. To do this, open the Smart Hub on the Samsung TV and select “Applications” click the “Settings” icon “Updating” “HBO MAX” then select “Update” to complete the process and solve the problems with video reproduction.
Using the TV remote control, go to “Settings” and select “Support”. Select the “software update”, and then select update now. New updates will be loaded and installed on your TV. at the end of the update, the TV will automatically reboot.
Connect Samsung Smart TV to Wi-Fi router
Consider the process of connecting on the TV, which works on the new Smart TV Tizen OS system. You need to open the Smart TV menu. To do this, click on the button with the house icon on the remote control. Perhaps you have a different remote. It doesn’t matter.
We bring the cursor to the “Settings” item, go to the “network” on top and select “Network Settings”.
Or we open the “Parameters” and go to the “General”. “Network” section. “Open the network settings“.
Next, you need to select the type of network. Since we want to connect the Samsung TV to the Wi-Fi router, then select “Wireless”.
After the search, the TV will issue a list of Wi-Fi networks available for connecting. Choosing our wireless network. In the screenshot below, my network is called “iPhone” (distributed the Internet from the phone).
If you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network with a hidden SSID, then at the very bottom of the list of wireless networks you need to select “Add a network”.
Enter the password from the Wi-Fi network and click on the “Ready” button. If you want to see the password that you enter, put a checkmark near the “Show password” item.
If the connection was successful, then a message should appear that the TV is connected to the Internet.
If for some reason you need to turn off the TV from the Wi-Fi network, then you can do this in the settings, in the section “General”-“network”-“network state”. You need to click on the “Disable” button.
Now you can return to the Smart TV menu and use the Internet connection in different applications. For example, view sites through a browser. On the Samsung TV, it is called “Internet”. Or watch YouTube on the TV through a separate application.
You can also configure the playback of films from a computer, laptop, or mobile devices for DLNA. The main thing is that the TV and another device are connected to one network. I leave a link to the instructions for setting the DLNA server in Windows 10. You can also display photos and videos on a TV with iPhone or iPad. With Android devices, you can also configure the broadcast of the media content by Dlan.
Connection of the Samsung TV with the old Smart TV system is approximately the same. In the settings you need to go to the “Network” section and start the network setting. Choose a wireless type of network. Then select your network from the list of available networks and enter a password.
If there is no wireless network in the TV settings, then most likely there is no built-in Wi-Fi in your TV. Or you need a branded USB adapter. But in this case, it is easier to make a cable connection.
Possible problems with Samsung TV to Wi-Fi
I think it will not be superfluous to consider the most popular problems and solutions that may arise in the process of connecting the Internet on the Internet via wireless network.
- There are no wireless network settings on the TV. I already wrote about this above in the article. Most likely, your Samsung TV model does not have a built-in Wi-Fi module. Perhaps your model supports connecting an external receiver. It looks something like this: but this information is better to clarify in Samsung’s support.
- TV does not see a Wi-Fi network. Such a problem is rare. Perhaps in the place where the TV is installed, no wireless network catches. This must be checked from another device. You also need to remember that not all TVs can connect to Wi-Fi networks at a frequency of 5 GHz. By the way, if your TV does not see a Wi-Fi network only at a frequency of 5 GHz, then try to apply solutions from this article: why Smart TV does not see Wi-Fi in the range of 5 GHz.
- An error appears when connecting to a wireless network. First, reboot the router (disable it for a minute) and try to install the connection again. Make sure you are correctly entering the password to the Wi-Fi network. If you forgot the password, then try to remember it according to this instructions. So that the Samsung TV can connect to Wi-Fi-the password should be at least 8 signs. Try connecting TV to another network. So we can find out what is the problem. In the TV itself, or on the side of the router.
- The TV is connected to Wi-Fi, but the Internet does not work. There may be many reasons. I recommend first check if the Internet works on other devices that are connected to the same network. If it does not work, look for a malfunction on the side of the router, or an Internet provider. If it works on other devices-try on the Samsung TV, in the properties of the Wi-Fi network, prescribe static DNS. In the settings, we open the item “Network” and select “IP parameters”. Next, “configure DNS”. “introduce manually” and introduce 8.eight.eight.eight. Click “Ready”
- With any connection problems, you can try to reset the network. This will restore the factory settings of the network. After choosing this item, you need to confirm the reset. Nothing terrible will happen. TV will turn off from Wi-Fi. You need to re.enter a password when connecting.
I will be glad to answer your questions in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. If you have any questions left-write. Do not forget to share the information of the article. Perhaps I missed something, or was mistaken somewhere. Always ready to fix, or supplement the article.
How to reset Wi-Fi password on Smart TV?
Open the Wi-Fi connection list, click on the location of Wi-Fi, which you want to change, click “Forget the password”, then enter a new password.
- On your Android device, open the Chrome application.
- Click on 3 points or more on the right side of the panel.
- Click “Settings” “Passwords”.
- View, Delete or export the password:
How do I find my Wi-Fi password on Samsung TV?
Select the network. Select open the network settings. Choose Wireless. Enter your password and select you ready.
If your Wi-Fi is not powerful enough to maintain a connection with your Smart Televisor, then it may even disconnect from it. You could notice this more if you broadcast it as 4K, as this uses greater throughput for streaming than when streaming in 1080p.
How can I change the network on my phone?
Perform the following actions to manually select the network on your device:
- On the front screen, tap the application.
- Select “Settings”.
- Select “Mobile Networks” (if your device is running Android Lollipop, you will need to choose “Other Networks” and then “Mobile Networks”).
- Select “Network Operators”.
- Choose a network to which you want to connect. (
How can I see the Wi-Fi password on my Android phone?
How to check the Wi-Fi password on Android mobile phones
7 Samsung TV Settings and Features You Need to Know! | Samsung TV Tips & Tricks
- Go to the “Settings” application and go to Wi-Fi.
- You will see all the saved Wi-Fi networks
- There you will see the option QR code or click to share the password.
- You can take a picture of the screen with a QR code
- Open the QR scanner application and scan the generated QR code.
Smart-TV network settings reset
If manipulations with settings do not help, you can always try to discharge them. This possibility is provided in all Smart-TV production Samsung. Consider the procedure for reset on the television receivers Samsung H-series:
- To reset the settings, you will need to enter a PIN code consisting of 4 digits. If the PIN code has not been changed by the user, “0000” should be entered here (for the Samsung TVs other PIN code may differ-information can be found in the documentation or on the manufacturer’s website).
After the last step, the TV will turn off for a while, and then turn on again. If the Internet does not work automatically, try to adjust it again using one of the instructions above.
Resetting TV settings
A quick way that in some cases helps to solve problems with Wi-Fi on Smart TV is the restoration of factory settings. Before its implementation, it is advisable to rewrite the values of the main parameters not related to the network. After reset, you can return them based on the recorded information. The path in the menu to restore factory settings on popular TV models:
- LG: “Settings. Additionally. General. Reset of settings to factory “.
- Samsung: “Support. Self.diagnosis. Reset “.
- Panasonic: “Installations. System menu. Initial installations “.
note! When installing factory settings, not only the standard network parameters will be returned. Smart TVs will not be preserved settings for image, sound, energy conservation and other functions.
Changing the location of the router
Non.varnishes in the wireless network on the TV can be associated with a weak signal receipt from the router. If possible, rearrange the router closer to Smart TV and install it so that there are less interference in the way of spreading radio waves. The main obstacles to passing the signal are walls, furniture and working household appliances.
The installation of an access point on the elevation will help to provide a better connection on Wi-Fi. For example, you can put a router on a closet or hang over the door. In the absence of the possibility of transferring the router closer to the TV, connect a more powerful antenna to it. The higher the antenna reinforcement factor, the better the network on Smart TV will work.
Samsung TV does not see a Wi-Fi network in the 5 GHZ range
In new Samsung TV models, built-in wireless modules can be supported by the new Wi-Fi 802 standard.11ac. These TVs can be connected to a wireless network in the 5 GHZ range. The speed at this frequency is higher, and to watch online video in good quality, this is important. There are two nuances here:
- TV should have support for wireless standard 802.11ac. You can see the characteristics, or find out the model, call Samsung and ask.
- You should have a two.band router and it must distribute a network at a frequency of 5 GHz.
If both points are made, but the TV does not find a network that operates at a frequency of 5 GHZ, then most likely the problem in the channel on which your network works in this range. In the router settings, for the network in the 5 GHZ range, one of the four channels must be installed: 36, 40, 44, or 48.
If nothing helps, try to reset the network, or a complete reset of TV settings (instructions at the end of the article).
Update: there is support for Wi-Fi 5 GHZ, but does not find the network
Thanks to the information from the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, it was possible to find out that there are situations when a specific model of the Samsung TV supports Wi-Fi 5 GHZ (Wi-Fi 5, 802.11ac). This is written in the characteristics on the official website, but the TV still does not see a Wi-Fi network in the range of 5 GHz and the channel change in the router settings does not help.
As it turned out, the reason is that support for this range can be blocked in the TV itself. Due to the fact that exactly this TV was supplied in strange, where it is forbidden to use the range of 5 GHz.
There is a solution. You can try to unlock support for this range in the TV service menu. In the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, Valery shared his experience and photos, for which thank you very much.
How to Factory Reset (Back to Original Settings) on Samsung Smart TV
To enter the service menu of your TV, we use one of three options:
- Click on the Mute button, then press “1” sequently. “one”. “9”. “OK”. “one”. “2”. “3”. “four”. “OK”.
- Quickly and sequentially press the “Info” buttons. “Menu”. “Mute”. “Power”.
- Quickly and sequentially press the “Menu” buttons. “one”. “eight”. “2”. “Power”.
- In the Option section at Local Set, we install the CIS_RUSSIA parameter.
- Go to the MRT OPTION section. And change the following parameters: Lenguage set. CIS, Region. Paneuro, PNP Lenguge. English (you can ru).
After that, you need to turn off the TV, turn it on, go to the settings (general. the network) and see if our network is in the 5 GHz range in the list of available networks. If there is, select it and connect it.
Samsung TV does not connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi
The next problem is an error in the connection process. Mistakes are different. Most often they are associated with password, or Wi-Fi network security settings.
If, after choosing a Wi-Fi network and entering a password, you see an error “Unacceptable password”, “Wrong password”, etc. D., be sure to make sure you are entering the password correctly. You can remember the password from your network according to the instructions how to find out your password from Wi-Fi, or what to do if you forgot the password. The password should be at least 8 characters. Big letter “a” in the password and small “a” are different symbols.
When entering the password, set the checkplace “show the password” to see what characters you introduce.
Other reasons and solutions:
- Security Settings. In the parameters of the router, a modern type of safety and encryption of a wireless network should be installed. Place WPA2-PSK.
- The current operating mode of the wireless network should also be installed there. Or mixed mode (b/g/n). or “only n” (if we are talking about the network in the range 2.4 GHz). If anything, here’s the instruction: https: // Help-Wi-Fi.COM/Nastrojka-Wi-Fi-Setej/Rezhim-Raboty-Wi-Fi-Seti-B-G-H-ChTO-ChTO-I-KAK-SMENIT-V-NASTROJKAX-ROUTERA/
- DHCP server should be included on the router. It is turned on by default, but if for some reason it was turned off, the TV will not be able to connect to the router. At least until you are on it on it static IP addresses.
- Perhaps the router is configured to filter devices by MAC addresses, or some other protection functions. If you set up something similar, then you need to check and disable/change the settings of these functions.
- If a Wi-Fi signal is installed, then perhaps the TV is trying to connect to it. This may be the reason that the Samsung TV does not connect to the Internet.
Try to connect your Smart TV to another network. If it connects, then the TV for some reason does not like your Wi-Fi network, and you need to look for a solution on the side of the router.
The TV connected to the network, but there is no Internet connection
When the Samsung TV does not connect to the Internet if there is a successful connection with a Wi-Fi network, you should check if there is an Internet connection on other devices, perhaps the problem will be from the provider. If only the TV cannot be connected, you should try to manually register DNS. For this:
- Opens the service menu.
- Opens the section “Network” and select the “Settings” tab.
- Click on the IP Parameters buttons.
- Introduce a public DNS from Google. 8.eight.eight.eight.
- Overload Smart TV and perform a second connection.
Manually rewrite the IP address and port number (gateway) is not recommended, as this will not lead to the result. When connecting to the network, these data are filled out automatically. When changing DNS, the Internet connection in most cases is restored. If this does not happen, it is worth dropping internal network settings on TV.
To reset the settings, you must also go to the service menu and open the section “Network”. Choosing “Settings”, “Return to the factory settings”. Immediately after this, the connection with the network will be reset and the TV when repeated connection may again request the network key. The reset to the factory settings of the network is not provided on all Smart TV models from Samsung, in some cases it will be necessary to completely discard all the settings (rescue Smart Hub).
The reset of the general settings of the TV is performed as follows:
- In the service menu, we open the section “Settings”.
- Choose the “Support” tab (on some models, this tab is put into a separate section).
- Click on the “self.diagnosis” button.
- Choosing “Reset of settings”.
The system can request a password that is registered in the TV service book. As a rule, this is either “0000” or “1111”. After resetting the settings, overload the device and perform the connection by indicating the key to the network.
Private cases when connecting a TV to Wi-Fi
In most cases, the connection problems are solved by the installation of appropriate settings, but sometimes private situations arise that also require solutions:
- The Samsung TV automatically connects to someone else’s (neighboring) network and does not allow you to connect to home. In this case, you will need to reset the network in the settings of the local network, and update the search for all available Wi-Fi connections. After the desired network is displayed, the connection.
- Knocks out an error only in separate applications. If television online works uninterruptedly, but the system resets when trying to open, for example, YouTube, you will need to reset the TV settings, and if you need to update the firmware to remove the software failure.
- The TV connects to the network and immediately drops the connection. Apparently, the problem lies in the signal safety settings. You need to open the router settings and install the type of safety WPA2-PSK.
- Unstable connection, Internet speed “jumps”. In this case, the problem may be either in the correctness of the router, or from the provider. If “drawdowns” are observed on all devices, you should contact the Internet provider.
Despite the convenience of the wireless connection, the classic connection using the cable is still the best way to connect Smart TV to the Internet. The cable will provide a more stable connection and will not require any special settings. The only drawback is the issue of aesthetics, this is a prominent cable, but it is also solved without any problems. There are many ways to hide the wire so that nothing distracts from watching TV.