Iphone Se Does Not Work Turn Screen
Suppose you are reading a book on an iPhone or iPad, the pages of a book cannot be rotated horizontally or vertically with respect to the screen. Are you comfortable? Or, say, you watch YouTubes on the iPad’s big screen, and even after turning the screen, thes just don’t turn on in full screen? Or you cannot view the photo gallery by turning the iPhone or iPad to the side.
Seriously, this is very depressing, because it’s a shame to have a large screen and not use it to the maximum. And yet, we love Apple devices for many reasons. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the screen rotation function, how to configure, disable and enable screen rotation on the iPhone (5, 6, 7, 8, X), and all the errors that may be associated with it.
How to disable / enable screen rotation on iPhone and iPad?
If you don’t want the screen to rotate when you change the location of the device, you just need to use the screen rotation lock feature built into iOS.
Here’s how to adjust the screen rotation:
1. Verify that the Control Center is turned on.
2. Swipe down on the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
3. The location of the screen rotation lock depends on which version of iOS you are working with. In iOS 11 and above, it is on the left, just below the first group of buttons. In iOS 7-10, the layout is different, namely the upper right corner. Regardless of the version of iOS, pay attention to the icon that should show the lock with a curved arrow around it.
4. Click on the rotation lock icon to lock the screen in the current position. You will know the rotation lock screen turns on when the icon is highlighted in white (iOS 7-9) or red (iOS 10-11).
Enable or disable screen rotation on iPhone
How to disable / enable landscape mode on iPhone
What is landscape mode? Landscape mode is the horizontal display mode of a smartphone, in which viewings, movies, using applications or games becomes much more convenient than in portrait (vertical) mode. In order to disable / enable this mode, you need the following steps:
1. Click on “Application Settings.”
2. Press “Display Brightness”.
3. In the parameter list, pay attention to the “Zoom Display”. Under this heading, you should see “View”. Click on it.
4. You will see two tabs:
When you select the “standard” tab, you can switch between landscape and porter modes.
When choosing “Zoomed”, the whole interface will increase a little.
5. Click Install” in the upper right corner. Your iPhone will restart to implement the changes.
Why does the screen rotation on the iPhone not work?
Like most errors on your smartphone, the cause of the malfunction may be one hundred and one unknown problem. We will consider the main errors that occur in 90% of cases and, of course, consider ways to solve them.
No matter how ridiculous it may sound, a regular reboot of the smartphone helps to fix most of the problems on your device, (including: screen rotation does not work on the iPhone). As you might have guessed, this case is no exception. In order to restart the iPhone, you need to:
For most iPhone and iPad devices, hold down the power button and the “Home” button at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
On iPhone 7, hold down the volume down button and the power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
On iPhone 8, X, press the volume up button then the volume down button, and then hold the power button.
Check for iOS Updates
Many system errors, including errors with auto-rotate the screen, can be associated with bugs in iOS itself. This rarely happens and often manifests itself only in early versions of testing.
However, if you encounter an error, we recommend that you check for available updates and install them (if any).
In order to do this, you need to:
1. Open the “Settings”.
2. Go to the “General” tab.
3. Select “Update”.
Check display scaling factor
You can check if the zoom function on or off is enabled on the device. If this function is enabled, it will interfere with the free rotation of the screen. In order to disable it, you need to:
1. Go to “Settings” and select “Display and Brightness”.
2. After, click “Display Enlargement” and select the viewing option to check whether display enlargement is enabled or disabled.
3. If the option is in a zoom state, simply select the standard mode, and then click on the “Apply” button to save the changes.
4. In the next window, click the “Use Standard” button to continue working with the standard mode.
5. After completion, the phone will restart in standard mode.
Screen rotation does not work: gyroscope calibration
Gyroscope calibration will also be useful in solving the display orientation problem. To calibrate a gyroscope, you need to:
- Reboot iPhone.
- Open the compass app. After, you will see a pop-up message that asks for permission to calibrate the gyro.
- Use the red ball to roll it in a circle on the calibration screen. Continue until calibration is complete.
Your accelerometer may be damaged
If the application you are using supports rotation of the screen, but the screen still does not rotate, then there may be problems with the hardware of the device.
The rotation of the screen is controlled by the accelerometer of the device. this is a sensor that monitors the movement of the device. If the accelerometer is damaged or broken, the ability to automatically rotate the screen will simply be impossible. If you suspect that the problem is precisely in it, contact Apple technical support or a repair service.