ICLOUD keys ligament how to see. Using iCloud in practice
Key bunch in iOS. What you need to know!
Today I decided to make a sightseeing article about the bunch of keys, since the last time our site recalled it in the distant year 2013. It was at that moment that she appeared in iOS 7. But now almost 4 years have passed and we are waiting for iOS 11, so it’s time to make relevant instructions for connecting keys with questions and answers.
ICLOUD keys ligament is a functionality that allows you to store secret data (logins, passwords, credit cards, etc.P.) in the system and in the cloud.
Data in conjunction of keys are encrypted by a powerful 256-bit AES encryption. Thanks to the use of iCloud technology, data are maintained in current condition on different devices.
The bunch of keys helps not only to store data, but also to enter this data for the user.
And now a simple example that shows the work of the keys of the keys not even very technically savvy users.
The user enters some site (for example, “Odnoklassniki”) in Safari on iPhone. He has a login and password there. He introduces them manually. The system proposes to save data in conjunction of keys. If the user agrees, then the data falls into a special file. The user decides to go to Odnoklassniki on iPad. He opens the site in Safari. The iOS system takes data from the very special file and fills the fields of the login and password. The user can only press the entrance button. Thus, the user does not need to not only enter the password, but also remember it. A bunch of keys for him does it.
How to set up a bunch of keys?
After you update iOS to the current version, the special assistant will ask you to configure the bunch of keys. Setting is also possible if you just bought a new device and try to activate it under your (possibly new) account.
Settings-new name (at the top).ICLOUD CLOSS.
Turn on the slider “ICLUD keys”. Follow the instructions of the system. If this is your first device under this Apple ID account, then the bunch of keys will simply turn on. If the device is not the first, then you need to confirm the inclusion.
As a rule, you need to enter the ICLUD security code. After that, you need to enter a special code that comes to another device that is tied to the Apple ID (if it is iPhone, then SMS comes to the account tied to the account).
At the same time, a special message appears on another device, which asks to enter a password from Apple ID.
Next, you can see the settings-Safari-completion.
Contact data and my data. these two points allow you to specify the contact from the settings that will be used to fill out various forms. That is, you can bring yourself to the contacts, write an e-mail, phone and other data there. In the future, if some site will request an e-mail, then auto-performance will do it for you.
Names and passwords. it is not clear how it works, but judging by the description, it allows you to view and remove passwords in the settings “Accounts and passwords” (more on that below). Focus is that including and off, I did not notice the difference in functionality.
Credit cards. include the preservation of driven cards on sites. At the same time, the system will still ask to save the card in the keys or not.
Saved credit cards (you can go only by password, or through Touch ID). here you can view or add cards that are used when paying for purchases on the Internet.
How to set up and use?
Technology. ICLUD keys bunch. available on the iOS operating system? Starting from version 7.0.3 and on MacOS with Mavericks 10.9, and is opened in almost all regions of the world (the developers write more about restrictions in a special section on the official website of Apple). If the conditions converge, it remains to go through the initial settings:
If there were no problems with the repetition of the described actions, and there has been a desire to try the storage and synchronization system of data, then it remains to understand the details.
Look into the “settings”, go down the menu to the “password and accounts” item;
And yet. the function works calmly with all third.party applications. The same browser from Google Chrome, causes a “bunch of keys” and calmly takes the necessary data. In the same way, it is easy to log in to the App Store, iTunes and in iCloud services.
Questions and answers
How to speed up the data entry process?
Put a checkmark in the “Settings” in the “Password and Accounts” section opposite the “Automation” paragraph. If the system meets the already familiar resource, then he will immediately try to fill in the “Login and Password” field. On smartphones, starting from version 5s, you will have to apply a finger to the Touch ID print scanner, up to 5s. enter a verification code. On the iPhone X everything will work instantly. the face is scanned automatically.
Is the “Key Bunch” safe?
As the developers from Apple, it is almost impossible to break through the 256-bit encryption, because the data for encryption are generated separately for each device, in accordance with the selected settings and entered passwords. You can read more about the protection protocols on the site in the “Security” section.
If you turn off the ICLOUD keys?
The system will offer two options for actions. delete the saved data or archive for further use, if the technology is needed again.
How to configure automatic filling out a bank card in Safari?
- Open “settings”, find the item “Safari”;
- In the menu that appears, select the “Automation” item;
- Next, it remains to put a check box opposite the “Credit Cards” item and go to the “saved credit cards”. The settings will open immediately after entering the code from the operating system or using Touch ID and Face ID;
How to restore access to icloud?
The best way to restore the necessary information in memory is to contact Support. Professional consultants will tell you how to use the standard recovery function, and at the same time send it to the right direction if nothing happens.
How to see logins and passwords on Mac
In the search bar (a magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner. If you don’t use it, start!) drive a “bunch of keys”.
We see a list of logins and passwords. Find the desired site search. Poke it twice. In the new window, put a checkmark at the point “Show password”.
A window in which the system will request a password will jump out.
You need to drive a password to the entrance to Mac OS. You will see a password from the desired site.
Forgot a password from Wi-Fi Network. How to see?
Surprisingly, this question is often asked in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. over, my parents constantly ask me about the same on the phone when they come to visit them and want to connect to Wi-Fi. Apparently, it is not fate to write a password on a piece of paper. 🙂
- On iOS password from Wi-Fi in conjunction of keys cannot be seen. The only way is to enter the router (usually at 192.168.one.1) and look in its settings.
- In Mac OS, this can be done in the Key Bound Program.
We drive the name Wi-Fi network in the search. Next, poke twice on the line and click “Show the password”. Enter the password from our account on the laptop and see the password from the Wi-Fi network.
P.S. Ask your questions in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев! 🙂 Good luck to all.
Сховище iCloud заповнене
How to find saved passwords on Mac
1) Open the Safari browser, select Safari Settings on the menu.
2) Press the password and enter your password.
3) there will be a list of login and passwords saved in Safari. Select the desired site to view the data for the entrance.
4) to change or share a password, press the details.
It is convenient to store passwords in iCloud, because access to them can be obtained from any device. If you are interested in alternative options, try the password manager 1password.
How to see the saved passwords on the iPhone and edit them
The user always has the opportunity to view and edit the data of his accounts. As already mentioned, all information is stored in system settings, and no additional applications are necessary to install.
For viewing and changing information, you need:
How to setup & use iCloud Keychain on iPhone/iPad/Mac! 
- open “settings” in the phone menu;
- select “Password and Accounts”;
- Having selected the desired site, open the information, simply by pressing its name;
- The system will ask for accessing access code for viewing and editing;
- Next, perform the necessary operations: just see which access code is saved, change it by choosing “edit”, and go out. all changes will be automatically saved.
In later versions of iOS, the same action is already made with the records saved in the Safari browser.
- In the settings we find Safari and go to this item.
- Choose “passwords and auto.performance”.
- Choose “Saved passwords”.
- Next, we open the service we need, enter the access code and watch, or change personal information.
- After that, we just close the line. all changes have survived!
For a better understanding of the process, it is recommended to watch the video
A big plus is the presence of a search, which will simplify the presence of the desired site with a large number of them. However, sometimes the names of sites are not displayed, which can confuse.
No wonder Apple developers are so proud of their security system, reliably hiding personal information. Without the introduction of access code (PIN-code) or Face ID/Touch ID, it is impossible to find out passwords. That only saves users from the illegal use of their personal data.
How to remove saved passwords on iPhone
If the password was stored erroneously or you do not want to store personal data from this site anymore, the question arises of deleting already saved information. To do this is no less simple, as well as change it.
- To do this, we go to “Settings”.
- We go to accounts.
- We go to “Passwords of Programs and Sites”.
- We go through the level of protection established by you.
- Choose the site that you are looking for and click on the password.
- The inscription “Delete” should be activated on the left. Click on it and remove the unnecessary recording.
- We leave the settings, all actions are saved automatically.
The data you deleted by you will not be authenticated on this site.
When working with passwords, additional questions may arise. The answers to them are presented below.
For several years he worked in mobile salons of two large operators. I understand the tariffs well and see all the pitfalls. I love gadgets, especially on Android.
After permission to maintain a password when subsequent entering the site you have to enter it again. Why it turns out?
Perhaps while maintaining the first time there was a failure or connection to the network. Repeat the conservation and see if the notes remain in the settings.
Most likely, this is how an unknown site has signed up, which the system could not identify. Sometimes repeated sites with different data for entering. Try renaming to begin with, changing # # to any name, and then delete the site with the input in the input in the above way.
How to enable ICLOD keys
The system is able to independently fill out and save data for entering sites. But for this you need to give permission.
- In the “Safari” section in the iPhone settings, we go to the section with data and auto.filling. There, having moved the runner, we allow you to save the accounting data from the sites (“Names and passwords”). Immediately you can allow collecting payment cards (owner name, card number, pin code and service life).
- In the “Settings” tab in the device menu, we find the “Password and Accounts” section. Opening the tab, we allow auto.performance by moving the runner.
- After you first go to the site and fill out the input data, the system will offer you to save the data or not.
- Having selected the “Save Password” item, you will automatically put it into the base, and next time it is no longer necessary to import it.
If on several sites your data for the entrance coincides, the system will immediately warn you about this, highlighting them with exclamation signs (where to view and change the data. see. below).
In addition, in the iCloud KeyChain you can add an account manually.
- We open a list with passwords: “Settings”- “Accounts and passwords”- “Passwords of programs and sites”.
- At this stage, we confirm our personality by introducing access code or through a person recognition program.
- After the entire list at the very bottom, the point “Add password” will be. Click.
- Enter the name of the new site, as well as the accounting data and click “Ready”.
How to find out the password from your Wi-Fi saved on the iPhone and iPad through the bunch of keys
Nowadays we must remember so many different passwords, and sometimes it becomes difficult. Many use password managers, and some prefer the standard ICLOD keys. In any case, none of this will help restore passwords from Wi-Fi networks if you did not save them.
What to do if you have a new device that you want to connect to your saved Wi-Fi network, and you do not remember the password? Turn on your Mac, because it will help you. Below we will explain what to do.
How to look at the passwords from Wi-Fi on Mac
On your MAC, open the Finder window and follow the steps below.
1) In the Finder window, select programs on the left panel.
2) select the utility folder, and then open the bunch of keys.
3) on the left in the ligament sections of the keys, select icloud.
4) below in the section Category, select passwords.
5) Find the Wi-Fi network, the password from which you need to find out. You can sort them by name or type to facilitate the search.
6) twice press the desired network and on the window that appears, put a checkmark next to show the password.
7) another window will open on which you need to enter the password from the key ligament. Enter it and click OK.
8) Now in the window with the network you should see the password from it.
Now you know how to restore passwords from saved Wi-Fi network, to which you connected on your devices.
What is important to remember about the “bunch of keys” in iOS and MacOS?
It is important to remember the security code from the ligament of the iCloud keys so as to recognize it, if you forget, it will be impossible, even the technical support will become powerless in its restoration.
In addition, there are a certain number of attempts to enter a password, after which access will be blocked. If you do not want to use the security code at all, but prefer to be identified in another way (for example, through SMS), then the data will not be stored on the server, but directly on the device itself. In this case, technical support will not help restore them.
What to do if I forgot the password from the bunch of keys on MacBook?
You should go to the “Keys of Keys” and select the “Settings” item. Here you need to find first aid and remove the box from the section “Synchronize the password to enter the keys in the bunch of keys”. Then close the settings and enter first aid of the key ligaments. Here you need to click on the “Restoration” button. In the same menu, you can reset the password of the ligament of the MacOS keys.
Roman Vladimirov. Apple expert, Pedant Manager.ru. Appleiwatch consultant.NAME, co.author of articles. Has been working with Apple products for more than 10 years.