Ipad Does Not Turn On Apple Is On And Off
What to do if the iPhone does not turn on and the apple hangs
An easy way to solve the problem is to reboot the device using the Home and Power buttons, which must be pressed and held for 10 seconds. If the reboot does not help, then an update or flashing of the device is required. To do this, run iTunes on your PC.
Step 1: Launch iTunes on your computer and connect the USB cable (you don’t need to connect the USB cable to the phone yet). Turn off the iPhone while holding the HOME POWER buttons (on iPhone 7, you need to hold HOME and. Volume)
Step 2. Press the HOME button and connect the USB cable to the device. Hold the HOME button until the iTunes logo and a plug image are displayed on the device screen.
Step 3. A notification will appear on the computer screen that the device is in recovery mode
Step 4. Now just click the Restore button. Be patient as Before restoring your iPhone to factory settings, your computer will need to download the latest version of iOS from Apple’s servers. In this case, the phone will lie with the screen off and not show signs of life. Even with a good fast internet connection, the download process can take 40 minutes or more. If your internet connection is unstable or slow, the process may never complete. Connect to a faster Wi-Fi connection.
The reasons why the apple burns but the iPhone does not turn on
Before referring to the instructions, you need to understand what caused the iPhone to not turn on and the apple on the black screen burns. The following reasons are listed:
1. Sometimes the battery is discharged, the phone is completely discharged, so an apple appears. Try connecting the charger and, after waiting 20 minutes, try turning on your iPhone again.
2. The phone freezes when you turn it on, probably a breakdown of the “Power” button. Occurs when disassembling an iPhone.
3. The device does not load beyond the apple. There is a problem with the power supply of the device. This often happens with phones during network jumps when charging.
4. The charging controller is broken, there was a power outage.
5. Problems with the power supply circuit of the device. The device lay on the charge during a strong power surge.
6. Problems with the motherboard, while the phone itself may sometimes boot up and even work for a while. True, the glowing apple on the iPhone screen will appear more and more often until it stops starting normally at all.
Iphone 5/6/7/8 / X / XS won’t turn on lit apple on and off how to solve?
Sometimes a glowing apple on the iPhone screen is on, it hangs and turns off, then the screen will be black, it does not respond to pressing. There are quite a few probable reasons for the appearance of this trouble. Today we’ll look at the most common iPhone won’t turn on problems and try to find a solution.
If your iPhone won’t turn on, even after the one tried above, there is still another way. Restore iPhone in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode. Follow the link and follow the step by step instructions.
There is an easier way to solve this problem, using Tenorshare ReiBoot, one-click you can enter recovery mode and exit recovery mode. Logging in or out can help you decide “the apple is on but the iPhone won’t start”.
1. Download Tenorshare ReiBoot for Mac or Windows from the official website. Install it. Connect your iPhone on board to your computer (or Mac) using a USB cable.
2. Run the program. You will see several buttons, but only one will be active. “Enter recovery mode”. Click on it and wait for a while. You will see the iTunes logo on your iPhone display.
3. Next, click the “Exit recovery mode” button. We are waiting for some time, which is necessary in order to restart your iPhone. Done!
Useful software for iPhone / iPad is always in great demand among users and often ends up in the collection of selected programs. Be sure to take note of the Tenorshare ReiBoot utility. It allows you to enter or exit iPhone recovery mode in the easiest and fastest way. And it will help when standard system methods do not work.
Reinstalling the system is a comprehensive solution to the problem
The appearance of a black screen with an apple primarily indicates a software malfunction. Breakdowns of this nature occur:
- After installing unverified apps
- After specifying incorrect parameters in the settings
To restore your iPhone yourself, you need to enter it into DFU mode. If all steps are performed correctly, the iPhone will automatically reinstall the system, and then turn on.
To enter recovery mode, you need to do the following:
- While holding the button, turn off the smartphone completely (the Apple logo should not light up on the screen)
- Connect the USB cable to the computer and launch iTunes (at this stage, the iPhone itself does not need to be connected to the laptop)
- Simultaneously press the “Home” and “Power” buttons (after 10 seconds, release the button responsible for turning on, “Home” continue to hold down)
- Connect smartphone to laptop
After a few seconds, iTunes will detect the device, after which you need to release the Home button and proceed to reinstall the system.
This method is also suitable if the phone takes a long time to load, often goes dead or programs hang periodically. Try to restore the system by flashing, if the smartphone still does not start, then professional diagnostics is required.
Important! When you turn on the iPhone in DFU mode, the device does not start, and the backlight does not work. Please note the following:
- The logo will not glow
- The screen must be completely black
- Only after the installation of the software is completed, an apple appears on the screen
It is recommended to use original USD cables and certified programs for flashing. Analogues do not always successfully cope with software updates, because iTunes may intermittently fail during device discovery.
What to do if the device does not boot
If you press the buttons, you see a black screen or the Apple logo glows and your device won’t boot, you need to follow the steps to find the cause of the problem. Disassembling an iPhone without professional tools is not worth it, as there is a risk of damaging the power button or power controller.
To independently identify the cause of the malfunction, you need to perform the following actions:
- Inspect the iPhone case and screen for chips, scratches and other damage (most often the iPhone turns on before the apple and turns off after a fall, because the internal elements were damaged)
- Check the battery charge (if the battery is not fully charged, the phone will not start, so you should connect the iPhone to the network and wait 20 minutes)
- Make a complex reboot (the power button and “Home” button are simultaneously clamped)
When charging, the device may also not respond for a long time to pressing the power button, because the power adapter is faulty. Connect the iPhone to the laptop and, after waiting for a while, try to boot the smartphone again.
Apple does not recommend:
- Use non-original accessories (they may give an insufficient number of amperes, which will cause malfunctions)
- Install unverified applications and software
- Charge your phone in case of strong power surges
If, after the fall, the iPhone does not turn on, the apple burns and goes out, and there is damage on the case or screen itself, then mechanical and software diagnostics of the smartphone is required, followed by the replacement of the display module.
The main causes of breakdowns
When the apple is on when turned on, but the system does not start, you can independently perform initial diagnostics and find the cause of the malfunction.
Most often, iPhone won’t boot due to the following factors:
- Malfunction of the “Power” button, power controller, display module and other internal elements (such problems occur when the iPhone falls)
- Incomplete battery charge (the device does not turn on further than an apple if there is not enough power)
- Defective USB cable or power adapter
- Corrosion of internal elements after moisture gets inside the phone
- Device overheating
It is possible to find a solution to the problem, if the root cause of what the apple lights up and goes out are not hardware problems, you can without outside help.
The “symptoms” of a malfunction can be different, for example:
- Smartphone turns on for a long time
- After full discharge does not charge
- The logo lights up when turned on, but the system freezes and does not start
- The screen is black, the logo is off
- At startup, the icon appears, the system boots completely, after which the screen shows the logo and goes out
If the smartphone did not fall, all the buttons worked properly, but the phone for some reason does not turn on even after charging, most likely, the battery has worn out. Such a malfunction can be prevented using routine device diagnostics.
Iphone turns on before logo
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback only from interested professionals
- Do not waste time communicating with intermediaries
The most common reasons that the iPhone does not turn on. The apple burns and goes out, are mechanical damage and software malfunctions. After heavy drops or moisture gets inside the smartphone, the display may stop working, due to which the touchscreen partially or completely stops responding. The apple often lights up, but the iPhone does not turn on, because there are problems with the hardware stuffing of the equipment.
For any problem, solutions can be found to quickly eliminate the cause of the problem. Breakdowns not related to damage or wear of internal elements are easily diagnosed and repaired on their own. In other cases, it is advisable to seek help from qualified specialists.
How to fix hardware problems
If you have followed all the above steps, but the apple still does not light up when you turn it on, most likely, the smartphone has broken down due to wear of the internal elements, after falling or getting moisture inside the phone. It is not advisable to fix hardware problems on your own, since without knowing the technical features of the iPhone, you can disrupt the operation of the motherboard.
The apple is constantly on, but the device itself does not turn on, with such hardware problems:
- The “Home” or “Power” button has broken
- There were problems with the power circuit (during charging, there was a strong voltage surge, which led to the system freezing or a failure in the settings)
- The battery is worn out (smartphones do not receive enough power, so they do not turn on)
- There was a failure in the operation of the flash memory (any of the microcircuits can fail, therefore, it is possible to accurately determine the cause of the failure only after computer diagnostics)
- The charging controller is broken
Also, when turned on, apples glow on the screens of smartphones, but the system does not boot if the motherboard is damaged. Without routine diagnostics, such a breakdown is difficult to detect in a timely manner, because at the initial stage the devices work, but after a while the phones turn off spontaneously, and when they start, apples burn on the screens.
Only experienced craftsmen can accurately and efficiently eliminate such defects. The qualifications of Yudu professionals allow you to quickly repair your iPhone and any malfunctions in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Performers Yuda suggest:
- Complex mechanical and computer diagnostics
- Repair using original parts
- Home visit at a convenient time
By ordering repairs using the Yudu online platform, you will not waste time traveling to the service center. Experts at your home will determine why the iPhone does not turn on. The apple is on, and they will fix the malfunction inexpensively.
When you turn on the iPhone freezes: possible reasons
Ordinary iPhone users are often victims of wars between hacker teams. The very ones that develop jailbreaks. For example, the desire of the Evad3rs group to overtake the rest of the teams and release the iOS 7 jailbreak first led to the fact that the problem of freezing Apple gadgets on the logo in 2013 became an epidemic. Due to the “dampness” of the Evasi0n 7 jailbreak utility, smartphones fell into a cyclic reboot. They switched on and off sequentially until the charge ran out.
However, if the iPhone turns on before the “apple” and turns off, this may be caused not only by a stupid attempt to “hack” the device, but also by a malfunction of the gadget at the hardware level. Here are some of the hardware problems that can trigger the appearance of the “white apple”:
- Breakdown of the power circuit. Such a breakdown is a consequence of a sharp voltage surge. In order to protect the gadget from a power circuit malfunction, you should not put it on charge during a thunderstorm. Battery failure. You can extend the life of the battery if you use only original and high quality chargers. Owners of old mobile devices are advised not to let the battery drain completely. Faulty motherboard. Such a breakdown does not immediately make itself felt. If with each launch of the iPhone the apple burns on the screen longer and longer, the user should take this as a symptom and start saving money for repairs.
The problem of the “white apple”, finally, may be due to the fact that the gadget is simply frozen. The Apple website has the following scale:
From this illustration, it is easy to understand that the manufacturer does not guarantee stable operation of the iPhone at temperatures below 32 ° Fahrenheit (which corresponds to 0 ° Celsius). If the smartphone is at a temperature of 4 ° Fahrenheit (-20 ° Celsius) for a long time, expect trouble.
The easiest way to get rid of the “white apple” caused by low ambient temperatures is to place the iPhone in a dry, warm place and leave it alone for at least 20 minutes.
How to get rid of the “white apple” if the iPhone is not jailbreakable?
If the “white apple” appears on an iPhone that has not been hacked, the first thing the owner of the device needs to do is to reboot the smartphone and after 5 minutes try to call it. What will such a test give? It’s very simple: if the call is in progress, then the gadget loading is interrupted at the very last stage. Therefore, it is possible to access the file system of the mobile device. And if there is access to the file system, then there is an opportunity to demolish the “buggy” applications that provoked the “white apple” problem.
Connect the gadget to a PC and, through the file manager, erase recently downloaded applications one by one (by analogy with tweaks), alternating uninstall operations with checks.
Let’s return to the test with a call: what to do if the result of the experiment is negative and the call on the iPhone with the “white apple” does not go? Such a test result indicates a hardware problem: only technical docks, masters of a soldering iron and a multimeter can fix it with their own hands. If you cannot call yourself a “guru” of mobile technology, you should not open the iPhone and go into the filling. You will only make it worse. Better to hand over the broken “apple” gadget to the caring hands of the service center masters.
Iphone won’t turn on: apple is on and off
Salon consultants make a helpless gesture: iPhones, which do not turn on after the “apple burns”, bring under warranty regularly. Buyers do not realize that they can solve this problem on their own. And it will take a minimum of time to fix the problem.
The notion that Apple technology is the most reliable is outdated; now iPhones are regular “guests” of service centers. One of the most common iPhone malfunctions is popularly called the “white apple”: the gadget starts up, the “apple” burns on the screen for a long time, then the screen just goes out.
Users, not knowing what to do in such a situation, immediately carry their gadgets to service centers, although they can fix the malfunction with their own hands. Without material expenditures or a 45-day wait for warranty repair. How to get rid of the “white apple”?
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on after jailbreak?
Step 1. Turn off your smartphone.
Step 2. Hold down the Volume Up () button on the side of the iPhone.
Step 3.With the key pressed, try to start the mobile device.
An iPhone turned on in this way boots without programs from Cydia. If the gadget turns on normally with the volume key pressed, the point is definitely in one of the tweaks.
It will not be possible to establish exactly which jailbreak tweak is problematic. Erase the programs one by one (starting with the one that you downloaded last) and after each operation try to start the smartphone in the usual way.
If the smartphone does not turn on even with the volume key pressed, the user has no other choice but to demolish the jailbreak. We talked about several ways how to remove jailbreak from iPhone. In case of the “white apple” problem, it is recommended to flash the device.
Re-flashing. It just sounds scary, in fact, the procedure is quite simple:
Step 1. Launch iTunes and connect iPhone to PC with cable.
Step 2. Put your smartphone in DFU mode. If this is not done, the PC simply will not see the connected gadget. You can find detailed instructions on how to activate DFU-mode on iPhone in our article on DFU-Mode.
Step 3. Itunes will display a notification that iPhone has been found in recovery mode.
Step 4. Click on the “Restore iPhone.” button.
Itunes will download and install the new firmware on the gadget itself. You just have to wait for the completion of the procedure.
Re-flashing in the described way is fraught with the loss of all data. The user will receive a completely “clean” device.
If the “white apple” problem appeared after a failed jailbreak, you should not hang your nose. In this case, you can fix the problem with your own hands. By flashing your smartphone and removing previously downloaded tweaks from Cydia.
But if the “apple” “hangs” on the iPhone, which did not go through the hacking procedure, for the owner of the gadget it is a wake-up call. It is very likely that the iPhone refuses to turn on due to a hardware failure, to fix which you will have to contact the service.
The apple lights up and the iPhone turns off. What to do
The apple lights up on the iPhone, after which the smartphone turns off. The wording of one of the most common iPhone problems. It can manifest itself really suddenly. Many users who have encountered a problem say on our forum that their smartphones turned into “brick” after making a call, removing some applications from the device, or other very standard actions. Whatever reason brings your iPhone to a similar state, this guide will help you solve the problem.
The apple lights up and the iPhone turns off. What to do
Step 1. Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable and launch iTunes. Make sure iTunes is up to date. You can check for iTunes updates on Windows by going to Help → Updates, on a Mac, from the Updates tab in the Mac App Store. You can download the current version of iTunes on the official Apple website.
Step 2. Press and hold the Home and Power buttons on iPhone at the same time for 10 seconds.
Step 3. Then release the Power button and continue holding the Home button until iTunes detects the device in recovery mode (about 10 seconds).
Step 4. In iTunes, click “Restore iPhone” and confirm to start the restore. Important! All media and other device data will be erased. The iPhone will also have the latest iOS version for your device.
Step 5. In the window that opens, click “Next” and “I Agree”.
Note that initially iTunes will download the iOS version required for the device from Apple servers, and only after that the recovery will begin. You can track the progress of the firmware download by clicking on the button in the upper right corner of iTunes.
It should also be emphasized that after connecting the iPhone to iTunes in DFU mode, nothing will be displayed on the smartphone screen. And only when iTunes downloads the firmware and starts direct recovery, the progress bar will appear on the iPhone display.
After successfully restoring the iPhone, all that remains is to make the initial setup and start using the device.
What to do if iTunes doesn’t detect iPhone in DFU mode
There are several reasons why iTunes may not detect the iPhone in DFU mode, ranging from the old version of iTunes to a technical malfunction. Before going to a service center or starting repairs on your own, it is recommended to check the integrity of the USB cable and USB port. Ideally, you can try to connect iPhone to iTunes on another computer with a work cable.
Additionally, the problem may be an iTunes error. In this case, iTunes must be reinstalled, but do it correctly, removing the program components in the following order:
- Apple Software Update.
- Apple Mobile Device Support.
- Apple Application Support (32-bit).
- Apple Application Support (64-bit).
An extensive guide on how to properly reinstall iTunes is available here.
If nothing helps to determine the iPhone in iTunes in DFU mode, then there is a high probability of a technical problem. In most cases, the battery is the culprit, and after replacing it, the iPhone starts to function normally again. For detailed instructions on how to change the battery yourself on different iPhone models, visit our website:
- How to change the battery on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
- How to replace the battery on iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.
- How to replace battery on iPhone 5s.
- How to replace battery on iPhone 5.
- How to replace the battery on iPhone 4.
But be warned, there may be a problem with other iPhone components, so the best way out of this situation is to go to a service center.
The iPhone does not turn on but the apple is on the screen. What to do?!
Popular smartphones from Apple, whatever one may say, this is the same computer, albeit a mobile one. And with him, like other representatives of this class of devices, troubles can happen. Both hardware and software. One of the common reasons that can happen to them is when the iPhone does not turn on, but the apple is on after pressing the Power button.
People call this unpleasant problem the “white apple”. In fact, this is a certain state of the iPhone, which is characterized by the display of the company’s logo on the screen (a bitten glowing apple) when trying to turn on the smartphone. In this case, further loading of the device does not continue. At the same time, he does not react to anything and, as usual, does not turn off. How to be?
The simplest thing to try is a Hard Reset. But let’s take our time and consider all the options in order.
So, what can you do to restore the phone’s working capacity if the iPhone does not turn on??!
There are such methods:
How to setup?
Everything about the Internet, networks, computers, Windows, iOS and Android
Option 1. Hard Reset
We turn off the iPhone using the Hard Reset method, that is, the so-called “hard reset”. To do this, you need to simultaneously hold down and hold down two buttons for 10 seconds: Home and Power. Keep it out until the device turns on.
Option 2. Reinstall iOS
If the first method did not help, you should try reinstalling the software on the iPhone. To do this, the iPhone launches in DFU mode. This is done like this. We connect the smartphone to the computer and launch the iTunes program. Next, hold down the Power and Home buttons. You need to hold it for about ten seconds. After this time, only the Power button must be released. After that, Aytyuns should see the device (the screen will remain dark).
Well, then the program should offer to restore the device from a backup and reinstall iOS.
Then, after the device is restored. Make a software update.
Option 3. Picking Cydia
This method is an alternative to the previous one in the event that you do not want to restore the device, or for some reason cannot do it while the iPhone does not turn on or off, but the glowing apple is on.
Here I will make a small lyrical digression. The fact is that very often the reason that the iPhone does not turn on is the installation of some third-party application, which either did not get up correctly, or does not work correctly. Then you should try to remove it and restart your smartphone. Another equally common reason is Cydia tweaks.
To restore the performance of the iPhone, which has an apple on the screen and does not disappear, let’s try to download it without Cydia tweaks. To do this, turn off the device, press the volume up button. “” And hold it down, wait until iOS boots without Cydia tweaks. If the download in this mode is successful, the reason is clearly in the last installed Tweak. Delete it and the device will work again.
If it still does not boot, then restart it again. Then after 5 minutes try to call your iPhone.
If you manage to get through. Great! This indicates that the phone’s loading is interrupted at the very last moment of the OS launch. Then you need to try to access the file system through the iTools or iFunBox programs and use them to look for the files that are responsible for the failure.
Otherwise, whether you like it or not, in order to remove the burning apple on the phone screen, you still have to reinstall the IOS using the method I described earlier.
Note: This instruction is suitable not only for smartphones iPhone 4, 5 or 6, but also for iPad tablets, because both there and there one operating system is installed, which means that an apple can burn on the iPad and it does not turn on and does not turn off.
Good luck and stable work!
IOS Restore or Update via iTunes
Itunes. Apple’s media combine. Is often mistrusted due to its button-laden interface and confusing navigation. In fact, the tool: it will help you filter both the entertainment library, and will help with the recovery of a locked or non-working iPhone.
The only thing you have to deal with is downloading and installing the latest version of iTunes, and connecting your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable. Next. Go to the parameters of mobile technology, presented in the section “Overview”.
It is advisable to prepare an up-to-date backup copy of the contents of the internal memory at the bottom of the interface before starting the procedure. Formally, no data can disappear when the iPhone is restored. But extra safety net does not hurt. Backups are generated and stored: either on computer hard drives, or in iCloud cloud storage in iOS settings.
Regardless of the choice, you will have to return to the top of the interface and click on the “Restore iPhone” button. Itunes will automatically download the update files and transfer the latest version of iOS to mobile devices in the background. The procedure takes on average up to 30 minutes (this is due to the preparation and preliminary unpacking of files before updating or restoring). After several reboots, the problem with the “iPhone does not turn on, the apple is on and off” disappears.
Iphone does not turn on (apple burns and goes out): from reasons to reset
Hello! Today I ran into a problem. The iPhone does not turn on, the apple is on, and the smartphone itself just goes out. At first it seems to turn on, then it turns off and it goes out. And so constantly when you turn on.
Apple mobile technology rarely encounters unsolvable technical problems and errors. But the problem with the iPhone not turning on or hanging on the apple logo has already become overgrown with legends and has become a widespread phenomenon. And that means it’s time to figure out the details and find out why the iPhone does not turn on, the apple burns and goes out, and how to save mobile equipment using iTunes.
- Reasons why the Apple logo is on and the iPhone won’t turn on
- Reset iOS settings
- IOS Restore or Update via iTunes
- Iphone Recovery via Third Party Software
Reasons why the Apple logo is on and the iPhone won’t turn on
- System crash caused by software problems or recent updates to the iOS operating system. In some situations, the problem also appears when interacting with unsupported characters. We are talking about hieroglyphs sent via iMessage, which on some iOS versions lead to an emergency shutdown of the iPhone.
- Battery discharged or defective.
- The power adapter and charging cable are damaged and are not able to charge the iPhone even up to 5%, which is why the apple logo does not disappear.
- Mechanical damage: iPhone fell and constantly restarts, remained under water for a long time, or lay for several hours in the sun or in the cold.
Reset iOS settings
If the iPhone does not turn on periodically (out of 5 times, no more than 2-3 freezes on the Apple logo), then before contacting the service center and experimenting with the DFU mode, it will not hurt to roll back the operating system parameters to the “factory” state. The procedure will not take even 10 minutes, and even a backup copy will not be needed: the content stored in memory will not disappear anywhere.
The reset starts from the “Settings” menu “General”. The desired section is at the bottom of the list, right above the “Turn off” button.
After the transition from the actions that appear, it remains to select “Reset all settings”, enter the PIN code (verification via Touch ID or Face ID is not available) and wait until iOS clears the parameters and restarts the iPhone.
Often, a reset is already enough to get rid of freezes and technical problems when an apple blinks or the iPhone screen starts to blank out unexpectedly. But even more often, you can’t even look into the “Settings”. Ios doesn’t even load. Therefore, it’s time to move on to universal methods.
Iphone Recovery via Third Party Software
Unofficial software tools handle iOS issues like iTunes. And sometimes they offer even more: an intuitive interface, a predictable course of actions and recommendations for beginners.
The same ReiBoot diagnostic service, adapted for computers with Windows and MacOS, offers in a matter of moments:
- Run DFU mode without holding the buttons on the iPhone case, but through a special menu in the interface.
- Return to standard mode or go to a special section with “Support”. Where tips appear for situations when an apple is on or mobile equipment does not respond to pressing.
It is easy to interact with ReiBoot: the developers first suggest connecting the iPhone to the computer using a cable, and then. In the interface that opens. Select “Enter recovery mode”.
How you have to proceed depends on the reason for the appearance of the non-disappearing logo and the version of the iPhone (4, 5S, 6, 6S, 7 or newer). But with a 99% probability, ReiBoot will first download the stable version of iOS from the official Apple servers (either new, or the current one, but “reset” to factory settings).
Then it will automatically start the update process. The procedure takes from 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the speed of the Internet, the amount of space occupied on the internal memory of the iPhone and the number of errors found in iOS.
What to do if an iPhone is frozen on an apple
After updating or rebooting, it may happen that the iPhone hangs on the apple and does not turn on. How to solve this problem and start the smartphone again, read our article.
The long-awaited iOS 13 update was released recently. We talked about its main features in a separate article. Sometimes an upgrade carries not only cool features, but also a bunch of bugs. Sometimes, installing an update leads to the fact that the smartphone freezes on the boot screen and does not want to turn on. Also, this problem may occur after restarting the device. Sometimes the iPhone freezes when connected to a PC or unsuccessful Jailbreak. What is it, read here.
Less commonly, the problem occurs due to the hardware. Usually after an unsuccessful or self-repair. To prevent such a sad outcome, we advise you to use only the advice of Apple Authorized Service Centers.
Fortunately, in many cases, it is easy to fix everything yourself without contacting the service. We will show you several proven methods that will help revive the iPhone, which turns on and off before the apple.
Hard restart when the iPhone won’t turn on and the apple is on
Turn it off and on again. This method helps in most cases, not only with broken iPhones, but also with PCs, routers and mobile gadgets. The process for starting Hard Reset depends on your iPhone model.
Recovery through DFU mode
In case your iPhone does not turn on, the apple burns and goes out when you reboot, a special firmware update mode is provided, it is also the DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode. When it is a forced rollback of the system, error diagnosis and emergency device update.
If the reboot and recovery option did not help you, then DFU will become a kind of “plan B”. We still do not recommend starting with it. Try Hard Reset and Recovery first, and if nothing works, proceed to recovery via DFU.
DFU mode works mostly on older iPhones. Here’s how to turn it on.
- Connect iPhone to PC using iTunes.
- Press the Power and Home buttons at the same time as in a reboot and hold them for ten seconds.
- Release the Power key, but hold Home until a message appears in iTunes about entering the smartphone into DFU mode.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reset your iPhone.
Unlike the Recovery mode, the DFU works with the screen off, on which no icons are displayed. During the firmware update, all data will be deleted from the iPhone: you will have to re-enter your Apple ID and adjust the iOS settings. To avoid losing important files when you reset your device, save them to the cloud beforehand. We wrote more about backup in a separate article.
How to Force Restart iPhone with Home Button
Older iPhones are still equipped with a Home button. These are all devices from the first iPhone to the iPhone X. The most popular ones are: iPhone SE, iPhone 5 / 5s, iPhone 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus.
- If you have a sixth iPhone or an older model, to restart, you need to hold down the Home button and the power key for about 10 seconds until the apple icon disappears from the screen. Also it shouldn’t blink.
- If you have an iPhone 7 or older, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until the white manufacturer logo disappears.
During the restart, the phone will restore all disturbed processes and start up normally. Remember that after this you will need to enter the password from your Apple ID account.
How to make a Hard Reset on an iPhone without a button
New iPhones don’t have a home button. Namely. On the iPhone X, iPhone XS / XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11/11 Pro / 11 Pro Max. But even for them, you can carry out a forced reboot if the iPhone does not turn on, but the apple is on.
The process is a little more complicated than for older models.
- Press the volume up button and release it.
- Also press the volume down key.
- Hold the power button and hold it until the screen goes blank (the Apple logo disappears) and the device starts to reboot.
We use Recovery Mode if the iPhone does not turn on
In order not to lose information on the iPhone, you can try using the recovery mode. Aka Recovery. This method is most effective if the problem occurs after a failed system update. The smartphone will reinstall iOS without erasing your personal data.
- Connect iPhone to computer using Lightning wire.
- If you have an iPhone 7 or older, press the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. If an older iPhone model. The Home key and power.
- Wait for the notification that the smartphone is put into recovery mode and follow the tips on the PC screen.