Samsung Connect To Computer
How to connect a computer to a TV
There are two options for connecting your computer to your TV:
1. Image Duplication. The TV will display the same image as the monitor. The easiest way.
2. Viewing photos and. Only the photo and that is stored on the computer will be played on the TV. Quite a complex method, requires knowledge in the field of network configuration and file sharing.
Duplicating the monitor image
This article describes only the most common connection methods. If they do not suit you or you are having difficulty connecting, it is better to contact a specialist. For advice on Samsung technology, you can contact support.
The simplest and most modern way, high quality sound is also transmitted.
Both computer and TV must have HDMI connectors.
Requires HDMI cable for connection.
The cable is inserted into the TV and computer connectors.
Some laptops and computers use a Micro HDMI connector.
To connect such a computer or laptop to a TV, either a Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter is required
Or Micro HDMI cable. HDMI
After connecting the cable on the TV, you need to select the HDMI source (on Samsung TV, use the “Source” button on the remote).
By default, the screen will be duplicated. If you want the picture to be different on the monitor and TV, adjust this setting in the operating system.
Method for old technology that does not have an HDMI connector. Only medium or low quality is transmitted to the TV. When connected this way, you may have to turn off your monitor (if your computer has only one VGA connector).
Both your computer and TV must have VGA connectors. Usually the connector is blue, but it can also be black.
VGA cable required for connection.
The cable is inserted into the TV and computer connectors.
Some TVs do not have a VGA connector. In this case, a VGA adapter is required. RCA (tulips). Such adapters come in different configurations and qualities, their cost is 500. 1500 rubles. Be sure to check the functionality of the adapter before purchasing.
One end of the VGA cable connects to the computer, the other to the adapter. The TV is connected to the adapter using tulips, male connector. If the adapter has “mother” connectors, then tulips “dad-dad” are also required.
After connecting on the TV, you need to select the AV source (on Samsung TV, use the Source button).
View and Photos
The method is suitable for TVs with DLNA technology. These are usually Smart TVs with internet connectivity. To find out if your TV is DLNA capable, check the specs or support.
To connect you need:
A computer connected to the router via Wi-Fi or cable
TV connected to the router via Wi-Fi or cable
It is better to connect devices to the router via a cable, over Wi-Fi “heavy” ones will be played in jerks.
PC software for creating DLNA server.
There are a lot of such programs, there are free and paid ones, Russified and English. The choice of the program is yours.
Some popular options on the Internet:
Unfortunately, it is impossible to describe in detail the connection algorithm, because there are more than 2 thousand different models of TVs alone. The general connection algorithm is as follows:
1. Connect your computer and TV to the router.
2. Open the ability to share your computer and share the folders with the files you want. An example of how to do this on Windows 10.
2. Install the program for creating DNLA server on your computer.
3. In the program, select the folders on the computer from where the photo will be played.
4. In the program, select the desired file and find the item “Play to. “Or similar in meaning. Next select your TV.
In some programs, such an item may not exist. In this case, you need to select your DLNA server as the source on the TV. On Samsung TVs, this is done by pressing the Source button on the remote. Next, find the item “Directories of media resources” and select the files to view.
Damaged cable or USB port
Carefully check the integrity of the cable and its adapters. Poor cables can fray over time, and ports on devices can become clogged or broken. To check this, use a different wire or other device. By alternately connecting the device and the wire, you can determine what exactly broke.
How to connect a tablet to a PC via Kies Air over Wi-Fi
To get started with the program, download it from the official website (the utility is completely free) and install it on your PC. During installation, the program will ask you to specify the language of use and the country in which it will be used. Next, you need to launch the Galaxy Tab and press the menu button. In this tab, look for “Settings”, then. “Wireless and network settings”. Here we need the USB Settings tab. We are looking for the name of the program “Samsung Kies”.
Before connecting, make sure there is no USB cable connected to your device. If the cable is not disconnected, when trying to connect wirelessly, the system will display a message about the inability to connect in the idle screen mode.
Now we connect the USB. The program will immediately see the device. The connection icon will be displayed on both devices.
Now you can select the type of files you want to open or copy and use the utility as a file explorer.
If you do not have the drivers installed at all (for example, after reinstalling the operating system), you will need to download them and activate them. Otherwise, the tablet will simply charge, without the ability to share files.
Connecting with a USB cable
You will need to download the Galaxy Tab utility to connect successfully. Next, you need to open the menu and find the section “Settings” in it. Here we are looking for the item “Wireless and network settings”. Select “USB Settings”, then the line “Mass Storage”.
After all these manipulations, connect the tablet to the PC. To fully display files and tablet applications on your computer, you need a proprietary Kies application. It also helps transfer files to PC.
How to connect a Samsung tablet to a computer
How to connect Samsung tablet to computer? The question may arise at the moment when you decide to transfer data from a portable device to a stationary device, charge the tablet or use any software systems that require connection to your PC. Our material will help you connect to a computer or laptop in several ways.
Why does my phone not connect via USB
If your PC does not see the connected device, the problem may lie not only in it, but also in the cable itself and in the PC.
How to Connect Samsung Phone to Computer via USB?
Quite often there is a need to connect your smartphone to a computer. For what? At least in order to transfer images from a smartphone to computer memory. Well, someone charges sensor devices in this way. Conveniently, you know. In short, the need exists. Another question is how to connect a smartphone to a computer. In this article, we will show an example based on a Samsung device.
We need a cable (MicroUSB or USB Type-C. It doesn’t matter), the smartphone itself and a computer or laptop.
We connect one side to the smartphone.
The other side is to the USB port.
Actually, the connection can be called successful. The smartphone started charging, which means everything is in order (in some cases, the gadget may not charge, but this is not a reason to panic).
If you’re only using the USB cable and computer to charge your touch device, you can stop there. But if you need to transfer some data from a computer to a smartphone or vice versa, you need to do a few more steps.
When you connect Samsung to computer, the following message appears on the smartphone screen (after unlocking the screen):
The system asks you whether to allow access to data on the phone. For charging, you can click “Deny”, but to transfer data, you must click “Allow”. What happens if this is not done? We open “My Computer” and see our smartphone. Click on it twice with the left mouse button.
But we don’t see anything, because we have denied access to the smartphone’s file system. If you grant permission, the file system will be available for viewing and working with it. Feel the difference.
Please note that the example above reflects both the internal memory of the smartphone and the external memory card.
Now you can work with files and, for example, transfer them.
If the sign with the choice of connection does not appear, the computer does not see the file system of your smartphone, there is a possibility that the default USB configuration uses only device charging. This option is relevant if the developer mode is enabled and someone has managed to “dig” in it. The solution is this. Go to developer mode (what is it. In this article), then find the item “Default USB configuration”.
Specify “File Transfer”.
Now, when connecting a smartphone to a PC or laptop, the choice of access to data on the smartphone should appear.
How to connect Galaxy Buds to Android devices
Thankfully, the Galaxy Buds work with other Android devices as well, although the pairing process may differ depending on the model. For example, on Google Pixel smartphones, you will need to enter the notification and shortcut menu (by swiping down from the top of the screen). Here you will need to hold down the button on the Bluetooth button. You will see a list of devices in which you should select Galaxy Buds and pair them. It is also possible to pair from the general settings menu.
Setting up headphones using the Samsung Wear app
Once the earbuds have been connected, your phone’s Samsung Wear app acts as a “control center”. Here you can check the battery life of the Galaxy Buds and use the Find My Earbuds feature. You can also control equalizer, notifications, touchpad and other options.
How to connect Galaxy Buds to Samsung smartphone
Pairing Galaxy Buds with a Samsung Galaxy device is a relatively quick and easy process. All you have to do is turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and open the protective case. Your device will automatically detect them, and a pop-up message on the smartphone screen will let you plug in the headphones immediately.
If this suddenly did not happen, then go to the settings menu, find the “Bluetooth” item there and find the headphones in the list of devices, then create a pair.
How to connect Galaxy Buds to iOS devices
If you want to disconnect Galaxy Buds from iOS devices, then open the menu “Settings”. “Bluetooth” and find the headphones in the list. Click on them to pair.
How to connect Galaxy Buds to Windows 10 devices
You can pair the Galaxy Buds with a Windows 10 PC. First open the Start menu and search for “Bluetooth” in the search bar. After entering the settings of the wireless interface, go to the list of available devices, where you already can select Galaxy Buds.
How to pair Galaxy Buds with any of your gadgets
To date, almost all manufacturers of headphones for mobile phones have presented their versions of the “killer” AirPods. However, one of the most successful (or at least the most famous) is Galaxy Buds from the South Korean company Samsung. At the same time, these small “ears” can work perfectly not only with “native” devices from the Galaxy series, but with any other gadgets. And today we’ll show you how to pair Galaxy Buds with any of your devices.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the most popular device pairing options. It makes no sense to disassemble each specific model of smartphones running Android, however, the general principles of connecting to gadgets running OS from Google will still be affected. And one more important point: if you plan to use Galaxy Buds with multiple devices, remember to disconnect them from one gadget before trying to connect them to another.
Android safe mode, developer mode motherboard drivers and other nuances
Among other things, if the issue under consideration occurs, please note the following points:
- Enable developer mode on Android, and then enable USB debugging in developer options and, separately, find the default USB configuration item in developer settings and set the “File transfer” mode. May be helpful here: How to enable USB debugging on Android.
- If you used the USB modem mode on your phone, in the settings (usually in the “Connections” section or “Network and Internet”. “Access point and modem”), turn off the “USB modem” option.
- If the phone is no longer visible after reinstalling or updating Windows, install the original drivers for the motherboard, chipset from the manufacturer’s website or from the laptop manufacturer’s website if you have a laptop.
- Try restarting your Android phone in Safe Mode. If after that it became visible when connected to a computer, then most likely the reason is in some third-party applications, most often related to protection, control and similar.
- Try using the built-in troubleshooting in Windows: go to Control Panel. Troubleshoot. Hardware and Sound. Device Settings (in recent versions of Windows 10, the item is missing).
- If possible, try connecting your phone to another computer. If it is also not visible there, again, the matter is most likely in the cable or connector. over, the connector on the phone may stop functioning for transferring files simply due to the ingress of dirt or water, followed by oxidation of the contacts.
- They can also help (or they can create problems with other USB drives, so take it only if you are ready for this) methods regarding cleaning the drivers from the instructions The computer does not see the USB flash drive.
If none of the options helps to solve the problem, and the computer still does not see your Android smartphone, describe the situation in the comments: what was done, after which the problem appeared, how does your device behave when connected via USB, has the cable been checked with another phone, and the problematic device is on another computer. I’ll try to help.
Checking the phone (MTP device) operation in device manager
- Open Device Manager on your Windows 10, 8.1, or Windows 7 computer while your phone is connected. To open Device Manager, you can press the WindowsR keys on your keyboard, type devmgmt.Msc, and press Enter. Windows is the OS logo key.
- See if there is a device in the device manager named MTP (MTP Device, MTP Device) or the name of your phone (may be in the section “Portable devices).
- If there is, double click on it, go to the Driver tab, click Update Driver. Search for drivers on this computer. Select from a list of available drivers on your computer and see the list. If it has more than one compatible device, try to select a different driver than the one currently installed, usually you need to select “USB MTP device”.
- If no new devices appear in the manager when disconnecting and connecting the phone via USB, this is another argument in favor of problems with the cable, connector on the phone or computer.
on this topic, if the device appears in the device manager with an exclamation mark, in a separate instruction Incorrect service installation section in this MTP INF file.
The computer does not see the phone via USB. Why and how to fix it
If you are faced with the fact that the phone does not connect via USB, that is, the computer does not see it for file transfer, but only charging occurs, while the connection sound is played, this manual provides details on how to fix this and enable the ability to view content phone memory when connected via USB cable.
The steps below are suitable for both latest and previous Android phones in case the smartphone is not visible after connecting via USB on a computer with Windows 10, 8.1, Windows 7 and XP or Mac OS.
- Why the computer does not see the phone via USB, only charging. Simple reasons
- Additional methods to fix if Android phone is not visible on computer
- Additional Information
How to fix if the computer does not see the phone connected via USB. Additional methods
If your phone does not connect via USB to a data-capable computer but only charges, try the following methods to fix the problem.
What to do if the computer does not see the Android phone connected via USB. Instructions. Why Android phone is not visible on a computer via USB and only charging occurs. Simple reasons and solutions
Before proceeding with additional methods for solving the problem when the phone is not visible through a USB connection, I recommend paying attention to the following simple points: very often the reason is one of the following:
- If you took a USB connection cable from a non-original cheap charging or bundled with another device (for example, to charge wireless headphones or another device that is not intended for receiving and transmitting data), then this may be the reason: not all cables can transmit data, there are no corresponding contacts, and outwardly it is not noticeable. The solution is a working cable with guaranteed data transfer capability.
- If you are faced with the fact that when you connect a smartphone to a computer, it is not visible, and recently the phone was repaired and something related to the board or connector was repaired, it is likely that the repair caused the problem: very often the connectors are soldered so that after only charging works properly. The solution is just to redo.
- If you have Mac OS, just install Android File Transfer app for data transfer capability, official website: https://www.Android.com/filetransfer/
- If you still have Windows XP, install the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) driver. https://www.Microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.Aspx?Id=19153
Additionally, keep in mind that connecting even with a working cable via a USB hub (USB port splitter) to a faulty USB connector on a computer or laptop, and sometimes to the front panel of a PC may cause the problem in question. Try a direct connection to USB, another connector, the back of the PC, if connected to a USB 3.0 connector (usually blue). Check if the problem persists when connecting to USB 2.0.
And the last simple point: after connecting the phone to the computer, in order for it to start displaying in the explorer with the ability to view photos and other files, you need:
- Unlock your phone when connected, if it’s locked. You won’t be able to access data on locked modern Android phones.
- In the notification area, click on the USB connection notification (by default, most phones are connected only for charging). If the notification does not appear, more precisely, it does not say that this is a USB connection, but only a text about charging, then from the “point of view” of the phone, the connection does not serve for data transfer (wrong cable, damaged cable, connector on the phone or computer). Below are screenshots with the appearance of the notification on pure Android 9 and 8, on Samsung Galaxy and on Android 6-7.
- Select MTP file transfer mode for USB connection. On older versions of Android, there may also be an item for connecting as USB Mass Storage, it will also work, and it may work even better.
If the listed methods did not help, let’s move on to more complex fixes.
We connect the printer to the computer
How to connect a printer to a computer
There are only two ways to connect the printer to the computer:
This method involves connecting the printer to a computer via Wi-Fi or USB. In this case, the connection is made using the driver supplied with the purchased printer. Also, the driver can be downloaded from the Internet. As a rule, connecting in this way eliminates any problems with the connected printer, in contrast to the second method.
With this method, the printer can be connected to the computer locally, and thanks to the provided public access, it also becomes possible to connect this printer to other computers on the local network or to the print server. It is very simple to make a network printer: just connect it to a computer or print server using Wi-Fi, USB or Lan and open access to all users of this network.
Connect a network printer using a computer
Sometimes, in order for two computers to work with the printer over the network at the same time, additional settings are required (if the “No access” error occurs during the network printer setup).
You can pay 30-50% less for light, depending on what kind of electrical appliances you use.
Method number 1
Initially, you should find out the name of the computer (to which the printer is connected). To do this, you need to right-click on the “My Computer” icon. In this menu, select the “Properties” mark and in it. A tab called “Computer name”. In Windows7 software, this tab will be the last in the list of “Properties”. You can also get to this menu in another way. By going to the control panel menu, find the “System” icon (“System Properties”).
Having learned the name of the computer we need, we can go to another computer. In it, click on the “START execute” button, or you can simply open one of the folders. Next, in the address line (folder address) that appears at the top, enter \\ computer name. Example: if the computer name is “printserver”, then “\\ printserver” must be entered into the line. After these manipulations, ENTER is pressed. Thus, we get to the remote computer and can see all the network resources available to it. This includes a printer that can be installed simply by clicking on it.
If the printer does not appear in the list of available network resources, then you need to open access for it. To do this, go to the computer to which the printer is connected. In it, we go to “START”, then select the “Printers” tab and in this window that appears, right-click on the printer that we need. In this menu window, select “Properties”, then find the tab “Access”. In this tab, you must put a checkmark opposite the “Open public access”. Thus, this printer will appear in the list of network resources.
Method number 2
You need to go to the control panel and select the “devices and printers” folder from the proposed menu. Then you should click “Add Printer” (or in other versions “Add Printer”). In the appeared window of the wizard for installing new devices, you need to click the “Next” button, then select “Connect to a printer” or “Browse printers on the network”, confirming the selection by clicking the “Next” button. A new window that appears will offer a list of devices on the network, where you will need to find the printer you need and confirm its selection by clicking the “Next” button. The process will be completed by the operating system without your further participation.
How to connect a printer using a network method
Often there are situations when the number of printers in the office or home is less than the number of computers on the network, and when printing documents, additional configuration of the printer is required so that it can print over the network.
An example of the most common situation. There is a printer to which one computer is connected, and printing is required from another over the network. In such cases, there are several options for connecting the printer to the second computer. The simplest ones are as follows:
There are times (if computers are on a network with different versions of Windows) when during installation you may need a driver for the printer. Such a driver can be taken from the disk that came with the printer, or downloaded from the Internet. From the manufacturer’s website for this printer.
If the printer is connected to the network directly using its own network interface or through a print server, then such a device is easier to connect using the setup wizard, which is usually supplied with the printer (MFP) in the form of a CD.
If it is not possible to use such a disk, then you should use another method. To do this, go to the “Add Printer Wizard” following the instructions of Method 2. Here you should select the checkbox “Local printer” and then. “Create a new port”. In this menu, select “Standard TCP / IP Port”. The “Add Printer Wizard” appears on the screen. In the “Printer name / IP address” field, enter the printer’s IP address, which is specified in the instructions and settings of the printer itself. Having completed all the steps correctly, the process can be completed with a few clicks of the “Next” button in the windows that appear.
Some printing devices need additional settings, which include TCP / IP port settings.