Iphone 7 Hangs On The Apple Logo. Here Are 3 Ways To Fix It.
Apple iPhone 7 may hang on the Apple logo at launch, although this is very rare. This kind of trouble usually happens after an unsuccessful software update: the company logo is displayed on the screen and the phone remains inoperative.
1. Force restart your smartphone
First, just try to get the iPhone to reboot so that it starts the startup process from scratch.
If you are using the new iPhone 7 with the “Home” touch button, then press and hold the buttons to force a reboot “Volume down” and “Food”. And if the device is an older model, then press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons until it reboots.
2. Try updating your iPhone 7 through recovery mode
The next thing to try is to force update the operating system through the recovery mode. The advantage of this method is that it allows you to reinstall iOS without deleting data on the phone. It will help you only if the problem is in the unsuccessful installation of the system update, and the hardware problems or consequences from jailbreak will not go away.
To do this, you need a computer, the latest version of iTunes and a USB cable installed on it.
- Open iTunes on your computer, and then connect your iPhone 7 via USB
- Put your smartphone in recovery mode by following these steps:
– For iPhone 7 and newer: Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Wait for iTunes message “iPhone in recovery mode was detected”
– For older iPhone models: press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons until iTunes says that the iPhone in recovery mode has been detected.
- In iTunes on your computer, select “Update.”
After that, the device will try to update the OS on the iPhone. If the process fails, then select “Restore” instead of “Update”, but in this case all data on the phones will be lost.
3. Restore iPhone 7 with DFU
If there are problems with your iPhone due to a jailbreak and you are not able to solve them by uninstalling the tweak or the Cydia application, then recovery via DFU mode is the only salvation. Keep in mind that after the procedure is completed, all data will disappear from the phone.
How to put iPhone 7 in DFU mode and how to perform recovery:
- Launch iTunes on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Connect your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus via USB to your computer
- Turn off the device while holding the power button. Wait until the screen goes blank completely.
- Now press and hold the power button for about 3 seconds
- Continuing to hold this button, now press and hold “Volume Down” at the same time. which is on the left side of the iPhone 7
- Keep holding these keys for about 10 seconds.
- The screen of the mobile device should remain black, while iTunes should display a pop-up notification that the iPhone has been detected.
After this unit has properly switched to DFU mode, you can proceed to low-level recovery through iTunes. Upon completion of the process, the phone will reboot itself.
How to enter DFU mode on older models:
- Connect iPhone to computer and launch iTunes
- Turn off your mobile gadget completely (hold the power button until it turns off)
- Hold the “Power” and “Home” buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds, and then release the “Power”
- Continue to keep “Home” pressed until a notification from iTunes appears on the computer screen with the message “iPhone has been detected”
- When the phone is in this mode, its screen should be completely black, that is, off. The display may not light up, but this does not mean that it does not work.