Program For Synchronizing Iphone With Computer
This article provides information on how to sync music, movies, and other data using iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer.
If you have macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows computer, use iTunes to sync content on your devices. Before using iTunes to sync content on an iOS or iPadOS device, it is recommended that you use iCloud, Apple Music, or a similar service to save the contents of your Mac or Windows computer to the cloud. So you can access your music, photos and other files from the device when the computer is not nearby. Learn more about using Apple Music or iCloud Photos instead of iTunes.
If you use iCloud or other services such as Apple Music for synchronization, some of the sync functions through iTunes may be disabled.
What can I sync with iTunes
- Albums, compositions, playlists, films, TV shows, podcasts and audio books.
- Photos ands.
- Contacts and calendars.
ITunes features may vary by country or region.
Sync or delete content using iTunes
- Open iTunes and connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the device icon in the upper left corner of the iTunes window. Find out what to do if the icon does not appear.
- In the list below the Settings menu on the left side of the iTunes window, select the type of content you want to sync or delete. To enable synchronization for a content type, select the Sync check box.
You can sync your device with only one iTunes library at a time. If a message appears that the device is synchronized with another iTunes library, it was previously connected to another computer. If you click “Erase and sync.” in this message, all the contents of the selected type on the device will be erased and replaced with the contents from the computer.
Wi-Fi content sync
After setting up syncing with iTunes via USB, you can set iTunes to sync your device using Wi-Fi instead of USB.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable, and then open iTunes and select a device.
- Click Browse on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi”.
- Click the Apply button.
If your computer and device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, the device appears in iTunes. The device syncs automatically when it is connected to a power source and iTunes is open on the computer.