iPhone XR how to take a screenshot
Can screenshots be edited and how to do it?
Yes, if necessary, you can edit the screenshot very simply by immediately clicking on the thumbnail that appears in the bottom corner. If you didn’t have time to click on it right after the screen. go to the Photos / Screenshots section, take a screenshot again, and this time manage to click on the image thumbnail. By clicking on it, you will be taken to the inline editing, where you can edit the borders of the picture, draw / draw graphics, write additional text and send the edited version to someone.
Click on the screenshot thumbnail in the lower left corner
iPhone XR How to Screenshot!
We edit the size in the application, add graphics, text
If you have problems: what to do when the buttons don’t work?
In the event of a malfunction of any of the buttons, there are alternatives to take a screenshot. One of the alternative ways. AssistiveTouch, a standard iPhone feature that few people know about, as it is in sleep mode by default. Its purpose. device control with gestures.
- Go to Settings
- Select the section “Basic”
- We pass to “Universal access”
We go “Settings”. “Basic”. “Universal access”
We find in the section “Physiology and motor skills” the item AssistiveTouch, move the button to the “On” mode.
Activating the AssistiveTouch function
After these steps have been performed, a new element of your display will appear. An AssistiveTouch floating button that can be positioned anywhere on the screen. By touching it, you will see options for commands, one of which will be “Take a screenshot”.
A menu appears with commands, among which. “Take a screenshot”.
Another option is to save screenshots. special applications. We will tell you about one of them, it is called Awesome Screenshot. This application will be able to take a screenshot of the entire page of the site opened in Safari or part of it within the screen, since it is a free extension of the Safari browser.
- Search the AppStore and download the Awesome Screenshot for Safari app
- After installation, go to Safari under Actions
- Click on the Screenshot section and set the slider to the on position
- The finished pictures can be edited in the mini-editor of the application (crop edges, add text and graphics).
Enter the name of the site in the application
Choosing the full version (if necessary)
The full version of the page is saved as a screenshot
The instruction is suitable for devices
- iPhone 11/11 Pro / 11 Pro Max;
- iPhone X / XS / XS Max;
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 7 / 7Plus;
- iPhone 8/8 Plus;
- iPhone 6 / 6s / 6S Plus / 6 Plus;
- iPhone 5 / 5S.
All pictures and videos in this article are created using the iPhone 8 as an example.
How to take a screenshot on new iPhone models “Without home button” and what kind of devices they are?
The following smartphones: iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XS, XS Max, XR, X. modern frameless iPhones, which no longer have a physical Home button. Accordingly, the keyboard shortcut in these devices is also different. To create a screenshot on this device, you need to simultaneously hold down and immediately release 2 keys. lock and volume up button.
Lock button and volume up button to take a screenshot on a device without a Home button
This is the only difference between creating a screenshot and “button” models, the rest of the process is the same. a camera click sounds, the screen freezes and turns white for a split second, and a screenshot image appears in the lower left corner. You can also immediately click on it if you need to edit, or do nothing, and it will be automatically saved. To find it later, go to either the “Photos” section or the “Screenshots”.
How to take a screenshot on an iPhone?
In the digital age, we deal with a huge amount of information every day, often we have to search and study it literally on the run. We need to share this data with family, friends, colleagues and other people every day for a variety of purposes. A screenshot helps us to save documents, a route diagram, fragments of chats, contacts and other important data from the smartphone screen in a matter of seconds. screenshot of your smartphone. In the modern rhythm of life, it is so important to be able to use this useful and easy function.
In this article, we will tell you about the possible ways to take a screenshot on your iPhone as the latest models. where there is no physical Home button (models X, XR, XS and XS Max, and iPhones 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max), and on previous versions of iPhones with a button (iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 6, SE and on older models). And we will also share “non-button” methods that allow you to capture a screen image, which can be useful if the buttons do not work.
How to take a screenshot on iPhones with a Home button?
To take a screenshot on versions with a button, you need to simultaneously short press the Home button (the round button below the screen) and the lock key (on iPhone 6, 6S, 7, 8 it is located on the right side surface, on iPhone 4. 4S, 5, 5S, SE. On the upper side surface). And after a short simultaneous press, quickly release the buttons.
To take a screenshot, quickly press and release the Home buttons and the Lock key
What’s going to happen? You will hear a sound like a camera click and the screen will momentarily turn white. After that, in the lower left corner of the screen you will see a thumbnail image of the screenshot you just made.
A screenshot thumbnail appeared in the lower right corner.
If the sound of the device is turned off, then the camera click will not be heard, you will only visually see “taking pictures”. If you click on the thumbnail that appears in the lower corner. a graphic editor will open, where you can edit the screenshot (we will tell you more about this and show the process in step 4). To save the image if you have already clicked on it. click the “Done” button in the upper left corner, then select “Save to Photo”. If you did not open the screenshot image, it will be saved by default, you can find it both in “Photos” and in the “Screenshots” section.
The screenshot is additionally saved in the “Screenshots” section (in addition to “Photos”)
How to share a screenshot?
The screenshot can be sent via regular messages or any messenger. To do this, in the screenshot editing mode, click on the “Share” icon in the upper right corner (see pictures), and select any of the methods that open in the menu (Messages, Mail or the messenger you need).
Select the “Share” button in the upper right corner
Choosing the desired method of sending the screen
How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone XR (2 Ways)
How to take a picture of the screen by pressing two buttons on iPhone?
- For iPhone 6/6 Plus, 6s / 6s, Plus 7/7 Plus:
How to take a screenshot of the screen on iPhone
The function of creating screenshots is considered very popular today, because allows you to capture and share important information. The procedure for creating screenshots for Android and Apple devices differs markedly in the aLGorithm, therefore, new iPhone users at first get lost and wonder how you can take a screenshot on an iPhone.
Taking screenshots using the on-screen menu (AssistiveTouch)
- After selecting “Accessibility”, enable the AssistiveTouch option by activating the slider;
- After activation, an icon will appear on the screen as in the screenshot below;
This option is most relevant if any button on the device is not functional. AssistiveTouch lets you use a non-functional button right on your iPhone display.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone?
The following methods of taking screenshots are common:
- Simultaneously pressing the Home and Lock buttons. After the snapshot, the created screenshot will be saved in the Gallery and will be available for use and sending to social networks / email;
- It consists in using an option called “AssistiveTouch”, this method is suitable for those users who are too lazy to hold down two device buttons at the same time, and this method is not uncommon for those Apple users who have faulty buttons on their gadgets.
Screenshot Editing Apps
As practice shows, many people prefer to share screenshots. In this case, applications that allow you to edit photos will be relevant. Popular among them is, for example, “Screenshot Maker Pro”. will allow you to add various effects to the image, resize and add different frames after you have managed to take a screenshot.
Screenshot Maker Pro is an English-language application, but nevertheless has an intuitive interface. Its main disadvantage is the need to purchase a paid version if you plan to access the application several times a day, but the developers allow you to use Screenshot Maker Pro no more than twice a day for free.
The analogue of this application is in no way inferior to “Screenshot. Frame Maker”, after installing it on the iPhone, you must perform the following sequence of actions:
- After launching the application, click on the plus sign;
- A folder with your photos will open, among which you need to select the screenshot we need;
- After selecting the desired picture, you will find yourself in a menu where you can select frames;
- It remains to choose what to do with the edited photo, the result of editing can be seen in the image below.
How to take a screenshot on an Iphone XR
First, it’s worth mentioning that tenth models lack a physical Home key. Due to this, the method of taking a screenshot has changed. This applies in particular to the X, XR, XS Max and XS models.
The options performed by that key are assigned to the on / off button. It is located on the right side of the gadget and is responsible for the function of screenshots.
To take a screenshot of the screen, follow these steps:
- Go to the content you want to take a snapshot of.
- Press the volume up key and the side button at the same time.
- When the smartphone is in sound mode, a characteristic signal will follow. A preview of the resulting screenshot will pop up. Touch it to edit if required.
- Click the preview to instantly share your screenshot via messages, social media, and more. Or just save the screenshot on your device. To do this, you just need to remove it by swiping it to the side. It will automatically go to the gallery.
Attention! It is not always possible to take a picture the first time. Better to press the volume up button a split second later. And if you hold down only the on / off button for a long time, Siri will start. By default, this key is responsible for this function.
Taking a screenshot on an iPhone gadget
People planning to upgrade from an iPhone 8 or older to an iPhone XR will find it a little strange at first when trying to take a photo. The new smartphone does not have a Home button, because of this, taking screenshots is done a little differently.
How to take a screenshot on an Iphone XR
The new iPhone products have a simple and convenient method for taking screenshots using the keys. At the same time, it differs slightly from the method on previous devices. Here, the user will learn how to take a screenshot on the iPhone XR in several ways.
The presented and other tenth iPhone models are equipped with the Assistive Touch function, which allows you to take pictures with one hand. But before that, you need to configure the function.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select the sequence: “General” → “Accessibility” → “Assistive Touch”.
- Move the slider next to the function. The screen will display a translucent Assistive Touch button that can be moved anywhere on the screen.
- Select the top menu and click on the star icon.
- Select “Screenshot”. The Assistivetouch menu will add the ability to take a screenshot. It will also be possible to replace standard actions with others at your discretion.
- Go to the content to take a snapshot and tap the virtual key on the screen. Usually, a screenshot sound will be heard and there will be a flash. The snapshot will be automatically saved to your mobile device.
The above methods demonstrate in detail how to take a screenshot on an Iphone XR
The user can only decide for himself which method is more convenient and easier for him to use. often people prefer the second method.