Program For Scanning From Printer To Computer
How to scan from printer to computer
Many of you are more or less often faced with the need to transfer information (text, graphic, photo images) from paper to a computer. The main assistant in solving this issue is the scanner. This can be either an independent device or an MFP with the ability to scan.
Preparing to scan from printer to computer
In order to start the actual scanning process, you must have at your disposal a computer and a scanner (or an MFP with the function of the latter).
- Turn on the computer and printer.
- MFP (or scanner) connect to a power source and to your computer.
- You have the document, book, photograph or other paper medium from which you should read the information on the front side of the scanner glass.
At this preparatory stage is completed.
How to scan an image from a printer to a computer
The presence of this graphic editor will help to carry out the procedure of transferring data to a computer easily and quickly.
- Run the Paint program. To do this, click on its shortcut (icon) on the desktop or go to the “Start”. “All Programs”. “Standard”. “Paint” path.
- In the upper left corner of the program that opens, go to the File menu or click on the white rectangle with a drop-down list (in the same corner).
- In the list below, select “Get Image”. “From the scanner or camera” (or “From the scanner or camera”). If this menu item is not active, then the scanner is not ready for operation (check the connection of the device to the power source and computer).
- A window appears on the screen in which you select the necessary device. Your printer, the type of image being scanned (color or black and white).
- After. Press the “Scan” key.
- Done. Here is a scanned image that you can edit if desired.
- To save the picture, go to the “File” menu and select “Save As”, indicating the path in the directory where the received file will be stored. The most common save formats are.JPEG and.Png.
Using Scan Application
- Install the necessary drivers for your printer on the computer. To do this, you can use the disk that came with the device, or download them from the Internet.
- Follow the path “Start”. “Devices and Printers” (or “Start”. “Control Panel”. “Devices and Printers”).
- Right-click on the icon of your printer and in the drop-down list, stop on the item “Start Scan”.
- A window opens in which you set the scanning parameters: type of source document, color or black and white image will be obtained, resolution of the finished image, in which format the file will be saved.
- Click the Scan button.
- As a result, a scanned image will appear on the screen, to which you assign a name and indicate the path to place it on your computer.
Image resolution when scanning from printer to computer
Resolution is one of the important parameters of the final image. It is he who determines the detail (clarity) of the picture. It is not worth setting too high values for text documents. This is not necessary, and more time will be spent on the scanning process. And remember that you can lower the resolution of the resulting image (in a graphical editor), you cannot increase it, you will need to re-scan the document.
- 100. 200 dpi. Fast image transfer, does not imply subsequent recognition of the document.
- 300. 400 dpi. Sufficient indicators for text recognition.
- 500. 600 dpi. If you need to catch the smallest details of the image.
How to scan documents from printer to computer
EPSON L355 with CISS (Click to enlarge)
Scanning documents and photos from the printer to the computer is easy. To do this, you need:
1. Install drivers for your MFP. He wrote about this in detail in two articles below:
- How to install a printer without a disk.
- How to install a printer from disk.
If you have a disk that came with the device, you can use it. Disconnect the printer from the computer, insert the disk into the drive and run the file with the extension [.Exe] (usually it is Setup.Exe). Follow the prompts of the wizard.
2. Place the document on the scanner glass. In most cases, you need to put the printed side down, but for HP ENVY multifunction printers. Up.
3. Turn on the printer and wait 30 seconds until it is detected in the system.
4. Scan. Here you can use various methods:
- Follow the path “Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Devices and Printers”. We click on the printer icon with the right mouse button and select “Start Scan”. In the window that opens, set the necessary parameters, click “View” and if everything suits us, click “Scan”. The 3rd on the left shows this option using the Canon MFP as an example.
- Open special scanning software that is installed on a computer with a driver for your MFP. Typically, a desktop shortcut appears for it. There you can open the settings and set the necessary ones.
- Paint This utility comes bundled with Windows. You can start it by opening the Start menu. All programs. Accessories. Paint. Open the File menu (or click on the button with the down arrow in Windows 7). Select “From scanner or camera.” In the window that opens, you can select the type of scanned image. If there is no time and you need to quickly scan something. Immediately select the desired type and click “Scan”. If there is time, you can select “Adjust the quality of the scanned image” and set more suitable settings.
5. Save. After the scanned image appears in the program, open the menu File. Save As. JPEG image. We select the directory or folder for saving the document on the computer, set the file name and click “Save.”
DPI. Resolution or the number of dots per inch. The more. The higher the image quality, the higher its resolution (the number of pixels in length and width) and the more it will “weigh” and occupy the file space on your computer’s disk. The higher you set the resolution, the longer the printer will process or scan the document.
- 100-200 dpi. If you need fast and you will not recognize documents.
- 300-400 dpi. Suitable if you need to recognize text.
- 500-600 dpi. If you need the smallest details of a document.
With a resolution of 600 dpi, the father scans the old family photos that he manages to get. There you need maximum resolution because the quality of the photos of 20-30-40 years is “not very”.
It’s convenient for me to scan at 300 dpi. The quality of the photo is good and the text can be recognized if necessary.
There is one more nuance. You can always lower the resolution of the scanned file in the same graphical editor Paint. But to increase the resolution will not succeed. Have to scan again.
Scan with pleasure.
How to scan a document to a computer from a printer
Scanning documents from a printer to a computer is not as difficult as it might seem. Questions in this regard may arise, first of all, from inexperienced PC users.
It should be understood that not every printer can scan documents. Especially for such purposes, there are scanners and so-called all-in-one printers that combine the functions of a photocopier and scanner.
In this article we will talk about how to scan a document to a computer from a printer and what is needed for this.
To begin with, the printer should already be connected to your computer, configured and ready to go. You can read about how to do this in this article. So let’s get started.
- Lift the cover of the printer (scanner) that is turned on and ready for use.
If you notice that the glass is dirty or dusty, wipe it.
- Place the document you want to scan to the computer with the front side on the glass, that is, text.
Note: on some devices, such as HP Envy All-in-One Printers, the document needs to be placed text up.
- We proceed directly to the scan, which can be done in several ways:
- Go to the “Control Panel” and in the “Hardware and Sound” section, click “Devices and Printers”.
On the icon of the connected printer, right-click “Start Scan”
Set the necessary scanning parameters, and then click on “Preview”. If the displayed image suits you, click “Scan”.
- Just run the special software that comes with your MFP, which means it’s already installed on your computer, and scan with it.
Here you can set the necessary parameters for the scanned image.
- Save the scanned image to your computer by selecting its format (optional), quality and resolution.
That’s all, that’s it, now you know how to scan a document to a computer from a printer and have done it yourself.
Tell your friends on social networks.. How to scan a document on a computer with an MFP
How to scan a document on a computer with an MFP
The fact is that the printer is not intended for scanning. This type of technology performs only the print function. But the multifunction device (MFP) can scan a photo, passport and other documents.
But how to scan if the necessary driver package is missing on the computer? Many users simply connect the scanning device to a PC, and the Windows 7 operating system independently determines which driver is needed, and then installs it.
Any MFP is capable of scanning, regardless of the manufacturer or model of equipment. The main thing is the connection of the multifunction device with the PC and the presence of a scanner.
How to scan an image or document?
In order to start work, you need to go to the “Start” and from the list located on the right side of the menu, select the section responsible for devices and printers.
After clicking on it with the mouse, a window opens where the model of the connected device should be indicated. (Example HP LaserJet M1530 MFP MFP)
The printer icon should have a green checkmark, which indicates that the printing equipment is ready for use. We click on the right button of the computer mouse on the icon with the printer and select the “Start Scan” task in the menu that appears. After that, it remains only to set the appropriate settings and select the appropriate scan settings. To work with a text document, a black-and-white scanning option is provided, but for processing photos and color posters, you will have to experiment with the settings.
It should be noted that the higher the resolution of the scan, the sharper the resulting image. But the weight of the final file will be much larger. This must be taken into account if there is a need to send it by email in the presence of slow Internet and expensive traffic.
And even if you have a monochrome printer that is designed for black and white printing, the scanned image will still turn out to be color.
How to scan on a printer. Useful tips
How to scan on a printer? Today, even a child can handle this. For a long time, the printer, scanner and copier have been combined into one multifunctional device. The so-called MFP. They differ not only in design, but also in speed, quality of work and other properties.
If in the first place when choosing such a device is compactness and a limited budget, then it is better to consider the most simple devices. An example of such an option from Epson is the Stylus CX 4100 model. How to scan on a printer of this brand?
This device has a color scanner based on a CCD sensor, the size of the optical resolution. 1200x2400dpi. I must say that for a device of this class this is a pretty decent resolution.
There are three modes of operation on this scanner:
Simple. Part of the settings must be done manually;
Automatic. Determination of the type and source of the document, optimization, preview and scanning occur automatically;
Professional mode. The user has the ability to carry out all parameter settings independently.
The device comes with a driver disk and a program for manual or automatic scanning, saving in PDF format, restoring colors in photos, and so on.
Connect the scanner-printer to the computer, install the device driver and you can start working. How to scan from a Stylus CX 4100 printer? Yes, very simple. Place the necessary document on it, on the desktop open the EPSON Smart Panel application, find the Scan icon in it and start the process of reading information. Follow the prompts.
How to scan on a Samsung SCX 4100 printer
This is another representative of multifunction devices. There is also a special application for working with the scanner. “Samsung SmarThru 4”, it is installed with the device driver using an optical disk.
Open the printer cover, place a document or photo there (you need to be guided by the guide marks). Now you can launch “Samsung SmarThru 4”, find the “scan” icon in it and click on it. You will see another window in which you need to select the mode for scanning. How to scan on a printer in different modes?
If you use the Application tab, you can transfer the scanned document to one of the programs on the computer. If you apply the “Email” tab, then scanning will be performed with the subsequent sending of the document or photo to the specified email address. The “Folder” section will help you save the scan result on your computer. And if you need to recognize the text, then use the “Recognition” tab.
Select the mode you need, set all resolutions and color values, then click the Scan button and start the process.
How to scan on a printer without using the Samsung SmarThru 4 application
To do this, you need to use the TWAIN interface, which is usually installed by default in the operating system. In order to start the process, you need to open a graphical editor or a text recognition program and select “Samsung SCX 4100” as the source of the opened document.
As you can see, the principle of operation of all multifunctional devices is similar: just install the driver and connect the printer to the computer, and then calmly start working.