Samsung Galaxy s7 edge won’t turn on
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32Gb does not see computer via USB
Smartphone owners regularly connect their mobile device to their PC. This is done in order to transfer files from one medium to another for further use. But sometimes users face the problem when the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32Gb phone does not see the computer. Why is this happening, and what needs to be done in such a situation?
Why Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32Gb does not see the computer
If a person connects a smartphone to a PC via a USB cable, but the computer does not respond in any way, then the user is faced with one of the following problems:
- cable malfunction;
- breakage of the USB socket on one of the devices;
- incorrect drivers for the smartphone are installed on the computer, or they are not at all;
- when connected, the “Charge only” option is selected;
- failure of the operating system of one of the devices.
Thus, all the identified problems can be divided into physical and software. To determine the exact reason why the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32Gb phone does not see the PC, you need to check the hardware and settings of both devices.
How to solve a problem
First you need to make sure that you are using a working cable for the connection. The easiest way is to charge your phone with the same cord. If the device is charging, then the problem is definitely not in the cable.
The second point that users often overlook is the wrong connection type. When a person connects a smartphone to a PC, a notification appears on the screen of the mobile device, offering to choose one of several types of pairing:
- charging only;
- media device and so on.
The default is “Charge Only”. With this connection, the Android smartphone simply receives energy from the computer. Check your pairing settings and select “Connect as Media” or “USB Drive”. Only in this case, the PC will see the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32Gb phone as a full-fledged storage medium.
If, when you connect a mobile device to a PC, nothing happens at all (the gadget does not even charge), you need to check the functionality of the USB interface on the computer. For example, you can insert a USB flash drive or connect a mouse.
Physical problems (cable or connector breakage) can only be solved by replacing components. And in a situation where you choose the correct type of connection (media device) and use serviceable accessories, faulty drivers become the cause of the error.
As a rule, they are installed automatically the first time you pair your smartphone and PC. The software is loaded only if there is an Internet connection. If you do not connect to the network, the drivers will not be loaded. Therefore, it is recommended to check Internet access.
You can check the operability of the drivers as follows:
- Open Device Manager (WinR and then enter devmgmt.msc).
- Find MTP device or phone name in the list.
- Double click with the left mouse button.
- Click “Update Driver”.
- Select “MTP USB Device”.
- Click “Next”.
- Wait until the drivers are reinstalled.
If the smartphone is not displayed in the device manager, it makes sense to enable developer mode on the Android gadget:
- Open phone settings.
- Go to the section “For Developers”.
- Activate function.
- Click “Default USB Configuration”.
- Select the “File Transfer” value.
When none of the suggested tips helps, the only way out is to reset your smartphone. This operation is performed if the owner of the device suspects that the pairing is missing due to the presence of viruses.
- Open settings.
- Go to the “Recovery and reset” section.
- Click “Reset settings”.
After the operation is completed, all files will be deleted from the mobile device. In order not to lose important information, it is recommended to create a backup beforehand.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge black screen/phone wont turn on
Alternative connection methods
If you can’t connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32Gb phone to a computer via USB, you can try alternative methods of transferring information from one device to another:
- using a microSD card;
- via WI-FI.
The first option does not need a detailed description, since in this case you just need to insert the memory card into the adapter and connect it to the PC through the appropriate connector. But this type of pairing will only allow you to transfer files to or from a USB flash drive.
To access the smartphone memory, you need to use a Wi-Fi connection. For this you need an additional program. For example, MyPhoneExplorer. It should be downloaded both on PC (from the official website) and on the phone (via Google Play).
Further connection is performed as follows:
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the MyPhoneExplorer application on the phone.
- Come up with a password to connect.
- Open the program on the PC.
- Press the “File” button and select the “Connect” item.
- Confirm pairing by entering the previously generated code.
This will allow the smartphone to connect to a PC without using a USB cable. MyPhoneExplorer on your computer displays a list of all available files. You can transfer information both from the phone and to it.
How not to face a problem in the future
So that the situation does not repeat itself in the future, and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32Gb phone always sees the computer, follow a few simple tips:
- Use only complete accessories for connection. Don’t buy cheap cables.
- On the phone, set the parameter “Media device” or “USB storage”.
- When pairing for the first time, do not forget to install the drivers and update them if necessary.
Compliance with only three rules will once and for all save you from problems when connecting your phone to a computer.
Samsung Galaxy S7 won’t turn on. what to do
Samsung Galaxy S7 is the flagship of 2016. According to experts, the phone will not lose its relevance in the next 3-5 years. powerful dust and moisture protection, a modern camera, the ability to work under water. however, many owners do not turn on the Samsung Galaxy S7 after just a few months of operation.
If the warranty period has already passed, and the phone suddenly turned into a “brick”. do not rush to despair. It is quite possible that the breakdown can be eliminated on its own, even without a visit to the SC. In our today’s article, we will tell you what to do if the Samsung Galaxy s7 does not turn on, how to avoid similar problems in the future, and provide general tips on how to use it.
Samsung 7 Age does not turn on after a fall
Definitely. a visit to the service center is required. You will not be able to work with hardware on your own, and the amount of repair depends on the consequences of the fall. if the touch screen burst, then get ready for a cost of several thousand rubles.
“Extending the life” of your smartphone, be more careful in the future. remember that modern technology “does not forgive” negligence!
Samsung Galaxy s7 does not turn on blue light is on
After switching on, the blue indicator lights up, the inscription “Samsung” appears on a black background, and then the boot process does not proceed? We recommend trying a hard reset.
If your Samsung Galaxy s7 turns off and does not turn on, hold down three keys simultaneously: Power, Volume Up and Menu. Hold them for a few seconds. a special menu should appear in which you need to select reboot.
In case hard reset with deleting all data from the phone did not help. Samsung s7 edge does not turn on and after that, we advise you to give the phone to a good service center.
Perhaps the firmware of the device will help. the price of such a repair is low, and the work is done, as a rule, 1-2 days after the call.
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge won’t turn on after charging
Among the main reasons why Samsung Galaxy s7 turned off and won’t turn on, two can be mentioned:
- The contact inside the phone has “moved away”;
- defective charger / charging controller.
To check if the charger is working, just try charging the phone with another charger. If your Samsung S7 does not turn on after that, you should change the battery. Of course, it is unlikely that he would have “worn out” for a year of operation. but the reason could have been banal overheating. Remember the stories about S7 explosions while charging? The reason for this is the constant overheating of the battery in some shipments of the flagship. It’s no surprise that the modern phone Samsung Galaxy c7 turned off and won’t turn on. Replacing the battery may well “revive” your phone. and the problem will disappear.
Solution No. 3. Fixed “Samsung Galaxy S7 / S8 / S9 / S10 won’t turn on” via ReiBoot in 1-Click
Other professional software to fix “Samsung Galaxy S8 / S9 won’t turn on” problem Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android Pro, ReiBoot. it is a well-known software to solve any Android phone problem without any problem.
If you are disappointed with the question “Samsung Galaxy S8 / S9 won’t turn on”, you should try ReiBoot. Just download a free ReiBoot trial for Android and follow the simple guide to fix it right now.
First, enable USB debugging function on Samsung S8 or Samsung S9, and then connect your phone to PC. Then launch ReiBoot and check “Restore Android System”.
Now you need to click “Restore Now” for ReiBoot to fix “Samsung Galaxy S8 / S9 won’t turn on” or other problems for you.
Please find below the screen; You must enter correct phone information and click Next to continue.
Please read the below tips carefully, ReiBoot will download the appropriate firmware for your Samsung S8 or S9 respectively. Just click on the Continue button.
See, “Samsung Galaxy S8 / S9 won’t turn on” recovery process is complete. Now you can restart your Samsung phone without any problem.
Solution # 4. dr.fone. System Repair (Android)
Professional recovery tool is the most effective way to fix Android system errors. Using dr.fone. System Restore (Android) allows you to fix firmware issues that easily interfere with your device. As long as the error is the result of Android system crash, this tool will fix your Samsung in minutes.
- Fixes almost any Android system error
- Easy to use and shows on-screen instructions
- Recover Android Safely without Data Loss
- Compatible with all Android versions and thousands of devices
- Doesn’t require advanced technical skills
No matter what kind of Samsung smartphone you have and what version of Android you have, dr.fone. Repair is the best tool to fix any software errors.
What if none of these solutions work?
So, when you factory reset your smartphone and realize that it still won’t turn on, you’re wondering what’s next? We have applied all the effective solutions for the error you can try from home. The problem may be related to a hardware issue.
If that’s why, then there are a few things to consider:
- How new is the Samsung Galaxy S7?
- You have a used smartphone?
- You recently bought a device?
If you just bought it and took it out of the box, you may have received a faulty unit. On the other hand, if it’s second-hand or you’ve had it for a while, general wear and tear may explain why it won’t turn on.
How to fix Samsung Galaxy S7 won’t turn on with ease
There is nothing worse than wanting to use your smartphone only to face a problem that prevents you from doing so. All smartphones are prone to bugs from time to time (some more than others) and fixing those bugs can be a challenge. Software glitches and faulty hardware can be to blame, but fixing the problem usually does not require urgent attention. This article will focus on the Samsung Galaxy S7 won’t turn on ”Problem that S7 users may face.
It’s safe to assume that there are hundreds of reasons a device won’t turn on. To mention a few: hardware damage, flawed firmware, and a fried motherboard from overheating. Aside from the reasons why you can’t turn on your Samsung Galaxy S7, what to do to fix it?
PS: Here you will learn how to Download YouTube Music to Galaxy S7 Edge, how to recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy S7 and also how to sync Gmail contacts to Galaxy S7 effortlessly.
Solution # 7. Factory reset your Android
We only recommend doing this if absolutely nothing helped. Restoring to factory settings will completely wipe out the firmware installation and then reinstall the fresh copy. this is useful if the error is caused by serious firmware errors that prevent it from loading. However, all of your personal data will be deleted. Any photos, videos, documents, texts and any other personal information will disappear.
Hopefully you make regular backups as this makes this a more viable solution. over, since you cannot turn on your device, it will not be easy for you to retrieve your personal data. That said, if you have no choice, here’s how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Step # 1.begin by letting your Galaxy S7 complete the Android System Recovery menu entry.
Note. Follow step # 1-3 in solution if you are not sure you can restore your Android system.
- Step # 2. Using the volume keys on the side of your smartphone, highlight the “Wipe data / factory reset” option and press the power button to select it.
Note: since you will not be able to check the battery life, connect your smartphone so that it actively charges and does not discharge during a factory reset.
- Step # 4. After completing the factory reset, you can turn it back on and set it from default.
After that, you can restore the backup, if any. Since this is the final solution on the list, you no longer need to deal with Samsung Galaxy S7 won’t turn on.
Solution # 2. Try a forced restart to fix “Samsung Galaxy S7 won’t turn on
Attempting to force restart your Galaxy S7 might be helpful. Even though the solution seems to be random, users report that Samsung Galaxy S7 solution proved to be very helpful, but it won’t turn on.
If you don’t know how to force restart your device, here’s what you need to do.
- Step # 1. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Step number 2. Continue to hold the buttons for about 10-15 seconds.
- Step # 3. When the display starts to load, you can release the buttons.
Unlike a regular restart, a forced restart restarts absolutely everything. Thus, if you have a background process that causes your smartphone to not turn on, a forced restart will ignore that process and boot anyway.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S7 Won’t Turn On
Steps for using dr.fone. System repair
Thus, these are the features to expect when using dr.fone. System restore, but how can you fix it to prevent Samsung Galaxy S7 from turning on? Find out how by following these steps.
- Step # 5. Click “Start” and proceed to enter the required information about your device. Take time to confirm details, because entering incorrect information can damage the device.
- Step # 6. On the next screen, you will receive instructions on how to put the device into download mode.
- Step 7. After putting the smartphone into download mode, click “Next” and it will download the necessary firmware and use it to restore the broken device.
To reiterate what we said earlier: dr.fone. The repair fixes a very wide range of Android issues. This is not only about your device not turning on, and this is one of the reasons it is the best repair tool.
What you can do at home if your Samsung Galaxy won’t turn on
So, after making sure the phone hasn’t dropped or got wet lately, it’s time to consider other versions. There are not so many of them. without the help of a service center employee at home, you can check only three.
1. The charger does not work. Perhaps the smartphone has completely sat down, and due to faulty charging, you simply cannot charge it. So try using a different device or connect your phone to your computer using USB. If Samsung turns on, the problem was with the charger.
2. The charging socket is clogged. Few of the users think about the fact that the USB connector needs to be periodically cleaned of debris. The fact is that over time, dust, pellets, and lint collect in the charging socket. To remove the accumulated dirt, you need to turn the phone upside down and very carefully so as not to damage the contacts, clean it with a regular toothpick or tweezers. After the “procedure” put the phone on charge. If it doesn’t help, check the latest version.
3. Errors of the software part. To test this version, it is recommended to perform a factory reset of the Galaxy (hard reset). But since the phone does not turn on, you will not be able to do this through the usual menu (Settings → Accounts → Backup and reset → Factory data reset). There is another way. you need to enter Recovery Mode. To do this, follow the instructions:
- Simultaneously press and hold three keys: “Home” “Power” “Volume ⇧”. If your Galaxy does not have a Home button, press and hold only Power Volume ⇧.
- After the inscription with the phone model appears on the display, release the “Power” button, while holding the remaining keys (for about 5-15 seconds) until the Android Recovery menu is displayed on the screen. If the menu still does not appear, repeat the previous steps again, but hold down the keys a little longer.
- When the menu is highlighted, use the “Volume” key to select “Wipe data / factory reset” and confirm the selection with the “Power” key.
- In order to select “Yes” (on some devices “Yes. Delete all user data”) press the “Volume” key, and then confirm your choice by pressing the “Power” button.
- After all data has been deleted, the main menu is displayed. In order for the phone to reboot, in it, using the “Power” key, you need to select “Reboot system now”.
If you reset the Samsung Galaxy to the factory settings, but the smartphone does not turn on, there is only one way out. contact the specialists for help.!
Prompt repair of Samsung Galaxy at the “X-Repair” service center
If a full reset of Samsung Galaxy settings and other tips did not help, bring your phone to the X-Repair SC. Our masters will diagnose it for free and quickly figure out why the smartphone does not turn on. For this we have everything you need. equipment, tools and knowledge. We are waiting at the branches of our network, which you will find near the stations of the Moscow metro.
What to do if Samsung Galaxy won’t turn on?
Everyone is used to the fact that the phone is always at hand. with it we always stay in touch and up to date. And at that moment, when it unexpectedly, for some unknown reason, does not turn on, a real catastrophe ensues. With today’s rhythm of life, even more so, being left without the Internet and communication, even for a couple of hours, is like being left without hands! If such a nuisance has not spared your Samsung Galaxy, the first thing to do is to try to remember under what circumstances it stopped working. If on the eve he seriously fell, got wet or overheated on the car’s torpedo, then one cannot do without the advice of a specialist and professional diagnostics. However, the problem is not always in the hardware of the smartphone. Sometimes you can try to cope on your own. With this we will just try to figure it out today.
You may also be interested in:
If, for any reason, you need to disassemble your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, use the video tutorial from.
Samsung Galaxy A5 screen replacement (front glass is broken) 4000 Frequent breakdowns Samsung Galaxy A5 does not turn on.
Samsung Galaxy A3 screen replacement (front glass is broken) 4000 Frequent breakdowns Samsung Galaxy A3 does not turn on.
Samsung Galaxy S6 screen replacement (front glass is broken) 7000 Frequent breakdowns of Samsung Galaxy S6 do not.