Password Recovery And Icloud Mail Access
How to recover iCloud mail and regain access to your account if you forget your password? Reset your iCloud password through email or security questions and recover your Apple ID.
iCloud on iPhone is password protected by Apple ID. Therefore, understanding how to recover an iCloud password, we are talking about a security key from an identifier. The easiest way to reset it is to send the link by mail.
- Connect your iPhone to the Internet.
- Open the settings. In the “iCloud” section, click on the link “Forgot your Apple ID or password?”
- Indicate the identifier. he is also the mail address of Aiklaud.
- Select a reset by e-mail.
If you linked your mailbox to an iCloud account on another service, an email will be sent to it with a link to reset your password. The letter may be in the Spam folder, so be sure to check it. After clicking on the link, you will be taken to the password reset page. Restoring access to iCloud:
- Enter a new password.
- Confirm it by typing a second time.
- Click Reset.
After the reset, you can log into iCloud using the new identification data. Be careful when restoring a password: an email with a link should come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If the message contains a different addressee, do not open it and, moreover, do not follow the link.
How to recover the password if I forgot to add a backup mail address during registration or lost access to it? In this case, you have to use the second option. the answer to security questions.
- Go to iCloud password recovery.
- Write your Apple ID.
- Select the “Security Questions” option.
- Enter the date of birth that you wrote when registering your account.
- Answer the questions you saved when creating your account.
After two correct answers, a password reset page will appear on which you need to set a new security key.
In both cases, password recovery requires an identifier. the address from iCloud mail. If you forgot it, then a special form will help to remember:
- Open the password recovery page in the settings.
- At the stage of entering the identifier, click “Forgot Apple ID?”.
- Enter first name, last name and backup e-mail.
If this doesn’t help you remember your Apple ID, call support. Get ready to prove that you are the rightful owner of the device. The best confirmation of this would be a purchase receipt.
If you turned on two-step verification when setting up your Apple ID, use it to restore access to your mail.
- Enter the code generated when you enabled two-factor authentication.
- Select the second device so that it will receive a recovery code.
- Enter the sent code on the first device.
Password recovery fails
If you can’t recover your password, turn off iCloud services on your phone.
- Open the iCloud section in the settings.
- Slide all the switches to the off position.
You will only have to leave the “Find iPhone” function left on. it cannot be deactivated without a security key. If you bought the phone from your hands, and the seller remained with iCloud, then he will be able to remotely lock the device. Therefore, it is important when checking to make sure that the iCloud profile of the previous owner is deleted.
If you created the account yourself and then forgot the password, then nothing bad will happen. you just can’t use some of the useful iPhone features anymore until you find a way to recover iCloud mail.
If you forgot your iPhone password, read how to quickly restore access here.