Running Android Application Optimization Does Not Turn On
In this article I will tell you what to do when on your Android phone or tablet it says “Application Optimization” and the process does not move on, that is goes on endlessly. This can be either “1 out of 1” or other numbers indicating the number of remaining / completed applications.
This article is suitable for all brands producing Android 10/9/8/7 phones: Samsung, HTC, Lenovo, LG, Sony, ZTE, Huawei, Meizu, Fly, Alcatel, Xiaomi, Nokia and others. We are not responsible for your actions.
Attention! You can ask your question to the specialist at the end of the article.
Endless Application Optimization
This application optimization procedure adapts your phone / tablet to changes in the firmware itself so that everything works correctly. Occurs in the following cases:
- after updating the firmware;
- after resetting to factory settings;
- after restoring the device from backup.
Many users encounter an error when, after each restart of the smartphone, this process starts. The problem is that optimization can last up to 30 minutes, wasting battery life and user time. Often, after the process is completed, the gadget turns off again and everything repeats in a circle.
Let’s look at ways to turn off endless optimization on Android.
The cause of the optimization problem for Android applications may be temporary files. The process of clearing the memory cache deletes temporary files, which solves the problem. Settings and personal files after clearing the cache memory will remain untouched.
The cache is being cleared through recovery mode. Each individual smartphone uses its own key combination to enter this mode. Let’s look at an example of a Moto X phone, an example of clearing the cache memory.
We perform the following steps:
- First you need to turn off the phone.
- Then we press and hold the “On” button and the “Volume down” button.
- After a few seconds, a menu will appear where you should select “Recovery”.
- Then the line “No team” will be demonstrated. Just click on the “On” button.
- In the menu that appears, select the “Wipe cache partition” section.
- When the process of cleaning the cache memory is completed, you need to restart the phone. To do this, select the “Reboot system now” command.
The gadget will automatically reboot, after which you can check whether the Android application optimization has disappeared or not. If the problem is still present, then you should reset to the factory settings.
This method is also able to solve the issue of endless application optimization on an Android device. The error can be removed in one of two ways. Resetting the settings can be done through the settings of the smartphone and Recovery.
We talked about this in more detail in the article How to reset the settings to factory defaults on Android
Resetting via the Android menu is a simpler method. If there is no result, then it is necessary to use more radical measures. With any method of resetting your settings, you need to save your personal information so that you won’t lose it when formatting the system.
- Go to the phone settings. To do this, lower the notification line using swipe and tap on the gear icon. These operations are carried out on the Android 7.1 operating system. For other versions of the system, the sequence of actions is similar. Click to enlarge
- Now we move down the menu until we find the necessary item. It is shown in the screenshot below. Click to enlarge
- Then just click on the “Reset Settings” section. Click to enlarge
- It is worth recalling once again that all information from the internal memory of the smartphone will be lost. If a backup has already been created, it is necessary to note the item shown in the screenshot below. Click to enlarge
- At the end, click the “Erase All” button.
Click to enlarge
Then the deletion of user data will begin, and the device will return to the factory state. We are waiting for the completion of the process and rebooting the smartphone.
Above, we looked at how to clear the cache using system recovery. There is a section for Hard Reset or Hard Reset. The screenshot below shows this menu item.
Click to enlarge
As with clearing the cache, select the “Wipe data / factory reset” item that we need and activate it. Then we wait for the device to reboot and start it. The device must be reconfigured the first time it is turned on.
If the optimization of Android applications is still happening, then you should contact the service center. Most likely, here is a more serious problem than a common mistake.