Reflash Acer Iconia A1 810 Tablet
Dachshund, today we’ll deal with nonsense, i.e. I wanted to say by installing Windows 8, 7, XP, 98, 95 on an Android tablet. Basically, such bad thoughts among users of Android tablets arise purely out of curiosity, but there are some individuals who seriously dream of putting a window OS on the tablet, and it is necessary for them not only that the entire functionality of the tablet works, and that this axis replaces, or complements main, with the ability to switch between them. Hmm, everyone’s crazy.
Until I have run far, I will ask you to slow down the horses so that you do not read this material in vain. For people with a functioning brain, I will help save a pack of time, and a whole bucket of nerves. You can install through the emulator. play, and return to Android, or replace Android with Windows forever. The most important thing that I want to say is that “forever” Windows is not installed on all Android devices, but only on those whose processor supports the launch of an OS such as windows. Typically, these are processors with the architecture of i386 (Windows 7, 8) or ARM (only Windows 8). You can find out which processor you have in the instructions by rummaging through pieces of paper in a box from under the tablet, or search for information on the manufacturer’s website. Here are a few names of devices that support the full installation of Windows:
- Odeon TPC-10
- Archos 9
- ViewSonic ViewPAD
- Iconia Tab W500
- 3Q Qoo
Define for yourself the goals that you pursue:
1. Just play around? We put the emulator, you can turn it off at any time and use the normal Android OS.
2. If you need Windows as a working axis. uh, did you want a thrill? Well, then you have to rewrite Windows on top of Android, after preserving everything important, because it is likely that you will turn your device into a bunch. just an inoperative bunch from the case and parts.
3. If you really need to have different OSs on the tablet, you should consider purchasing a special device, for example, the Ekoore Python S tablet. Three OSs are installed on it at once: Ubuntu, Windows, Android. They work separately from each other, between the OS you can freely switch. For an example, look at the ViewSonic ViewPad 10 device. there are 2 OS, Android and Windows.
4. If you really want a “caramel” interface, like on the seven, or tiled, like on the eight, but don’t want to follow all these hellishly complicated instructions for installing the emulator and running Windows on it, for God’s sake, download any launcher from Google Play, which just replace the standard shell (the appearance of the desktops) with Windows. By the way, for this it is not necessary to be the owner of a special processor.
About device power, OS speed, and system capabilities
Keep in mind that he is also in Africa (i.e. on a tablet). Therefore, to run, you need quite powerful devices. Almost everything you can do, run as many standard simple programs as WorPad and Paint, poyuzat interface Windows, opening and closing folders. Oh yes, I forgot that Windows is mostly installed on tablets in order to run games under Windows. Yes, I hasten to congratulate you, you will be able to launch the “Scarf” If you try hard, it will be possible through dances with tambourines to launch a couple of very old igrulin, which were back in the days of MS-DOS. If 512 MB of RAM and 1 GHz percent are enough to start / install Windows 95-98, then for XP this will not be enough. And if you want to put a seven or eight. you will need at least a dual-core, and preferably a quad-core device with two GB of RAM. Have not changed your mind? Okay, let’s move on. By the way, I do not recommend installing outdated Windows XP, even if you love it very much.
Running Windows on a tablet using emulators
The simplest and safest way, making it possible to use Windows-programs on Android-devices, is to install the appropriate software emulators. In this case, it does not mean making any significant changes to the preinstalled operating system, we are only talking about starting Windows on Android. There are several emulators that allow you to run the operating systems of the Windows 9x and Windows XP line in emulation mode. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. The following remains common: none of the emulators supports Internet connection and network protocols, but all of them allow you to run most of the usual programs (mostly standard), and play your favorite games (usually the simplest ones).
Let’s take a closer look at the most popular emulators:
This emulator allows you to run one of the operating systems of the Windows 9x line on Android.
Installation (all mentioned files are here):
- Download the SDLapp.apk file (about 1.4 Mb) on the Internet and install it on the device. This file is a QEMU emulator for Android.
- Download the SDL.zip archive (contains BIOS firmware, card drivers, and other devices). Unpack the downloaded archive into the sdcard root directory (using WinRar, WinZip or a similar program).
- Download the img image of the operating system (Windows 9x) or create it using Nero or a similar program (if you have a distribution kit).
- Copy the img file to the device in the SDL folder.
- Run the program.
Inexperienced users are advised to run Windows 95, starting the 98th on Android devices is fraught with some difficulties. In Windows 9x there is an on-screen keyboard, right or left mouse click is simulated by volume buttons. It is difficult to double-click, it is much easier to select the necessary and press the “Menu” key. The “Menu” key replaces pressing “Enter”, and the “Back” key. “Esc”. The cursor stops where it was dragged.
Testing shows that on Android Windows 95 runs much faster than other products in this line. Its speed corresponds to the performance of computers of that time, although many programs do not start with it.
All necessary programs must be placed in the disk image D, this can be done as follows:
- Download Qemu_HDD.rar (RAR archive containing zero disk images of different sizes).
- Download the program and install WinImage. Choose an image of the required size and use it to put the necessary files into it.
- Rename the image to D.img and copy to the device in the SDL folder.
- In sdl.conf, write the following line: /sdl.L.m 128.boot c.hda C.img.hdb D.img.usb.usbdevice tablet.
- Reboot the device, start Windows and start the program with D :.
- Clicks (tapes) do not work well.
- There is no support for network and Internet.
- Weak screen resolution.
- There is no sound.
- The time is not displayed correctly.
- Discontinued product support.
- The speed of operation is much higher than that of other emulators
It is considered the best emulator. Most of the shortcomings of QEMU are missing, there are no problems with the mouse, higher stability. In principle, it allows you to run Windows of any version, but its speed makes it meaningless to launch powerful operating systems. However, there are lightweight distributions, the use of which allows you to run Windows XP for an acceptable period of time.
- Download and install on the device Bochs2_5_1.apk (about 1.2 Mb) and the SDL_for_BOCHS.zip archive (contains BIOS firmware, card drivers, and other devices).
- Unzip the device to the SDL folder by creating it in the sdcard root directory in advance.
- Download the image (.img) of the operating system or create it using Nero or a similar program (if you have a distribution kit).
- Copy the img file to the device in the “SDL” folder.
- Run the program.
The mouse and all keys work similarly to the QEMU variant, with the difference that a double click clearly works.
Games and programs are launched in the manner described for QEMU. There is only one difference, instead of the sdl.conf file, you need to edit bochsrc.txt (located in the SDL folder), in which you need to find the line # ata0-slave: type = disk, path = “d.img and remove” # “.
There is a second, easier way to launch applications without creating an image. BOCHS supports access to the drive of Android devices. To enable this function, you must write the following line in bochsrc.txt: ata0-slave: type = disk, mode = vvfat, path = / sdcard / HDD, journal = vvfat.redolog, and create the HDD folder in the root sdcard directory.
- Works slowly.
- No network support.
- High stability.
- Improved mouse emulation.
- Sound card emulation supported.
- You can run almost all versions of Windows.
- Provides technical support for the program.
This emulator will be interesting to fans of old games under DOS. In addition to launching DOS, for which, in fact, it was created, it also allows launching Windows 9x.
- Download aDosBox_v0.2.5.apk (approximately 1.8 Mb) and install on the device.
- Download the config-adosbox.rar archive.
- Extract dosbox-0.74.conf from the archive and copy it to the /sdcard/appdata/org.hystudio.android.dosbox/.dosbox folder (this folder appears after installing the emulator).
- Download or create a Windows 9x image yourself, put the win98.img file in the sdcard root directory.
- Run the program.
- The system is better displayed on the screen, there is no black frame.
- A little better than QEMU, the mouse functions.
- Periodic spontaneous clicks when moving the mouse.
Install Windows on an Android tablet
Today there will be a theory. Since at the moment I have a tablet with the AllWinner A13 process (I just don’t need to laugh), I have no way to show the process clearly. I’ll just tell you what’s what, and you already decide whether to do it or not, all at your own peril and risk.
If the hardware of the tablet allows you to install Windows, you can remove the pre-installed operating system and install it on a Windows 7 or 8. tablet. It is recommended to put the “Eight”. the system takes about ten gigabytes and takes up much less memory than its predecessor. After installation, another advantage of Windows 8 will be noticeable. this system boots three to four times faster, and Microsoft representatives promise that future updates will further accelerate this process.
For installation you will need: a USB mouse and keyboard, an external DVD drive or a bootable USB flash drive. If the device has few USB ports, you will need another USB hub. It is advisable to have a USB Ethernet adapter on hand. If Windows does not detect the tablet’s Wi-Fi adapter, its drivers will have to be downloaded from the Internet. A real keyboard will be needed only at the initial stage of installation, in the future you can do without it.
Having prepared all of the above, prepare bootable media. The easiest way is to use an external DVD-drive and use the existing distribution kit or download a Windows 8 image from the Internet and burn it to a DVD-ROM using Nero or another similar program. The developers claim that you can install Windows 8 from any media, therefore, if there is no DVD drive, you can install the system from a USB flash drive. True, this option is experienced by inexperienced users with varying success.
You can make a bootable USB flash drive using the Download Tool 1.0. or using the Portable Workspace Creator option, which creates a bootable copy of the OS. You need a media with a capacity of at least 8 GB.
The installation process itself is not very complicated. The G8 is not much different from previous versions of Windows and for a user who has experience installing this system on a regular computer, this stage will not cause problems.
- Back up the information stored on the tablet.
- In the device’s SETUP, select the boot from the required media (external DVD-drive or USB media). A description of this procedure should be in the tablet’s manual.
- Install the system similar to a regular computer.
After installing Windows, you need to download and install device drivers. Wi-Fi adapter, touch screen and others. Although, with some luck, it’s possible that the entire hardware “stuffing” of the tablet will work immediately.
instruction on installing Windows ME on an Android tablet using an emulator