No Wireless Network Connection Windows 7
Suppose you wondered how to create a home LAN, but how to create a wireless network connection on Windows 7 and XP?
Instructions for Windows 7
- Click on the button Start;
- Go to bookmark Control Panel;
- In the upper right corner, change the page view type to Browse: Category ;
- Here we choose View network status and tasks;
- Next we follow in Change adapter settings;
- Here we highlight Wireless network connection and right-click to open the context menu in which we select The properties;
- Now in the tab Are common You can see the marked components that are used by this connection.
- Scroll to the bottom and look for Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4) , We select the “bird”.
- Click the Properties button.
- We mark the “bird” Get IP address automatically, and Obtain DNS server address automatically. Click OK again.
- We reboot the computer in order for the above changes to take effect.
After logging in, connect to the network and now you should have Internet access.
Instructions for Windows XP
- Left-click on the icon Start;
- Go to the tab Connection. Show all connections.
- Right-click the option Wireless network connection.
- Push The properties.
- The following steps are similar to the procedure specified for Windows 7.
Setting up a wireless network connection on Windows 7.. How to create a wireless network connection between 2 devices on Windows 7
- Push Start
- Choose Control Panel.
- Switch the view to Browse: Category.
- In chapter Network and Internet select item View network status and tasks.
- In the window that opened, select the parameter Set up a new connection or network.
- After this step, the connection setup wizard starts. In the window, select Computer-to-computer wireless network setup.
- Click on the button Further.
- In the next window, read the information provided and click Further.
- Now set the name of the new network as well as the password. The security type is left untouched (should be WPA 2). And put the bird opposite the parameter Save settings for this network.
- Push button Further.
- We wait while the operating system configures the network. After that, click on the button Close.
- In the Control Panel window that appears in front of us, select Change advanced sharing options.
- In this window we include two items: Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing.
- Save changes.
- Now we repeat the specified algorithm for the second computer. And connect it to a shared network.
How to create a wireless network connection on Windows XP and 7. Installing a simplified network
There are a few simple rules here. Computers that will participate in the creation of the network must have a common working group, but different proper names. By default, Windows sets the group name to WORKGROUP. But we recommend that you set a unique name for your group. This will simplify the process of creating a wireless network if one of your PCs already has a network configured.
To change names in Windows 7:
- Right-click on Computer and select Properties.
- We are looking for the Computer name field.
- Click “Change Settings.”
- In the window “System Properties” under the inscription “Computer Name” click Change.
- Enter the unique name of the PC and the common name of the workgroup. Click OK again and reboot.
To change the name of a computer or group in Windows XP:
- Right-click on My Computer.
- Select Properties.
- In the “Computer Name” tab, click Change.
- Enter the name of the computer and workgroup.
- After clicking OK, Windows will give a greeting and offer to restart the computer.
So you learned how to create a wireless network connection on Windows 7 and XP.