Samsung Smart TV not working
How to connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi?
After purchasing a Samsung smart TV, the first step is to connect it to the Internet. In this article, I will show you how to connect your Samsung Smart TV to a Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, Smart functions will not be available. The menu itself will open and function, but we will not be able to watch videos, download sites, install applications, etc. All modern Samsung TVs are connected to the Internet both using a network cable and Wi-Fi (via a router).
If you have a TV with Smart TV, then it definitely has the ability to connect to the Internet using a network cable. The TV has a LAN input. How to make such a connection, I wrote in the article connecting a Samsung Smart TV to the Internet via a network cable. And if you have the opportunity to connect the Internet via cable, and not via Wi-Fi, then it is better to use a cable. The cable connection will be faster and more stable. This is very important for the TV. If the router is installed far from the TV and there is no way to stretch the cable, then we will connect the Samsung TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi. The wireless connection speed is sufficient for most tasks. Of course, a lot depends on the speed of the Internet connection (tariff) and the router. If the TV supports Wi-Fi 5 GHz (802.11c standard). and your router is dual-band (distributes Wi-Fi at 5 GHz). it is better to connect to this network.
If you are confident that your Samsung TV has built-in Wi-Fi, then you can proceed to setup. If you are not sure, it is better to check right away. You can see the characteristics of the TV on the manufacturer’s official website. There this function is referred to as “Built-in wireless network support”.
It is a pity that the site does not indicate the Wi-Fi standards that the TV supports. One could immediately see if there is support for the 5 GHz band (802.11ac standard), just there are TVs with Smart TVs (mostly old models). in which there is no built-in Wi-Fi module. And you can connect them to Wi-Fi only through a proprietary Samsung USB adapter, or by cable. But, since it is almost impossible to find this adapter now, you can use a router or repeater as an adapter (receiver). I talked about this in this article: how to connect a TV without Wi-Fi to the Internet via Wi-Fi. Almost every modern Samsung TV with Smart TV Wi-Fi has a built-in.
Connecting Samsung Smart TV to a Wi-Fi router
Consider the connection process on a TV that runs on the new Smart TV Tizen OS system. You need to open the Smart TV menu. To do this, press the button with the house icon on the remote control. You may have a different remote control. It does not matter.
Hover over the “Settings” item, go to “Network” from above and select “Network Settings”.
Or open “Options” and go to the section “General”. “Network”. “Open network settings”.
Next, you need to select the type of network. Since we want to connect the Samsung TV to the router via Wi-Fi, we select “Wireless”.
After searching, the TV will display a list of Wi-Fi networks available for connection. Choosing your wireless network. In the screenshot below, my network is called “iPhone” (I was distributing the Internet from my phone).
Netflix App on Samsung Smart TV Not Working? Finally Fixed!
Enter the password for the Wi-Fi network and click on the “Finish” button. If you want to see the password that you enter, check the box next to “Show password”.
If the connection was successful, then a message should appear that the TV is connected to the Internet.
Now you can go back to the Smart TV menu and use your internet connection in different applications. For example, browsing websites through a browser. On Samsung TV, it is called “Internet”. Or watch YouTube on TV through a separate app.
You can also set up playback of movies from a computer, laptop, or mobile devices via DLNA. The main thing is that the TV and the other device are connected to the same network. I am leaving a link to the instructions for setting up a DLNA server in Windows 10. You can also display photos and videos on a TV from an iPhone or iPad. From Android devices, you can also configure the broadcast of media content via DLAN.
Connecting a Samsung TV with an old Smart TV system is similar. In the settings you need to go to the “Network” section and start the network setup. Select a wireless network type. Then select your network from the list of available networks and enter the password.
If your TV does not have a wireless network, then most likely your TV does not have built-in Wi-Fi. Or you need a proprietary USB adapter. But in this case, it is easier to connect by cable.
Possible problems with connecting Samsung TV to Wi-Fi
I think it will not be superfluous to consider the most popular problems and solutions that may arise in the process of connecting the TV to the Internet via a wireless network.
- The TV has no wireless settings. I already wrote about this above in the article. Most likely, your Samsung TV model does not have a built-in Wi-Fi module. Your model may support the connection of an external receiver. It looks something like this: But it is better to check this information with the support of Samsung.
- The TV does not see the Wi-Fi network. This problem is rare. Perhaps, in the place where the TV is installed, it does not catch a single wireless network. This needs to be verified from another device. You also need to remember that not all TVs can connect to Wi-Fi networks at 5 GHz. By the way, if your TV does not see Wi-Fi networks only at 5 GHz, then try the solutions from this article: why Smart TV TV does not see Wi-Fi at 5 GHz.
- An error appears when connecting to a wireless network. The first step is to reboot the router (by turning it off for a minute) and try to re-establish the connection. Make sure you enter the correct Wi-Fi password. If you forgot your password, then try to remember it according to this instruction. In order for Samsung TV to connect to Wi-Fi, the password must be at least 8 characters long. Try connecting your TV to a different network. So we can figure out what the problem is. In the TV itself, or on the side of the router.
- The TV is connected to Wi-Fi, but the internet is not working. There can be many reasons. I recommend that you first check if the Internet works on other devices that are connected to the same network. If it does not work, look for a malfunction on the side of the router, or the Internet provider. If it works on other devices, try on a Samsung TV, register static DNS in the properties of the Wi-Fi network. In the settings, open the “Network Status” item and select “IP Settings”. Then “Configure DNS”. “Enter manually” and enter 220.127.116.11. Click “Finish”
- If you have any connection problems, you can try to reset the network. This will restore the factory default network settings. After selecting this item, you need to confirm the reset. Nothing bad will happen. The TV will disconnect from Wi-Fi. You need to re-enter the password when connecting.
I will be glad to answer your questions in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. If you have any questions. write. Don’t forget to share article information. Perhaps I missed something, or I was wrong somewhere. Always ready to correct or supplement the article.
Medvedev, Zverev Open Campaigns; Sinner, Alcaraz Begin Rivalry | Paris Masters 2021 Highlights Day 3
We connect Samsung TV to the Internet via LAN cable
We connect one end of the cable to the Wi-Fi router in the yellow (usually) LAN connector:
Connect the second connector to the LAN connector on the TV:
Now we press the Menu button on the remote control, go to the Network tab and select Network Settings (I just have Ukrainian in the pictures).
Since we already have a network cable connected, just press the Start button.
If you see that the Internet connection is established, then everything is fine.
That’s it, you can go to Smart TV and use the Internet.
How to fix SAMSUNG TV Wont Turn On But Red Light Is On || SAMSUNG TV Not Working
Setting up a wired LAN on a Samsung Smart TV (Tizen OS)
On new Samsung TVs with a Smart system that runs on Tizen OS, after connecting a network cable to the LAN port of the TV, a message will immediately appear that a network cable is connected with a proposal to set up a wired network.
You can click “Yes”, after which the TV will be configured to connect to the Internet via a network cable.
Or after connecting the cable, go to the TV menu, in the “Network”. “Network Settings” section.
And if there are no problems with the cable, router, modem, then a message should appear that the network is successfully configured and the TV is connected to the Internet.
This completes the connection setup. You can use a browser (Internet) to browse sites. Or, for example, watch YouTube on TV.
Connecting Samsung Smart TV to the Internet via a Network Cable
Now we will connect the Samsung Smart TV to the Internet, using a network cable, through a router, or directly to an Internet provider. True, there are several nuances, now we’ll figure it out.
I recently wrote the same article for LG TVs, Samsung is all the same, except that the menu looks different. If you don’t have Wi-Fi on your TV, you don’t want to buy an additional Wi-Fi receiver, or you just need to connect to the Internet via cable (as a rule, the Internet works more stable via cable), then this is very easy to do. The main thing is that you must have a Wi-Fi router installed and configured. The Internet should work through it, this can be checked on other devices.
If you do not have a router, and you want to connect the Internet to a Samsung TV with Smart TV directly, immediately a network cable from an Internet provider, then you will be able to do this only if your provider uses the Dynamic IP connection technology, or Static IP (in detail, I wrote about how to find out here). If you have Internet using PPPoE, or L2TP technology, then you cannot connect the Internet to the TV without a router. The TV simply does not know how to “raise” such connections.
With this, I think sorted out. Now I will demonstrate the process of connecting to the Internet through a router. I will show it on a slightly outdated Samsung UE32EH5307 TV (if I’m not mistaken, 2013 release). As soon as the opportunity arises, I will write instructions for newer TV models.
What to do if your Samsung TV won’t connect to the Internet?
Sometimes it happens. You may see a message that could not connect to the internet. What to do in this case:
- First of all, I would advise you to restart the router, and try to establish the connection again.
- Make sure that the cable you are trying to connect to the Internet on your Samsung TV. worker (you can try to connect a computer to them, for example).
- If you are connecting directly from an ISP, make sure that it uses Dynamic IP technology. If you connect using Static IP technology, then you need to manually set the addresses (I highlighted this in the screenshot above). If another connection technology is used, then such a connection will not work, you will need a router.
Also, very often I come across the question: what is the network connector for a Samsung TV, if there is no Smart TV?
It is there in order to watch movies that are located on your computer, media server, etc. According to DLNA technology, most likely, your TV has DLNA support in its specifications.
I think this article helped you and you succeeded.
Even if the TV is in full working order, a router may be faulty. Therefore, if the rest of the “poultices” did not help, you can find a router for a while by connecting it to your home cable. The easiest way is to take from friends or neighbors. If there was a problem with a faulty router, the network from the new device will be configured automatically via Wi-Fi or cable. In this case, you will need to purchase a new device.
Solving the most popular problems on Samsung or LG TVs
When buying, buyers often pay attention to South Korean brands. Two South Korean companies are constantly fighting among themselves for the consumer. LG is committed to aggressive youth policies. Samsung is the aristocratic leader of the Korean market.
Smart TV functions of both companies are about the same, with similar problems. What to do if Smart TV is not showing on TV?
Factory reset your TV
Russian users are not accustomed to reading the manual, so setting up the devices is carried out by trial and error. If the “scientific poke method” did not help, it is worth returning the factory settings to their original state. There is a reset button for this.
Connecting the TV to the Internet
You should start by connecting your TV to the Internet. Preference is given to connecting via a router. This is done as follows:
- the provider’s network cable connector is inserted into the WAN port of the router;
- the router itself is configured;
- the TV is connected via a Wi-Fi connection, or a twisted pair cable to the router directly.
People believe that just plugging in the cable from the provider and everything will work. But this is not the case. If the ISP provides a dynamic address or “white IP”, the equipment will actually work. But some companies use other connection protocols. PPPoE, PPtP, L2TP. They require you to enter a password and login for the Internet. In addition, the router is able to distribute the Internet to other devices, so you should not give it up even if the TV can show from the service provider’s cord.
Updating the router firmware
If Smart TV is not working, the reason may be outdated software of the router or TV. The TV asks for an update automatically during operation, but the router does not. Old router software may conflict with TV receiver updates. Firmware update should result in internet loading.
Some models do not turn on Smart TV on Samsung TV due to the mismatch between the MTU values of the service provider and equipment. MTU is the maximum size of data that can travel without fragmentation. If the data block is larger than the cluster size, then the data is fragmented and may not be readable. The provider’s support service is aware of such cases and will definitely check the likelihood. Sometimes changing the MTU will produce acceptable results. It is not recommended to update the firmware yourself. This is done by a specialist.
If Smart with wireless connection is not working, restarting the equipment can help. Reboot steps:
- Disconnect your LG or Samsung TV from the Internet.
- Turn off your router.
- Pull the plugs out of the sockets for both devices for 10-15 minutes.
- Connect the router to the network and wait for stable operation.
- Plug in the TV, try to get online.
What if the restart didn’t work? It is worth checking the TV receiver and clearing the application cache. perhaps the memory is clogged with fragments of files and does not allow the paging file to function effectively. To do this, go to the “Menu” tab of the TV receiver and clear the application memory in the “Configuration”.
It happens that Smart refuses to turn on due to incompatibility with the latest changes from the provider on the server. How do I download the software update then? The only way out is to look for a work computer, a laptop with a network connection and write firmware to a USB flash drive. After that, the software is installed on the TV via the USB port.
Where to start troubleshooting
There may be several reasons for the malfunction, and not all of them are solved by turning off the TV from the outlet.
- The most unexpected malfunction is the complete absence of Smart TV in the equipment. This can happen when some grandmother calls the master and complains that her neighbor sees the Internet, but she does not. You can laugh at the problem, but it happens.
- There is no internet connection. Or there were errors in the connection.
- Routine work at the service provider.
- Router malfunction.
- The need to update the router software.
- Lack of internet.