Mi Cloud Xiaomi Sync Activate Sim Card
Mi Cloud is a great addition to the Mi account, which allows you to free up space on your phone, securely store your files and always have access to them from any device. But not all novice users know how to use Mi Cloud and what functions this service provides in general.
What is Mi Cloud?
As you know, it’s full cloud storage, performing essentially the same options as the most popular Google Drive or Yandex.Disk. The user is provided with free 5 gigabytes, which can be expanded through Mi-credits. We talked about this in the article “How to free memory in Mi Cloud”.
Allocated space can be used to store various types of necessary information: photos,s, contacts, messages and backups. In this case, the owner of the phone will substantially free up internal or external storage.
The only thing that cannot be transferred to Mi Cloud is applications, because they are stored only on the permanent memory of the smartphone or are transferred to the SD card using root-rights. But you can use Mi Cloud as a high-quality storage for saving backups of any program.
How to log in to Mi Cloud from a computer
First you need to log in to your Mi account on your PC. If you have not registered your account yet, be sure to do it. Now proceed:
- We go to the Mi Cloud website. A new blue window opens in front of us, where we click on the white button with the inscription “Sign in with your Mi account“.
- We see the login form. Enter the phone number in the topmost column, to which the account is linked or email. Below we write the password.
- If everything is correct. click “Sign in“. Also Facebook login available.
- As soon as the login is successful, we see Mi Cloud home screen with your personal details.
- You can also enter by scanning the QR code from the phone. It will turn out much faster to go into the cloud.
View photos and files
First of all, cloud storage is used to reliably save various pictures, photos, pictures ands, since these materials occupy the most space in the smartphone’s memory. And you can watch photos directly in the application itself, thanks to the built-in Mi Cloud Photo Manager.
Using this manager, you will forget about the constant transitions to the Gallery and about long downloads. To do this, go to the “Gallery” tab and enjoy watching interesting captured moments from life.
You can share photos, as well as delete and sort them by folders. Deleted files are saved in the Recycle Bin, where they can either be removed from the device permanently or restored.
Mi Cloud has another very useful and high-quality option: search for a lost Xiaomi or Redmi phone. To do this, you need to carry out the following actions on your smartphone:
- Go to “Settings”. “Applications”, and We are looking for either a Mi account or Mi Cloud there. In any case, we need to find a list of the Cloud features.
- Below the objects for synchronization we find the graph Device Search (the inscription may be in English), and move the slider to the “On” side. Now, provided the Internet is turned on and GPS is working, you can find your device. How. read below.
We go to the main screen of Mi Cloud and click on the purple button there. “Find device”. Now we see the list of functions displayed in English. Let’s try to figure out:
- Located. the most basic option, showing the location of the phone on the map. Using this tab, you can determine, for example, the street and the house where the device is currently located.
- Noise — turn on the beep at maximum volume. So you can find the device if you lost it in an apartment or not in a too wide public place. The signal turns off already on the device itself.
- Lost mode. temporarily lock the phone. Very relevant when the gadget falls into the wrong hands. But as soon as the user enters the correct login and password from the Mi account, the smartphone will work again.
- Wipe device –deletes all data from the internal and external memory of the device. Absolutely all information is cleared without the possibility of returning it. In principle, this is ideal if the device turned out to be an attacker.
Sync and backup
Now we will discuss how to configure, enable and disable synchronization with the Cloud and make a backup. These are two very useful features that protect important information in case of any trouble with the phone.
It is possible to synchronize the following materials: contacts, calls, messages, sound recordings, gallery, Wi-Fi settings and browser data.
How to enable synchronization with the phone
To do this, we carry out a simple procedure: go to “Settings”, then in “Applications” and open Mi Cloud. Almost at the very top of the gray window there will be a large white inscription “Synchronize” and higher “Turned off”.
We click there and a list of synchronized information appears. By default, all items are active, but you can select the most important and necessary. We look through the first list, then click “Other elements” and set up the second list. You can, for example, only synchronize the Gallery, and when the Internet is turned on, these materials will be successfully saved.
How to enable backup
Backup is an excellent option if you need to change the device. Using Mi Cloud can back up applications, system and desktop settings. To enable, go to the same Mi Cloud settings and activate the option.
You can create a backup right away or set up a schedule. At the bottom it will be displayed which particular items are saved. And to restore the made copy, click on the inscription of the same name at the bottom of the window. A new blue screen appears with reservation information. Press again “Reestablish”. Done.
To disable synchronization and backup, you need to return to the settings menu and move the sliders to the “Off” mode.
How to remove Mi Cloud backup
If you need to remove specific copies, go to Cloud Storage, find the backup files and delete them. For more information about backup, copy methods and storage locations, see our special article on this topic.