Iphone 4 Internet Problems
If the message “No network” or “Search” appears on the iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi Cellular) screen, or if you cannot connect to the cellular network, do the following:
Make sure you are within range of a cellular network. Then follow these steps.
- To enable or disable the data transfer feature over a cellular network, go to the Settings menu and select “Cellular Communication” or Mobile Data. On iPad, this section is called “Settings” “Cellular”.
- If you are abroad, make sure that data roaming is enabled on your device. Select “Settings” “Cellular” “Data Parameters” “Data roaming”.
Restart iPhone or iPad
Restart your device. If you do not know exactly how to do this, follow these steps.
Check for operator settings updates
To manually check for cellular service provider updates and install them, follow these steps:
- Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Open Settings “Basic” “About this device.” If an update is available, you will be prompted to update your cellular service provider.
- To find out the version of the operator’s settings on the device, select “Settings” “Basic” “About this device” and view the “Operator” section.
If you are going to use your iPhone or iPad with a new SIM card, you need to download the settings for the new mobile operator.
Removing a SIM Card
After you remove the SIM card, reinstall it. You may need to contact your service provider for help.
- If the SIM card is damaged or does not fit in the tray, ask your carrier for a new SIM card.
- If you transferred the SIM card from another device, ask your operator if this SIM card is compatible with your iPhone or iPad.
Reset network settings.
Go to the Settings menu “Basic” “Reset” “Reset network settings.” This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular network settings, as well as the VPN and APN settings that were used previously.
Updating iPhone or iPad
Update on the iPhone or iPad iOS to the latest version.
Contact to the telecom operator
Problems with the operator or account may affect the quality of service. Contact your operator to:
- check activity and status of the account;
- find out if there are any interruptions in work in your area;
- check if cellular services are blocked for your device and if the data transfer rate is selected correctly.
Only the mobile operator has access to your account data and the ability to manage it. If you can’t find the page for the mobile operator’s support service, read the article on mobile operator support or use any search engine on the Internet.
If the operator confirms that there is no problem with your account or network, but you still cannot connect to the cellular network, contact Apple Support.