Iphone 4s Does Not Work Microphone
Find out what to do if you cannot hear sound during phone calls or FaceTime calls or if Siri does not recognize your voice commands.
When making calls, using FaceTime or Siri, or playing audio on an iOS device, one of the following problems may occur.
- During a phone call or a FaceTime call, the other party cannot hear you.
- During a phone call or a FaceTime call, someone else is hearing you poorly.
- Siri says “I did not understand” or does not hear your request or hears only part of the request.
- The sound recorded from the microphone during playback is distorted or not heard.
- During a call, sound sources are not changed.
Testing the microphone on the device
To find out if the problem is connected with the microphone of the device (and not with the cellular network or the program used), it is necessary to test each microphone. The location of the microphone may vary by device. You can use the technical specifications of the respective products to search for microphones.
When testing microphones, make sure your wired or wireless headset is not connected to your iOS device.
There are several microphones on the iPhone.
To test the main microphone at the bottom of the iPhone, open the Voice Recorder program and click the record icon. Say something into the microphone and click the play icon to play back the recording. Your voice should be heard clearly.
To test the front microphone, open the Camera program and record on the front camera. To test the rear microphone, open the Camera program and record on the main camera. When playing a, your voice should be heard clearly.
If your voice is barely audible during a phone call, make sure that the rear microphone is not blocked and is not blocked by anything.
If Siri doesn’t hear you, make sure the iPhone receiver and front microphone are not obstructed or dirty.
To test the microphone on the iPad, make sure that the microphone is not blocked by anything, then open the Voice Recorder program and click the record icon. Say something into the microphone, and then click the play icon to play back the recording. Your voice should be heard clearly. Find out where the microphones are located on the iPad.
To test the microphone on iPod touch, open the Voice Recorder program. Click the recording icon, say something into the microphone, and then click the play icon to play the recording. Your voice should be heard clearly.
If, after testing the microphone on the device, problems persist, try the following.
- Disconnect any accessories and disconnect the Bluetooth headsets.
- Make sure your fingers do not block the main microphone when you hold the device or record.
- Remove the protective film or case covering the main microphone or iPhone receiver.
- Clean the microphones or iPhone receiver of any dirt.
- Restart your device.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS installed.
If you still don’t hear your phone or FaceTime or Siri phone calls after following these steps, contact Apple Support.
FaceTime is not available in all countries and regions.