Increasing Microphone Sensitivity Android 7 1 2
Sensitivity change through the engineering menu
Before increasing the sensitivity of the spoken microphone of the device on Android through the engineering menu, it is recommended to record each step, as well as the normal value parameters on a piece of paper. If your manipulations do not take effect, you can always return to the standard settings.
The first stage is to call the engineering menu itself. To do this, activate the dialer menu, and then enter the following combinations:
If your phone is not here, just drive the model into a search and find out a unique code for entering.
After getting into the engineering menu, familiarize yourself with its interface and the settings that it provides. The external design design may vary on different phone models, but the overall structure and variable parameters are the same everywhere. Go to the Audio section.
All kinds of audio settings will open before you. Let’s see what each of them is responsible for:
- Normal Mode. parameters of the active mode (no audio devices are connected to the phone);
- Headset Mode. parameters when turning on the headset or external speakers;
- LoudSpeaker Mode. speakerphone settings. It is activated when switching to the loudspeaker during a conversation;
- Headset_LoudSpeaker Mode. a combination of a speaker with connected headphones. It is activated when the speakerphone is turned on after connecting to any external audio device;
- Speech Enchancement is active during a normal conversation on a smartphone (it is not connected to anything, while it is not in speaker mode);
- Debug Info. data on backup recovery;
- Speech Logger. registration of conversation logs;
- Audio Logger. built-in software for sound recording with support for search, quick start and save.
It is better not to go into the three most recent sections. Their purpose is not fully understood, and an accidental change in some settings can lead to a system crash or a malfunction of the phone. Other modes offer a wide selection of sound options that are not available in the regular menu. When you click on any of the sections you will see the following characteristics:
These values are decrypted as follows:
- Sip. parameters of online calls;
- Mic. change the settings of the spoken microphone;
- Sph, Sph2. settings of the main and additional conversational speaker;
- Sid. changing these parameters can lead to a distortion of the phone call. You will hear yourself instead of the person you have typed. Better not to touch;
- Media. media playback volume;
- Ring. parameters of incoming calls;
- FMR. radio playback level settings.
If you go to one of these sections, it opens directly the settings menu. The first item is changing the volume (or sensitivity) of the audio device (Level). In total, you can select seven different steps of this parameter. Thus, Level 0 will be considered the lowest sound level, and Level 6. the maximum. Each of these metrics can be more finely tuned using the Value function. It reflects the sound level (or sensitivity) specifically for the selected Level value. The parameter ranges from 0. 255. To change it, you need to remove the previous value, add your own and press the “Set” key.
At the very bottom is the Max Vol parameter. (0. 172). This is the maximum level of audio device operation; it remains constant when the Level characteristic changes.
Having familiarized ourselves with the work of the engineering menu in theory, let’s move on to practice. To increase the sensitivity of the microphone while talking on an Android device, use the following algorithm:
- Go to the engineering menu, and then select the “Audio” section.
- Go to the “Normal Mode” subsection, and in it. to “Mic”.
- To achieve the best effect, assign all the Level values the same Value characteristic (for example, 235).
- Confirm your selection by pressing the “Set” key. This will save the entered settings to the phone.
Many people may not be comfortable with microphone sensitivity when recording sound to a recorder or recording. To fix this, follow these steps in sequence:
- In the engineering menu, click on the “Audio” tab.
- Select “LoudSpeaker Mode” and “Mic” in it.
- Raise Value at all sound levels. Adjust the sensitivity to achieve the desired audio capture volume.
- Save the parameters by clicking on the “Set” button.
Do not forget to press the “Set” button to save, otherwise your command will not be displayed in the phone memory. Many devices also require a reboot of the Android OS for the changes to take effect.
Sensitivity change with third-party programs
If you have problems accessing the Android engineering menu or if you did not find the desired character combination for your phone, then don’t be upset. Using the Mobileuncle Tools application, you can unlock this service on any device. To get into the engineering menu using the program, you need:
- Install and open the application.
- Provide developer capabilities.
- Select the Engineer Mode section.
- After that, the engineering menu will open, the principle of operation of which is described in the section above.
Using the Volume program, you can increase the sensitivity of the headset microphone without entering the engineering menu. The application is absolutely free, and you will not need Root rights to work with it. To increase the sensitivity of the microphone on the headset, do the following:
- Go to the “Headset Settings” menu.
- Select “Simple Volume Up”.
- Choose the level of magnification that fits your headset.
If the proposed methods did not help increase the microphone sensitivity on Android, then you need to think about the hardware nature of the breakdown. Here, the correct solution would be to contact a service center directly to replace or calibrate the part.