Imessage activation error on iPhone
Tip 2. Set the date and time automatically
After the first step, if iMessage pending activation in iOS 14 is not resolved, try this trick. Messaging apps that require the date and time to be set correctly, otherwise errors will be displayed. It is best to enable automatic date and time setting on iPhone.
- Step: Launch “Settings” and click “General”.
- Step: There you will find “Date and Time”.
- Step: Turn on unattended installation and also check the time zone.
Tip 3. Turning airplane mode on and off
Turning airplane mode on and off is useful when network connectivity issues are involved. Just open Control Center and turn on Airplane Mode, then turn it off after a few minutes.
Hint: Fix iPhone Lack of Service After iOS 14 Update
Tip 4: Update your carrier settings
You can manually update the carrier settings on your iPhone. If you are using carrier data and still receive iMessages waiting to be activated, try updating carrier settings if available.
Recording: Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Launch the Settings app,
- Step: Select “General”
- Step: Now click “About”.
- Scroll down to Carrier option.
- Step: Click Carrier,
Update carrier settings on iPhone
if a new carrier update is available, you will see a pop-up to complete the update. For example, check my phone screen.
There you can update your carrier’s settings.
Tip 6: Disable iMessage, restart iPhone and enable iMessage.
Now the next troubleshooting tip is to restart your device. Before shutting down your iPhone, you should try to turn off iMessage and then restart your iPhone. To turn off iMessage follow these steps.
- Go to “Settings” and click “Messages”.
- Disable “iMessage”.
- Step: Press and release the volume up key.
- Step: Press and release the volume down key.
- Step: Now press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the display.
After this restart iPhone and follow the same steps again to enable iMessage. Know Reboot or Hard Restart All iPhone Models.
Tip 5: Contact your carrier or Support Apple.
The selected carrier (ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Vodafone, O2 and others in the US, UK, Canada, Brazil, India, New Zealand and other countries) supports iMessage free of charge only on selected tariff plans. Otherwise, you need to activate via requests at the career desk.
You can also ask Apple Support for free help and support.
Helpful solutions for iMessage pending activation error after iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 update
Note. When you activate iMessage on your mobile number, you will be charged the standard SMS fee.
- Often iMessage expects activation errors due to Wi-Fi connection issues. Therefore, you should check your Wi-Fi network. if your phone has weak wifi, change wifi network and try again.
- IMessage activation failed when iMessage server is down due to company out of service. in this case you should check iMessage System Status
- Check if a SIM card is inserted? First, check your phone number listed in the Phone app. If not, update your profile and the number shown in the Phone app as the first contact. Go to the iPhone Settings app Phone My Number. Enter your mobile phone number. Come back to save.
Reset network settings to default values
You may encounter the discussed error if your phone’s network settings are corrupted or misconfigured. In this case, resetting the network settings may fix the problem.
- Launch your iPhone’s Settings and open Messages.
- Then disable iMessage. Disable “iMessage”
- Open your iPhone‘s Settings again and click iTunes App Store.
- Now click on your Apple ID and then click Sign Out.
Click on iTunes and App Store
- Open your iPhone’s Settings again and tap General. Open iPhone’s General Settings
- Now click on “Reset” and then click on “Reset network settings.” Reset network settings menu
- Then restart your phone.
- After restarting, enter iTunes and App Store.
- Now turn on iMessage and check if the activation issue is resolved.
Solution 5. try or keep the iOS public beta
You may encounter this error if you are using the public beta version of the iOS app. In some cases, users were able to fix the problem with the beta program mainly because it is unstable and does not fully support all system functions. In this case, trying (or exiting) the beta program may resolve the issue.
- Back up your Apple device.
- On the affected device, open a web browser and go to the Apple Beta site.
- Now click Sign Up and then use your Apple ID credentials to sign in.
- Then open the “Settings” of your iPhone.
- Now click on “General” and then open “Profile.” Open the profile in the iPhone settings
- Now activate the public beta profile and reboot your device.
- Then launch the “Settings” of your phone and click “Software Update”. Click on Software Update
- Now download and install the Apple Public Beta (if it doesn’t show up, try again in 5-10 minutes).
- Then check if the problem with iMessage is resolved.
- If you are already using the public beta, open your phone’s Settings.
- Now click on “General” and then open “Profile”.
- Then click Delete Profile for Public Beta Delete Profile in iPhone Settings
- Now reboot your system and check if iMessage activation issue is resolved.
Restart iPhone and re-insert SIM.
The activation error could be a temporary failure of applications / communication modules. The problem can be fixed by restarting the phone and reinstalling the SIM card.
- Power off your iPhone and remove the SIM card Remove the SIM card from your iPhone
- Now wait one minute and insert the SIM card again.
- Then turn on your iPhone and check if iMessage works fine.
Add your mobile number to your phone settings
You may run into the current iMessage error if the phone number in your iPhone’s settings is different from the one you are trying to use for iMessages. In this case, changing the mobile number in the iPhone settings may solve the problem.
- Launch your Phone Settings and open Phone. Open “Phone” in iPhone Settings.
- Now click on “My number” and delete the old phone number (if any).
- Then add a new number and save it.
- Restart your phone and check if iMessage works fine.
- If not, then try adding your number to the phone settings without the country code and check if the problem is resolved.
Unregister your iMessage number
You can choose not to activate iMessage if the number you are trying to use is already registered with iMessage and is not being overwritten. In this context, manually removing the number from iMessage and then activating it can solve the problem.
- Launch your web browser and open Unregister iMessage
- Now scroll down and enter your number in the phone number field.
- Then click “Send Code.” Unregister the number in iMessage
- Now enter the verification code on the site and click “Submit”.
- Then wait for the confirmation message iMessage successfully canceled
- Now restart your phone and after restarting check if there is an error in iMessage.
Remove the device from your iCloud account
There is a bug that prevents a user from signing up for iMessage on a device that has already been added to their iCloud account. Here, removing the device from iCloud account and reactivating iMessage might fix the issue.
- Open your web browser and go to the Find My iPhone in iCloud page (sign in with your Apple ID if asked).
- At the top of the screen, click All Devices.
- Now select the problematic device and click Remove from Account. Remove device from iCloud account
- Now restart your iPhone and check if the iMessage issue is resolved.
Change the connection mode of your phone
You may not be able to activate iMessage if it fails to query Apple’s servers. In this context, turning off cellular data and using a Wi-Fi connection to activate iMessage can fix the problem. If you are already using Wi-Fi, then switching to cellular data (according to some users who work) may allow you to activate iMessage.
- Disconnect your phone’s cellular data and connect to a Wi-Fi network. If you’re already connected to Wi-Fi, turn it off and turn on cellular data. Disable cellular data on iPhone
- Then check if you can activate iMessage.
Remove restriction settings for iMessage
Purpose of iPhone restriction passcode. block some specific functions on iPhone. IPhone users always use it as parental control to hide some songs or movies and others.
Hence, iPhone restriction settings could also be a way to fix iMessage error.
iMessage Waiting For Activation/Activation Unsuccessful/An Error Occurred During Activation iOS 14
Step 1 Go to Settings General Restrictions and enter the passcode.
Step 2 Scroll down to find Accounts.
Step 3 Click Allow Changes to enable users to add, remove or modify accounts under Accounts and Passwords.
Step 4 Back up in the Settings section, disable iMessage through the Messages Settings of Izzade.
Step 5 Wait a few minutes and then turn it back on using the same steps.
Option 1. Restart iPhone
Step 1 Press and hold the power button until the power off button appears on the home screen.
Step 2 Slide the power button on the home screen to turn off your iPhone.
Step 3 When the home screen turns black, press and hold the Power button again until it turns on.
Step 4 Send iMessage again to confirm if it works now.
Option 2. Restart iMessage
Step 1 Open the Settings app on iPhone.
Step 2 Click Messsages.
Step 3 Turn off Izzade.
Step 4 Reboot iPhone and then turn on Izzade via Message Settings.
Contact your operator
The operator decides if you can send and receive iMessages from other users of the iOS device. Thus, it is possible to contact your operator regarding iMessage activation.
Step 1 Contact your carrier to make sure you can send and receive SMS messages.
Step 2 Check if there are any limited terms with your carrier.
Step 3 Confirm if iMessage has any block or filter for messages.
How to fix iMessage activation error
I want to use iMessage on iPhone, I know I have to activate it by installing. But iMessage activation failed. I don’t know what’s going on, it really annoys me. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my iMessage and how can I fix it?
Using iMessage. it is a convenient and fun way to send and receive text or multimedia messages from friends, colleagues, family, etc.
FoneLab allows you to transfer iPhone / iPad / iPod from DFU mode, recovery mode, Apple logo, headphone mode, etc. to normal without data loss.
- Fix Disabled iOS System Issues.
- Extract data from disconnected iOS devices without data loss.
- It’s safe and easy to use.
Activating iMessage on iPhone is pretty easy. Below is clear instruction.
Step 1 Find the Settings app on the iPhone home screen.
Step 2 Scroll down to get Messages.
Step 3 Click the button next to Izzade at the top of the interface.
Step 4 This shows you that the alert your carrier may charge you for the SMS messages used to activate iMessage.
Some iPhone or iPad users may have encountered some issues when activating iMessage on iPhone.
There are 4 common alerts showing iMessage activation failed.
- Waiting for activation
- Activation failed
- An error occurred during activation
- Login failed, check network connection
No matter what situation you are facing, there are some tips you can try to resolve. IMessage does not activate problems.
First, you need to make sure you have turned on your cellular network or Wi-Fi connection. Otherwise, your iMessage will be sent instead of a text message.
Check your iOS version and update your iOS version to the latest
The iOS version can also be the reason for unsuccessful iMessage activation. It’s pretty easy to check if this is a problem.
Step 1 Enter Settings General Software Update.
Step 2 If there is a new version, connect your device to iPhone and Wi-Fi network and tap install now.
Step 3 Enter your password and start the update.
Do not disconnect the updating device from power or Wi-Fi during the process.
Check your device settings
iMessage requires correct date and time settings on iPhone. The automatic time setting is always correct, but the alarm occurs constantly. So it’s worth trying to fix iMessage activation error.
Below is a demo of checking your iPhone Date and Time setting.
Step 1 Presentation Settings app on your computer.
Step 2 Enter General Date and Time.
Step 3 Do this if it is the correct time zone. If not, please disable Automatically install and then select the correct one from the options.
Setting the date and time manually requires another tool to confirm the exact date and time.
Shut down and restart iMessage
As you probably know, restarting your device can fix most problems on iPhone. So you can try the same way to activate iMessages on iPhone.
Before we dive into how to do this,
There are two options: restart iPhone and restart iMessage.
What is iMessage Activation Error
When setting up and activating iMessage, you may receive one of the following error messages:
Login failed, check network connection
FaceTime & iMessage activation unsuccessful solved | Waiting for activation
The problem with iMessage not activating can be caused by several reasons. importantly, you cannot use iMessages if you encounter errors like this.
Fix 2: hard reset iPhone
Hard reset is an effective solution for various problems, including iMessage won’t activate.
For iPhone 6s and earlier: Hold the Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds. Release them when you see the Apple logo.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Keep pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 8 and later: quickly press the Volume Up button, repeat this on the Volume Down. press and hold the power button until the iPhone turns on again.
Before we start fixing iMessage pending activation issue in iOS 14 or earlier, please understand the following:
- Enter your number in the Phone app or Phone Settings.
- Check the date and time in Settings General and make sure they are correct.
- Wait 24 hours for iMessage to activate. If it fails every other day, troubleshoot.
- Check with your carrier and Apple Support for the terms and conditions for limiting your iMessage.
- Check Apple servers. If they don’t work, you must wait for them to work again.
Fix 4: restart iMessage
Sometimes iMessage can get stuck and give iMessage activation error. The fix is simple: restart iMessage.
How to fix iMessage waiting for activation issue
IMessage activation error happens sometimes. As a free messaging service, iMessage is available to all iPhone and iPad owners. Before using it, you must activate iMessage on your device. When you see activation pending or activation failed error message, you can find fixes here.
Error at the stage of iMessage activation (the solution is also relevant for FaceTime)
To use iMessage or FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you need to activate it. During activation, an error message may appear, such as the following:
- Waiting for activation
- Failed to activate
- An error occured during activation
- Login failed, check your network connection
- Unable to connect to iMessage server. Try again
Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime services
Go to Settings Messages and turn off iMessage. Restart your device. Turn iMessage back on.
Attention! It can take up to 24 hours for iMessage and FaceTime to activate. If after a day the problem has not been resolved, you must do the following:
- Make sure your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- If you are using an iPhone, check with your carrier to see if you can send and receive SMS messages.
- If your iPhone is served by a carrier that is not mentioned in the articles on carriers, make sure you can send and receive SMS messages.
- Contact Apple Support.
iMessages are not sent or received after the connection is lost
The next problem is more common than users would like it to be, and to be honest, it is quite annoying. It looks like this: if you try to send a message when you are out of the iMessage service (no internet connection), or if the connection suddenly drops, you expect iMessage to just deliver the message as soon as the internet comes up. This usually happens, but not always.
Sometimes a message gets stuck in a “send” loop. Now it won’t go anywhere. After a while, the system will notify you that the SMS has not gone anywhere with a red exclamation mark in a circle. It will be located on the right, next to the undelivered message, and will look like this:
If this happens, just click on the red exclamation mark icon and then click “Try Again” (after the connection appears). If this does not work, you can select “Send as SMS / MMS” in the pop-up bottom menu, then the smartphone will try to send a message as a regular SMS (the message will not be blue, but green).
If the repeated message does not go away, delete the message and try sending it again. If deleting an individual message does not help, try deleting the entire thread of correspondence (if possible, in the sense that there is no extremely important information in the messages).
To delete individual messages, open Messages on your iPhone, press and hold the individual message you want to delete, then select and check the box. Click on the trash can in the corner to delete the message.
Delete the entire message thread. To do this, go to the main page, swipe left over the branch title and click delete. (If you’re worried about losing your messages, you can back them up via iCloud first).
errors in iMessage: no syncing, no messages sent and much more
iMessage is one of the benefits of being in the Apple universe. The service allows you to bypass the message fees for the services of mobile operators when sending text messages. But provided that you are sending SMS to other Apple users (for Android, such a useful function does not work).
Also, the advantage of the iMessage functionality is the ability to work on a Wi-Fi connection. That is, the owner of the iPhone can send messages anywhere where there is no cellular network, for example on an airplane or while traveling abroad, without the need to purchase and connect a local SIM card. And there are many more advantages to iMessage in the iOS ecosystem, for example, the history of your messages will always be synchronized on all your devices connected to iCloud (for example, displayed on a tablet). Etc.
Unfortunately, iMessage does not always work flawlessly. there are also crashes. Therefore, it is good to know how to fix some of the most common iMessage errors you may encounter while using your iPhone.
iMessages are not sent when the connection is OK
Sometimes iMessage just doesn’t want to send messages, even though the network is fine. Before sinning on a smartphone, check the status and operation of Apple services (here). to make sure iMessage is working normally.
If iMessage works and your messages aren’t sending, it’s time to try a couple of other solutions.
Make sure Send as SMS is enabled in Message Settings. Thus, you can be on the safe side, and after an unsuccessful iMessage sending, the system will resend the data itself, like a regular text message;
If sending did not happen, try turning off and then turning on the iMessage service;
Sometimes it’s enough just to turn on airplane mode and turn off Wi-Fi to temporarily deactivate your data, and then turn it on;
It is also sometimes handy to reboot the device;
If none of these options work, the problem might be with your network (such as your Wi-Fi internet connection). To try to solve it, go to Settings General Reset Reset network settings. These manipulations will erase the network settings on your smartphone, including Wi-Fi and DNS settings, which can help make iMessage work again.
“Waiting for activation” error and how to fix it
The iMessage program hangs very often. Waiting for activation is delayed indefinitely. In this case, you first need to check if there is an Internet connection. If everything is in order, but the error persists, you need to use one of two options.
First, you should go to “Settings”, go to the item “Mail, addresses, calendars”. Here you need to find “Contacts”, where you should choose your number. Usually it is set automatically, but sometimes it is necessary to correct the situation by marking the mail and phone as your own. Often this is enough for the program to become stable again.
Secondly, if there is a waiting for activation in iMessage, then you can use the reset function, as in the previous option. But this does not always help. Sometimes the problem is fixed after the user has returned to factory settings. By the way, this procedure takes a lot of time, it can even take an hour. It all depends on how much the user changed the device for himself.
FIX iMessage / FaceTime Activation Error! (2020)
Let’s start with the simplest. a way to solve the forced reboot problem to help reset iOS programming errors. Hold down the Power and Home buttons (the volume down button on iPhone 7/7 Plus) and hold them until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Enabling and configuring
How do I set up iMessage? It couldn’t be easier. You need to go to the “Settings” menu and select the “Messages” item here. Then you need to find the messenger itself directly in order to check the box next to the action for further use. But so that all holders of mobile devices (not iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch) do not connect to the system without permission to do so, Apple ID requires a special password.
As for the settings, then users will have to figure it out on their own. You can customize the color scheme of the utility, the font, and so on. Finding such settings is easy, everything is clear at an intuitive level.
IMessage won’t activate. what to do
Quite often, iPhone users face iMessage activation issue. The smartphone may report waiting for iMessage activation, write that it cannot connect to the iMessage server, or simply not send messages, even if all the settings seem to be done correctly. About what to do if iMessage does not activate in this guide.
Note: in the instructions, we have listed various ways to fix the error with the inability to activate iMessage, starting with simple methods and ending with rather non-standard ones. If you have already tried one or more of these methods, just move further down the list. something will definitely help!
Updated May 18, 2018! Due to the blocking of Roskomnadzor, iMessage stopped working for many Beeline subscribers. The problem in this case can be solved in only one way. using a VPN, for example, this free application or the proven HideMy.name application. It is expected that the problem with iMessage for Beeline subscribers will be temporary.
The biggest annoyance for users when iMessage activation error occurs is waste of funds. The message itself is sent to the European server free of charge, the company does not charge money for it. However, the operator charges a decent amount.
The fact is that sending an SMS to Europe costs a few cents. When the situation is one-time, the spending is not particularly noticed. But during activation errors, messages have to be sent several times, or even dozens. Therefore, spending increases significantly. If possible, it is recommended to check everything at once, so that later you do not have to spend the balance on SMS to Europe.
Wait a few days
And one more addition from forum visitors. In most cases, the problem with activating iMessage by phone number occurs after installing a new version of iOS or changing the Apple ID password. And very often it is solved by itself, after a few days.
Other ways to fix the problem
Sometimes iMessage won’t activate for other reasons. In this case, you need to reset the settings. To do this, run:
“Settings” → “General” → “Reset” → “Reset network settings”.
You can then reboot your device for reliability. But usually the previous steps are sufficient. Now you need to connect to the Internet to test the service. It is likely that the message with the activation code will need to be sent again.
Also, sometimes you can not reset the settings, but try to restart the device right away. Oddly enough, it works in many cases. By the way, in this way, most of the small errors in the mobile operating system 7 and 8 are eliminated.
It is very rare to restore old firmware settings. This approach will fix the activation issue. However, if the phone was flashed, then it had other troubles. Naturally, if you restore the old version, then the problems will return.