IPhone se won’t turn on while charging
iPhone turns on but black screen is on
Conventionally, the reasons why the iPhone turns on and off while charging, performs a spontaneous reboot, are divided into hardware and system. It is software glitches that are most often to blame for the fact that the iPhone turns off immediately. If your iPhone stops turning on, you need to diagnose the device. When the cause of the breakdown is the firmware, then you need to do the following:
- connect charger
- leave the phone on charge for 15-30 minutes
- try turning on your smartphone
- if the phone turns on, restart it. press the Home button and the Power button at the same time
If the reason that the iPhone turns on and off immediately lies in system failures, after a forced restart of the device, the “apple” logo will appear on the iPhone screen and iOS will start loading. Charge your phone fully and test it. If the problem persists, look for another cause of the problem.
The “apple” is constantly lit on the phone screen
A common situation is when the iPhone turns on, the charging indicator appears on the screen, after which it goes out and the “apple” logo appears, or a notification that it will soon be discharged. If the iPhone freezes and turns off immediately after turning it on, most likely the reason is a system crash when restoring from a backup. Restarting the gadget and restoring from iTunes will help solve this problem.
- make sure the battery is charged and not discharged anytime soon
- prepare your computer and USB cable
- sync iPhone to PC
- turn off your iPhone while holding the Home button and the Power button
- hold down the power button and wait for the iTunes application logo to appear on the screen
- release the power button and start recovery mode on the computer
After the restore is complete, iPhone turns off immediately. Charge your iPhone and wait until it is full. Then press and hold the power button for a while and, if necessary, reboot the device. If this did not help to solve the problem, and still after turning on the iPhone turns off immediately, a professional iPhone diagnostics is required.
iPhone turns on and off while charging
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
A very common problem faced by users of Apple gadgets when the iPhone turns on and off while charging. There are many reasons why the iPhone starts to turn off and you can fix many of them yourself.
To solve the problem of turning on, spontaneous reboot or failure of the shutdown button at home, it is necessary to consider in detail all the possible causes of the malfunction and how to repair them.
The phone stopped turning on due to hardware problems
If iPhone stops turning on when charging is connected after being bumped or dropped, a component of the phone may be damaged. In this case, the charging indicator is on on the screen, the Power button (shutdown button) responds to commands, but the phone does not work correctly. To find out if this is so, you need to make a professional diagnosis of the device.
The main components that affect phone performance are as follows:
- motherboard. if the motherboard fails, the phone turns on, then the screen goes blank and the device turns off
- Charging controller. if you cannot connect the charger due to the plug not being inserted all the way, make a diagnosis of the charging controller. The smartphone may have stopped turning on because of it
- Power button. if the contact of the shutdown button is oxidized, sooner or later the phone turns off and does not turn on anymore. In this case, mandatory diagnostics and repairs are required.
- battery cable. when the cable connecting the battery to the microcircuit leaves, the iPhone does not charge correctly, so it periodically turns off and turns on spontaneously
If your iPhone stops charging, or periodically turns off and on due to hardware problems, it’s not recommended to make repairs on your own. Diagnostics and replacement of faulty parts of the gadget should be carried out using professional equipment.
IPhone shuts down due to unstable charging source
If your phone doesn’t charge when you turn it on, or starts turning on but turns off immediately, an unstable iPhone charging source could be the cause. If you charge your iPhone in a garage, car, or country house, it affects the device’s performance, since the power supply in such places is unstable. To prevent damage to your phone, follow these guidelines:
- if iPhone turns off and on regularly, do device diagnostics
- only charge your smartphone in places where the power supply is stable
- do not use charging from other phones
- try not to use car chargers
If you follow the recommendations for using the iPhone, as well as regularly diagnose the device, iPhone problems occur much less often.
Improper use of smartphone battery
If iPhone turns on and immediately turns off, or spontaneously reboots and the shutdown button does not respond, the battery may be faulty. If you have been using an iPhone for more than a year, then the loss of battery capacity is quite natural and replacing this part will help solve the problem. When the iPhone is almost new, the battery breakdown is most likely caused by the following factors:
- using a non-original charger. despite the similarity of the original and Chinese-made chargers, they differ in the way they supply current, as a result of which the battery fails, so the iPhone starts to turn on and immediately turns off
- regular power fluctuations. using the original iPhone charger does not always guarantee battery health. With constant power surges, the battery breaks down prematurely, so the iPhone turns on and starts to die out, or a notification appears on the screen that the device will soon be discharged
- moisture ingress. if even a small amount of moisture enters the battery, the battery breaks down, so the iPhone turns off immediately, or does not charge when turned on
Mechanical damage, falls, and shocks can also cause the iPhone to turn on and off. If the iPhone starts to turn on and off, the charging icon is always on on the display, it is recommended to diagnose the device.
iPhone is dead and won’t turn on while charging. what to do
The smartphones of the “apple” manufacturer, although they differ in the quality of workmanship, but the technology deteriorates over time. Therefore, users find that the iPhone is dead and won’t turn on while charging. Smartphone owners panic. it is expensive to repair Apple products, even if the model has been on the market for a long time. The list of possible causes of breakdown is not limited to a banal fall or falling into water, so you need to carefully examine the phone. In some cases, it is possible to correct the situation on our own, and in this article we will consider how to turn on the iPhone if it is completely discharged and stops giving “signs of life”.
If your iPhone is completely discharged and won’t turn on after an incorrect update or firmware, a hard reset will fix the problem. For this you need:
- hold down the “Power” and “Home” keys;
- wait for the Apple logo to appear;
- the phone will reboot and turn on.
This method will help if older models, including “seven”, “six”, “five” or iPhone 5S, will not turn on or charge after being discharged. Hard reset of new models occurs differently, this is done to protect user information from accidental clicks.
- Quickly press the volume up key.
- Press the volume down key quickly.
- Hold the side button until the “apple” logo appears.
After the performed manipulations, the smartphone will turn on.
Often the reason that the iPhone sat down and does not turn on while charging is a faulty cable. In the places where the wire and the adapter are connected, users find creases. No electricity is supplied to the device, so a discharged phone will not turn on. It is worth carefully examining the charging. this will allow you to detect a breakdown in time.
Connect the iPhone to another charger. if the phone turns on, then the cable will have to be replaced, sometimes the breakdown cannot be detected with the naked eye. Also, the reason may lie in a faulty outlet, so you should not panic ahead of time. A banal solution to a problem often turns out to be the right way.
Users complain that after being completely discharged, the iPhone will not turn on due to being dropped or submerged in water. Only a technician in a service center can reliably find out why a smartphone does not want to work. The reason lies in the breakdown of the battery, cables, display, motherboard or processor. the technique requires careful handling. The experts warn that it is better not to look inside the device unnecessarily, so as not to break the iPhone. And simple tips will help to avoid breakdowns:
- do not discharge the phone to zero;
- let your smartphone “rest”;
- update iPhone only using official programs and firmware;
- charge the device with specialized chargers.
Follow these rules, and then the iPhone will work for a long time without errors. And remember that smartphones also have an operational life, and old equipment fails due to age.
Judging by the messages on the forums, such a negative phenomenon is rare, but it does take place. And this must be somehow dealt with. It is good that in the overwhelming majority of cases you can do without going to a service workshop. This means you can save a lot of money (yes, repairing the iPhone 7 and other models is not cheap).
Why won’t my Apple smartphone turn on after plugging in the power adapter? The reasons are as follows:
- The device was in a discharged state for a long time (from several days or more);
- A software failure has occurred;
- The charging socket is damaged, or there is some other hardware failure preventing the phone from being powered up.
If iPhone is dead and won’t charge. what to do?
Based on the listed factors, we will consider effective solutions.
- When the battery is completely exhausted, connect the original “charger” to the iPhone, connect it to the mains and wait about fifteen minutes. At first, the screen will be black, but later an icon should appear indicating the start of the process:
Suddenly Afyon 6 does not start even after half an hour, but a “hint” appears on the display. they say you need to connect to the outlet, then do the required operation and wait at least four hours until the resource is 100% restored:
- If there is a software-type failure (the methods listed above are powerless), then you will have to resort to a “hard reset”. Hard Reset is simple, but after it all installed applications, data are deleted, that is, you get an iPhone with a clean firmware.
It is necessary to hold down and hold two buttons on the case. Home and Power (inclusion). If you have a new iPhone that doesn’t have a Home control, then hold down Volume instead:
Do not release until the display shows “bull’s-eye”. This usually happens in twenty seconds. The first start after the reset will take longer than usual, you will have to wait. And then immediately put it on charge, after which you can restore information from iCloud.
iPhone is dead and won’t turn on. what to do?
Recently a friend asked for help. Said that his iPhone is dead and won’t turn on while charging. What to do in a similar situation? Personally, I am a fan of the Android operating system, so I went to the Internet for answers. I “dug up” several ways that can help, but not always. Now let’s look at the instructions for the iPhone.
If it doesn’t help
I don’t want to upset you, but if the listed solutions to the problem are ineffective, most likely the reason is a hardware failure:
- The battery is “dead” completely. it will need to be replaced at a service center;
- Charging cable damaged. try using a different one;
- The slot for connecting the power supply is broken. you will have to contact the SC to replace the connector;
- Critical failure of the base “firmware”. alas, you won’t do anything at home.
Now you know what to do if the iPhone is dead and does not turn on even when the charger is connected. Try it and be sure to write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев which method was useful for you.
iPhone won’t turn on, black screen. what to do
iPhone won’t turn on and apple is on? Or is the screen completely black and the iPhone is unresponsive to button presses? Both of these problems can happen to any iPhone user without dropping the smartphone. Learn what to do if your iPhone won’t turn on in this tutorial. You can solve the problem without going to the service center and the accompanying expenses.
? Remember how a forced reboot is performed on your device. It can help with most of these crashes that can happen on the iPhone.
A forced reboot is completely safe. Its execution does not delete any data on the iPhone, so you can perform it without fear.
❗ Methods to restore iPhone in this tutorial are arranged from easy to hard. If a hard reset doesn’t work, go to the next method. He will have to help solve the problem.
Connect iPhone to iTunes in Recovery Mode
If the iPhone does not respond to either charging or hard restarting, the smartphone must be put into recovery mode. Here we immediately note that you may not need to directly restore the iPhone. Everything in order.
The first step is to try to get your iPhone back in working order without restoring it. This method has saved thousands of iPhones without erasing data, which implies recovery. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you initially use it.
Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable and launch iTunes (Finder window in macOS Catalina).
Enter iPhone into recovery mode. For this:
Note: iPhone must be connected to computer via USB cable.
- On iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, and earlier. Press the Home and Power buttons (power button, located on the side or top of the case) at the same time for about 20 seconds until the iTunes logo appears on the screen (laptop logo in iOS 13).
- On iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power (Side) buttons at the same time for about 20 seconds until the iTunes logo (laptop logo in iOS 13) appears.
- On iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X and later. Press and immediately release the volume up button. Press and immediately release the volume down button. Then hold down the side button and hold it for about 20 seconds until the iTunes logo appears (laptop logo in iOS 13).
In the iTunes window, click “Eject iPhone”.
Restart your iPhone. To do this, simply hold down the Power button (side button). Alternatively, you can perform a forced reboot using the method described above.
As a result of this operation, your iPhone can turn on and work again as before without the need to restore.
Perform a hard reboot
The first thing to do if the iPhone won’t turn on is to force it (aka “hard”) restart. It takes the iPhone out of recovery mode, which may have been accidentally turned on, and simply resets software errors on the device.
Force restarting works differently on different iPhone models.
On iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, and earlier. Press the Home and Power buttons (Power button, located on the side or top of the case) at the same time for 15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
On iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power (Side) buttons at the same time for 15 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
On iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X and later. Press and immediately release the volume up button. Press and immediately release the volume down button. Then hold down the side button and hold it for 15 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Connect iPhone to charger
Often, the iPhone won’t turn on and show no signs of life due to the fact that its battery is dead. Connect your smartphone to the charger and leave it connected for an hour.
Here are some important tips to keep in mind:
- Use original or quality charging accessories. There have been cases in which the iPhone turned off due to a dead battery, but did not charge due to using a broken charging adapter or cable. Be sure to make sure the charger and cable are in working order.
- Charge iPhone with electricity. It is very common for users to charge their iPhone from a computer USB port. But due to the old battery in the smartphone and the low power of the connector, charging simply does not occur.
- Check if the connector is dirty. Sometimes iPhone won’t start charging due to a heavily soiled Lightning connector. Examine the charging port. If it is really dirty, gently clean it, for example with a toothpick.
⚡ How to understand that the iPhone has started to charge?
If the battery logo with the Lightning cable is on the screen. iPhone does not charge and asks for a connection to the charger. If this logo is displayed after you put the iPhone on charge, then the cable or adapter is out of order. Use other charging accessories.
If only the battery is displayed on the screen, then charging is successful. It is worth worrying only if this logo is displayed without changes for more than 30 minutes. In this case, you should also replace the charging adapter and cable.
iPhone Won’t Charge. Software Reasons
Among the reasons why it is impossible to charge the iPhone, there are software reasons, and some experts call them prevailing. The main software reason is a software malfunction (at the level of the smartphone’s firmware), which for some reason does not give commands to the phone’s controller to charge, therefore charging simply does not occur.
Also, the reason why the iPhone refuses to charge is the user using an incorrect (custom) firmware in his device (similar firmware is available for versions of the first generation iPhone, iPhone 3G and 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4Rev A).
How to fix iPhone charging issue
So, if you have a situation that your iPhone is not charging, but shows that it is charging, then do the following:
- Try to completely discharge your device and then charge it;
- Hard reset your device. Hold down the On / Off and Home buttons with the device turned on, and hold until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears on it again (it may take 30 seconds). After rebooting, try charging your smartphone again;
- Try using your cable with a different iPhone. If charging still does not occur, replace the cable;
- If, when the cable connected to the port moves, the charging turns on and off. it is quite possible that the port does not connect or is simply broken. Replace the port at the service center;
- Unplug your phone, take a wooden toothpick and gently pick up any debris that has accumulated in the socket. Do the procedure as gently and carefully as possible so as not to damage the contacts. Under no circumstances use any material that is highly conductive (for example, a metal pin), you can short-circuit the contacts and harm your device;
- Try your charger with a different iPhone. If charging still does not occur, replace (repair) the charger;
- Recover via iTunes. Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, click on “Device” on the top left, then click on “Backup” and wait until the procedure is complete. Then click on Restore and wait for the process to complete;
- Check the charge controller (or bottom cable) at the service center. If your iPhone does not charge, loses power quickly, gets very hot, then this may be an indicator of the controller’s “guilt”. If the controller is out of order, repair (replace) it;
- Replace the battery. If you have been using the phone for a long time, the battery may have worn out. Replace it.
- Contact the nearest service center, perhaps a significant breakdown of the board of your smartphone due to any accidental physical impact.
iPhone Won’t Charge. Hardware Reasons
The reasons iPhone won’t charge but shows it charging are as follows:
- Damage (breakage) of the cable. If your cable has been damaged (physical wear and tear, animals, children, etc.) then you will not be able to charge your iPhone, and in some cases you will see signs of charging, but de facto it will not happen;
- Broken charging port (Lightning). Usually caused by physical wear and tear, as well as strong (sharp) movements of the user when connecting and disconnecting the cable;
- Port clogged with dirt. In the process of long-term use of the phone, staying it on various fleecy (dirty) surfaces, the jack can become clogged with small pieces of wool, dirt, dust, etc., which leads to insufficient contact of the cable plug with the port;
- Charger problem. For some reason (physical wear or incomplete compliance with the declared characteristics) your device does not give the declared charging parameters (usually 5V and 1A), and this leads to various problems with charging the smartphone. This is especially true for devices from little-known manufacturers (the so-called “noname”);
- Battery problem (usually wear and tear). Over time, the battery depletes its resource and needs to be replaced. If you have been using your iPhone for a long time, or have purchased it hand-held, then it is likely that the battery of your device has exhausted its resource;
- Physical damage to the phone board. If your phone received any physical damage, fell or experienced any other mechanical stress, then it is quite possible that they adversely affected its functionality, including the ability to charge it;
- Problems in the controller responsible for charging the phone.
iPhone won’t charge but shows it is charging. what to do
Some of the iPhone users may face a situation where, when the charger is connected, their smartphone simply does not charge, and the culprits for this dysfunction may be the reasons for both hardware and software levels. In this article, I will tell you what to do if the iPhone does not charge, but shows that it is charging, I will describe the causes of this problem and the features of the methods for solving it.
iPhone is dead and won’t turn on while charging
If iPhone is completely discharged and won’t turn on. then the first thing to do is not to panic, because there are several ways to make it work. But first you need to figure out why it does not turn on. After all, even if you forgot the password on the iPhone and you don’t know what to do, the battery charge is still saved. Basically, there are only two reasons an iPhone might not work: the first is a completely drained battery, and the second is a software glitch. Let’s deal with each of them.
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on due to dead battery
If the phone runs out of battery, then you need to connect it to the mains adapter and charge for fifteen minutes (some models take half an hour). After the specified time has elapsed, it is recommended to try to turn on the mobile device, but do not remove it from the socket. If everything goes well, the icon of an empty battery inside with a lightning bolt should appear on the screen of the gadget (this means that it is charging and will soon turn on). In some cases, if the iPhone is completely discharged and does not turn on even after half an hour of charging, an empty battery icon, an outlet and an arrow pointing to lightning may appear on the screen. This means that the battery of the gadget was completely discharged (or did not turn on for a long time), so it needs additional time to recharge (approximately four to five hours, after which it can be turned on).
iPhone X/XS/XR/11: Won’t Turn On While Charging for Long Time?
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on due to software glitch
If there is a software failure, then the gadget requires a hard reboot. To do it, on the iPhone, you need to simultaneously hold down two buttons at once: Power and Home. They should be held clamped for about 10-15 seconds, after which the Apple logo should appear on the screen of the gadget, which will mean that the device has started rebooting. If you already know how to tell the difference from the original iPhone 3GS, you’ve probably seen this icon. After the reboot is complete, the phone will function normally. It is worth noting that the same reboot can be done if a program freezes and the phone does not respond to pressing any buttons.
The above problems and their solutions are standard, but if none of these methods helped, then most likely one of the following malfunctions occurred on the phone:
With all of the above problems, it is recommended to contact the service center, because it will be very difficult to solve them on your own. Although nothing is impossible in the world!
Checking the charger
Is your iPhone showing it’s charging but won’t turn on? The problem may lie in a too low charging current. As a result, a discharged battery cannot collect enough charge to start the smartphone. We do not have the opportunity to get into the interior of the smartphone with a multimeter and check the charge current. But what prevents you from using a known good charger? We carry out the following actions:
- We find a known working charger that successfully charges other smartphones;
- We connect the current iPhone to the charger;
- We leave for the night.
Please note that if, after such a charge, a rapid discharge of the battery is observed, you should contact the service center to replace the battery.
Charging problems are common when using non-original chargers made by third parties. If you want to avoid such problems, use only original accessories manufactured under the Apple brand.
What to do if iPhone 5 / 5s charges but won’t turn on
Although Apple gadgets are famous for their quality, even they sometimes fail, confusing their owners. There are times when the iPhone 5s is dead and will not turn on, even when connected to a wall outlet via the charger. What to do in such a situation? The main thing is not to panic and figure it out.
If the mobile device is charging but does not want to turn on, it may indicate a problem with the battery. The peculiarity of the iPhone is that it uses a non-removable battery. we cannot take it out and test it. In this case, we can suspect that the discharge is too deep, so the battery needs to be checked somehow. We just have to leave the device on charge overnight, trying to start the iPhone in the morning.
This procedure is often used to eliminate the consequences of deep discharge of batteries. Standing on the charge for a long time, it will be able to replenish its capacity and gain the required amount of energy. In the case of a removable battery, it could be “overclocked” by an external power supply or a “frog”, but in the case of the iPhone, we can only wait and hope.
Non-removable batteries are found in all iPhones, including the iPhone 4s and iPhone 5s. If the battery in your device is removable, then you are holding a fake.
Your iPhone 6s won’t turn on or charge? Such a fate can befall not only the 6s model, but also any other models of smartphones from Apple. If the device shows no signs of life, does not respond to a long night charge and does not start even when you try to enter recovery mode, you need to contact the service center. Here experts will bring him to his senses. most likely, the motherboard is faulty in your smartphone, self-repair in this case is impossible.
How to turn on iPhone while charging?
iPhone 4S / 6S: Hold down the HOME and POWER buttons for 15 seconds. iPhone 7: hold down the POWER and. volume buttons for 15 seconds. iPhone 8 / X / XR / XS / 11: Quickly press and release the volume button. then the same with then hold down the Side button (previously it was called POWER) for 15 seconds.
How to start iPhone after long idle time?
Remove iPhone from charging and connect to PC by holding down the Power and Home buttons. Then you need to release the Power button and hold the “home” key for another 15 seconds. An alert should appear on the screen, signaling that the smartphone is ready for recovery. You need to click “restore” and wait for the end of the process.
How to turn on iPhone SE?
In order to turn on the iPhone, you need to hold down the Power button located on the top of the device and hold it until the Apple logo (apple) appears on the screen. You will have to hold it for just a few seconds.
How to set up your phone like a new iPhone?
Removing personal information from your old device
- If your iPhone is paired with your Apple Watch, unpair.
- Back up your data on your device.
- Sign out of iCloud, iTunes Store, and App Store.
- Return to the Settings screen and tap General Reset Erase Content and Settings.
How to set up a new iPhone?
To activate and continue setting up your device, you must be connected to a Wi-Fi, cellular, or iTunes network. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network you want, or choose another option. When setting up your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi Cellular), you may need to insert your SIM card first.
How to set up iPhone SE after purchase?
What to do with a new iPhone after purchase?
- Prepare your SIM Your iPhone uses a Nano SIM.
- Install iTunes.
- Create Apple ID.
- Activate device (if the device is new)
- Check software version
- Set up iCloud / iMessage / FaceTime.
- Set up “Find My iPhone”
- Enable password (Touch ID)
How to turn on iPhone 11?
To turn on the device, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. To turn it off, press and hold the side button and any of the volume buttons at the same time until a slider appears. Then move it.
How Much Should an iPhone Charge After Fully Discharged?
How long does it take to charge an iPhone? Average charging timeiPhone 5SE, 6, 6S2 hours 10 minutesiPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus3 hours 30 minutesiPhone 72 hours 20 minutesiPhone 7 Plus3 hours 40 minutes 12 lines
Causes of the problem
Factors in which the smartphone does not turn on during recharging:
- fully planted battery;
- software failure;
- hardware problem.
When fully discharged
If the phone battery is completely empty:
- Charge the gadget for 15 minutes, and then try to start again without disconnecting from charging. If successful, the screen will display a battery with a lightning bolt. Wait for charging to complete.
- If the iPhone does not start after 30 minutes, but the battery icon and the arrow pointing to the outlet appear, then even the reserve energy is exhausted. So charge for 4-5 hours, then check the power on.
To fix the problem, you must use one of the methods presented below.
If none of the options corrected the problem, then the possible causes of the problem may include:
- damage to the battery;
- breakdown of the network cable;
- damage to the charger connector;
- firmware error.
In this case, you need to contact the branded service center.
Due to software failure
If there is a problem with the software, you need to do a hard reset.
- Hold down the Power and Home buttons at the same time, and on newer iPhone models (without the Home button), power and volume control. After 15-20 seconds, the display will show the Apple logo.
- Release the buttons. OS will turn on within a minute.
How to charge iPhone without a charger?
Of course, it’s best to repair the damaged cable and use it normally, at least until you replace it. To charge your iPhone without a charger. more precisely, without an electrical outlet or computer. you can use a wind generator or fruit batteries.
What to do if iPhone is charging and won’t turn on?
If iPhone charges but won’t turn on, restore it via DFU mode.
- Press the volume up button and release immediately;
- Press the volume down button and release immediately;
- Press the side button and wait for the branded apple to appear on the device display.
How to understand that the iPhone 5 is charging when it is turned off?
If a similar picture is displayed on your screen, but an image of the Lightning cable is added to it, this should tell you that the battery is not charging (in this case, check the presence of power or try replacing the wire).
How long does it take to turn on an iPhone after being completely discharged?
How long does it take to charge an iPhone? Average charging timeiPhone 4, 4S, 51 hours 40 minutesiPhone 5S, 5C1 hour 50 minutesiPhone 5SE, 6, 6S2 hours 10 minutesiPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus3 hours 30 minutes 12 lines
Is it possible to charge an iPhone with a 2 amp charger?
In fact, charging an iPhone with an iPad adapter is not prohibited. … The standard iPhone charger supports 1 ampere charging, while the iPad adapter supports 2.1 amperes. That’s why you can charge your iPhone up to 100% with a powerful charger in less than an hour.
How to charge iPhone while it is off?
Try to fix the problem in the following ways:
- turn off and reconnect iPhone to power source
- If iPhone is completely discharged, leave it off and recharge for about half an hour
- put your smartphone on charge from another outlet or USB port
How to understand that the iPhone is charging?
You will recognize that the iPhone is charging by the lightning bolt icon. it will be displayed next to the battery icon in the upper right corner. In the locked state, that charging has successfully “gone”, you will be informed by the illuminated screen backlight and a large battery emblem that appears in the middle of the display.
IPhone 5se Repair FREE DIAGNOSTICS! URGENT REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE! EXCHANGE DEFECTIVE iPhone FOR NEW!
Why iPhone 5SE won’t turn on while charging?
Why iPhone 5SE won’t turn on while charging?
Quite often, there are situations when working elements in a modern gadget wear out, which becomes the reason for incorrect operation. This contributes to the fact that the owners of “apple” products turn to the service center with the question: why does the iPhone not turn on when charging? Let’s try to figure out the main reasons why the iPhone 5se refuses to function normally and how to solve the situation that has arisen.
Let’s take a look at the main reasons why iPhone won’t turn on. One of the main ones is the incorrect operation of the rechargeable battery, which has simply expired. But there are a number of other reasons:
- Chinese memory is used;
- damaged boards, cables for connection, power controller;
- failure of the operating system;
- breakage of the connector for charging a mobile device;
- Dirty charging connector.
This is part of the problem when the iPhone 5se won’t turn on, but the charging is on. No need to panic and start disassembling equipment. Such manipulations will not only not allow to achieve the desired result, but will aggravate the situation. they will make repairs more expensive or impossible.
What to do if the phone won’t turn on iPhone 5se? First of all, you just need to turn off the power for about 30 minutes and charge the phone. If the battery and charging are working properly, then switching on will occur in automatic mode. If your phone is off, just press Home Power on until the Apple logo appears. Let’s take a closer look at the reasons why the iPhone 5se does not turn on while charging.
In 85% of cases, the reason for this behavior of the phone, when charging is in progress, and the phone does not charge or turn on, is the charging wire. This happens due to poor quality or damage. It is not uncommon for users to see messages in the gadget when they connect “The cable or accessory is not certified.” Modern phones are well protected from the use of non-original parts, so it defines them. The Chinese cable does not have a special sheath of the shielding layer, and the conductors are smaller, due to which the phone cannot be charged 100%.
To rule out the cable as the cause of the phone’s behavior, just take another cable. If this does not help and the phone does not turn on, then you need to look for the reason further.
When the cable is working properly, then you need to check the functionality of the charger directly. It is a rectangular or square block for connecting a cable via USB. It is the incorrect operation of this element that can be the answer to the question of why the iPhone 5se does not turn on when charging. If the charger is broken or burnt out, it may indicate that charging is in progress, although the current is lower than the manufacturer’s recommended one, therefore, it cannot recharge the gadget.
The likely reason the iPhone 5se won’t turn on but the charging is on is a dirty charging connector. During operation, the garbage clogs the delicate electronic contacts of the gadget, creating problems for the owner. Garbage is often the reason when the charging process is in progress, at which time the phone does not gain charge. You just need to take a cotton swab, carefully cleaning the connector. This helps not only when the phone is not charging at all, but also if it is charging weakly, which is why the screen does not turn on for a long time.
But, as the harsh practice shows, if the iPhone 5se does not turn on and the charging is on, a radical method remains effective. replacing the battery. After 2-3 years, when about 500-700 cycles of operation pass, the battery resource is depleted, therefore, it is not enough to maintain all the necessary functions of the phone. Even if the gadget shows charging, it does not give enough impulse for the systems to work.
Usually, replacing the battery will solve the problem if the phone won’t turn on and the battery is charging. But there are situations that as a result of water procedures and when hitting hard surfaces, serious problems begin with the charge controller, power controller or NAND. All these are important elements, without which the normal operation of the phone is simply impossible. Their breakdown can only be determined by thorough diagnostics, which can be carried out by the specialists of the service center.
Given the number of reasons why the iPhone 5se does not turn on when charging, it would be optimal not to guess, but to go to a service center. Specialists using special diagnostic equipment will check the gadget, checking all possible causes. To repair your iPhone, it is better to contact the MacHelp service center, which is located at 14 Marshal Biryuzova Street, near the Oktyabrskoye Pole metro station. Regardless of the problem found, they will solve it as soon as possible using only genuine parts. Remember that self-intrusion into the phone will not only not help solve the problem, but will also aggravate the situation.
iPhone 5/5s/5c/SE: Won’t Charge, Won’t Turn On, Black Screen NO PROBLEM!