Samsung Galaxy s9 drains fast
Galaxy S8 running out of battery fast? Take your time to change the battery!
Samsung Galaxy S8 initially holds good battery charging, but you always want more! And most importantly, this “more” is still achievable. Let’s take a look at what you can do to ensure that your new flagship from Samsung stops draining quickly and lasts for a long battery life. Go!
Reasons for fast discharge of Samsung Galaxy S8
There are a lot of them 🙂 Starting from software, and ending with “iron”. marriage. Let’s start with the ones that can be influenced by the user:
- Enabled wireless connections when you are not using them. All these Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth. even at rest, slowly “eat off” the charge. Therefore, whenever possible, try to turn them off.
- Insecure reception of the mobile network. if you see that the connection is constantly “jumping” and switching from 2G to 3G or LTE, it is better to go to the settings and specify one preferred network. This will stop the device from “clinging” to the thinner thread of a higher-speed connection. To save energy, we recommend that you supply only 2G. Of course, as soon as the opportunity arises, you should switch back. the Internet in 2G networks is very slow and you will not get pleasure from using the Galaxy S8 in this mode.
- Always ON mode. When activated, the display of the device displays information even when it is locked. From our own experience, we can note that sometimes it does not behave very adequately and at some point it “eats up” the charge quite well. Therefore, sometimes you should refuse to use it.
- Screen brightness and idle time. Agree that you can always make the display a little dimmer and set an automatic shutdown after 15 seconds, and not after 1-2 minutes. And unforgettable about auto brightness. it is better to set this parameter manually.
- Energy-intensive applications. Although, it’s worth starting with those that you don’t use at all. delete them. Next, in the settings of your Galaxy S8, go to the battery section and see which programs consume the most energy. stop the ones that are not needed at the moment. Oh yeah, the most important thing is to uninstall the built-in app. This is where the “maximum evil” is in terms of the negative impact on the battery 🙂
- Maximum screen resolution. Yes, the “eighth Galaxy” has the ability to adjust the display resolution. of course, if you set the maximum characteristics of 2960 × 1440 pixels (WQHD), then the smartphone will be discharged faster. In order to save battery, be more modest. 1480 × 720 (HD) is enough to sit out without energy for a while.
- Multicolored and moving wallpapers. How did they interfere? Well, moving pictures put extra load on the processor. As for the color ones. the Galaxy S8 uses a display made using Amoled technology, for this type of screen the most “painless” color (in terms of electricity) is black. Put on a completely black wallpaper. you will see a tangible difference in power consumption.
Of course, you shouldn’t exclude such things as a factory defect of the battery. In this case, the only correct solution is to contact an authorized service center.
Galaxy S8 drains fast. what else can you do
In addition to all of the above, it is worth noting that sometimes a regular reboot helps to fight all the troubles and quick discharge. Yes, it sounds so-so, but occasionally Android can catch some kind of “glitch” and start to strongly (most importantly. for no reason) “eat” the battery. Reboot brings it to life (to be sure, you can clear the cache of applications and programs).
Plus, Samsung has built two power saving modes into the firmware of its flagship. You can find them all in the same place. in the battery settings.
over, they are completely customizable. you yourself are free to choose how to limit your Galaxy S8 so that it does not run out of power quickly. And these modes are really cool. Because it is not always possible to do everything that we have already listed. and here, by turning on the mode, many resource-intensive processes are turned off and several hours of battery life are added.
Well, instead of an afterword: we already wrote about how to extend the life of a Galaxy S8 battery. read it, there are also sensible tips that can save your smartphone from instantaneous discharge.
Why does the battery fail?
The reasons why Samsung Galaxy runs out of battery quickly can be roughly divided into two types:
- Battery malfunction.
- Violations in Android OS.
The latest models of smartphones are equipped with Li-ion or Li-Pol batteries. The lifespan is designed for a limited number of full charge-discharge cycles, regardless of the installed operating system.
As the resource runs out, the phone starts to charge worse and the duration of its work decreases. The battery can be used for up to 3 years, depending on the conditions of use. Improper use of the device can reduce the period to a year:
- full battery discharge;
- multiple charges of 10-15%;
- a sharp change in ambient temperature;
- connection to an uncertified memory device;
- mechanical damage to the battery.
If the smartphone is new, then the phone settings or a factory defect may be to blame.
Fix Samsung One UI Battery Drain Issue in Galaxy S9, S9, S8 & S8
Battery replacement or calibration
If your Samsung Galaxy is running out of power quickly, the easiest option is to replace the battery. But this should be done only in the following cases:
- the battery is deformed or swollen;
- cracks are visible on the case;
- the battery has been used for more than 3 years;
- on the battery purchased from hands or from an unknown supplier, traces of mechanical damage are visible.
If the battery is visually in order, you need to measure the capacity. If the value does not differ from the manufacturer’s data, then everything is in order with the battery.
For other cases, it is recommended to calibrate the battery using any suitable application. The most popular is Battery Calibration. The program deletes the batterystats.bin file, which the system then re-creates and configures itself.
There are also applications BatteryCare, Nova Battery Tester. They can be downloaded through the AppStore. They are designed for tablets and smartphones with the function of determining the real battery capacity.
If the battery is not new, then it is possible to extend its life using the built-in energy saving functions in the settings menu. Use functions such as limiting animations, putting applications to sleep, and limiting the frequency of the processor. Options can increase phone performance by up to 2 hours.
The charge is significantly spent by various decorations:
Therefore, it is wise to optimize the system to reduce battery consumption: study the settings and disable all functions that are not needed. Respect for the phone will extend the life of not only the battery, but the gadget itself as a whole.
Reasons for fast discharge
To find out why your Samsung Galaxy is running out of battery quickly, you need to find out how often you use the device. If the user actively uses the smartphone all day long, using all the capabilities of the device at the same time, then the fast charge consumption is not surprising. But if the gadget is used for calls and occasional access to the network, fast charge consumption is not the norm.
- Wear. If the phone was bought a long time ago, you should check the battery status or replace it.
- Failure to comply with the temperature regime recommended by the manufacturer. Extremely hot or very cold weather will reduce the discharge rate and battery life. The optimal range can be found in the technical specifications of the device.
- Increased screen brightness. At maximum values of this parameter, the battery will drain faster. Setting the ratio within 50% will be optimal.
- Simultaneous work of several applications. It is recommended to disable all applications running in the background, enable only those that are currently needed.
- Contactless payment module. When enabled, the NFC function continuously scans the surrounding area in search of a pairing device and consumes battery.
- Display auto-off time. Set the shutdown range to minimum values.
- Mobile Internet. Some users keep the data or Wi-Fi functions turned on regardless of whether the mode is in use or not. To save battery, it is recommended to connect to the Internet only when needed.
- Navigation. The GPS satellite link function is rarely needed. It is necessary to turn off the mode after use, since the constant connection with the satellite actively consumes battery power.
- Viruses. Third-party software can not only steal data, but also inflict breaches in the system, create instability in the smartphone as a whole, and consume battery capacity. Better not to download suspicious programs.
- The included Bluetooth option also drains the gadget. If you do not need it often, you should keep it off.
- Synchronizing data also consumes battery capacity. So you need to turn off automatic mode and sync apps manually as needed.
The above reasons are the main, but not complete list of problems that cause Samsung Galaxy to run out of power quickly.
Important! If the battery is deformed and swollen, it can damage the smartphone. Electrolyte may leak out of a damaged battery and fill the phone’s microcircuit.
Samsung Galaxy drains fast, what to do?
If your Samsung Galaxy is running low on battery power quickly, you can try to find out the cause and fix the problem yourself.
How to determine the normal operating time of your phone
The fast discharge of a smartphone is determined by important factors that affect the duration of the work:
- How often and how the phone is used. When watching movies in high definition, downloading files from the Internet or playing games, the battery drains many times faster.
- System errors. Over time, Android accumulates errors when installing and uninstalling applications, downloading an update, or if the user does not clear the device cache.
- Battery performance directly depends on the amount of installed software. Programs and applications load the processor and speed up the discharge.
- Battery status. Over time, the battery loses its original capacity and the service life decreases.
- Signal quality. The worse the reception of the cellular network, the faster the battery is discharged. the module spends more energy for searching.
With balanced use of the smartphone, the battery should last for a day. With active use, the operating time is reduced to 3-4 hours.
How to extend battery life
Here are some helpful tips for using your smartphone economically:
- Devices with Super Amoled displays are considered to be more energy efficient.
- Desktop widgets are constantly updated and thus reduce the battery life of the device.
- Disabling vibration will significantly reduce battery consumption.
- When buying peripherals for a smartphone, it is better to choose the original devices that are suitable for the phone model.
- The constantly lit screen is the largest consumer of the charge.
- In Samsung smartphones, the manufacturer provides an option for energy saving mode, which will extend the battery life of the gadget.
- Disabling special features such as gesture control will also significantly save battery power.
Finally, don’t neglect regular software updates. Developers do not stop optimizing and extend product operating modes.
Why Galaxy S9 is losing power quickly?
As much as we all would not like, but this question has no definite answer 🙂 After all, depending on the situation, the Galaxy S9 can discharge abnormally quickly for a variety of reasons. Here are just a few of them:
- The increased power consumption is often due to always-on features, including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. You will say: “Modern versions of Android have long learned to control the power consumption of wireless networks and you do not need to turn off anything!” There is some truth in these words, but anyway, just in case if there is no need to use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, it is better to turn them off.
- You will be surprised, but a poor mobile network signal also negatively affects battery consumption. This is due to the fact that the processor of the device, in order to catch the signal, begins to consume more power. What to do in this case? It would be nice to change the SIM card, but for the first time, setting the network mode to 2G will help.
- If your Galaxy S9 is in Always On mode, keep in mind that always-on screen also speeds up battery drain. Yes, it “eats” not so much energy (5-10% of the total battery charge per day), but you need to remember this.
- Screen brightness. Directly affects the level of battery consumption, as well as the time after which the screen is locked after you stop using it. Therefore, to extend the battery life, we highly recommend setting the auto brightness and the lowest possible auto-lock interval for the Galaxy S9.
- Applications. Among them, you can often find real energy eaters. Therefore, at the end of using a particular application, do not forget to exit it so that it does not remain minimized. Again, you can say: “Yes, this is all nonsense, and applications” in the background “do not drain the battery.” Yes, but not always. Sometimes a program that is so unoptimized may get caught that even in inactivity it will heavily load the battery and discharge it.
- Screen resolution. In the Galaxy S9, you can change the display resolution. the higher it is, the faster the battery will drain. If you need to extend the charge, then for a while it is worth sacrificing the quality of the screen and installing HD (1480 × 720).
- Animated wallpaper. One of the biggest evils. And if they are also multi-colored. write lost 🙂 Why? Everything is very simple. Moving pictures are an additional and constant load on the processor. And the display technology of the Samsung Galaxy S9 (Amoled) implies low power consumption only when using black. Set a completely black wallpaper. the battery will thank you.
It would seem that we have already given a lot of reasons for the fast discharge of the Galaxy S9, but that’s not all. Do not forget about such things as:
By the way, in some cases, one simple action will help to get rid of the quickly “running away” charge. reboot. The minimum of actions (on-off) is the maximum benefit. Verified by personal experience.
Galaxy S9 battery draining fast? It’s easy to fix!
If you regularly use smartphones, you probably noticed that after a while, their battery starts to drain faster. Agree that after getting used to using the gadget without recharging for 2-3 days, it becomes inconvenient, that even if the device is not used regularly, it has to be charged literally every day.
But if you have a Samsung Galaxy S9, and such a situation has arisen, then you do not need to immediately go to the service center for its specialists to change the battery. Believe me, sometimes the reasons for the fast discharge of the smartphone can be eliminated by yourself. How? Now we’ll tell you everything.
How else to keep your Galaxy S9 from draining quickly?
Samsung is really great. After all, they have built a special power saving mode into their flagship. And so that everything does not seem enough to us, there are two such modes in the Samsung Galaxy S9.!
- One “average”.
- Second “maximum”.
You can find them by opening “Settings. Optimization. Battery”. In the screenshot below, you can see that turning on the “Maximum” mode will extend the operating time of the device without recharging by 21 hours. almost a day of autonomous work from the “air”!
over, the energy saving modes can be fully customized or used in a fully automatic mode. choose the one you want and go! Believe me, this is a very cool thing that greatly saves the Galaxy S9’s battery and your time. after all, when you activate the power saving mode, you can do everything that we wrote about a little higher with one button.
Finally, I would like to share my personal experience. Despite the fact that the battery in the Galaxy S9 does not differ from the Galaxy S8, in our opinion the Samsung flagship 2018 still holds a little better charge. We do not know what this is connected with, but the fact is on the face. Galaxy S9 confidently lives one day with a fairly strong load. For this alone we can say thank you to Samsung! 🙂
Reason 5 why Samsung phone battery drains quickly. continuous WI-FI
The constant search for a wireless network by the smartphone is another, very common reason for the rapid decrease in battery power.
Wi-Fi search function should be disabled when we are not within its reach or do not want to connect to the network.
Of course, this is inconvenient, but if Honor has that Wi-Fi can consume up to 25 percent of the charge, then this is worth considering.
Mobile Internet is also a good gift, and the higher the technology (edge, 3G, 4G, 5G), the more consumption.
The sixth reason why the battery of a Samsung smartphone drains quickly. geolocation
Many applications, such as, in particular, navigation using Google Maps or. track the location of smartphone users.
When the battery runs out quickly, it is advised to disable or restrict sharing of your location.
This will save power and extend the life of your smartphone, or rather the battery.
Therefore, from time to time it is good to look at the state of the geolocation, since it can be launched by the applications themselves.
The second reason why the Samsung smartphone runs out quickly. the display backlight is too bright and long
Another reason your smartphone runs out of battery too quickly is because the display brightness level is not set correctly.
Too much bright and long-lasting light on the screen will drain the battery faster.
Therefore, in case of problems with the battery, it is recommended to reduce the brightness level of the display, as well as the duration.
You can also turn on the option to automatically adjust the screen backlight so that the phone adjusts the brightness level according to environmental conditions.
Reason 3 why Samsung phone battery drains quickly. vibrator
Few people realize that phone vibrations are a huge source of power consumption.
Therefore, if you do not need to constantly use silent mode to inform you about calls, it is recommended to use only the ringtone and avoid vibration.
Thanks to this change, your device’s battery will last much longer and more efficiently.
[info] Please note that even a new Samsung phone will run out quickly if you install and turn on everything that is possible in it. [/ info]
The fourth reason why the battery of a Samsung smartphone is draining quickly. unused apps
Some apps consume significant amounts of power even when not in use.
In the phone settings on the battery usage panel, it is easy to see which programs load the smartphone the most and discharge it faster.
It is worth turning off unused applications so as not to waste battery power or even delete them altogether if not using.
For example, I always turn off (I do not use it and it is impossible to delete it without ROOT rights) and on the icon of which there are (red icon) notifications. this means that they constantly live in the background.
6 real reasons why the Samsung Galaxy smartphone began to discharge quickly
Too fast battery discharge in phones Samsung Galaxy Samsung Galaxy duos, tab 3 s8, s7, a5 2017, c8, s9, a7, j5, a3 2016, j1 2016, j3, a8, c7, s6, a5 2016, c4, s4, s5, j7, a7 2018, c6, c9, c8, s7 edge, c5, s9, c3, j2, a6, c4 mini, s6 edge, gear s3, s2, s9 plus, a8 plus, cortex 2 duos a common and troublesome problem.
The main reason is structure. They are made thin so that they can sell faster. the look for many plays an almost paramount role.
There is no way to put a large battery with a capacity of 10,000 mA in there. As a result, we get Samsung phones, the battery of which is quickly discharged.
What to do? There is only one solution. Optimize the performance of your smartphone Samsung duos, Samsung dex, Samsung Galaxy note 3, note 9, note 8, note 4, p7500 and so on.
Therefore, below I present the common reasons for this state of affairs and how to extend the battery life.
The first thing to do when you notice a decrease in battery life is to check if the battery is worn out. Here’s how to look.
The first reason why Samsung phone discharges quickly is incorrect charging
The problem of fast battery discharge usually occurs over time in devices that are often discharged and subjected to overnight charging.
In other words, try not to charge all night, although Samsung seems to implement a shutdown after a full charge, but this is only for a while.
With a small discharge, the process turns on and at night there are a lot of such cycles and you won’t have to wait long for the result.
In order to extend the battery life, you need to regularly charge your phone and maintain an optimal battery level of 20-90%.
Power banks. to save a weak battery
People who are experiencing the problem of quickly draining the battery on their smartphone and do not want to adhere to the above restrictions can use a modern power bank.
Thanks to such a gadget, you can significantly extend the battery life, as well as become independent from external power for a long time.
On a full day train ride or other trip, you can turn on the equipment without worrying about the availability of power outlets.
The only thing you need to remember is to charge the power bank first, and when choosing, pay attention to its potential. I also recommend watching the video below. Success.
Disable unnecessary services
Setting up the energy saving scheme
Many owners do not get their hands on such “trifles”, but in vain. Spending 20-30 minutes once, you can “stretch” the battery without any side effects. In the picture below, the maximum processor speed is limited (“CPU power saving”), a special display mode is enabled (“Screen power saving”), and the system of improved tactile communication (“Turn off haptic feedback”) is deactivated. As a result, your Galaxy will not turn into a long-liver, but you will be able to get a certain increase in battery autonomy.
We clean the RAM
Imagine a situation: you launched a 3D toy on the subway, and when you reached the desired station, you turned off the screen and put your smartphone in your bag. In theory, background processes should not have any significant effect on autonomy, but in real life this is not entirely the case. Therefore, make it a rule to delete unnecessary programs from RAM. The above applies not only to games, but also to GPS mapping services, music players and e-book readers.
How to deal with fast discharge of Samsung Galaxy smartphones?
Nothing is perfect in the world that surrounds us. And this statement is directly related to the field of mobile technologies, and the market leaders steadily step on the same rake with enviable consistency, completely refusing to learn from their own mistakes. Therefore, the situation when a technically perfect flagship turns off from exhaustion in 3-4 hours has become a sad norm. Take, for example, the commercially successful Galaxy line. the flagship models of the South Korean corporation Samsung. The same S6 / S6 edge, with its peak hardware characteristics, can boast of a more than modest 2550 (2600 mAh) battery, which is critically small with such a powerful filling. What if your pet can’t live to the end of the working day? Is there any way to “extend the life” of Galaxy smartphones from a single charge? Let’s figure it out.
Built-in Android capabilities
Android OS cares about customers, but in a rather peculiar way. Therefore, in the autoload of most smartphones, by default, there are many services, the usefulness of which for users is questionable. So, what can you disable without any fear?
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and background sync are major energy consumers
Analysis with Wakelock Detector
This awesome utility works in tandem with the system’s Battery Stats API to find out which background processes are putting the most strain on your Samsung Galaxy’s battery. The interface is intuitive, and numerous graphs for each application will quickly bring the problematic program to clean water. And if you activate advanced mode, you can easily manipulate system processes.
This program does the same thing as Android OS. Only much more convenient
Adjusting the display parameters
A stunning 5.1-inch Super-AMOLED screen with a resolution of 2560×1440 (Samsung Galaxy S6) pixels is great, but not if you have to pay for such luxuries with autonomy. Unfortunately, in some models of smartphones belonging to the Galaxy line, the automatic brightness adjustment does not always work correctly, giving an excessively bright picture. Therefore, you can count on 30-60 “additional” minutes if you underestimate this parameter to the minimum values acceptable for you.
The phone won’t charge
If the battery does not charge or charges too slowly, turn off your phone. Look at the phone’s charging port. Remove dust or dirt, if any. Also check if there is any corrosion; if so, the problem may be hardware related, but try the rest of the steps.
Be aware that some third party chargers are ineffective and easily damaged. It is best to use original charger and cable.
It is important to determine if the problem is with the charger, cable, or phone. Use a different unit and then a different cable to check if the problem goes away. Also try to charge your phone via the USB of your computer.
If all else fails, try using the Galaxy’s wireless charging feature. Your charging port may be damaged.
If your phone doesn’t notify you of missed calls, first make sure the problem isn’t with the third-party app you’re using. Follow the safe mode steps listed above to check. Otherwise, go to Settings and click Notifications Contacts Missed Call. Click “Importance” and select “Urgent”. You can also change the tone for the sound notification if you like.
General Troubleshooting Tips on Samsung Galaxy
These are some basic troubleshooting steps that can happen with your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S9. The rest of this guide is specific, but it’s worth trying these tips as well to see if the issue gets resolved.
If your phone is in safe mode, uninstall recently installed and updated apps until the problem is fixed.
Go to “Settings” and select “General management” “Reset” “Restore factory settings” “Reset”.
The battery runs out quickly
Check if a specific app is causing this by going to Settings and selecting Device Maintenance Battery. The Application Power Monitor screen will show you how much power your applications are using in hours. It is best to check this after using the phone for a long time to get a complete picture of the battery usage. To optimize a specific app, tap it, then tap Energy Saver.
If your battery is draining at an incredible rate, or even turns off your phone when it drops to about 20%, the problem could be hardware, try doing a full factory reset, if that doesn’t work, you will need to have your device repaired.
How to Deal with the Most Common Issues on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S8
Sure, Samsung Galaxy phones are great, but they’re not perfect. In this article, we’ll show you how to troubleshoot specific issues on your Galaxy S9 and S8, and walk you through some general troubleshooting steps.
If your phone won’t charge, can’t connect to power, or your battery runs out of power quickly, there are ways to make your device perform better.
Camera cannot focus
Galaxy phones have great cameras. Unfortunately, there is a hardware defect in the S8 and S9, so the rear camera sometimes fails to focus. To fix the problem, open the camera app and shake your phone. As soon as you do this, the camera will start focusing.
The phone does not turn off
The usual way to turn off your phone. hold the power button and tap Power off. If your phone won’t turn off, there might be a software problem or a damaged power button.
Try a forced restart first. To do this, press the power button and the volume down button for 10 seconds. This button combination is also a shortcut for Android screensavers, so don’t be alarmed when this happens. just press and hold the buttons. Your phone should restart and you will see if the problem is resolved.
If nothing happens, go to Settings and select General Management Reset Autostart. Drag the “On” slider and change the “Time” and “Day” options to something close and wait for the phone to restart.
If none of the methods work, the power button may be faulty, so it is better to take the smartphone to the service.
Samsung Galaxy sits down quickly because of the battery: what to do?
The first thing that comes to mind if your Samsung Galaxy battery runs out quickly is to change the battery. However, it is worth doing this only in the following cases:
- the battery is swollen, deformed,
- microcracks appeared;
- more than three years have passed since the start of battery operation;
- the battery is new, but was purchased in an unreliable place or from hands;
- the battery was damaged.
If no mechanical deformations are noticed, then you can measure the real capacity of the battery and if the figure turns out to be close to the declared one, then everything is fine with the battery. In all other cases, if the Galaxy is not so heavily exploited, but still discharges, you can try the following:
- reset all phone settings;
- discharge it to zero;
- fully charge (at least 8 hours), excluding;
- after fully charging, disconnect from the mains; remove the battery;
- after a few minutes, insert the battery back; turn on the phone
This manipulation is called charge calibration. With a good, serviceable battery, they are able to return it to the ability to keep charging for several days.
Important! You can help an old, but still quite usable battery to live for some more by reducing the load on it (more on this), as well as using various energy-saving options. They are usually found in the settings of the smartphone and act in the same way. they limit the animation, the clock speed of the CPU, and disable secondary functions. Power saving mode on an Android smartphone will give on average 1-2 additional hours of battery life.
Samsung Galaxy does not keep charging. causes and remedies
The latest Samsung Galaxy models are not just a phone, but also a means of accessing the Internet, a player, a video player, a game console, the ability to read books. It has a lot of functions, someone uses only the most basic, for others it is a real means of communication with the outside world in every sense. Therefore, there is nothing surprising in the fact that the battery of such a device is discharged much faster than that of an old black-and-white mobile phone. However, if the discharge occurs too quickly, this is a reason to suspect that something is wrong here.
In today’s article, we will talk to you about why the Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 and S10 does not hold charging (charges slowly) and discharges quickly, consider the main causes and remedies.
Why Samsung Galaxy began to run out of battery quickly, the main reasons
There are a lot of reasons why Samsung Galaxy began to discharge quickly. They can be divided into two parts: malfunction of the battery and malfunction of the hardware of the smartphone.
The latest Galaxy models use rechargeable lithium batteries and are rated for approximately 500 full discharge and recharge cycles. This value is the same for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone.
Having exhausted its resource, the battery begins to hold a charge worse. Depending on the intensity of use, this period varies from one to three years. Adverse conditions of use such as:
- full discharge (deep discharge);
- frequent charging not to the end, a little bit;
- overheating or a sharp change in temperature, hypothermia is even more destructive;
- use of “non-native” charging; blows, damage.
If the charge runs out quickly on a new phone, then the equipment settings, the intensity of use or marriage may be to blame.
SETUP REPAIR AND USE Samsung TECHNOLOGY
Samsung is one of the leaders in the sale of household appliances and mobile devices in Russia. Over the past year alone, more than 1,000,000 units of various products from the Korean giant have been sold. Our site will help users in choosing, using and setting up Samsung equipment.
Choose your Samsung device following our tips and tests
Communicate, ask questions, get high-quality tech. support from site experts
Determining the reason why Samsung Galaxy began to discharge quickly
To determine why a Samsung Galaxy is running low on battery power, you first need to ask yourself how often you use the device. If you spend the day and night there, using all the functions at the same time, then this is hardly surprising. However, if the device is used only for calls and, for example, to check mail, a quick discharge should raise suspicions. In general, what is meant by a fast discharge?
If by the end of the day, during which the device has been repeatedly used for making calls, and for accessing the Internet, and for listening to music, half or less of the full scale remains, then this is normal. With less intensive use, you will need to charge even less often. once every few days.
If more than three years have passed since the acquisition of the battery, then 100% is the reason for it.
The appearance of the battery can also be indicated by its appearance. swelling, deformation and cracks. this is a signal that such a battery must be replaced immediately.
If you are sure that the battery has nothing to do with it, then you need to carefully study the settings of your equipment. There are many nuances that can “gobble up” the charge in a matter of hours.
Important! If the battery is swollen and deformed, but you still continue to use it, be prepared for the fact that you will soon have to change the entire phone. The fact is that electrolyte can pour out of such a battery at any time. It will flood the phone’s microcircuits, as a result the device will fail. It’s better to change the battery on time than to pay several times more for a new phone later.
What to do if your Samsung Galaxy runs out quickly with a good battery?
If the Samsung Galaxy battery is fully functional, but the phone still does not hold a charge, you should look into its settings. Here are the main enemies of charging:
- Display brightness. The brighter it works, the more energy it spends. For comfortable work, half or a little more of the maximum indicator is usually sufficient. The brightness can be adjusted independently when you are in various conditions (outdoors, indoors, during the day or at night), or you can set automatic adjustment. True, in this case, additional energy will be spent on determining the illumination. On some models, you can reduce battery consumption by setting the wallpaper and display to dark colors. The main thing is not to forget about the comfort for the eyes.
- NFC. This module provides high-frequency wireless communication over short distances. In the active state, it will constantly search for a nearby device with which it can exchange data. This may be necessary, for example, for contactless cards. In most cases, this module is not needed at all. You can safely turn it off.
- Standby mode. It is also worth correcting downward the time before the phone goes into standby mode. when the display goes out completely. If this period is too long, then the charge is also consumed in the extra seconds.
- The Internet. Many owners leave their mobile Internet (H, 3G, 4G, LTE) turned on on their phone or Wi-Fi even when they are not using it. And they do not even suspect that at this time the apparatus is consuming energy. Therefore, the exchange of data should be turned on only when it is supposed to go online.
- GPS. In most cases, the owner of the phone does not need to track his location by satellite at all. And the GPS or GLONASS module, nevertheless, for some reason remains turned on. Needless to say, battery power is wasted at this time.?
NFC. This module provides high-frequency wireless communication over short distances. In the active state, it will constantly search for a nearby device with which it can exchange data. This may be needed, for example, for contactless cards. In most cases, this module is not needed at all. You can safely turn it off.
Also worthy of Honor, which does not contribute to energy saving animated wallpapers, smooth transitions, 3D effects and similar, at first glance, trifles. To optimize the performance of your smartphone and reduce battery consumption, you need to carefully study the settings, and also disable and delete everything that you do not use, and everything that you can completely do without. Careful attention to your mobile device and its regular “technical inspection”. both external (including the battery) and in terms of settings. is the best way to extend the life of both the entire device and its individual components. And of course. not to be left without a means of communication at the most inopportune moment.
How to Maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy (Helpful Tips)
Despite the fact that manufacturers are constantly working to increase the battery life of their gadgets, we are still faced with a situation when the smartphone is completely discharged by the evening. There are many ways to increase the battery life of your Samsung Galaxy. Most smartphone owners have learned to turn off Wi-Fi and GPS when not in use. Therefore, here are all the known ways to increase battery life on Samsung Galaxy.
- Turn on power saving mode
- Disable sync
- Disable push notifications
- Disable voice recognition
- Ditch updatable widgets
- Disable Wi-Fi in sleep mode
- Optimize your geolocation settings
- Use dark themes on devices with AMOLED displays
- Disable animations
- Install Greenify
- Remove client
reset phone settings
Considering that the phone can still get warm even in safe mode, or if your phone does get warm even if it is not charging, restart it immediately to see if the problem is caused by conflicts in the system or some features.
However, if possible, back up your files and data and then do a factory reset to avoid locking your device after a reset.
unplug the charger and unhook it from the phone
If you are charging your device and notice that it is heating up like never before, stop charging. We don’t know yet what the problem is: the phone, battery or charger, but for your safety, stop charging your phone.
After unplugging your phone from the charger, keep monitoring the temperature of your phone to know if it continues to heat up even if it doesn’t charge anymore.
Why does the Samsung Galaxy get warm and the battery runs out quickly? (Telephone)
What should I do when my Samsung phone gets hot and runs out of battery quickly? What is the reason for the abnormal heating of an Android phone?
If your Samsung Galaxy phone gets warm after a few hours of use or when charging, this is normal. However, if it heats up to such an extent that it becomes impossible to hold it, then this is no longer normal. You have to do something about it. It is necessary to find out if the problem is the operating system or technical, then the specialist should take a look at the device.
In this post, I will tell you a couple of things that you should do if you notice that your phone is heating abnormally or even overheating.
This issue should not be underestimated as you may have heard how the Galaxy Note 7 rocked the Android community and kept them on their toes for months after reports of fires caused by a faulty device battery. So, for the safety of the readers, I offer some practical troubleshooting steps if the phone starts to get warm.
run the phone app in safe mode and put it on charge
Now let’s try to check if Samsung can still charge without getting hot when all third-party apps are temporarily disabled. Start your phone in safe mode this time and then plug in the charger.
Charge your phone for 5 minutes and try to check if it is overheating. If the heat is within limits, then the problem could be caused by some applications running in the background. Try to check if you can do something with these apps. You may already have an understanding of which of your applications are causing the problem.
How to boot your phone in safe mode:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the power button.
- When Samsung appears on the screen, release the power button.
- Immediately after releasing the power key, press and hold the volume down key.
- Keep holding the Volume Down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe Mode will be displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume Down key when you see Safe Mode is on.
- Remove apps that are causing problems.
What to do if Samsung gets hot and runs out of power quickly?
The purpose of this troubleshooting guide is to understand if there really is a problem with your phone and to make sure that you, as the owner, are safe. Again, this issue should not be taken lightly, because more often than not, overheating is caused by a battery that may not be working properly.
20 Ways To Stop Galaxy S9 Battery Drain!
Cell phone batteries can explode, and I have personally encountered such a case. As the saying goes, here’s what you need to do.
turn off your phone
charging your phone when the power is off
On the other hand, if the temperature drops after disconnecting the charger, then it is possible that it only heats up when it is turned on during charging. You can now try charging it while it is off to see if it can recharge without getting hot.
If a lot of apps are running in the background, the phone may get warm and charging it in this state will also contribute slightly to the heat. So, after finding out that the phone charges normally when it is turned off, move on to the next step.
Why battery drains fast on Samsung Galaxy?
Close all unused applications. This can be done using the Recent Apps button to the left of the Home button. In additional available features optimize the automatic brightness of your device.
You can also take advantage of the additional battery optimization feature located in the settings. Go to the additional option and select “Optimize Battery Usage”. Here you can choose to optimize selected or all applications. Note the features that disable background and data sync when using this mode.
Disable unwanted features such as Bluetooth or location mode. Check and turn off location tracking. if it’s native and the map app uses it, the battery will drain faster and your phone will constantly look for a GPS signal, which will cause heating.
Better to keep it off when you are not using cards. Many other apps tend to use location tracking as well, so it’s best to turn it off to provide higher energy savings and reduce smartphone heat.
Long-term use of 4G and 3G data. When 3G or 4G data is continuously used by the smartphone, the CPU and GPU run continuously, causing heating.
Too many applications are running at the same time. sometimes too many applications are open on the smartphone, which can lead to heating due to unnecessary processes running in the background.
Check for app and software updates regularly. To do this, go to the Play store, find “My Apps” and select update all. To check for operating system updates, go to settings and find the “Phone” tab, and then. “System update”.
If all of the above methods failed to fix Samsung overheating, then the problem is not in the operating system, but in the components of the smartphone. It is necessary to contact the service center to inspect the device malfunctions.
What is considered too fast discharge of a Samsung Galaxy smartphone?
Perhaps you are used to old Nokia and are sure that the phone should keep a charge for a week or a whole month. Two in standby mode. A smartphone, even with a huge battery, discharges much faster and sits down even in standby mode due to the large number of active tasks launched in automatic mode.
Too fast discharge should be considered if the Samsung Galaxy phone is completely discharged after 2-6 hours of operation or in a day with a shutdown for a long time. Note. There are games and graphics applications that can really drain all the energy of a smartphone in 3-4 hours. For such situations, use an external rechargeable battery.
The power consumption of modern phones is quite serious. a powerful processor, a video card, support for large memory, video cameras, a screen with a colossal resolution, support for external sensors, networks, synchronization with various devices. If the phone runs out of power during a day of active work, this is normal. In standby mode, Smart continues to actively consume energy and search for networks.
The main reasons why the battery runs out quickly:
- Incorrect setting of phone modes, a large number of power-consuming applications, gestures, maximum brightness settings. Solved by optimizing tasks and reducing energy consumption.
- Incorrect firmware version, which leads to excessive power consumption, improper operation of devices, and may even harm hardware. The same applies to viruses and third-party resident programs that add their own energy-intensive processes, mining, data processing, and so on.
- Physical damage and deterioration of the battery. The battery will wear out after about 300.600 recharges. This is approximately 1-2 years of service. A worn out battery just needs to be replaced. It cannot be repaired and restored.
Damage to the battery is not uncommon when charging with incorrect, low-quality devices with current supply in a different mode and a different voltage. This explains the manufacturer’s constant reminders that you need to recharge your smartphone only through a native charger, adapted specifically to this type of device. On trains, the sockets for recharging are even equipped with special signs stating that if the phones are damaged due to improper supply of current, the railway is not responsible. To check the capacity of the battery, special equipment is used; this can be done in any, better than a branded, workshop.
Power saving mode
The new Samsung Galaxy has a power saving feature. You can use the function through the menu “battery settings”.
Optimizing processes to save power
The first step is to choose a dark or neutral screen theme with minimal or disabled animation. Theme animations, smooth scrolling, stylus animations, vibrations with each press consume a lot of energy. Remove unnecessary vibrations and animations.
Use all methods from the list at the same time, until you reach acceptable values.
The maximum screen brightness is required for operation in bright sunlight. Your smartphone needs to shine brighter than the sun to be comfortable. This is the only case where maximum brightness is really needed. In all other cases, reduce the brightness to medium values. Especially in the dark. A screen that is too bright can not only drain your battery but also irritate your eyes.
To change, go to the “screen settings” and move the slider to comfortable values.
Modern smartphones have monitors with incredible resolution, clarity and brightness. At the same time, the user himself is not always able to distinguish super high resolution from just good, medium or even low. This is especially true for games and 3D graphics. The user is physically unable to see the ultra-high detail of small details on a tiny handheld device. But the processor and graphics accelerator are working at full capacity, working out this unnecessary detail in most cases. Change the resolution on Samsung Galaxy from maximum to medium. you will not lose quality, but will almost double the battery life on a single charge. You can change it through the menu “Settings display display resolution”
Samsung Galaxy phone runs out of battery quickly. what to do
Modern smartphones have tremendous power. They consume a lot of electricity, it is difficult to count on long-term operation without recharging. Take with you reliable large-capacity power banks so that you will not be left unconnected when traveling or just for a walk.