Iphone X How to Create a Folder
Create folders on your iPhone. A terrific way to reduce clutter on your home screen. Grouping applications together also makes it easier to use your phone. if all your applications are in one place, you don’t have to look for a hunt through folders or look for the icon of your phone when you want to use it.
How to create folders is not immediately obvious, but as soon as you learn how to do it, you will realize that it is very simple. Follow these steps to create folders on your iPhone.
Create folders and group apps on iPhone
1. To create a folder, You will need at least two applications to place in the folder. Find out which two you want to combine.
2. Press and hold one of the applications lightly. until all the applications on the screen start to tremble (this is the same process that you use to move applications).
3. Drag one of the applications on top of another. When the first application overlaps the second, take your finger off the screen. This step will create a folder.
4. What you see next depends on which version of iOS you are using. In iOS 7 and above, the folder and its proposed name occupy the entire screen. In iOS 4-6, you will see two applications and a name for the folder in a small strip on the screen.
5. You can edit the folder name, by clicking on the name and using the on-screen keyboard.
6. If you want to add more applications to the folder, click on another application, to drag it into an already created folder. Then drag and drop applications into the new folder or the same folder as the previously created one.
7. When you have added all the applications you need and edited her name, click the home button at the bottom of the iPhone, and your changes will be saved (as with the re-arrangement of icons).
8. To modify the contents of an existing folder, press and hold the folder, until she starts to move.
9. Touch her a second time., and the folder will open and its contents will fill the screen.
10. Change folder name, by clicking on the text.
eleven. Add apps, by dragging them.
12. Press the home button,to save changes.
What name is automatically assigned to the folder
When you first create a folder, iPhone gives it a name. This name is selected depending on the category to which the applications in the folder belong. If, for example, applications are downloaded from the games category in the App Store, the suggested folder name. Games. You can use the suggested name or add your own using the instructions in step 5 above.
Adding folders to iPhone Dock
Four applications at the bottom of the iPhone live in what is called a dock. If you want, you can add folders to the dock. For this:
1. Move one of the applications, currently in the dock, dragging it to the main area of the main screen.
2. Drag the folder to an empty space.
3. Press the home button, to save changes.
Create folders on iPhone 6S, 7, 8, and X
Creating folders on the iPhone 6S and 7 Series, as well as the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, is a bit more complicated. This is because the 3D Touch screen on these devices reacts differently to different taps on the screen. If you have one of these phones, do not press too hard in step 2 above or it will not work. Easy touch and hold.
Removing applications from folders
If you want to remove the application from a folder on your iPhone or iPod touch, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold a folder, from which you want to remove the application.
2. When applications and folders begin to move, remove your finger from the screen.
3. Click on the folder from which you want uninstall application.
4. Drag the application from the folder, to an empty area of the desktop.
5. Press the home button, to save the new location.
Delete a folder on iPhone
Deleting a folder is similar to deleting an application.
1. Just drag and drop all apps from the folder and to the desktop.
2. When you do this, the folder will disappear.
3. Press the home button, to save changes, and you’re done.