Iphone Shows No Network What To Do
Time correction to restore access to the cellular network
- Connect to an active Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings. General.
- Open Date and Time.
- Activate the item Automatically.
- If the switch “Default” is active, then turn it off and turn it on again.
- Reboot iPhone.
As you can see, the method is very simple and at the same time quite effective. However, you definitely need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network for the iPhone to register with the Apple server. Otherwise, cellular communication will not come to life.
Iphone does not see the network. Simple solution to the problem
Reading time: 2 minutes
After manipulating the iPhone firmware or its hardware, there are often cases when the iPhone does not see the network. There can be many reasons for this problem, but one of the most common is a failure in the current date and time zone settings. Today we will look at the main ways to solve this problem.
After flashing iOS or replacing the SIM card, it happens that the iPhone says “no network”. In place of the operator’s logo is the inscription “No network”. This situation immediately reduces the capabilities of the device and actually turns it into a player. Often, users take the device to a service center, where they try to return the connection for an additional fee, although in most situations the problem when the network on the iPhone disappears can be solved on their own.
The secret lies in the peculiarities of iOS itself. The iPhone does not catch the network if the time zone and date / time do not match the current values. It is very easy to fix the situation by simply connecting the smartphone to a Wi-Fi network and performing a number of simple manipulations.
What to do if there is no wireless access point nearby?
In this case, the simplest solution would be to create a Wi-Fi network using another iPhone that can connect to the mobile Internet and distribute the wireless network. This is quite simple to do:
- Go to Settings. Cellular. Cellular data network.
- In the Modem mode section, in the APN field, enter the network identifier. It depends on your mobile operator. The corresponding settings can be found in the technical support of the operator.
- The Username and Password fields can be left blank.
- Return to the Cellular menu and go to the Modem Mode section.
- Activate Tethering.
After these manipulations, a new item will appear in the main settings menu. Modem mode. After its activation, the device will start to “distribute” the Internet.
If this method is also unavailable (the inscription on the iphone “network search” is saved), then all that remains is to restore the iOS firmware.
First, you have to download the firmware file, connect your smartphone to a computer with iTunes installed. In the app, select Recover.
If even after these manipulations the iPhone does not levitate the network, then the problems may be related to the hardware of the device and you cannot do without going to the service center.
Iphone Won’t Charge. Software Reasons
Among the reasons why it is impossible to charge the iPhone, there are software reasons, and some experts call them prevailing. The main software reason is a software failure (at the level of the smartphone firmware), which for some reason does not give commands to the phone’s controller to charge, therefore charging simply does not occur.
Also, the reason why the iPhone refuses to charge is the user using an incorrect (custom) firmware in his device (similar firmware is available for versions of the first generation iPhone, iPhone 3G and 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4Rev A).
The iPhone won’t charge, but it shows it is charging. What to do
Some of the iPhone users may face a situation where, when the charger is connected, their smartphone simply does not charge, and the reasons for this dysfunction may be the reasons for both hardware and software levels. In this material I will tell you what to do if the iPhone does not charge, but it shows that it is charging, I will describe the causes of this problem and the features of the methods for solving it.
- Iphone won’t charge. Hardware reasons
- Iphone Won’t Charge. Software Reasons
- How to fix iPhone charging problem
- Error correction illustration
Iphone won’t charge. Hardware reasons
The reasons iPhone won’t charge but shows it is charging are as follows:
- Damage (breakage) of the cable. If your cable has been damaged (physical wear, animals, children, etc.), then you will not be able to charge your iPhone, and in some cases you will see signs of charging, but de facto it will not happen;
- Broken charging port (Lightning). Usually caused by physical wear and tear, as well as strong (sharp) movements of the user when connecting and disconnecting the cable;
- Port clogged with dirt. In the process of long-term use of the phone, staying it on various fleecy (dirty) surfaces, the socket can become clogged with small pieces of wool, dirt, dust, etc., which leads to insufficient contact of the cable plug with the port;
Port clogging with dirt
- Charger problem. For some reason (physical wear or incomplete compliance with the declared characteristics) your device does not give the declared charging parameters (usually 5V and 1A), and this leads to various problems with charging the smartphone. This is especially true for devices from little-known manufacturers (the so-called “noname”);
- Battery problem (usually wear and tear). Over time, the battery depletes its resource and needs to be replaced. If you have been using your iPhone for a long time, or purchased it from your hands, then it is likely that the battery of your device has exhausted its resource;
Iphone battery wear
- Physical damage to the phone board. If your phone received any physical damage, fell or experienced any other mechanical stress, then it is quite possible that they adversely affected its functionality, including the ability to charge it;
- Problems in the controller responsible for charging the phone.
How to fix iPhone charging problem
So, if you have a situation that your iPhone is not charging, but shows that it is charging, then do the following:
- Try to completely discharge your device and then charge it;
- Hard reset your device. Hold down the On / Off and Home buttons with the device turned on, and hold until the screen turns off and the Apple logo reappears on it (it may take 30 seconds). After rebooting, try charging your smartphone again;
Hard reset iPhone
- Recover via iTunes. Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, click on “Device” on the top left, then click on “Backup” and wait until the procedure is complete. Then click on Restore and wait for the process to complete;
- Check the charge controller (or bottom cable) at the service center. If your iPhone does not charge, loses power quickly, gets very hot, then this may be an indicator of the controller’s “fault”. If the controller is out of order, repair (replace) it;
- Replace the battery. If you have been using the phone for a long time, the battery may have worn out. Replace it.
- Contact the nearest service center, perhaps a significant breakdown of the board of your smartphone due to some accidental physical impact.
Error correction illustration
Above, I listed the reasons why the iPhone does not charge, but it shows that it is charging, and also listed what to do in this situation. A good option is to hard reset the device, as well as clean the smartphone port from the dirt accumulated there. If you have tried all the options, but nothing helps, then contact the nearest service center. Perhaps the problem of poor charging is in the device board itself, and your device needs a thorough repair.
How to setup?
Everything about the Internet, networks, computers, Windows, iOS and Android
No network on iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. What to do?!
In the world of Apple phones from Apple, not everything is as smooth as the manufacturer draws. The “No network” error on an iPhone is one of the most unpleasant phenomena. over, she met on the iPhone 4, then on the iPhone 5 and 5S. And the sixth version was not spared by this nuisance either.
There are three cases in which this error can appear.
1 The phone was brought to Russia unofficially and locked under a certain operator.
Many people who bought an iPhone on EBay or other foreign exchanges faced this. Due to this, the price of the device comes out significantly lower. Only now such a phone will not work without unlocking and will give this iPhone an “No network” error. There is only one way out in this situation. To bring it to a specialist and pay for unlocking. You can’t think of anything else.
2. Software failure of the smartphone.
This also happens. It’s all Chinese, although there is an Apple nameplate. Restart your phone first. If it does not find the network again, then try to go into the settings and move the “Airplane mode” slider back and forth several times:
It’s funny, but sometimes it works.
If you have just updated the firmware or reflashed your iPhone, after which the message “No network” appears, then very often the reason is the wrong time and date. To change it. Connect your phone to a WiFi network with Internet access. After that. Go to Settings General Date and Time:
There you need to find the slider automatically and set it to active mode. If it is already on, turn it off and on again. After that, restart the device.
The reason for the appearance on the iPhone of the “No network” error may be a failure in the settings of this cellular network itself. Try resetting them to factory defaults. To do this, go to Settings General Reset:
Click on the “Reset network settings” button. The phone will give you this confirmation:
Click on “Reset settings”, after which you need to reboot and check if the network has appeared.
If all else fails, try updating your iPhone through iTunes. If there is a backup. Try to roll back to it.
3. The last possible cause is a hardware problem with the phone.
Most often. With an antenna. Or a radio module. If the “No Network” error on the iPhone appeared after you wet it or dropped it, then most likely this is what led to the problem. There is only one way out. A trip to the service center. I’ll tell you right away. Repairs are usually not cheap, so get ready for financial expenses.
Check if the SIM card is working?
Unfortunately, SIM cards also fail. Therefore, first of all, check if the SIM card in your iPhone works. This can be done, for example, by installing a SIM card in another smartphone.
No network, search, or why iPhone can’t see operator SIM
Sometimes users face such a problem while traveling, using roaming, after reinstalling iOS, hardware repairs (battery or display replacement) of the smartphone, or a long period of inactivity (without recharging). The operator logo disappears on the iPhone and there is no connection to the cellular network. Let’s try to figure out what in such cases is the cause of the “breakdown” and how to fix it.
The problem is aggravated by the fact that employees of service centers, Ukraine, Belarus, etc. They are far from always able to identify the real reason for the lack of connection to the cellular network (or deliberately hide it) and perform a number of expensive procedures. From a simple reinstallation of iOS and ending with hardware repair using a soldering iron and other “jewelry” tools.
What to do if instead of the operator on the iPhone it says “no network” or the smartphone does not see the SIM card after repair (flashing)
In the event of the described problem, first of all, you need to look at the set time. If the smartphone does not correctly display the current time and date, then the following simple algorithm of actions must be performed:
1. Connect the device to an active Wi-Fi network;
2. Go to Settings → General → Date and time;
3. Toggle the “Automatic” checkbox to the active position (if set by default. Turn it off and on);
4. Restart iPhone.
. No network, search or what to do when the iPhone does not see the operator’s SIM card while roaming abroad
If you have ever traveled abroad with your iPhone, you may have encountered this problem. You turned off your smartphone during the flight, and when you turned it on, your device does not connect to the cellular network, but displays the message “No network”. What to do?
The Apple Tech Support forum has a corresponding discussion thread with a million pages to read. But even if you honestly start reading everything to figure it out, you will not get an answer to your question even after a few hours of careful reading.
The system message “No network” (Searching for a network) appears when your iPhone or iPad (yes, the problem is also relevant for “apple” tablets) cannot connect to it, or connects to the operator, but cannot establish a connection with any Internet or cellular network. You can even see the name of the operator who serves you. But then it will disappear anyway.
This error can have several reasons at once. But first, you should exclude the most common and simplest of them. And anyone can do it.
Switch from LTE (4G) to 3G
1. Open your iPhone or iPad Settings.
2. Select Cellular → Voice and data.
3. Click on the Voice and Data label and change LTE to 3G or 2G.
Why should you do this? Experience shows that not all mobile operators abroad provide roaming in fourth generation networks (4G / LTE). As a result, which is logical, your iPhone or iPad is not connected to networks. Simply because there is nothing there for “foreigners”. And the easiest way to solve this problem is to look for networks of the previous, third generation (3G), because it is difficult to imagine a more or less developed country where there are none.
Let’s repeat. This situation has nothing to do with 4G coverage of foreign operators. They can provide 4G networks to local subscribers, but not to visitors.
Try it. It really helps :).
Well, let’s look at the options for solving the problem from among those that Apple offers us.
1. Turn off and on your iPhone (iPad)
2. Update operator settings
3. Take out the SIM card and insert it back
4. Reset network settings
Settings → General → Reset → Reset network settings. Keep in mind that this operation resets Wi-Fi passwords, cellular network settings, and preset VPN / APN settings.
5. Update iOS on iPhone and iPad to the current version (details)
6. Contact your cellular operator for help
Check with him if the account is active, if there are any technical problems with communication in your region.
7. Reset iPhone or iPad to factory settings (detail)
What to do if WiFi is connected but there is still no Internet
Connecting to a WiFi router in Windows 8. DHCP on the router does not issue an IP address
Typically, the router will automatically provide network information for connecting computers. However, in the case of budget models, this service may not work stably. Because of this, WiFi can be connected, but without internet access. In this case, you just need to enter the data manually. The problem is solved by simply rebooting the router, as described above.
Windows firewall or antivirus is blocking the signal
The problem is solved in the following way. We just need to change the type of network. The system provides three options:
In the first case, the system provides free access to files and the ability to access the global network, which is why the Wi-Fi on the laptop is connected, and the Internet does not work. The fact is that groups can be protected by a firewall, which simply blocks the global connection to preserve data confidentiality.
In order to switch the network type, you need to enter the “Network Control Center”. This is done by right-clicking on the network icon in the tray. In the menu that appears, select “Network Control Center”. Next, we see our connection and its type. If you have a work or social group installed, then click on it and in the window that appears, simply select “Home network” and close all windows.
If this does not help, the laptop connects to WiFi, but there is no Internet connection, then the firewall can be turned off. However, be warned that this is built-in security that protects the system from unauthorized access and malware. It is not recommended to disable it. But if you nevertheless decide to disable the service, then this is done as follows.
In the start menu, open the “Control Panel”, then follow this path. System and Security Windows Firewall. In the window that appears in the left menu, you need to open the item “Enabling and disabling the firewall”. Here we see that the service can be disabled for home and workgroup, and separately for the public network. Disable the first option and click “OK”.
Now, if you have set the home group type, then the firewall will not block the Internet access.
Why is there no Internet, what to do if everything is in order with the router settings, and restarting it did not help? This suggests that it’s not the router, but the computer itself. There may be several reasons for this:
- Firewall or antivirus blocking access to the global network.
- DHCP on the router did not issue an IP address.
- You are trying to connect to someone else’s network, the owner of which is not happy with guests.
- Weak signal strength. (You can read how to amplify the signal here)
- Internet access is available, but the tray icon still highlights limited access to the WiFi network.
It often occurs when the wireless network icon in the tray is indicated with limited access, but there is still an Internet connection. In that case, just ignore this one. Just use the connection. Also, limited access can be the result of a weak signal, due to a strong distance from the access point. The solution to the problem is to place the computer closer to the signal source or install a repeater.
How to easily find the IP address of a WiFi router
So, after you have registered the desired address in the browser, you should press “Enter”. A window will appear asking you to enter your username and password to enter the system. If no one has changed the security settings, then by default it is admin, admin, respectively. Click “Ok”. Now we are in the router control system.
First of all, you should check the network settings (Network), in particular, we are interested in the WAN item. This is the global network. Typically, providers provide network data automatically. Therefore, in the Internet connection settings, in the WAN Connection Type line, you should select Dynamic IP. This means that the router will automatically receive all the necessary information.
If, with such settings, there is no Internet connection on the laptop, although there is a WiFi network connection, then you must enter the data manually. To do this, you need an agreement that you entered into with the provider when connecting. It contains all the information you need to configure. If for some reason there is no such agreement, then you should contact the customer support center. You can find out the operator number on the official website of the provider.
What data are we interested in? Everything is simple here:
- IP address.
- Subnet Mask.
- Default Geteway.
- Primary DNS Server (PrimaryDNS).
- Secondary DNS server (SecondaryDNS).
To enter the data, we need to change Dynamic IP, to Static IP in the WAN settings menu.
After entering these data, you should restart the router and reconnect to it. It should be noted that the router takes about 5-10 minutes to reboot (depending on the model). So you have to wait a bit.