Reset of settings on Android to factory Xiaomi
How to reset the Xiaomi phone to factory settings
Resetting the phone to factory settings is a special procedure that is most often performed before the sale of the device or to eliminate the error that has occurred. During such an operation, all the data is deleted from the smartphone, including saved photos, videos, text documents and applications. Experienced users recommend that before starting the procedure to transfer all the important information to the SD-card or other forced. This will allow you to return the necessary data to the device if necessary.
In this article, we will tell in detail how to drop the Xiaomi phone to factory settings in various ways. We advise you to carefully familiarize yourself with each of the methods, and after moving to action.
Why is the reset of settings on Xiaomi to factory
The need to return the phone to factory installations arises in such cases:
- With a decrease in the speed of the OS.The smartphone begins to work incorrectly due to prolonged use, obsolescence of the firmware, the appearance of viruses. Hard reboot allows you to restore the operability of the phone by fully updating the software.
- When installing a new firmware or selling a smartphone.This gives the new owner the ability to download his own applications and data, protects the information of the previous user.
- When “hanging” the device at the boot stage.By dropping the settings using a special menu, the user returns the work to the gadget performance.
Xiaomi settings through advanced phone settings
If the phone operates relatively normal (does not hang every few minutes), then to perform the reset, we recommend using the standard functionality of the device:
- Close applications on the phone. Then sequentially open the sections “Settings” and “Expanded settings”.
- Alternately, follow the menu points “Restoration and Reset”, “Reset of settings” and select the “Reset Settings” option.
- Wait for the phone to complete the task. The reloading of the apparatus automatically carried out after some time will mean that the procedure for zeroing the settings is successfully completed.
Before activating the discharge, the system may request entering a digital or graphic password. In some cases, authorization in the MI account may be additionally required.
Important: on some versions of miui the path to the required option may differ. For example, on MIUI 12, you must initially go to the section “On the phone”, then find the “Reset of the Cetaches” and activate the option “Emerate all the data”.
Resetting of the Xiaomi Redmi 9A phone settings
For smartphones with Miui below 12 versions
At the bottom of the screen, select reset the settings.
Further, it may be necessary to enter a graphic key or password from the account.
For Miui 12
Open the phone settings. Select the settings reset. Select to erase all the data.
Strong reset of settings. Hard Reset phone Xiaomi Redmi 9a
Turn off your Xiaomi Redmi 9A phone to reset the settings.
Press and hold the volume button at the same time and the switching button of the Xiaomi Redmi 9a smartphone.
Release the buttons after the appearance of the logo on the screen. Wait for displaying the main menu on the smartphone screen.
Switching between menu items is carried out using the volume/decrease buttons buttons. The choice of the menu item is made by pressing the power button of the smartphone.
In the menu, select “Wipe Data” “Wipe All Data” “Confirm”. Wait for the end of the data recovery process. Then select “Back to Main Menu” “Reboot” “Reboot to System”. Wait for the end of downloading the phone (about one minute).
Resetting of the Xiaomi Redmi 7a phone settings
For phones with Miui below 12 versions
Then, at the bottom of the screen, click reset the settings.
Further, it may be necessary to enter a graphic key or password from the account.
For Miui 12
Open the phone settings. Next, select the settings reset. Click wipe all the data.
Hard Reset (hard to reset the settings) phone Xiaomi Redmi 7a
Turn off the Xiaomi Redmi 7a phone to discharge settings.
How to Reset All Settings on XIAOMI Mi 10T Pro – Hard Reset Via Settings
Press and hold the volume button at the same time and the switching button of the Xiaomi Redmi 7a smartphone.
Release the buttons after the logo appears on the phone screen. Wait for displaying the main menu on the phone screen.
Switching between menu items is carried out using the volume/decrease buttons buttons. The selection of the menu item is carried out by pressing the power button.
In the system menu, select “Wipe Data”. “Wipe All Data”- “confirm”. Wait for all the smartphone data is restored. Then select “Back to Main Menu” “Reboot” “Reboot to System”. Wait for the end of loading a smartphone (about one minute).
When it may take a complete discharge
Before the procedure, you need to make a backup copy of all information, pull out a microSD card, make sure of the knowledge of login and passwords from accounts and untie the Google account.
The last action is mandatory, since smartphones with Android 6.0 have a Factory Reset Protection protection. After reset, FRP blocks access to the device.
For disconnecting, authorization in the account is required. If the login and password are forgotten / unknown, then you can bypass the restriction using the ways that are in the public domain.
The bootloader lock is turned off or other modifications are not required.
Reset of settings through recovery
Perform the Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 4x and on any other models of mobile gadgets of the manufacturer can also be restored. To perform it, you need to take a few simple steps.
Phone reset to Mainmenu
Important! This method is suitable only for the device based on Qualcomm processor with an unlocked bootloader.
With this in mind, this method is not suitable for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 because of its processor, but with its use by Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 3, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Xiaomi Mi4, Xiaomi Mi5 and Xiaomi Redmi 4x can be done without any problems.
- Turn off the smartphone.
- Make a memory card and a SIM card to ensure the safety of personal data.
- Squeeze the power button until the moment the vibration appears, then the volume enlargement button is clamped for 10 seconds.
- When the Mi logo appears. The power button can be released, the volume increase continues to be held.
- On the screen it will be proposed to choose the language. At this time the “” button can be released, select the English volume control (or other familiar) and confirm the choice of “Power” button.
- You need to select the “Wipe and Reset” item using the volume keys to move along the menu and power to select.
Then several cleaning options will be proposed:
- Wipe Cache. Cleaning system cash files;
- Wipe user data. Cleaning all user data;
- Wipe All Data. Complete cleaning of the internal memory of the smartphone;
- Wipe SD Card. Cleaning Memory Card.
- Choosing the item “Wipe User Data”.
- We confirm the choice by pressing “Yes”.
- Having waited for the completion of the process, it remains only to restart the device, after which it will be ready for work.
Hard Reset on Xiaomi can be done in this way for most models, including Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro and Xiaomi Mi4, provided that they work on the basis of the Qualcomm chip.
Choosing full cleaning of all data
Attention! Often, when resetting the settings on Xiaomi in this way, the process stops for a while for about 98%. There is nothing wrong with this, you need to wait until the process ends 100%.
Ways to perform Hard Reset on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3 smartphone:
Through the settings of the phone
This method is suitable if the user knows the graphic key or password from the device. The procedure is as follows:
- Pull out the SIM and Microsd card from the slot.
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Go to the subsections “Accounts” and “Google”.
- Click “Delete the account”, confirming the action of the password input.
- Go to the subsection “Restoration and Reset”
- Click on the “reset of settings”.
- Agree to the removal of data and confirm the start of the operation input of the password from the Mi account (if added).
- Wait for the completion of the procedure. She takes 10 minutes.
Through the standard recovery
Hard Reset from the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 recovery is suitable if the graphic password is forgotten. The procedure is as follows:
If a Google account was added to the phone, then after the first load to access the device you will need to enter a login and password.
Through Mi Cloud
This method is suitable if the phone is lost, the Mi account is tied to it and mobile Internet is included. To make Hard Reset on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 remotely needed:
- Go on the website.
- Log in using the login and password from the Mi account.
- Go to “Find Device”.
- Click on a smartphone that appeared in the upper right corner.
- Click on the next page on the button with the image of the garbage tank.
- Click “Clean” (wipe).
Summing up, we can say that returning to the factory settings the smartphone “Xiaomi Redmi laptop 4” is a simple procedure lasting 5-10 minutes.
How to Factory Reset XIAOMI Redmi Note 9 Pro Max – Reset Settings by Recovery Mode
But if you do not first recall/restore the data from the Google account, then the device will turn into a “brick” due to protection against reset added to Android 6.0. FRP (Factory Reset Protect).