Iphone Is Not Detected By The Computer
- Disconnect iPhone from your Mac;
- Open Finder, find iTunes in the program folder, then move it to the trash. Program shortcut to the same place;
- In the Go to Folder menu, you must enter / System / Libraries / Extensions and then click the Go button;
- The AppleMobileDevice.Kext file should be moved to the trash;
- In the “Go to folder” menu, enter / Libraries / Receipts /, go there;
- Find the AppleMobileDeviceSupport.Pkg file and place it in the trash.
- We empty the basket;
- Reboot your Mac;
- Install the latest version of iTunes. Downloaded from Apple website.
After that, the iPhone should be recognized by iTunes.
Checking the USB port
The problem may be in the computer, its hardware. The USB port could easily fail. Connect other devices, check their functionality. Open Device Manager. If even an unknown device is not added when the iPhone is connected, you may have to repair the computer. Restart the computer once again and check everything will not hurt.
We install the latest version of iTunes and check the system
If the iPhone is not detected in iTunes, we recommend updating the program. The latest version must be installed. Make sure that all the latest system updates have been installed correctly on your computer. Any failure in them can lead to problems with the drivers and the USB interface itself. After installing iTunes, just in case, restart your computer.
Checking the cable
On the latest iPhone models (since the iPhone 5), manufacturers have started using the Lightning interface. The 8 pin connector is designed not only for a high-quality connection, but also has a certain protection system against the use of non-original cables.
A small chip is mounted in the lanyard, according to which it decides whether to work with such a cable or not. Manufacturers of non-original accessories have learned to create cables with similar chips, but they work exclusively for charging. And that becomes impossible after a couple of months of use. Conclusion: the cable must be original (if the lace from the delivery set is torn, buy it).
Read This cable or accessory is not certified
Checking iPhone settings
It is possible that you have accidentally denied access to the iPhone for this computer. When connecting, you need to unlock your iPhone and select the “Trust” option. Then there should be no problems with synchronization due to the settings of the smartphone.
Iphone not detected in iTunes on computer
When the iPhone is not detected on the computer, it can cause serious inconvenience. IOS is good, but not perfect: system recovery may be required due to memory consumption by some applications. Also iTunes becomes necessary for quickly downloading records, music, movies and saving data on a computer.
What if you once connected your iPhone, and your computer or iTunes itself refuses to see it? We suggest using the recommendations that should help solve the problem of identifying iPhone.
Your OS recognizes the iPhone just like a digital camera and can copy images from it just like a memory card.
- And this is done on Mac: connect iPhone to computer, open iPhoto. As soon as the program sees the connected iPhone, it will enter Import mode. We select the Delete photos after importing option if you want to clear the memory of the iPhone camera phone after copying.
- It’s a little different on Windows. After connecting the iPhone, a dialog box will appear offering all kinds of programs that you can use to access your phone. This list should include some kind of photo managers (Picasa, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Album, etc.) or at worst, the built-in Windows image manager (Scanner and Camera Wizard in Windows XP, using Windows in Vista). We choose the program you like. You can also check the box next to Always use this program for this action, so you do not have to select the desired program every time, this action will occur automatically.
If you still can’t import photos to your computer, or your computer doesn’t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, follow these steps.
If the computer still can’t see the iPhone. Apple iOS 7 doesn’t trust my computer. Problems transferring photos from iPhone
There is a cruel way if all attempts to enter a password have been exhausted and there is no computer that your iphone would trust.
- Connect iPhone to computer using the USB cable that comes with the standard kit.
- Apple iPhone will appear among all devices, a personal computer will recognize it as a digital camera.
- To access the Lockdown folder, run the Finder program in Mac OS. In other operating systems, opening the window of trust in iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is also performed by clearing the Lockdown folder on the computer.
- After trusting on the computer, itunes sees the iPhone.
- You must wait for the computer to detect the digital camera. Then you need to go into the device, select the photos, copy them to the clipboard and move them to a folder on your computer. With the help of iTunes, you can transfer not only photos to your computer, but also music, ringtones, and much more. First you need to connect your iPhone to your computer with a USD cable. When the computer beeps to notify that a new device is found, open iTunes.
- If the iPhone is configured with email, then photos can be sent via e-mail, and then transferred to a computer. You can transfer photos without connecting a USB cable to your computer; this can be easily done through the shared folder of the Yandex cloud service.
Owners of flash drives have situations when, having inserted their media again into the computer, its contents are no longer available. Everything looks as usual, but it seems that there is nothing at all on the drive, but you know for sure that there was some information there. In this case, you should not panic, there is no reason for the loss of information yet. We will look at several ways to solve this problem. You can be 100% sure that it will disappear.
The reasons for this problem can be very different:
- Failure of the operating system;
- Virus infection;
- Files were written with an error.
Consider ways to eliminate such causes.
If problems persist
Itunes App Not Noticing iPhone, or Software Issues
To get started, reinstall the iTunes app by downloading the latest version from the official website. If that doesn’t help, let’s move on to setting up the operating system.
If the Windows XP platform is deployed on the computer, you must do the following: close iTunes, having previously disconnected the device. We go to the Start menu, the Run item, and enter services.Msc in the window that appears. A similar result can be achieved by going to Control Panel, section Administration, item Services.
Next, we find the Apple Mobile Device item, in a special window, click on Stop. After stopping, click on Start in the same window. As soon as
the service will be restarted, iTunes will be fully prepared to work with the communicator.
If you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista installed on your computer, the plan of action is as follows: go to right-click on the Apple iPhone and select the Update driver function, which appears in the appeared Next, we search for the driver on the computer using the appropriate item.
After that, we are interested in choosing a driver from the list of already installed ones. We turn to the installation from disk. In the dialog box that appears, click the Browse button. Go to the C drive, the Program Files folder, then Common Files, then Apple, the Mobile Device Support we need, and finally the Drivers directory. Run the usbaapl file.
Click OK in the installation from disk window. Click Next and complete the driver installation. Open iTunes to check if the device is recognized correctly.
If the problem occurs in Mac OS X, we disconnect the communicator from the computer by closing it first in iTunes. Open a file manager called Finder and move a few items to the Trash: the folder with the iTunes application, the shortcut of this program from a special launcher, the AppleMobileDevice.Kext and AppleMobileDeviceSupport.Pkg files.
Restart your computer, delete the contents of the Trash, restart your computer again. Download the latest version of the iTunes app for the Mac platform. We connect the device and use iTunes. So we analyzed the main cases in which the computer does not see the iphone, as well as ways to solve this problem. Just a few simple steps can help you get rid of the problems that have arisen, but if this does not happen, you should take the device for deep testing to a service center as soon as possible.
IOS devices, of course, in most cases are able to do without using USB, but there are still situations when the use of a cable is simply necessary. And even with the use of USB, problems can arise where without them, nothing is perfect. So why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB: we tell the solution.
One of the most common problems with iTunes is the inability to find a connected device. There may be several reasons for this error, but often the failure lies in the trusted connection mechanism (keys are saved on both devices for future login). By default, with such an error, a message like Trust this computer should pop up on the computer? Next time you connect.
We will consider a scenario where, after a negative response, a repeated request is no longer shown. Fortunately, this problem can be solved in just a few steps.
Itunes doesn’t see iPhone or other Apple device on Microsoft Windows XP
1. Close iTunes after disconnecting your device;
2. Go to Start. Run and enter services.Msc in the window that appears or open Services in the Administrative Tools section of the Control Panel;
3. Find the Apple Mobile Device item and in the adjacent window click on Stop;
4. After stopping in the same window, click on Start;
5. After restarting the service iTunes will be ready to work with your device.
So, to get a second request and start trusting your Mac, you need to select Go to Folder from the command bar on the menu (or use the keyboard shortcut ⌘Cmd ⇧Shift G),
And then go to the address / var / db / lockdown and delete all certificates in this directory.
Itunes does not see iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch on Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7
1. In Device Manager, right-click on your Apple iPhone (Apple iPad or Apple iPod) and select Update Driver from the context menu.
2. Select Search for drivers on this computer.
3. Select Select driver from the list of already installed drivers.
4. Click the Have Disk button. (If the Have Disk button is not available, select a device category, such as Mobile Phone or Mass Storage (if available), and click Next. Then the Have Disk button appears.)
5. In the Install From Disk dialog box, click Browse.
6. Navigate to C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \ Drivers.
7. Double-click the usbaapl. (On 64-bit Windows, this file is called usbaapl64. If the usbaapl64 file is not in the specified folder or the Drivers folder does not exist, look for it in the C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \ Drivers folder instead ).
8. Click OK in the Install from Disk dialog box.
9. Click Next and complete the driver installation procedure. Open iTunes to check if the device is recognized correctly.
On Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
For Windows, you will also need to delete the contents of the Lockdown directory. To do this, you need to enable the display of hidden folders and files (Start Control Panel Folder Options),
And then go to C: \ ProgramData \ Apple \ Lockdown (for Windows 7, 8, 10) or C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Application Data \ Apple \ Lockdown (Windows XP).
If removing certificates from a Windows PC did not solve the problem, you will have to use a more complex method:
1. Right-click on the Computer shortcut, select Properties and find the Device Manager;
2. In the USB Controllers section, right-click the context menu of the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver item and click Update Drivers;
3. Next, sequentially select Search for drivers on this computer Select from the list of already installed drivers Install from disk.
4. In the window that appears, click Browse and go to the C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \ Drivers directory, where we are interested in a file called usbaapl, which we need to install.
If none of the above methods helped to solve the problem, then, probably, its reason lies not in obtaining a trusted status for this computer. Try the following:
Itunes (computer) can’t see iPhone. Solving the problem on Windows and Mac
We are often approached by readers with various questions about solving any problems related to mobile devices and software. One of the most popular: “iTunes does not see iPhone, what should I do?”.
You can find a working way out of this situation on the Internet, but you have to fight your way through mountains of various information. In this article, we decided to combine all possible solutions and figure out why, after all, iTunes does not see the iPhone.
Itunes is often intimidating for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users. The program seems confusing, complex, and extremely awkward. So he also throws out various pearls. Either the music is not synchronized correctly, the applications have disappeared somewhere, or even iTunes cannot detect the iPhone (iPad or iPod Touch).
You shouldn’t despair (and switch to Android), there will always be solutions to the problem. If iTunes does not see the iPhone, check the functionality:
- Software. Reinstall iTunes by downloading the latest version from here.
- Cable. Try using a different cable.
- Computer. Itunes can’t see iPhone due to Apple Mobile Device crash. Another computer can help fix the problem.
- USB port. The USB port is often the problem. Try using the connector on the back of the system unit.
If all the standard methods did not help, then it’s time to take up heavy artillery.
He doesn’t see because he doesn’t trust
Iphone or iPad are completely self-contained, stand-alone devices, but they still have to be connected to a computer from time to time to transfer large amounts of data, install software, etc. In this case, sometimes there is a problem of device synchronization, which can often be solved by the methods described below.
Computer can’t see iPhone? There is a solution
Despite the fact that modern iOS devices may well do without a computer, there are scenarios in which you still have to access it. It is quite logical that at the junction of technologies certain roughnesses may arise, and it is with such questions that we will try to understand this material.
One of the common problems when working with iTunes is the inability to detect the connected device. There may be several reasons for this, but often a failure occurs in the trusted connection mechanism, when keys are saved on both gadgets for subsequent authorization. By default, the request to Trust this computer should be displayed the next time you connect, but the other day the author encountered the exact opposite situation, when after a negative response from the user, the request was not repeated. The problem can be solved as expected in a few simple steps.
Let’s start, as expected, with the OS X environment, native to iOS and iTunes. Of course, due to hardware and software integration, problems arise here less often, but no one is immune from accidents. So, if the iPhone stubbornly doesn’t want to trust your Mac, you can try clearing the contents of the special Lockdown system directory. To do this, disconnect the iOS device from the computer, execute the [cmd] [shift] [G] key combination (or select the Go to folder item in the Go to menu of the OS X menu bar) and go to / var / db / lockdown /. In the window that opens, you will see one or more (depending on the number of synchronized devices) certificate files, which you need to delete.
For the Windows OS, with the tenacity of which your humble servant faced, the essence of the procedure remains the same. The only difference here, besides the different location of the culprit, is the need to display hidden files and folders. To do this, open the Control Panel from the Start menu and go to the Folder Options section, where on the View tab, select the parameter of the same name. As for the address, it differs for different versions of Windows.
If the above manipulations did not solve the problem, for the OS from Microsoft there is a more complex method associated with the driver of a mobile device and described by a YouTube user with the nickname STOK SHOK.
- Open the Device Manager located in the Control Panel in Windows 7 and in the System sub-item in Windows XP
- Right-click on the line with the required Apple device, select the Update driver item from the context menu, then Search for drivers on this computer and Select a driver from the list of already installed drivers
- Click on the Have Disk button (if it is not available, you can select the Mobile phone or Mass Storage category and click on the Next button, after which the button will appear)
The final touch is to click on the Next button and complete the driver installation procedure. Now you can open iTunes to test device operation.
We hope these tips will help your gadgets find common ground. As usual, do not forget to look at the GENIUS section, where you can ask a question about the use of Apple technology, send screenshots to Twitter, and also report any problems found to the company via a special web form. Stable work for you!
Did you know that your iPhone always knows where you are? No, we’re not talking about geolocation in applications right now. Many iPhone and iPad users are unaware of the fact that their devices are constantly sending data about their location to Apple, and also save all the information on the devices themselves. It’s one thing if a person has nothing to hide at all, 
Apple operating system updates in the vast majority of cases come out exactly as planned. And it doesn’t matter if it’s a release build or a test build, if Cupertino planned to release it at the beginning of the week, so be it. But this happens only with planned updates, while unscheduled updates can, firstly, have the most arbitrary number, and, secondly, come out in the middle of the week, 
Despite the fact that Apple has been very active in developing Mac computers in recent years, offering super-cool updates almost every year, their front cameras seemed to be stuck in the late 2000s. 720p for top models and 480p for basic ones like the MacBook 12” clearly did not contribute to obtaining a high-quality picture. It is clear that there is no point in using 
Why the computer does not see the iPhone
Stylish, trendy, comfortable about the iPhone, you can continue to write enthusiastic odes and praise its creators. But what to do when the computer can’t see the iPhone? Many of its owners find it difficult to answer this question. Well, it’s time to list some possible causes and ways to fix them yourself.
1. First, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable. If the PC does not detect a new device, and the connection notification is not displayed on the iPhone screen, it is worth looking for a problem in the cord itself. Using non-original cords can cause the computer to become blind to the iPhone. Make sure the USB port is working: to check, insert a working USB flash drive into it. Carefully inspect the connectors of the smartphone and PC, perhaps they have not been used for a long time, and they have oxidized.
2. Most iPhone owners do not really care about their ward and carry it in their jeans pocket or purse, which is full of the smallest garbage. Over time, small particles clog all accessible recesses and holes, thereby causing a lot of trouble. Carefully inspect the phone connector, or better, take a thin brush right away and do a general cleaning of the entire body of your iPhone.
3. It may be that there was a failure in iTunes, and therefore the smartphone is no longer detected by the computer. You can try to completely remove the software and install a more recent version, or vice versa, install the previous version, do not forget to back up your iTunes Media folder, otherwise you may lose your settings and music.
Problems requiring professional help
1. Moisture in the iPhone can not only cause the inability to connect to the computer, but also provoke more serious problems caused by microcircuits in the device. In this case, you must immediately turn off your smartphone (preferably immediately after getting wet) and as first aid you need to put your iPhone in a bag of rice, it absorbs moisture well (sucks it out of your device). But in the future we recommend that you contact the service center.
2. Firmware glitch can affect mobile device performance in unimaginable ways. If you consider that your computer does not see the iPhone, then it is better to take it to a service center, where the previous settings will be returned to you by rolling back. Or you can use one of our instructions for flashing iPhone.
3. After dropping the phone, the power cable may be damaged. The breakdown is not so painful in terms of money, therefore, without hesitation, we refer the iPhone to the specialists in the service.
There may be a lot of options and reasons that the computer does not see the iPhone, but one thing is worth remembering forever: take good care of your phone and in case of a breakdown, seek help from professionals.
I can’t see my iPhone because it doesn’t trust the computer
It happens that Aityuns does not see the iPhone because once when asked whether to trust this computer that appears when the mobile device is connected to a PC for the first time, users answered negatively, Do not trust. In theory, after a trust is denied, iTunes is blocked from accessing the content of a mobile device, and trust warnings appear again and again when this iPhone or iPad is connected to a computer. In practice, various failures are possible, making the smartphone or tablet invisible to the tuna.
Along with updating iTunes to the latest version and reconnecting the mobile device to the PC, resetting trust and Network settings may solve the problem.
To reset the trust settings, open the Settings app and go to General Reset Reset Geo settings. After that, when you connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer, dialog boxes will appear asking whether to trust this computer.
If that doesn’t work, Apple recommends performing a network settings reset. This is done as follows: open Settings and go to General Reset Reset network settings. Please note that this way you will also reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular network settings, as well as VPN and APN settings that were previously used.
If this does not help, perhaps this material will be useful to you: Trust this computer? Solution of problems
Iphone is not visible to iTunes on macOS. Solution to the problem: iTunes (computer) does not see the iPhone. Computer does not see iPhone due to AMDS crash
Failures in the AMDS service is also one of the reasons for iTunes in Windows to refuse to recognize the connected device. In this case, the message This iPhone / iPad cannot be used because Apple Mobile Device Service is not running.
In this case, you need to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service. This is done as follows:
- Close iTunes and disconnect your mobile device from your PC;
- Open a command prompt by pressing the Windows and R buttons at the same time;
- In the appeared field for input enter services.Msc and confirm your action by clicking on OK. The service console will open.
- Find Apple Mobile Device Service in the list, right-click on the name and select Properties from the menu.
- In the properties window that opens, find Startup type and select Automatic.
- Then click the Stop button, and after Start, restarting the service and OK.
- Reboot your computer.
- Launch iTunes and connect your device.
Why iPhone is not visible?
Itunes may not see your iPhone for a variety of reasons.
First of all, it makes sense to rule out the iTunes software glitch version by reinstalling Apple’s media combine. You can download the latest version of iTunes from the official website of the developer company.
Next, pay attention to the USB cable used. It may well be faulty. In this case, the solution is obvious, replace the connecting cord and try to reconnect the mobile device to the computer.
Also take a look at the iPhone charging connector. It may be clogged. You can eliminate contamination at a service center or, at your own peril and risk, at home with a brush or toothpick.
Is the problem still relevant? Itunes may not see the iPhone due to errors in the PC software.
The computer does not see the iPhone, iPad due to a malfunction of the mobile device
Well, in conclusion, it is worth mentioning the likelihood of failures in the iOS OS. In this case, it makes sense to reflash the mobile device. This is a simple procedure that every user of Apple devices can independently perform if they spend a little time studying the instructions. You can find the instruction itself here Updating and restoring (flashing) iPhone, iPad.
Apart from a software glitch, the problem of invisibility can be rooted in the hardware. For example, moisture gets under the device’s casing. Check the indicator of contact with liquid (where it is described in the subsection Did the iPhone fall into water) and pay attention to the material of the iPhone fell into the water what can and should be done and what not.
If none of the above helped you, Apple Media Combine still ignores the connected iPhone or iPad, try also looking for a solution in one of our old instructions iTunes does not see iPhone or iPad: solution to the problem. If you managed to fix the problem, let us know in the comments which method helped you.
If you didn’t find the answer to your question or something didn’t work out for you, and there is no suitable solution in the comments below, ask a question through our help form. It’s fast, simple, convenient and does not require registration. You will find answers to your own and other questions in this section.