Redmi 8 phone how to insert a SIM card
How to open with a standard paper clip
All Xiaomi smartphones come with a metal clip (key).
The paper clip looks like an oval with a long wire at one end.
- Examine your smartphone. Usually the slot is on the left side (sometimes on the right).
- Find the small hole next to the tray and carefully insert a paperclip into it.
- Press down on the paper clip with some force until you hear a click.
- A tray will slide out of the phone case a few millimeters, which must be carefully pulled out with your fingers.
After that, do the manipulations you need with the sim card or memory card, and then simply insert the slot back all the way.
It is not necessary to turn off the smartphone during these operations.
What to do if the tray does not open (is jammed or bent)
Often, owners of Xiaomi smartphones are faced with a situation where the tray does not slide out at all when pressed, or it appears a couple of millimeters and does not come out completely.
This usually happens if the SIM card inside the case gets caught on internal parts. It may have been incorrectly cut to a micro or nano format, or inserted the wrong way.
Some users try to make a “sandwich”: they glue chips from a SIM card and a memory card in order to simultaneously use cellular communications and increase the phone’s memory. In fact, such homemade tools often lead to tray problems.
Regardless of the cause of the problem, the stuck slot needs to be removed somehow. There are several recommendations on this score:
- if you use a standard paper clip, try to apply a little more force (this will not hurt your smartphone, and the tray may well move further);
- do not poke a needle or pin into the hole, as they may pierce internal parts and cause serious damage to the device;
- if the tray is slightly extended, try to insert something thin (a blade, a piece of foil) into the slot, and gently shake the structure.
As a rule, as a result of such actions, the slot is still unhooked from the case.
Sometimes the contacts inside the smartphone bend, or the tray itself bends. In this regard, you should not press with a paper clip or pull the slot with all your might: the parts may simply break.
Finally, the last way to deal with the problem is to disassemble the phone. An ordinary user is unlikely to be able to do this, so it is better to contact the service center so as not to aggravate the situation.
How to open without a standard paper clip
Of course, the standard key is not always at hand. over, usually users use it only once: when they unpack the purchased smartphone and insert the SIM card. The fact is that there are many suitable items around that will help you get the tray:
- Paper clips. The first thing that comes to mind, because they are practically no different from a standard paper clip. You just need to bend the long end of the paper clip and insert it into the hole.
- Needles. As already mentioned, in no case should they be inserted with a sharp end, but the opposite end will quite cope with the task. Of course, the tip of the eyelet needle is sharper than the end of a paper clip, but it won’t cause any problems.
- Push pins. In this case, you need to choose not the sharpest products.
- Earrings (piercings). Regular stud earrings are great for getting out the tray, since their tip is wide enough and not at all pointed.
Basically, a tray opening item can be found in every home and office.
Settings for each SIM card
See all options here: SIM card settings and mobile networks.
When 2 SIM cards work in the phone at the same time, you will see the signal of two cellular networks at the top (next to the charge level). For each SIM, you can configure the use of mobile network and data transmission (hotspot).
After choosing any SIM card, we will get to the settings menu, where the following options will be available:
- Enable SIM card. If you do not use this SIM card for a long time and do not receive SMS and voice calls on it, then it can be turned off to save battery power.
- SIM card name. Set any name so as not to be confused with the second. write the name of the operator.
- SIM card number. Convenient option if you forgot your phone number.
- Access points (APN). which access point this SIM card uses to access the Internet and receive mms messages. These settings come at the moment when you insert the SIM card into the phone for the first time, and are installed automatically. You don’t need to change anything. Or you can manually add an access point.
- Preferred network type: 4G (LTE), 3G or 2G (calls only, no internet, to save energy).
- Mobile networks. Select a network automatically or manually. I recommend automatically, especially if you are in roaming. the most “friendly” and inexpensive Partner operator will be selected. Experienced users can choose the manual mode, while in roaming they take on all the risks (they can “get” on an expensive tariff from a foreign operator). For example, in manual mode, in addition to my Beeline network, there are also networks available, but it is not a fact that I will be able to connect to them: MTS 4G, Tele2, Megafon 4G.
These settings affect all working SIM-cards, and not each separately:
- Mobile Internet: on / off. Allows data transmission over the operator’s mobile network.
- Dual 4G mode. Simultaneously, both SIM cards can work in 4G mode (fast internet calls). But it will drain your phone battery quickly.
- Mobile Internet during VoLTE calls (voice call transmission over high-speed LTE networks, or 4G). Those. during such a call, the Internet will work on the second sim card. The option is supported by the Big Three operators in Russia: Megafon, MTS, Beeline.
- Data transfer. traffic limitation for each SIM-card.
- Internet roaming. whether to use it or not. Remember the super-expensive internet rates in other countries.
- Always receive MMS. receive these messages even when the Internet is disconnected.
- Default calls. Choose which SIM card (preferred) you will call.
- Default Internet. Choose which SIM card you will use the Internet on.
SIM cards and mobile networks
Almost all Xiaomi phones support 2 SIM cards at the same time. In this article, we will consider all the network and Internet (data transfer) settings for each SIM card. So let’s go.
Here we can configure the use of the Internet for each SIM-card separately, depending on your tariff plan. Go to SIM settings and mobile networks Data transfer.
Turn on “Traffic control” and go to setting up the “Tariff plan”:
- Traffic Limit. set a monthly traffic limit. For example, I have it 2GB / month.
- If exceeded, notify and turn off the Internet or simply notify.
- Warning threshold. when I see a warning. 80%, i.e. after 1.6GB of used traffic package.
- Accounting start date. from which day of the month to start counting. Usually the tariff is valid from the first day of each month.
And use the following options as additional settings:
- Widget in the notification shade. show the widget or not.
- Show network speed. current internet connection speed.
- Send traffic reports. I advise you to disable sending reports to Xiaomi.
- Disclaimer. a license agreement that the company and the cellular operator do not owe you anything, all risks are solely on the user himself.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A does not see the SIM card, although the second SIM card works. In the settings, the SIM is turned on, I also rebooted the phone. How can you solve the SIM card problem on Xiaomi.
The symbol of the crossed out SIM card is lit on the screen of Khiaomi, and the SIM card does not turn on in the settings.
The SIM on Xaomi turned off by itself, and does not turn on anymore. Help restore your phone.
My Xiaomi Redmi 8a does not recognize that the card is inserted. Although they take out the SIM card and insert it into the old phone, and there it works well.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A cannot see SIM card.
During operation, a situation may arise. In which the Xiaomi Redmi 8A smartphone does not see the SIM card. This can be caused by a number of reasons, divided into hardware and software. If the connection with a certain operator is lost, you need to first check. Whether there is a contact on another device. Slot or another person on the card of a similar service provider. It may be that the connection is missing due to malfunctions of exactly that one. Who do you pay to call.
Otherwise, you need to perform several actions with the phone. The first thing to do is to reboot the device. This is often enough for troubleshooting purposes. If there is no effect, go to the settings:
- Open the submenu “SIM cards and mobile networks”;
- Select the card you want; make sure it is turned on.
In gadgets from Xiaomi, it is possible to flash the modem without completely rearranging the software on the Redmi 8A. The presence of TWRP recovery is mandatory. do not forget that the independent replacement of important software components affects the warranty. Sign up for repairing Redmi 8A, if the phone does not ring, our competent specialists will help you, here it is inexpensive! In any case, a failed firmware attempt will not turn the device into a “brick”. Incompatible Firmware version can be replaced together with IMEI repair. A spare copy of which can always be made before the procedure.
How to make the phone “see” the SIM card using hardware methods
You need to pull the card out of the slot and look at the contacts. If there is dirt and oxidation, you should use cotton wool soaked in isopropyl alcohol or an eraser. This is enough to restore the functionality of the element. Clearing contacts in the phone itself is allowed. Do not forget that they must be dry when you turn on your smartphone.
If there is no effect, it is better to look inside. the contacts of the SIM card holder may be deformed due to careless insertion. It is better to entrust the restoration of the structure to a professional in a service center or other workshop. Check the operability of the slot with a card of another operator. It is quite possible that the SIM card needs to be replaced due to wear and tear. In this situation, please contact the nearest mobile service provider office.
How to insert a SIM card into Xiaomi Redmi 8 and 7?
If you do not know how to insert a SIM card into Xiaomi Redmi 8, 7 or Note 7, then now we will teach you this.
This process is very simple and will take you a maximum of half a minute.
Let’s immediately figure out the location of the trays for SIM cards in smartphones Xiaomi Redmi 7 or 8.
If you look directly at the screen, then on the right side of it you will see the power and volume buttons, and on the left. a small tray with a hole.
For clarity, take a look at the pictures below. In this place is the SIM card slot in almost all Xiaomi Redmi:
This slot can accommodate 1 or 2 SIM cards, as well as a memory card. We recommend performing this process with the phone turned off, although this is not necessary.
By the way, due to the fact that Xiaomi adheres to a certain design of its smartphones, the instructions below will also help you insert SIM into Xiaomi Redmi 4, 4x, 5, Redmi 3S, Note 3 and other models of the line.
To open the SIM tray:
Q did you know that on Xiaomi you can take a screenshot in different ways?
If you have any questions, ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
How to insert a SIM card into the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S
Let’s start with the first scenario. You have just purchased a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S, new or used, but not equipped with a SIM card. The manipulation in this case is the simplest. Here are the steps to follow below:
- As we told you a little above, make sure your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S is in order. Find the location of the SIM card cache, it is usually in the top left or top right corner.
- Using the SIM tool, open the drawer by pressing on the slot for the tool.
- After opening, check the SIM format accepted by your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S and insert a new card.
- Close the drawer
- Turn on your phone and enter your PIN.
- You can now use the phone function of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S
How to insert a SIM card into Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S?
If you have just bought Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S, it is important to complete two important steps before you can use it, first you will need to find how to insert a SIM card into Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S to be able to use your smartphone’s phone functions, then connect to your Gmail account to activate your Android profile. We’ll take a closer look at this guide to help you complete the first of these two steps. We will first see the preliminary steps for installing a SIM card and then how to insert a SIM card into your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S.
Preparing to install the SIM card of my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S
How to replace the SIM card in my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S
To complete this guide, there are very few differences with the manipulations we just discovered. However, if you want to know how to replace the SIM card in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S, after opening the SIM card slot, you will need to remove the old card and replace it with a new one. If you have borrowed a used phone or a friend’s phone, you may wish to format your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S to reset it and enjoy it as if it were new, feel free to read our article on this topic.
If you are looking for the maximum of tutorials to become the king of Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S, we invite you to check out other tutorials in this category: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S.
Using a paper clip to remove
You should take the package in which the device was shipped and take from it a special key (called a “Paperclip”). It can be found quickly as it is secured in a separate paper case.
A paper clip is supplied with every Xiaomi device, since they have a non-removable back panel. Thanks to this key, it will be possible to access the SIM card slot.
If the wrench cannot be used for any reason, then a solid wire of suitable diameter can be used instead. Do not stick sharp needles in order not to damage the removal mechanism.
Redmi 8 ; How to insert sim & sd card in Xiaomi MI 8 In English
How to remove the SIM card tray
To insert a SIM, you first need to remove the tray. It is located on the left side of the device, and is removed using the paper clip supplied in the box.
- Find the packaging and look into it;
Packaging with a new smartphone
- After that, remove from there the iron paper clip shown in the image below. Thanks to her, it will be possible to open the smartphone;
Paper clip to eject the tray
Note! Before proceeding to the next step, be sure to turn off the device.
- Place the unit on something soft to avoid scratching the display. It is necessary to ensure that the device does not fall. Find the hole shown in the picture below. It is necessary to remove the tray;
Tray eject hole
- Slowly press down on the paper clip, without applying excessive force, while the tray should slide out;
The tray came out after inserting the key
- Pull the paperclip out and put it back. you no longer need it. Gently grasp the tray on both sides and remove it from the device.
Reinserting the SIM tray
After that, the SIM card is installed with the tray again into the device case. Installing the card must be done carefully, as this fragile little thing is very easy to break.
The tray must click. Then you need to turn on the device and wait until the inserted SIM finds the operator and becomes active. The name of the mobile provider will be displayed in the top tray.
The device is ready to perform work and domestic functions.
Xiaomi Redmi 8. How to insert SIM and micro SD card in 1minute
Attention! Some Xiaomi devices have separate slots (Redmi 4 Prime).
That is, one for placing SIM1, the second for SIM2 or a flash drive. But there are models with a mixed slot that can accommodate 1 or 2 SIM at once, as well as a memory card (for example, Redmi 4a, Mi 5, Redmi 5, 5 Plus and others).
How to insert a SIM card into Xiaomi. step by step instructions
How to insert a SIM card into Xiaomi. this question is asked by many users who have become the owners of a new Xiaomi smartphone. Maybe it’s Redmi 4 or Redmi 5, or even Mi A1 or Mi 6. Of course, this can be any other option from the huge list of devices from this manufacturer from the Middle Kingdom. All that remains is to congratulate! Great choice! Now you just need to turn on the device and insert a SIM card into it. For most users, this operation will seem extremely easy. But there are also those for whom the process of implementing SIM-ki will become a real problem.
Therefore, you need to consider this process in stages. After reading the manual, even a beginner can easily integrate a SIM into a Xiaomi personal device.
Mixed Dual Tray, Nano SIM Card, Micro SDi Card
Installing a memory card
It is not always possible to implement a SD card. Many devices do not use this opportunity, they already have a large amount of internal memory.
The flash drive is embedded either in an additional slot or in a mixed connector. In the latter case, the tray has two indentations of an unusual shape, while the user must choose. install one SIM and a memory card in the device, or just two SIMs. The second one must be cut to Nano.
The SD card is installed in the same way as the SIM card. A mixed slot is marked with a standard icon; it cannot be confused. Contacts must be directed upwards. To remove the memory module, remove the tray using the above method and pick up the USB flash drive with a paper clip or fingernail.
Simultaneous placement of two cards and a CD-drive
If the developer did not provide for such an opportunity, then you can get out of the situation manually.
Removing the chip from the card
- Remove the chip from the SIM card. To do this, you need to gently heat the plastic on the sides until it becomes pliable, then pry it with tweezers and take out the gold microcircuit. You can use a lighter or hair dryer;
- Gently grind the chip from the bottom side and along the edges with sandpaper, remove about 1-2 millimeters of plastic;
- Use super glue to attach the chip to the CD drive. It is necessary to look for information on your SIM card additionally. The correct location of the chip differs for different communication providers.
Correct placement of the chip on the drive
Gluing two cards is a difficult process, there is a chance to break a USB flash drive, internal contacts, or even completely lose the ability to remove the tray from the device. It is safer and easier to purchase a model that has an additional memory tray instead of a mixed slot.
Installing a SIM card in a new device is no more difficult than in the previous one. Xiaomi devices are similar to each other and open using the same method. If a paper clip was lost or was not supplied, you can use a standard paper clip by first unfolding one side of it.
Xiaomi Redmi 8. How to insert micro SD and SIM
Installing a second SIM or memory card
Next, you need to figure out how to insert a memory card into the device. It is not difficult to do this, the only difference is that in conjunction with the SIM-coy, you should implement a drive and a tray.
MicroSD has special cutouts that do not allow integrating it incorrectly. You need to watch them completely combine. What it looks like is shown in the image below:
After that, just like with a single card, you should install the slot in the device. It is necessary to ensure that the content does not change position and completely falls into the desired guides.
How to put a SIM card in Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro phones
The mobile phone has become a very important device in people’s daily life due to the large number of opportunities that it gives us with the advent of the Internet and social networks. Since then, its capabilities have grown to the point that today we use our mobile phone for almost everything. Reading information on the Internet, browsing social networks, sending or receiving mail messages or using navigators and travel guides are some of the most repetitive activities among users. Well, here, in fact, you know everything yourself 🙂
If there is an element of fundamental importance in mobile devices, then it is undoubtedly a SIM card, since it is important not only to make phone calls or send and receive text messages. This is also because the SIM card allows you to store contacts by creating a phone book or phone book.
For this reason, one of the first things we do when a mobile phone comes into our hands is to insert a SIM card into it. And this is what we must do right in order for the device to work properly.
For this reason, we wrote this article, and in it we will tell you how to correctly insert a SIM card into Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro.
The specifications of these devices can be found here, and if you wish, you can also purchase Xiaomi phones and other useful gadgets. So, let’s begin:
If it’s fast. everything is simple, the SIM card is inserted similarly to Apple devices. into the slot on the side, which you need to get out. Dallee. in detail.
To do this, you will need to follow the steps that you will see below, they are quite simple:
In this case, it is very important to have on hand all the necessary components for inserting a SIM card:
The key used to open the terminal ports (or just a paperclip)
Nano SIM card. It is important to make sure that your SIM card is NANO size, as this is the one that is really compatible with Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro phones.
It is necessary to completely turn off the device so as not to damage the phone when replacing the SIM card. Although I do it like this, no shutdown 🙂
There is a hole on the left side of your phone, into which you need to insert a special key, after which the rear slot will open automatically. It is sometimes difficult to find, which is why people often search the network for how to insert a SIM card into Xiaomi Redmi Note 8. Knowing this subtlety immediately decides everything.
Then, when you open the slot, the SIM card tray is in your hands. just insert the SIM card correctly into it. There should be no difficulties here.
When you put the SIM card in, the tray needs to be inserted back into the slot, it is important to note that you must be sure that the NANO SIM card has been inserted correctly. That is, do not move or tilt the tray as this could result in loss of contact between the card and the device. Or she will just stand up crookedly (yes! It happened, there is no need to have strength :))
Now all you have to do is turn on the phone, because with the correct installation of the card, you can make phone calls, as well as receive and send data. This is me about the Internet 🙂 In general, there is only one Finn here. this is that the SIM card is inserted from the side, like on the iPhone. And it’s enough just to know about it. The rest is pretty straightforward. Good luck!
How two sim cards work?
The next delusion of newcomers is the simple fact that smartphones can fully operate on two sim cards. This is not entirely true, because older devices have sequential use of sim cards and only more expensive devices allow cards to work in parallel. How to understand such an expression? First of all, it is worth noting that the serial connection of sim cards. this is their simultaneous operation only in standby mode. That is, if you call from one SIM card. the work of another will simply be unavailable to you. After the call ends, the second SIM will be active again. Parallel communication method. it is a more functional solution. It assumes that sim cards will work regardless of the workload of the other. So, even during a conversation with one SIM, you can easily receive a call from another while putting the first on hold. Unfortunately, a small number of smartphones support such a useful and simply irreplaceable feature. On the other hand, there is a way out to solve communication sequence problems. To do this, it is enough to set forwarding to turn off the SIM card to the number of the second SIM. So, one by one during a conversation, thanks to the forwarding function, a signal, a call or even an SMS will be able to come to a certain module, which will mostly solve this problem.
How to use a smartphone for two SIM cards correctly?
Chinese smartphones with two sim cards. this is already a tradition. However, not every user knows why devices with two SIM cards are actually created. over, many do not even suspect that a certain slot carries an independent function, which simply does not exist in another. And today we will talk about how to correctly and competently use devices with two sim cards, as well as what additional functions can be found in them. Today, it is also worth noting that many protected phones have appeared, they also have 2 SIM cards, all the SIM settings described in this article are suitable for them.
Dual SIM smartphones with WCDMA and GSM support
Very often we meet Chinese smartphones with 3G function, and the ability to connect to high-speed Internet. Often the user thinks that he can use such a function for both simcars. Unfortunately, in fact, only one SIM card supports high-speed 3G Internet, and the connection is in this standard. Another slot. supports normal standard communication. To understand which slot you need for the Internet. it is enough just to pay attention to some designations. So, the slot marked “W” (from WCDMA) will work in 3G format, while the slot “G” (from GSM) will only allow communication in a standard network without the possibility of connecting high-speed Internet. This functionality is used in all devices. Thanks to this, not only can you significantly save hardware resources, but also save battery power, make the device smaller in size. On the other hand, many manufacturers promise to soon make devices that can support 3G on both SIM cards.
Having a dual-SIM smartphone, you can also configure certain parameters for each slot. To do this, just go to the settings, then. in “SIM card management”. This section will help you not only to find out in what color one or another SIM is displayed, but also to configure additional characteristics. At this point, you should usually pay attention to the prohibition of receiving SMS or voice calls. Otherwise, it is possible to determine which card will be responsible for transferring data, and which will receive the video signal. You can also configure the request permissions for a particular service.
Two sim cards for Android
As a conclusion, it should be noted that with the help of the functions of the Android system, it is possible not only to set up data transmission and voice calls for certain SIM cards, but also to be able to write down names for certain SIM cards. In other words, using one smcard, you will be able to record certain contacts exclusively to this number, while on the second sim card, the ability to view this contact will be unavailable.
You can register the number manually. To do this, click on the error notifications, wait until a message opens, in which you need to click at least three times on “Retry”.
To consolidate the result, go to the manufacturer’s website and indicate the phone number. Enter your username and password, go to the settings, and wait until the system automatically sends a confirmation code to the phone number. But keep in mind that some users note that this method does not work on their gadgets.
Changing the language on the phone
On some models from Chinese manufacturers, there are some flaws. there is no support for the Russian language.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
- log out of your personal account;
- change the language to English in the settings;
- log into your account to activate the card;
- change the language back to Russian.
For correct operation, restart the device and continue operation as usual.
How to find out the number if the SIM card is not activated?
The phone number is indicated on the packaging. You can choose it in the mobile salon.
Why activation is needed?
When buying a new phone or changing a SIM card, you need to go through the activation process. Card activation is necessary to increase the level of protection of the new phone number. This process occurs automatically. Manufacturers collect data for a certain time in order to properly protect users.
What to do if the SIM card is not activated?
To activate the SIM card on different phones running Android, the methods are suitable, which are described in detail below.
What does it mean the SIM card is not activated?
If the card is not activated, then the owner of the gadget will not be able to use the mobile phone for its main purpose. to make and receive calls, use social networks and other activities related to communication.
Sometimes this error is displayed due to network problems. The area where the user is located has poor coverage. Try to restart your gadget and check the signal. It is likely that after leaving an area with a weak signal, correct operation will be restored.
Why says the SIM card is not activated
If the gadget says “Make sure you have enough funds on your balance”, this does not mean that the SIM card could not be activated. Perhaps the money sent to top up the account is not enough to connect the selected tariff.
The cause of the malfunction is not excluded due to breakdowns in the gadget itself.
How long can you not activate a SIM card
It is noted that activation must occur within three months from the date of purchase. Upon purchase, a certain amount is automatically sent to the account to activate the selected package. If the user does not use the connected services for three months, then the money is automatically debited, and the connected package is automatically transferred to “Standard” or “Basic” (depending on the operator). At the end, the number will be given to another user. Read more about the conditions on the official websites of the selected operator. Tele2, Vodafone, Kyivstar, Lifecell, Megafon, MTS, Beeline.
The introduction of a second SIM card or memory card
The installation of the second card is the same as the first. The only difference is their size. Instead of a second SIM card, you can put a USB flash drive. The memory card is also contoured to prevent insertion of the card incorrectly. Like the SIM card, it must fit exactly into the slots of the slot. Her contacts should be on top.
After setting the desired configuration in the tray, insert it carefully into the smartphone. Make sure that none of the elements jumped out of their boundaries. Snap the tray and turn on the device. Either two antennas with the names of providers will be displayed, or in the settings of the smartphone you need to find the “Memory” section and check for the presence of a flash drive.
Some Xiaomi models have a separate slot for a flash drive. It is inserted into it in the same way as in the combined version.
But the Redmi 4 doesn’t have a separate slot, so you have to choose between a second phone number and extra storage. But this dilemma can be solved in another way. to combine all the elements together.
Standard extraction tool
If you look at the left end of the phone, you can see an oval compartment “recessed” into the body. This is a tray for inserting SIM cards. There is a small hole on it, with the help of which the SIM card is extracted.
Usually, the smartphone comes with:
- instruction, often without Russian;
- charger with USB cable;
- paper clip attached to cardboard.
The paperclip has a rounded or oval top. Sometimes it is called “iStaple”, by analogy with the iPhone smartphones, which have a similar accessory. Using this item, the tray is removed.
Inserting a SIM card into the phone
The Xiaomi device Redmi 4 has two slots on the tray frame. You can install either two SIM cards in them. one will be Micro size, the other. Nano, or insert 1 Micro-SIM and 1 USB flash drive. First, it will tell you how to install a SIM card in the tray Xiaomi Redmi 4.
- Turn off the device.
- Examine the frame. Prompting inscriptions will be applied on it. The SIM card has a characteristic oblique cut. The slot on the frame will also follow the shape of the sim card.
- Insert the SIM card into the slot. It should exactly “sit” in the grooves of the frame. Due to the presence of the cut, the card will only be inserted correctly in one way.
- Then return the tray to the compartment. Gently, without undue pressure, insert it into the smartphone. At the end of the process, a soft click should be heard. this means that the tray is installed correctly.
Switch on the phone. After downloading, the antenna image and the name of the cellular provider should be shown at the top.
Types of SIM-cards
Before installing the SIM card, you need to find out what size cards are used in the smartphone in question.
- Regular or standard size Mini-SIM card. It is used in older models of smartphones. Largest of all devices, measuring 25 x 15 x 0.76 mm.
- In order to save space, a SIM card of smaller dimensions 15 x 12 x 0.76 mm was introduced. This type is called Micro-SIM.
- The latter type, measuring 12.30 x 8.80 x 0.67 mm. Called Nano-SIM, found in all new phones.
Xiaomi Redmi 4, like all mobile gadgets of the company, supports the last 2 types of SIM cards. If you have a Mini-SIM card, you must cut it before insertion.
Important! Pruning is done in the services of mobile companies in order to avoid damage to the SIM card and phone.
Removing the tray
A situation is likely when the SIM card is already in the smartphone. The following instructions will also describe how to get a SIM card from Xiaomi Redmi 4.
- remove the paper clip from the cardboard;
- put the phone on a soft surface for convenience;
- insert a paperclip into the hole on the tray and press lightly on it;
- the tray should come out of the compartment, then pull out the paper clip.
- pull gently on the cover of the tray and pull it out completely.
After successful extraction, you should proceed to install the SIM card and memory card. If you need to pull them out, then just remove them from the tray frame.
Installing and removing the SIM card and external media in the Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone
When faced with a smartphone from a Chinese company for the first time, the owner of the gadget may not understand how to insert a SIM card into the Xiaomi Redmi 4. The phone does not have a removable back panel, so the “traditional” method cannot be used to install the card. The options for inserting a SIM card and a flash drive are described below.
Combining two SIM cards and a flash drive
To solve this problem, you can resort to a method called “sandwich”. The name reflects the method of connecting a SIM card and a flash drive. they are placed on top of each other, like butter on a loaf.
Attention! This method can lead to damage to both the smartphone and SIM cards and memory cards. All actions should be performed carefully and carefully.
You need to glue the Nano-SIM card to the plastic part of the flash drive without touching the contacts of the memory card, according to the following instructions:
- Remove the working part of the SIM card with a chip from the plastic shell. To do this, heat the plastic from the back with a lighter or hairdryer, holding the SIM card with tweezers or nail clippers. After the base becomes soft, peel off the microcircuit from it with a thin tool. Before the procedure, place a mark on the chip in the corner where the oblique cut is located.
- It is necessary to reduce the thickness of the memory card by 1-2 mm by stripping it from the bottom and side.
- Put superglue on the plastic part of the flash drive, and gently smear it over the entire unused part, without touching the memory card contacts. You can cover the conductive part with a sheet of paper.
- Attach the SIM card to the place covered with glue. The mark on the microcircuit should be in the upper right corner. Squeeze the “sandwich” for a few minutes until the glue is completely dry. If glue gets on the contacts, then clean them.
- Insert the resulting “sandwich” into the phone and turn it on. If the connection is correct, the second SIM card and memory card will be displayed.
The process of extracting and inserting a SIM card into a Xiaomi Redmi 4 phone is straightforward. It is only necessary to carefully and carefully perform all operations so as not to break structural elements.