Memory full Samsung what to do
Clean up memory, delete games and applications
Memory settings can be found here: Settings. Optimization. Memory.
As you can see, I have 15.1 GB of 16 GB available, and only 896 MB are free. How can I clear my memory? This is where the user data stats come to the rescue below.
- The documents take only 521 KB. there is no point in clearing, it is very small. If you have a lot of documents on your phone, delete unnecessary ones. Just select the items and click the “remove” button.
- Pictures take only 66.5 MB. also a little. To delete unnecessary pictures, select the items and click “delete”.
- Audio. 11.4 MB. Also select unwanted entries to delete.
- Video. 191 MB. You can delete some videos here to clean up some places.
- Application data takes up 1.5 GB. Here you can definitely find what to remove unnecessary. Rarely used programs are shown and how much space their data takes (updates, saves, and other user files). As you can see, you can delete multiple toy files. In this case, the applications themselves are not deleted.!
How to free up memory on Samsung?
What to do if the internal memory of your smartphone is full and you cannot install applications and games or upload photos and videos? How to clear memory?
Any smartphone has 2 types of memory: random access memory (RAM) and built-in memory (ROM). In this article, we will analyze how to optimize (free up) memory space by removing unnecessary data, for example, cached, residual and ad files, game and application cache.
On the optimization page, the device shows how much free memory you have.
To configure the internal memory, go to Settings. Optimization. Memory. Memory settings (upper right corner).
Here we see the statistics of storage usage
- Delete data and cache of applications and user data. video, audio, pictures. As you can see in the screenshot above, they take up 6.64 GB.
- To delete data for applications and games, select “Applications” and click on the desired program or game. Can clear data and cache.
- To delete pictures and videos, select “Pictures, Videos”.
- To delete music and recordings from the recorder, select “Audio”.
- Delete “other” files that are 3.27 GB in size. These are files downloaded via Bluetooth or the Internet, Android system files. Click the “browse” button and you will be taken to the device memory. Be careful not to delete working OS files!
- Delete cached data (occupies 272 MB). Select, press the “clear” button. this will delete the entire application cache. The applications themselves will not be deleted!
Internal memory usage statistics are updated every 2 weeks. For more accurate data, I advise you to update it before each manual memory cleanup.
Using my Samsung Galaxy A5 phone as an example, I showed how you can clear the internal memory of your phone if there is not enough space to install new applications and games.
Changing settings on an Android smartphone
Now let’s find out about a method that is ready to give more free memory than any other method. This is a radical way to free up memory on the phone, the essence of which. reset settings to factory state. The local storage will be formatted. As a result, we get a completely clean smartphone.
Important! We recommend this method only if the other methods did not help.
- We enter the “Settings” menu and find the item “System and device”.
- Open “Advanced settings” and at the end of the page click on “Restore and reset”.
- At the bottom of the list, select “Reset settings”.
- Click on “All files on the phone” and confirm the action.
Finally, we left one more good method that requires a small investment.
Clearing the cache
Another way to painlessly free up space on your phone is to delete the cache. Caches are temporary files designed to speed up data processing. Actively used data is placed here. Instead of reprocessing the data when loading the application, it is simply taken from the cache.
As in the past, small amounts of cache are useful, but large amounts. able to slow down the smartphone. Such a procedure is ready to give from 500 MB to 2-4 GB of free space and even more.
How to clear phone storage by deleting the cache:
- Open the “Settings” application.
- We are looking for the section “System and Device” and click on the item “Storage”.
Samsung mo1 storage problem solution
- After calculating the data occupied by the cache, click on the item “Cache data”.
- In the “Settings” menu, look for the “Applications” section.
- Select “All Applications”.
- Find the line “Google Play Store” and click on it.
- Below, click on the “Clear” button and select “Clear cache“.
Healthy! Often, special applications are used to delete the cache, they do not require root access and they do everything in a couple of clicks. For this we can use CCleaner or Clean Master.
Removing information from.thumbnails folder on Android
Probably few know, but when browsing the gallery, the Android system creates thumbnails. these are small snaps of pictures. Their main purpose is to increase the speed of the next file download. It is easy to guess that these sketches take up space and have minimal practical use.
What to do if the phone memory is full:
- We connect the smartphone to the PC and turn on the “File Transfer” mode.
- Open the “DCIM” section in the phone section.
- Go to the “.thumbnails” directory.
- Press Ctrl A and delete all content.
Over time, this section accumulates data for 1-2 GB. Only deleting them will help the phone, perhaps it will even stop slowing down.
Storage problem solution% All Samsung Android devices
Important! We recommend that you perform this action at regular intervals. Depending on the activity of using a smartphone, this is 1-3 weeks. If we forget to clean up, the same number of files will accumulate in the section again.
Android phone is empty but memory is full: 5 tips to fix the problem
How to clear Android phone memory? Is a question that interests many smartphone users. Lack of memory is one of the most common problems, as it can appear even on smartphones with large storage capacities. Typically, the problem is reported by the system message “Memory full”. At the same time, there really may not be free space on the device, and sometimes there is enough of it. This problem leads to a ban on downloading, updating, creating photos and videos. The phone turns into a device of little use, devoid of most of the functions.
The way out of the situation is to free up space or change the settings. We will show you 5 effective ways to eliminate the lack of free space on your smartphone.
Cleaning your phone from unnecessary files
If your Android phone’s memory is full, we recommend first uninstalling apps, downloads, and system junk. The largest amount of space on a smartphone is taken up by the download folder and installed applications. An effective way to free up enough memory is to remove all unnecessary.
How to clear internal phone storage:
- Analyze all applications on the smartphone desktop. Most likely, you will be able to find several unnecessary or little useful applications that have not been used for a long time. It is better to delete them in order to free up memory;
- Another common reason why the phone memory is full is that it contains a lot of videos and photos. We can filter out bad photos and useless videos. This may already solve the problem. If all the media data is needed or deleting it did not help free up enough memory, all that remains is to transfer the files. We recommend moving the data to a USB flash drive or transferring it to a computer;
- Clear downloaded files from instant messengers. By default, they download the sent photos to the phone. Because of this, various postcards, greetings, photos of strangers, etc., accumulate in the smartphone’s storage. The easiest way is to clear this section. use a computer. Through the explorer, we can open the folder of the same name from the messenger and remove its contents;
- Check the folder where the browser downloads all files. A lot of data accumulates here, cleaning it will help free up a lot of space.
These are the most effective ways to free up space on your phone, but they don’t help everyone. Did you still have an out of memory problem?. Read on.
Replacing the memory card
We can just get a larger microSD card. Modern smartphones usually support 128GB drives. With such a volume of storage, there should not be a lack of space.
Important! Many smartphones have a combo slot. This means that we can install either a 2nd SIM or a microSD card in the second slot. Have to prioritize correctly.
Brief summary: Memory shortages can be easily remedied by deleting temporary and useless files. If you want to save all the data, we can simply install a more capacious USB flash drive. If a lot of data from your phone is outdated, it makes sense to transfer everything you need to your computer and format your smartphone. Factory reset frees up the most space.
Any smartphone has a file system, it has both open and hidden files. As a rule, hidden files are created for the simple reason that inexperienced users can delete them and harm the normal operation of the operating system. However, the system has a.thumbnails folder, which contains unnecessary files that can accumulate there and take up a lot of space. This folder is hidden for the user and just can’t be seen.
To format.thumbnails, you need to use a custom application. You can use the same program called DiskUsage, it is able to see the hidden folder and clean it up. The folder is not protected from deletion, it is a system folder, but you can format it without any consequences. The program will independently find the.thumbnails folder and offer to clean it, the user just needs to agree.
Why is the phone memory full even though there is nothing there??
When the smartphone says “memory is full”, everyone starts looking for personal files and deleting them. Photos, music, videos fall under the distribution. But even after deleting hundreds of photos, it turns out that the internal memory of the phone is full and very little free. This is a common problem, everyone needs to know how to clean the phone memory and what you need to have for this. But initially you need to understand the most common reasons for its appearance.
How to free up storage space on All Samsung Galaxy phones
- files in the downloads folder;
- huge application cache;
- many installed programs;
- using software from unknown sources;
- browser download files;
- system failure;
- hidden files;
- files are stored on internal memory, not a card.
Sometimes users do not even know that the files have been downloaded in the system, they click on the download from the site, several gigabytes are downloaded and all these files are placed in the Downloads folder. The user can forget about these files, and finding them without a file manager is not so easy, they are not displayed in the gallery.
A common reason for the warning is that the phone has a small read-only memory. The user installs a memory card, but the files are still stored in the smartphone. You need to know how to transfer your files from your phone to a memory card and thereby solve the problem.
How to find out what is occupying memory space on Android
To determine what to do with the full memory, you first need to determine the cause of the problem. In this case, study the data that will consume space in the system. The first thing the user thinks about is to go into the smartphone settings and open the built-in space analysis tool. This is the right decision, if you enter this setting, you can see which files take up the most space. If this tool shows that most of the memory space is occupied by photos and videos, then the reader can quickly guess how to free up memory on the phone. you just need to delete unnecessary photos and videos.
But it happens that this tool shows incorrect data or does not display the memory load at all. In this case, most of the free space is occupied by “Other”, which is included in this section, the user does not know. Here it will not be possible to do without specialized software. For example, you can use the free DiskUsage app. which is freely downloadable from Google Play. There are already many more features and tools here.
In the application, the user will see a convenient diagram of files, and will also be able to look at information about how much space a particular file occupies in memory. In a matter of seconds, you will be able to find out which files are taking up the most space. This will give the most complete idea why the phone’s memory is full and will give an impetus to fix the problem. Depending on the type of files, and, as a rule, this is the cache of certain applications, you can delete them and free up space. The program even sees hidden files, so you can see everything in memory.
Important: the program does not display system files, the deletion of which can harm the system, the user cannot do any harm to his smartphone.
deleting all temporary files
Temporary files are created by various applications and accumulate in the system. The system should work in such a way that obsolete temporary files are deleted or updated with new ones. But, in fact, not all programs work like that, as a result, the memory on the phone fills up very quickly. Even maps from navigation will be loaded into the cache, after which they will remain there, even if you do not use them.
To quickly clean up all temporary files, do the following:
- Go to smartphone settings.
- Open the item “Storage” or “Data and memory”.
- In this section you need to find the section “Cache data”.
- By clicking on this item, you will see an offer to clear it, which you need to agree to.
All temporary files will be removed from the system, which can free up a huge amount of space. Sometimes it is temporary files that cause the free memory on the phone to run out and a warning appears in the notification shade.
cleaning unnecessary files
It should be remembered that today smartphones can shoot videos in 4K resolution, and such files take up a lot of memory space. Therefore, first of all, you should pay attention to exactly what is in the gallery. There may be a huge number of photos that you do not need at all: there may be 25 similar images, many unsuccessful photos, blurred images, duplicates
Remember that after deleting photos and videos, they do not disappear or free up memory, but go to the trash. A special album called “Basket” is located in the same gallery. Such a folder is needed for protection, so that the user cannot accidentally lose important photos and videos, they can always be restored from the trash. To free up memory here and now, you must also delete the photos and videos that have been moved to the trash in the trash.
It is also recommended to open the built-in file manager, and then go to the “Downloads” folder. This place stores all those files that you downloaded from various sites, through your browser or received these files via email, wireless connection with another smartphone. Check if you really need all the downloaded files, perhaps most of them can be permanently deleted. There may also be files that were accidentally uploaded.
transfer applications and data to a memory card
Programs are one of the most common reasons for the overload of the internal memory of a smartphone. Even if it is small and takes up several tens of megabytes during download, after installation the application will increase in size, moreover, at times. After the first launch, the application can download the necessary data to work from its server, and this will make the program 50 MB in size in several hundred megabytes, and sometimes the volume reaches a gigabyte or more. You cannot, and it is not necessary, to abandon some applications. You can transfer the application to a memory card and thereby free up the internal space of the smartphone.
- Go to smartphone settings.
- Select “Applications”.
- Select from the list the program that you want to transfer to the card.
- At the bottom there will be an item “Transfer to a memory card”.
Not all smartphones support this function, not all applications can work on the memory card. But, as a rule, it works and all program data will be transferred to the card, and the phone memory will be cleared.
Memory is full on Android, although there is nothing there: why and what to do
Almost every Android smartphone user has faced the problem when the phone’s memory is full, seeing a corresponding warning in the notification shade. This problem can manifest itself on any smartphone, be it Samsung, Huawei and Xiaomi, no one is insured, but especially at risk of devices with 8 and 16 GB of internal memory. It happens that the memory is full, although there is nothing there, this confuses users. Therefore, there are so many people who are looking for information on how to clear the memory on the phone and what needs to be done for this.
Each application installed on the phone creates its own cache folder. This is how any software works, because then the program works much faster, the files are always downloaded and unpacked. But it happens that updating the application cache does not delete old files. This leads to the accumulation of a huge number of files in the system, which, in fact, are completely unnecessary. The user does not see them and will never use them, the program also does not use the outdated cache. It makes sense to delete the entire application cache. This will free up memory, and the program will create new files, only relevant for it now.
- Go to smartphone settings.
- Select “Applications”.
- Sort all apps by their size.
- Open the first app.
- Select the item “Delete cache”.
- Confirm your action.
Also there you will see another item called “Delete all data”. If after deleting the cache, the memory is not free, then you should select it. But you should remember that personal information (correspondence, chats, passwords, etc.) will be deleted.
How to check free space on your smartphone
Faced with a problem for the first time, users begin to blame the manufacturer, developers, system, apparatus, and even their own shortsightedness. But at the same time they do not bother to check if the internal directory is really full.
Meanwhile, it is not so difficult to see statistics on the memory load of a smartphone or tablet. To assess the condition you will need:
- open “Settings”;
- select the category “About phone” or “About device”;
- go to the “Memory” tab.
Wait until the end of the calculations and see how many megabytes are actually occupied, and how much is still free. You can do it differently; find the item “Storage” in the settings.
In the window that opens, the ROM load will be displayed, divided into file types:
- “Applications and their data”;
- “Videos and Images”;
- “Other files”.
Item names may differ depending on the model and brand of the device.
Finding out the state of RAM is just as easy. To do this, you need to open the “Settings” and go to the “Application Manager”. On Samsung devices, press and hold the Home key for 1-2 seconds, then touch the memory icon on the left. The data is displayed here in the “Busy / Total” format, so you will have to do the calculations yourself.
Using the built-in cleaners
Later Android devices have built-in functionality to remove unused files that consume valuable memory. The cleaning process can be clearly seen on the example of Huawei / Honor phones.
- Open the “Phone Manager” application;
- Select the option “Memory cleanup”;
- Mark the data types that you want to get rid of;
- Start the uninstallation process and wait for it to finish.
Some files can be deleted manually without using a cleaner. But it is worth noting that many models also have more advanced cleaning.
The phone memory is full, although there is nothing there
Any mobile device, like a personal computer, has a special directory for storing system and user data. But unlike a hard drive, the internal storage of a smartphone has a limited amount of memory, which can be quickly depleted if used irrationally. When this happens, the system notifies the owner that there is not enough memory on the device, and they need to delete files and free up space. To prevent the occurrence of such an error, it is important to understand why this happens.
Millions of users communicate today via messengers. However, few people know that all photos and videos are stored not on their server, but in the phone’s memory, gradually filling it up. There are two ways to free up space.
- Delete multimedia files. select an unnecessary file with a long tap and click on the “Trash” icon. In the same way, you can get rid of several files at once;
- Delete the entire chat. open the correspondence with the user, and call the “Menu” by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner. In the “” subsection, select “Clear chat” from the list of options;
Next, you should check the root folders of the messenger, and delete outdated videos, pictures, music. This is done like this:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer;
- Find the “WhatsApp” directive in the internal memory and open it;
- Go to the “Media” folder and check the tabs with the “WhatsApp Images” pictures and the “WhatsApp Video” videos;
- Transfer files from smartphone to computer.
Having dealt with the media from instant messengers, proceed in the same way with music, videos and photos taken by the phone’s camera. You can also clear chats and other data in WhasApp through the “Storage”.
Moving data to the cloud
To optimize the usable space on the internal storage of Android and conveniently store user data (pictures, videos, audio recordings), there are convenient cloud services. Dropbox, Yandex.Disk, Cloud., Google Disk and Google Photo. The latter are part of the functionality of Android devices.
The cloud is a secure storage method that can only be accessed by the owner of the device and those with whom he shares the password. You can enter the virtual storage not only from a mobile phone, but also from any other device. For this you will need:
- Open the corresponding application on the smartphone;
- Press the “Upload” button and select one or several files.
Once uploaded to the cloud, files can be deleted. They will be stored on the server until the user deletes them himself. It should be borne in mind that some manufacturers set limits on file parameters and retention periods, after which the data is deleted automatically.
Using cleaning programs
Clearing memory using third-party applications is an unattractive idea, since the utilities themselves take up a lot of space on the internal storage, and in an active state they are accompanied by displaying ads. But if there is a need to use this method, it is worth choosing a proven product. the Clean Master. It weighs about 18 MB, has an intuitive interface, so it is suitable even for beginners.
After starting the program, you will need to define the task by choosing one of three points:
- “Garbage”. removes unused files from the built-in storage;
- “Device Acceleration”. frees up valuable megabytes of RAM;
- “Cooling”. unloads non-applicable applications and modules.
The program provides an antivirus and energy saving system. We also recommend that you check your Android for viruses.
Another popular program is “SD Maid”. To solve problems with cleaning memory, it is enough to install the free version. After opening the application, you will need to start scanning by pressing the button of the same name. When the results are displayed on the screen, press the “Run now” button. the memory will be cleared in a couple of seconds.
The phone memory is full, although there is nothing there! How to solve a problem?
The active use of mobile gadgets as an alternative to computers and laptops leads to various kinds of errors. Among the problems faced by owners of Android devices, a special place is occupied by malfunctions associated with insufficient memory. When trying to download a game or application, the system displays a message that there is no free space, although in reality there is enough megabytes or gigabytes available. The ban on installation, updating, photo and video recording limits the functionality of the device, turning it into an unsuitable device. The way out of the situation may be to optimize the usable space or change the settings. Therefore, if you encounter an error when the system writes that the phone’s memory is full on Android, and do not know what to do, read this material to the end and you can solve it in a few steps.