Incorrect Apple ID or password what to do
How to know if your Apple ID has been hacked?
- A message from cybercriminals after locking iPhone, iPad and Mac is a surprise.
Message from Apple stating that your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud from a web browser or Find My iPhone.
We will not consider the first case (there is no need), but the second is interesting.
Remember the celebrity iCloud hack scandal and intimate photo leaks last year? Since then, Apple has implemented an email alert when logging into iCloud from a web browser and Find My iPhone, which cannot be disabled.
- On a Mac or Windows computer (you can also use a tablet or smartphone), launch any web browser, such as Google Chrome.
- Go to http://icloud.com and log in (enter your Apple ID and password).
The email address that matches your Apple ID will receive a message with the subject: “Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud from a web browser.”.
Of the following content:
“If you haven’t signed in to iCloud recently and think someone else might have access to your account, you need to reset your password on the Apple ID page at https://Appleid.Apple.com.”.
If the message did not arrive, check the Spam folder of your mail service and add the address “email@example.com” to the list of spam filter exceptions.
If the message is not in your inbox or spam, clear your cookies and delete site data in your web browser:
- Google Chrome: “Settings. Show advanced settings. Content settings. All cookies and site data. Delete everything”.
Safari: “Preferences. Confidentiality. Delete all website data “.
So, if you received a notification that your Apple ID was used to log into iCloud from a web browser or the Find iPhone application and it was not you. your Apple ID was 100% hacked.
It will take time for attackers to change your Apple ID and confirm the changes, but they will do it faster than you can react and change your account password. So output 2.
Hacked Apple ID, what to do?
- Attackers hacked your Apple ID.
- A notification was sent to the primary email address (aka Apple ID) specified in your account settings.
- You tried to enter Apple ID settings and change your password, but to no avail. the ID and password changed faster than you.
- Wait for a message from cybercriminals demanding a ransom for Apple ID. It will be something like this: “The bourgeois apparatus is locked and all backups have been erased. If you feel sorry for throwing out your device, then write to the mail. “.
Inexperienced burglars leave a contact phone number, Skype, ICQ or other contact information by which you can contact them and receive further instructions.
Contact Apple Support, provide your Apple ID password and answer the security questions you chose when you signed up for your account. After that, control over the Apple ID will be returned to you and promptly enough (if you call, not write to the mail).
If you do not remember the answers to security questions, Apple support will not help you. there are also no fools sitting there. It remains to pay the ransom. What?
Hacked Apple ID, what to do?
Literally every day, as if from a cornucopia, we receive requests: “Hacked Apple ID, help…”. In 100% of cases, targeted hacking is accompanied by the blocking of all devices connected to the Apple account, it can be an iPhone, iPad or a Mac computer (“dinosaurs” like the iPod Touch are of no interest to anyone). For what purpose? Trite. ransom.
In order not to respond with standard phrases in the comments, feedback or personal messages on the site, under the cut I will tell you what to do if your Apple ID has been hacked.
Hacking Apple ID has been put on stream. dishonest people take advantage of the careless attitude of the vast majority of iPhone and iPad owners to the security of their personal data, and do not hesitate to make good money on it (unlocking an Apple ID with an iPhone connected costs 1,000 rubles). We will tell you how they hack and how to protect themselves from it another time. Now we will solve the problem “after the fact”.
Why Apple IDs are hacked?
The reasons may be “exotic”, but in 99% of cases they are commonplace:
The bulk of cybercriminals do not care about your personal data stored in iCloud, they either turn on Lost Mode on iPhones, iPads and Mac computers, or they erase them. if the device cannot be locked with a password (this happens if Touch ID and a lock password are enabled on the victim’s device ).
“How much is opium for the people” or “price list” for unlocking Apple ID
Money is charged for information about the new Apple ID and password.
In most cases, the price tag fits into the box:
- 1000 rubles. with an iPhone connected to Apple ID;
- 2000 rubles with an iPad connected;
- 3000 rubles for a Mac computer.
The are individual, if several Apple devices are connected to your Apple ID at once. bargain.
The thought that my personal data in iCloud (contacts, notes, photos, tasks and documents) have become the property of someone scares me more than the activation lock. Who knows how they will be used ?! If we are similar in this, please contact Apple support as soon as possible, or follow the requirements of the attackers. there is no other way.
Do you have any questions, additions or comments to the presented material? Write in the comments, in messages on the site and on the feedback of personal consultations, we do not give. there are many of you, and we can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
How to reset a forgotten Apple ID password
There are 2 ways to reset your Apple ID password:
- By email.
- By answering security questions.
And so the first way to reset Apple ID password is as follows:
- Go here: http://iforgot.Apple.com/. enter the e-mail identifier of your Apple ID and click Continue
- Select the item “Answer security questions”
- Enter your date of birth (specified when registering Apple ID)
- We answer two security questions correctly
- Enter a new password
The second way to reset your Apple ID password is easier than the first, but for this you need to have access to the email to which your iCloud account is linked.
- Connect your device to the Internet (Wi-Fi, LTE or 3G).
- In Settings in the menu “App Store, iTunes Store” or in the menu “iCloud” click on the inscription Forgot Apple ID or password
- Enter your Apple ID (primary email address).
- Select the “Reset by e-mail” password reset method and click on the “Next” button.
- Your backup or, if not connected and verified, your primary email address will receive a message with the subject “Reset Apple ID Password”.
- Click on the “Reset Password” link. Safari will open and the Apple ID password reset page will load.
- Enter your new password twice and click on the “Reset Password” button. Done!
To restore access to the Apple ID account, the user must know his login.
If you forgot your Apple ID, you can see its “name” by going to the settings on the iPhone: “iCloud” or “iTunes Store.”. By going to one of the sections, you can see the e-mail through which you are authorized, this is the login of your account.
If you find yourself in a situation where you do not remember your login and your gadget is blocked, then check the email address you are using. Most likely, registration has been made for it.
How to Fix “Verification Failed” Your Apple ID Or Password Incorrect
Look for emails from Apple to be sure. You can find out the login using the serial number. iPhone has IMEI information on the back. You can also find this information in the item “about the device”. There are services on the Internet that give a login ID by IMEI. You can restore access to your account using: email address, answers to security questions and using two-step verification.
How to restore access to Apple ID via email
To get started, go to the Apple website, open the “Apple ID” section. A page for recovery will open, enter your username, click “continue”. After that, a message will appear in which you need to click “receive a message by e-mail”. Pay attention to which address the message will be sent to. Sometimes a letter is sent not to all registered mailboxes, but only to the emergency.
Check your mail. Follow the link in the received letter. If there is no mail, check your spam folder. Follow the instructions. Next, you will be prompted to reset the old password and come up with a new code. After that, access will be open.
You can restore access using security questions. Many users forget the answers to security questions. That is why it is recommended to write them down during registration and save them for such situations. This method will suit you if you remember your answers. Open the Apple website page in the “Apple ID” section and click the “answer to security questions”.
After clicking, you must indicate your date of birth and answer a few questions. The password will be reset, then you need to specify a new one. The secret code must be: more than 8 characters, must contain lowercase and uppercase characters, must not have three repeated characters in a row, must not coincide with the login. Consider all these guidelines.
What to do if I forgot the password for Apple ID – video
Forgotten Apple ID password. what to do and how to reset?
When creating an Apple ID, we are asked to come up with a fairly complex password, which contains upper and lower case letters, as well as numbers or other symbols. The password that you come up with protects your device from hacking, and you from losing control over personal data. Ironically, quite often the Apple ID password, which should protect us, becomes the cause of unnecessary problems, namely the owner of the Iphone is very often forgotten. In today’s article, I will tell you, what to do if you forgot your Apple ID password, how to reset and recover a forgotten password!
Forgot password from Apple ID – what to do?
Helpful information! An Apple ID is an account that provides access to many of Apple’s features and services. For example, you can use it to shop in the iTunes Store, sign in to iCloud, purchase apps, and more. To reset your password, you need an email address that acts as your Apple ID.
And so, you forgot your Apple ID password or bought a used phone, and the seller, for some reason, did not tell you the data and did not leave his account, and without it, you will not be able to activate the device. What to do?
But there are also such cases when they forget or do not know not only the password, but also the Apple ID. If there is no password on the iPhone or iPad, then you can spy on the Apple ID by going to the device’s settings. To do this, go to Settings → iCloud. There will be the mailing address that you wrote when registering your Apple ID. Actually, he is the Apple ID login.
How to view Apple ID
Another way to find out a forgotten Apple ID is to see which Apple ID one of the apps you purchased is assigned to. But if you bought or downloaded the application from another Apple ID, then this method will not work.
- Open iTunes on the computer you last connected your iPhone to.
- Right click on one of the recently purchased apps. They are located in the “Media Library” tab.
- Choose from the menu Edit. Info. File.
- In the “customer” section, you will see your forgotten Apple ID.
Now that you know your Apple ID, it’s time to reset or recover your password from it.
How to recover an account to an Apple ID through the answers to security questions
Such a check can be activated if you have an additional phone capable of receiving SMS messages (you will receive a confirmation code by number), and which is always at hand. When you try to use your Apple ID information, Apple will send a verification code to a trusted gadget. You enter it and only then you get access. Why is it worth activating verification? If an unauthorized person tries to use your password, access will be denied without a code.
When registering for two-step verification, you are assigned a 14-character code. When restoring access, you need to enter your Apple ID recovery key into the form. After proceeding to the next step, a confirmation code will be sent to the trusted phone number, enter it in the form. Reset your password and enter a new one.
Error “Apple ID cannot be used to unlock this iPhone”. looking for a solution!
Warm greetings to everyone! After updating the firmware on their iPhone or iPad, users may face such a big (I would even say. gigantic!) Problem that all other errors seem to be just minor and insignificant troubles. What are we talking about? And now I will tell you everything in detail.
IOS devices have a wonderful (without any irony) Find iPhone feature. If it is enabled (how to find out?), Then for any action (whether it be a factory reset, recovery, flashing, etc.) in order to start using the gadget, you will be prompted to activate it. enter your Apple ID and password (those that were installed prior to this operation). And here the most interesting, incomprehensible and often very sad begins 🙁
You are trying to enter the Apple ID and password that you have been using for a long time with this device, and you are prompted with a warning like this: “This Apple ID cannot be used to unlock this iPhone.” How does this happen? After all:
- Only you have used the device from the moment of purchase.
- Only one (exclusively yours!) Pair of Apple ID and password has always been used in iPhone \ iPad.
- In other places. on the Apple website, the web version of iCloud, iTunes, everything works fine and comes in. But on the gadget there is.
You persistently enter the correct pair of e-mail and password, and the device stubbornly tells you that everything is wrong and this pair does not fit. These are the introductory data.
Let’s figure out why you cannot activate the device with your Apple ID account. Go!
Case 2. Apple error. resolved automatically
Yes, yes, Apple also sometimes “messes up”. And this “sometimes” happened relatively recently, when updating iOS to version 9 (Updated! With iOS 14, the same thing happened). A lot of people, after updating, received an error. “Invalid Apple ID. It cannot be used to unlock this iPhone, please enter other details. ” And in fact, they were left with a non-working device in their hands. Apple tried to quickly fix everything, released a timely update and assured that it will not be so again. But is it true!?
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- The firmware should be downloaded by iTunes itself, there is no need to slip it anything downloaded from the Internet in advance. The software file must be up to date.
- It is obligatory to “sew” through DFU.
What else can you do? It is worth trying to change the email domain to icloud for activation. For example, you have vasya9883291 @ indicated there. And you try to enter. vasya9883291@iCloud.ru
Also, it must be remembered that such problems can easily occur if Apple has some kind of problems with the servers (find out the current state). For example, I recently could not log out of iCloud during the day because of this. In this case, as it is written in the subheading, all problems will be solved automatically. you just have to wait.
Case 1. In fact, initially the iPhone \ iPad was activated with a different account
How can this be? But it can. After all, even if you bought a new gadget, it is not a fact that it actually was. Some sellers are adept at hiding the iCloud lock. It seems to you that the device is not tied to any account, you enter your own and it seems like everything is “OK”. But in fact, at the first attempt to flash it, you get an activation lock. the device simply does not accept the correct, as you think, Apple ID.
What to do? In most cases, this is a desperate situation. It is no longer possible to contact the seller, which means that it is impossible to get the correct combination of username and password. As a result, we get a “brick”. The only way out is to pretend that you forgot the required data and act as in this article. The purchase receipt will be a significant help.
Case 3: Apple’s Mistake. Can’t Solve It on Your Own
If everything that is described in the previous subtitle does not fit, then you will have to call (you can write) to Support Apple. Here are her contacts.
over, as users write, the first line of operators does not understand what they are talking about at all. You explain to them that:
- Apple ID is exclusively one.
- Do you know him.
- The gadget prompts you to enter the correct pair of account (the device displays a few letters from the email. and they match yours!).
However, they will stubbornly “kick off” you and say that with the correct data, the error “Apple ID cannot be used to unlock this iPhone” is impossible.
iCloud Unlock With Incorrect Apple ID or PasswordAny iPhone Model Any iOS 100 000 000% Success
What to do? Do not shout, do not row, but bend your line. Claim that the device is yours and that you want to use it!
And thus try to get to the second line of technical support.
However, get ready. Perhaps you will be asked the answers to security questions (if you don’t remember, then change it in the account settings on the site. after all, there is access there!). And in especially difficult cases, a purchase receipt as proof that the gadget belongs to you. Although given the fact that you know the entire Apple ID and password bunch, then most likely it will not come to proof.
How to find out Apple ID if the phone is locked?
- Open iTunes on your computer. On the top bar, click “Account”. In the menu that opens, the second line is the user’s Apple ID.
- If there is no such line, do the following: go to “Account”. “View”.
- The searched data will be displayed in the “Apple ID Overview” section.
How to sign out of someone else’s Apple ID?
Remove a linked iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Click Settings [your name] and select “iTunes Store & App Store”.
- Choose your Apple ID.
- Click View Apple ID. You may need to sign in.
- Scroll down to the “iTunes in the cloud” section and click “Remove this device”.
What to do if Apple ID is deactivated?
If you have security questions assigned to your Apple ID, or if you don’t have access to a trusted device or phone number, go to iforgot.Apple.com. Then you can unlock your account with your existing password or reset your password.
What does wrong Apple ID mean??
How to connect to an iCloud account?
Sign in to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Click “Login to [device]”.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- If prompted, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number and complete the sign-in process.
How to remove the old owner’s Apple ID?
- Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Open Find My iPhone.
- Click “All devices” at the top of the screen.
- Select the device you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device].
- Click “Remove from Account”.
How to find your Apple ID?
- Go to your Apple ID account page and click the Forgot Apple ID or Password?
- When prompted for your Apple ID, click If You Forgot Your Apple ID to find it.
- Enter your first name, last name and email address.
How to find your ID on a computer?
○ Press the “Win R” key combination. A list appears on the monitor. Look at the line. the physical address in the Ethernet section, this will be your so-called machine ID address.