IPad 2 unlink from iCloud
Why most unlocking options don’t work?
The blocking function has appeared since the operating version iOS 7. It was designed to create additional protection in case of loss of a smartphone or tablet. Everything is arranged so that no one can gain access to personal data or resell the device in case of theft. Access can be obtained only knowing the information about the Apple ID account, which is created or linked at the very beginning of using the equipment. All known methods available on technology running the Android operating system, in this case, will not help because of the completely different system component and its isolation, even from specialists. So, you will not be able to get access using the following methods:
- Exit to the system menu with a subsequent attempt to reflash;
- Full reset to factory settings;
- Downgrading the operating system;
- Replacement of certain components to disguise the device as something else. This option worked only on models without Wi-Fi module support.
All because of the company’s proprietary service called iCloud. iCloud is an online service that allows you to remotely store personal data, including photos, videos, and documents. It also allows you to synchronize information between different devices. By creating an Apple ID and connecting to the Internet, the user automatically syncs with iCloud. All information about the equipment used is entered there, including the data of the Wi-Fi module and the internals of the iPad, which significantly increases security, but at the same time creates some problems for inexperienced users.
Reasons for blocking
There are many options for blocking, and many of them are as commonplace as possible. Most often, people are familiar with them who are not very skillful, know how to use modern technology, inattentive individuals who forget the entered personal data and the very last type is those who like to buy tablets from their hands without checking it thoroughly before buying. Let’s take a quick look at all the possible causes:
- At the beginning of work, the user will be prompted to create a security password. If he forgot it in further use and entered the data incorrectly 6 times, the device is blocked. In this case, unlocking will be the easiest;
- After updating or resetting the device to factory settings, you will need to enter the details of the Apple ID account to which the tablet was linked. If a person has forgotten them, then he will not be able to continue working with him;
- When buying a device on the Internet “from hand” you need to check in advance whether it is assigned to the account of the previous owner. Someone does not know that this needs to be done, but someone leaves it on purpose with the subsequent extortion of money for unlocking. In the worst case, it could be an attempt to sell a stolen tablet;
- The iCloud account was hacked by cybercriminals with the subsequent blocking of the attached equipment. After that, a message appears on the tablet stating that the tablet has been stolen, and below is the text from hackers with information on transferring the required amount to return access;
- The tablet was found on the street and was lost by someone else, if the lost person quickly realized it, he blocked the device. Most often, in such cases, a phone number or information is indicated by which you can contact in order to return the loss.
Unlocking the iPad 2, 3, 4 tablet
Many users of Apple technology at least once, but faced the problem of blocking the device. It occurs for a variety of reasons, but the most common is 6 unsuccessful attempts to enter a password from a protected device. After that, the tablet goes into a locked state and many people in a panic try to figure out how to restore access, and some give up. All because of the online system iCloud, which does not just unlock the iPad. Read on to learn what iCloud is and how to unlock your iPad.
If you forgot your password from iPad models 2, 3 and 4
This is the easiest method to unlock iPad 2 and other versions. There are two options for this:
Synchronization with backup data saved in iTunes. Works only if the information has been synchronized with Apple services at least once, and you have also logged into iTunes. To gain access you will need:
- We connect the device to the computer on which the synchronization was carried out. We do this using a direct cable connection. When connecting, the program may require a password, in which case we connect to another computer;
- Once connected, synchronization will start and a backup will be created on your computer. After completing the process, click on the “Restore” item;
- During the procedure, a screen with settings will appear, select “Restore from a copy of iTunes”. Choose iPad model 3 or any other that you want to restore, and then, depending on the date, click on the required backup. After that, the data will be rolled back to the previous version.
If the device has never synchronized with iTunes on a PC, then you will need to resort to the second method. Factory reset, which will lose all personal information.
- We connect the tablet to the computer, after turning it off.
- We hold down the “Home” key, which is located at the bottom of the case. We hold it until the tablet turns on and the inscription “Connect to the iTunes service” appears.
- At this moment, a message will appear in the program on the computer that the device has entered the “Recovery” mode, when setting up we select the iPad. as a new device.
This method works for regular tablets as well as iPad mini and iPad Air.
Unlocking devices for the most part does not differ depending on the iPad model. To a greater extent, it is influenced by the reason for blocking. So, there are official options for restoring access to the tablet. But they are only suitable if the tablet was purchased with your own hands, and not through third parties who managed to use it, and did not delete their iCloud data. Next, we will consider how to unlock an iPad tablet with various types of locking.
How to unblock iCloud
Any iPad from version 2 to version 4 can be unlocked in 2 ways. by officially contacting Apple technical support and replacing some components, while presenting the tablet as a completely different device, replacing its identifier in the information system.
Suitable only for those people who bought the tablet with their own hands, and not with their hands on the Internet. Since it will need: a check, a box and a warranty card.
Information from the site with part of the available support numbers
- After making sure that the documents are present on the iPad, follow the link https://selfsolve.Apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
- We enter the serial number of the device and check access to free maintenance. If it is not there, then you will have to pay extra.
- It is advisable to remember in advance what personal data was entered when registering an Apple ID and remember the answer to the secret question. Most often they are required when contacting support.
- Then follow the link. https://support.Apple.com/ru-ru/HT201232. Next, select the “Europe” region and find the required technical support number. You can also apply in text format if needed. To do this, go down below and click on the “Contact” button.
Panel with an appeal to online support
When talking to tech support, do not mention that the tablet has been configured by someone else, which is why access is now lost. Insist that you just forgot your login information. Otherwise nothing will work.
Some repair shops offer replacement parts to unlock the device. This method works only from a tablet without Wi-Fi module support, since the blocking is triggered only by the serial code and IMEI. This option is unreliable and expensive, but if there are no other options, then only he remains.
Wipe Apple ID completely
There can be several reasons for permanently deleting Apple ID, most often it is connected with the user’s desire to clear his “history” on Apple servers and create a new account. What will be deleted in this case?
- All personal data about the user without the possibility of recovery;
- All purchases in iTunes, App Store and other Apple services are non-recoverable;
- All data from the cloud service iCloud without the possibility of recovery.
How to Remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID to iCloud Remotely
Go to iCloud.com from a computer and log in with the Apple ID and password of the iPhone or iPad owner;
Select the “Find iPhone” section. Click on the All devices button at the top of the screen. a list of devices linked to this account will appear, select the one you need;
If the device is offline, click Remove from Find iPhone.
If the device is online. in the window that appears on the right, select “Erase iPhone“. Confirm the deletion and complete the procedure by clicking “Remove from account”.
How to completely remove an Apple ID
To do this, you need to go to a special section of the Apple website dedicated to data privacy, log in with your Aplpe ID and answer security questions, select the “Delete account” item and start the process.
There are a few simple steps here, such as: specifying the reason for deleting an account, confirming that you have read the terms and conditions for deleting, entering an email address to receive information on the procedure.
This is followed by an important point. a 12-digit code will be generated, which will remain the only way for the user to verify his identity if he changes his mind to delete the account. The procedure itself takes up to seven days, which are required by the support service to confirm the legality of the request, after which the user will receive a notification to the specified E-mail or phone number.
Why remove Apple ID?
In fact, by “removing Apple ID” most users mean decoupling the identifier from a specific device. For example, when buying or selling an iPhone or iPad, so that the new owner does not get access to correspondence in iMessage, personal photos, contact list and in order to avoid problems in the future when using the device directly, it is necessary to unlink the iPhone or iPad from iCloud (delete Apple ID) and disable activation lock (Find iPhone, Activation Lock).
Another common case is the use of content from one account by multiple users. For example, there is a “corporate” Apple ID for which the necessary set of content has been purchased (applications from the App Store, books in iBooks, Apple Music subscriptions, whatever), and ordinary employees at the right time (for example, to install updates) leave their personal Apple ID accounts and are authorized under the “corporate”.
However, there are also cases when Apple ID needs to be deleted irrevocably. The ability to do this without directly contacting Apple technical support has appeared only recently, and at the end of this article we will talk about how to completely destroy all data about yourself stored on the company’s servers.
How to remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID in iCloud if you have the device in your hands
When you sign out of Apple ID on a mobile device, iOS will ask you to delete data, while you can leave some of them (for example, Contacts and Notes) or not delete anything at all, saving all the content on the gadget. It is important to understand that we are talking only about the information that is stored on the built-in physical storage, while most users additionally synchronize Photos, Contacts, Messages and other data with the iCloud cloud. This allows you to completely erase and unlink your iPhone from your Apple ID, and then easily and quickly restore all content to another device.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (at the very top where your first and last name are listed).
In the latest versions of iOS, the user is offered three options for logging out of the Apple ID account:
- Sign out of iCloud and the Store. completely decouple Apple ID from the device;
- Exit the Store. iCloud sync is still working, apps from the App Store, for example, can be installed from another account;
- Signing out of iCloud. on the contrary, leaves the user with the current Apple ID in iTunes (App Store, Apple Music, etc.), but disconnects the device from the cloud service.
In the pop-up window that appears, select “Sign out of iCloud and Store” if you need to sign out of iCloud (unlink the device) and services from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, etc. Or the item “Log out of iCloud”, if you just need to unlink the device from iCloud.
Enter the password to disable Find My iPhone and tap Off.
Now go to Settings → General → Reset → Erase Content and Settings.
After entering the password, click “Erase [device]”.
After completing the above steps, the iOS device will be removed (untethered) from iCloud with the activation lock turned off (Find iPhone, Activation Lock). In addition, the iPhone or iPad will be reset to factory settings, deleting all data.
Remove iCloud (Apple ID), or how to unlink iPhone or iPad from Apple account?
As you know, in all its devices and services, Apple uses a single user identification system, which requires the latter to authorize via Apple ID to perform important actions. buying and downloading content, managing confidential data and settings, etc. At the same time, many owners of iOS devices and Macs often face the need to unlink or completely remove Apple ID.
How to check if there are unfamiliar devices associated with your Apple ID account
To make sure that there are no devices that do not belong to you linked to your Apple ID account (perhaps they are tracking you), do the following.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (where your first and last name appears).
You will see a list of devices that are also tied to the Apple ID that you are using.
Select an unfamiliar device that does not belong to you.
Click “Remove from Account” and then “Remove”.
Change your Apple ID password immediately by:
- launch the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section.
- select Password & Security, and then click Change Password.
- Change your password. You can learn more about Apple ID password requirements in this article. And how to come up with complex passwords and never forget them, we talked here.
Why delete a previous user’s iСloud account?
The biggest danger of not coping with the decoupling of the Athos is that when buying a phone from your hands, you can face big problems. If iCloud is not untied, then the iPhone may soon be locked. Without knowing the login information, the iPhone turns into a museum piece, and you can no longer use it.
Even if you have been using a purchased used iPhone for some time without any problems, after the first update, the system will display a message about iPhone activation. In this case, only the iCloud account with which the phone was initially set up will be suitable. Resetting settings and flashing unlocking will not help.
Factory Reset iCloud Locked iPad And Remove iCloud Account iPhone iOS 6,7,8,9,10,11,12
What to do if you bought an iPhone with Apple ID or iCloud
How to untie iPhone (iPhone) from Apple ID (Aykloud) without knowing username and password? 5 WAYS (Reviews)
How to check iPhon for Activation Lock?
At the beginning of 2017, Apple stopped supporting a page where it was possible to check for the presence of Activation Lock via an iPhone email. Explained by the intervention of hackers.
The page is still disabled today. Therefore, when buying an iPhone, be sure to ask the previous owner to unlink the gadget from the existing account.
The main thing is not to be guided by assurances: “He will work fine anyway it’s okay.”.
It doesn’t function like that. It is worth at least once to update the firmware, as the real owner is simply left with a “brick”.
It will not be possible to disable Activation Lock even by flashing the phone in any known way.
The reason is to check for a lock when you first start the gadget, restore, or update the firmware.
Information about the blocking of a specific iOS device is stored on the Apple server.
There are simply no options to eliminate information remotely.
Disable Apple ID on a device
If you have access to an iPhone that uses an account with a specific Apple ID, you can disable linking directly from your smartphone:
- Go to iPhone Settings and click on the Apple ID tab. This is the very first item in the settings;
- Scroll down to the “Sign out” item and click on it to log out from this device.
Attention! In the latest versions of iOS, additional items have appeared when logging out of the account:
In our case, you need to use the third option. you will completely remove all traces of authorization through your account, and also prevent any access to your Apple ID.
You will need to confirm the exit by entering your account password. Also, the settings in Find My iPhone will be reset, and this application will be turned off. Done?
Now you need to go to “Settings”, go to the “General” item and click the “Reset” tab. Here, click on the “Erase content and settings” item so that the system will automatically delete all data from the smartphone and reset it to factory settings. In this case, you get a “clean device” to which you can link new accounts and set your own settings in the future.
Removing Apple ID from iPhone
Follow these steps to unlock successfully:
- Open Settings
- At the very top, the Apple ID section will be displayed, indicating the owner’s first and last name. Go to this section.
- At the bottom, click Exit
- Choosing one of the exit options
- Enter the password to disable “Find iPhone”
- Turn off (Off)
- Open the Settings menu. General. Reset. Erase content and settings.
- Click. Erase device.
After completing all the steps, the iPhone will be completely unlinked from iCloud. All data is deleted and the phone is reset to factory settings.
iPad 2 iCloud Activation Lock bypass A1396 icloud bypass hardware _Easy Tricks
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is no longer with you
If the above steps were not completely completed and you no longer have the device, do the following.
- Ask the new owner to erase all content and settings as described above.
- If your device uses iCloud and Find [device], sign in to your account at iCloud.com/find or Find My on another device, select the device you want, and click Erase. After deleting the data from the device, click “Remove from account”.
- If you can’t complete any of the suggested steps, change your Apple ID password. In this case, the personal information on your old device will not be deleted, but the new owner will also not be able to delete it from iCloud.
- If you do not plan to use Apple phones in the future, deregister with iMessage.
- If you’re using Apple Pay, you can delete your credit or debit card information on iCloud.com. Select Account Settings to see which devices use Apple Pay, then click the device. Click “Delete” next to Apple Pay.
- Remove the old device from the list of trusted devices.