Samsung TV How to Set Up Digital Channels
Decoding TVs SAMSUNG
DVB-C receiver is integrated in all models starting from 2009 (letter index B, C or D).
Before setting it is necessary to set the following parameters in the menu: Country. Slovakia or Slovenia, Auto-search for digital and analogue channels, Source. Cable, Network.
General digital channel tuning algorithms for various models of brand LCD TVs SAMSUNG
1. Click on the menu entry. (green button);
2. We select in the menu. Channel (pictogram Satellite antenna);
3. Choose. Auto tuning;
4. Choose. Signal source. Cable;
5. Choose. Digital;
6. Push. Start.
Setup takes about 5-10 minutes.
Setting up digital channels on Samsung TVs of 2010 and beyond
1. In order to set up digital TV channels for the vast majority of Samsung models, press the button Menu (Menu) on the remote control, you will see the TV menu, in which you will need to select the section Channel (icon Satellite antenna) The TV will ask for a pin code, if you did not change it, then enter 0000. For the required DTV search parameters, make sure that in the menu Channel. Country The following settings are selected:
2. Make sure that the menu Channel. Antenna option selected Cable.
3. Open menu Channel. Cable Search Options. Start frequency. 298000 KHz, End frequency. 362000 KHz, Transmission speed. 6952 KS / s, Modulation. 256 QAM.
4. Open menu Channel. Auto tuning. Signal source. Cable Channel type. Digital.
5. Select the type of channels at your discretion, you can find only digital channels, or digital analog. Click Further.
6. Search Mode: Network.
7. Press button Search. After the channel search is completed, click OK.
8. After an automatic search, you will find all the digital channels existing in the cable network. But only those that are included in the packages of digital TV channels you have chosen will be shown. The remaining channels are most conveniently deleted.
9. Channel Sort. Open menu Channels. Channel manager. Select the desired channel (or several, using the button WITH (yellow) on the remote control), press the button Tools on the remote control and select Delete.
10. After confirmation, the selected channel will be deleted.
Eleven. To sort the channels, select the required menu Channel. Channel manager, press the button WITH, then button Tools, menu Sorting and move it to the right place in order.
With SMART TV
Find the button on the remote Smart hub, click and select icon Channel. Next you will see a list of channels, in the upper right corner select Editing.
Modern high-quality digital television has come into our lives. Now almost every house has the latest TVs, many of which are equipped with Smart features. However, a smart technique requires certain handling skills: it can be difficult to figure out its settings. Often users ask a question: how to set up digital channels on a Samsung TV. The setup algorithm depends on the TV model.
Can I watch a number without a prefix
Many modern TVs, in particular, released after 2011, are equipped with a built-in tuner DVB-T2. In this case, digital channels will be caught without an external set-top box. To understand whether there is such an option in a particular TV model, you should refer to the operating instructions. If it is lost, the official website of the company will help, where you can see its specifications by model number.
If the TV does not have such support, you will have to buy an additional set-top box to receive digital television. It costs a lot. About 1000 rubles in the basic version, which suits most users.
The names of the automatic setting items may vary slightly depending on the series. In general, it is done like this.
- By pressing the button with the house icon, select Source / TV / OK.
- Again, by pressing the button with the house icon go to Settings / Broadcast / OK.
- After that, select Auto Tuning / Start.
- You must specify the desired type of signal: it can be Antenna or Cable (depending on whether the TV is caught from the antenna or cable is cabled).
- If you selected the signal type Cable, you must additionally set the cable search parameters. To do this, scroll to the end in the list of operators offered by the TV and press Other.
- Select Digital Channel Search / Full / Scan.
At this stage, the digital TV setup can be considered complete. Now the TV will automatically search for available channels and save them in memory. If necessary, they can be sorted in the order convenient for the user.
After completing all the settings for digital television, check visually the quality of the transmitted signal. If for some reason the TV channel did not activate, go through all the items again.
Manual search is used if automatic for some reason did not satisfy the user. For example, not all channels were found.
To carry out the operation manually, on the remote control, press the Menu button and go to Settings.
- Choose “Channel”. Antenna item, which we change to Cable.
- In the “Country” submenu, the system will ask for a PIN code. Enter four digits 0. If it is on the list, put Russia, no. Others or Eastern Europe.
- Next, go to the cable search section. If the main menu does not have it, then you need to look in the auto settings.
- Here you must specify the frequencies manually. For digital terrestrial TV, you can take them on the website rtrs.Ru, choosing your location on the map and the nearest repeater. Frequencies of cable providers should be checked with the operator.
- After that, we start the search by ticking “Full” and “Digital channels”. When the automation finishes its operations, all tuned channels will appear. To save, click OK.
Change Channel List
After a search in automatic mode, all channels available by cable TV are saved, but only those that you have chosen will show the system.
Removing extra channels is very convenient. From the on-screen menu, you need to call Settings, the Broadcast section. In the item “Channel change”. Here in the list you can tick off unnecessary TV channels with ticks and delete them by pressing the Tools button. After the obligatory confirmation of actions, the channels will be deleted.
You can also move channels. In the same menu item, select the desired channel with a tick, and use the Tools button to select the Change item. The channel is moved using the arrows. Finally, click OK.
We tried to tell you in great detail how to set up digital channels on various Samsung TVs. If image quality is mediocre. Check if the cable is connected correctly from the antenna or its integrity, this will help to improve the television signal. You can also try choosing a different antenna. For clarity, here is a on how to set up digital TV:
In the article below, we will understand in detail how to set up channels on a Samsung TV. Samsung is a reliable manufacturer of quality equipment. However, proper receiver setup requires some knowledge to independently configure the reception of HD channels using the remote control.
How to prepare your TV for channel tuning
Fine tuning of channels on a Samsung TV is only possible if the TV and all its components are connected correctly. For proper installation of the receiver, you must follow the instructions for use. Below is an example of the correct connection of the Samsung 6 Series model:
- For terrestrial or cable television.
The antenna is connected to the jack in the ANT receiver through a special cable with a resistance of 75 Ohm. The user will receive an analog signal.
- For cable or satellite TV, Blu-ray, game console or laptop.
You will need to connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI jack.
- For online use and software updates.
Requires a wireless connection using a regular Wi-Fi router. Any of Samsung’s SMART models supports Wi-Fi connectivity. For a wired connection, you need to insert the Internet cable into the LAN port on the back of the TV.
- To view paid channels.
It is required to install CI or CI cards. It is necessary to remove the protective film and turn off the TV, place the adapter in two holes located next to the COMMON INTERFACE port.
How to set up digital channels on Samsung Smart TV
The latest receiver models receive and display the highest quality television signal. Almost every latest TV model has Smart features. However, many still can not independently figure out the parameters of Smart-TV. Setting up digital channels on a Samsung TV does not require serious skills. Any user can handle it.
You can adjust the channels in this way on older models of Samsung E-series TVs. To get the channel pool on older receiver models, you need to know how to manually configure the channels on the Samsung TV. To do this, follow the following algorithm of actions:
- On the control panel, press “Menu”.
- Go to the “Channel” tab.
- Select the “Antenna” item and replace it with “Cable”.
- We go to the menu item “Country”, enter the password “0000”, select “Russia”. If the country is not on the list. “Eastern Europe”.
- We follow in the section of cable connection parameters. If there is no such item in the main menu, then you can search for it in the automatic settings (on some Samsung TVs such settings are set).
- Going into the cable parameters, you need to set the parameters: start frequency. 298000 KHz, end frequency. 362000 KHz. Other settings are not required to be changed.
- We open the auto-tuning and select the type of received TV channels (digital, analog, satellite).
- A search engine opens. We set the “Network” parameter, click “Search”. Automatic channel tuning starts.
- All found channels will be saved in the general list, but the TV will show only those channels that the user selects.
- Unnecessary can be deleted by selecting the appropriate items in the drop-down menu.
Setting up digital channels on Samsung TV is quite simple, does not require special training. Even an inexperienced user can install the equipment and adjust the TV channels by spending about 10 minutes on mastering the instructions. Subject to all the rules for installing and debugging the pool of digital TV channels, the image received on the screen will be of high quality.
On modern models, you do not need to press buttons and tune channels manually. Setting up Samsung TV channels from the control panel to Smart TV will take a couple of minutes with minimal effort from the user. The new TV series receive a signal through a special tuner plugged into the antenna connector. Auto tuning is done in a few taps.
How to adjust TV channels on Smart TV
Press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Select “Broadcast”.
- Two windows will open sequentially, in each of which you need to select “Auto tuning”.
- Click “Start”, select the search mode. “Full”.
- The program itself will select the available digital channels in a single list.
If at the end of the auto-tuning the digital TV channels are of poor quality or do not appear at all, you need to check the correct connection of the equipment and go to all points from the very beginning.
These methods are universal for setting up a pool of TV channels on Samsung TVs of different versions. If you have any difficulties, contact Samsung Service Centers for assistance.