LG Setup For Pro
Connecting the game console to the TV is a standard procedure, but sometimes users encounter certain difficulties. What is the reason for this? Not always used TV, monitor or laptop, equipped with the necessary connectors. Therefore, you have to buy adapters or use unpopular interfaces today. How to connect a PS4 to a TV? We will answer this question as much as possible, and also analyze the intricacies of connecting the console to a computer monitor and laptop.
How to connect a PS4 to a TV
The initial setup step is to connect the PS4 to the TV. In principle, there is nothing complicated about this. It is enough to follow the step by step instructions:
- Connect the HDMI cable to the TV in the appropriate connector located on the side or on the rear panel.
- Insert the second cable plug into the HDMI connector of the Sony PlayStation game console.
- Plug in the power cable, and plug the other end into the set-top box connector.
- If you do not plan to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, then connect the network cable.
- Insert the small end of the microUSB cable to the DualShock joystick, and the second to the USB input of the game console.
To start the console, press the power button on the front of the console or hold down the PS4 key on the joystick. Setting up a PS4 and TV connection is only half the battle. For the console to work correctly, you need to connect it to the Internet. Now let’s see how this is done.
Wired internet connection is considered more reliable. Therefore, if possible, then connect the game console to the Wi-Fi router using an Ethernet cable that must be inserted into the LAN connector.
What is an internet connection for? You can enter multi-user mode, as well as download games from the PlayStation Store. Of course, cable connection is more secure, but less practical. Therefore, users prefer a wireless connection. Instructions for setting up Wi-Fi connection on the game console:
- Open the top navigation bar. To do this, take the joystick, and then press the button “Up”. Choose a section “Settings”.
- Go to the tab “Net”, and then select the option “Setting up an Internet connection”. The user is offered two options. “Lan” and Wi-Fi. Choose the second.
- A list of available networks will appear on the screen, select your home. Enter password. When prompted to use a proxy server, click on “Do not use”.
- To test the correctness of the Internet connection, select the option “Check your internet connection”.
When the connection is completed, register a new one or log in to an existing account. Choose a strong password, it is advisable to write it down so as not to forget in the future.
Connect PS4 to monitor
If you do not have a TV, then you can connect Sony Playstation to a computer monitor. We emphasize that setting up a connection will require much more effort and time than a standard connection to a TV. Many users believe that if you connect the game console to a PC, the image will immediately appear on the monitor screen. This is not true.
Computer cards that support the HDMI interface or any other ports for transmitting signals have only an output. This means that they are primarily intended for image transmission, not reception.
Using the Remote Play software, users can broadcast a picture from the game console to a computer monitor. However, if there is no access to the TV, then setting up the correct operation of all devices will still fail.
Almost all computer monitors are equipped with a DVI interface. You should save the adapter or HDMI-DVI wire to use it to connect the console. Do not forget that there are several versions of this interface: I, A, D. Before purchasing an adapter, check which connector the computer monitor is equipped with. Otherwise, serious connection problems may occur.
You can also use the VGA interface to connect a PC monitor and a PS4 console. Almost all computer displays are also equipped with it. There should not be a problem with the purchase of an HDMI-VGA adapter. If for some reason the adapter did not fit, then you can use the HDMI-VGA converter, equipped with an additional power system. It will convert the image to the desired stream. It is possible that you will have to slightly reduce the resolution. The cost of such a device varies from 600 to 1200 rubles.
Visually, the converter resembles a small box in which there are three inputs:
- Audio jack for headphones or speakers;
- Vga or DVI.
This option will definitely solve the problem. Converters without an additional power system will not allow you to configure synchronization with the PlayStation 4 game console. The audio jack in this unit is also not just like that. The fact is that the DVI and VGA interfaces are designed to transmit exclusively signal. Therefore, the adapter will also allow you to transmit sound.
Connect PS4 to laptop
Of course, all modern laptops are equipped with an HDMI interface, but users cannot connect the PS4 console in this way. The problem is that these connectors work to output information. Therefore, the logical question arises, how to connect the PlayStation 4 to a laptop? You need to get special adapters and an old RCA cable. To correctly configure the connection, follow a simple step-by-step instruction:
- We insert the plug into the special adapter, which is responsible for transmitting the signal, and then we connect the adapter to the laptop.
- Reset user console settings. To do this, press and hold the power button. As soon as the set-top box emits an appropriate sound signal, you can release the button.
- White and red RCA cable plugs insert an audio jack using a special av-jack adapter.
Perhaps this is the easiest and most effective way to connect the game console to the laptop. Be sure to switch audio and modes directly on the console. To do this, open the PS4 settings, and then select the tulips icon.
If the TV does not have HDMI
Can I connect a PS4 to an old TV? Yes, make it real. The main problem is that older versions of TV technology were produced without HDMI. Therefore, to configure the connection, you will have to use special adapters to other connectors. The most common option is “Tulips”.
Sony Playstation 4 is easily connected to the TV through an adapter for “tulips”. The main disadvantage of this connection method is the low image quality. However, if there is no other way, then use this option. Connection is carried out according to the same principle as in the case of a laptop. Problems with synchronization should not arise. Just insert the adapters into the appropriate connectors. After turning on the TV, select the desired signal source using the remote control.