Huawei Power Up What It Is
02.24.2020 Plotegor Android, Instructions 19 comments
In this article we will talk about what Recovery Mode is for Android, how to enter it on various models of popular manufacturers, and also answer some frequently asked questions.
What is Recovery (Recovery)
Recovery Mode is the so-called “recovery mode” of the Android system. Factory Recovery, which is available on the device “out of the box”, has limited functionality, but even from it you can completely reset the system or install the official firmware.
With the modified Recovery (CWM or TWRP) a number of new functions appear, including the ability to obtain root rights, installing custom firmware and kernels, creating system backups and restoring from backups, as well as other interesting options, which we will discuss in a separate article.
How to enter Recovery: instructions
To get into Recovery on Android devices, you first need to turn off the device, and then press and hold a certain key combination until the screen lights up. Unfortunately, there is not one single combination with which you can enter the Recovery menu on both Samsung smartphones and HTC, LG, Xiaomi, etc. mobile devices. Therefore, below we have compiled instructions for various models.
(!) True, there are three practically universal methods. more about each is written at the end of the article:
- By connecting the Android device to the computer, you can put it into recovery mode via the Windows command line or PowerShell using ADB.
- Special applications allow you to enter the Recovery menu from the Android system.
- Through the Terminal, entering the command (ROOT rights are needed).
(!) There you will find information on what to do when a lying Android appears on the screen with an exclamation mark in the belly and the inscription “No command”.
(!) Also on some smartphones and tablets there is no Recovery. In this case, you will have to install it yourself (unless, of course, custom Recovery is developed for the required model). there are links to instructions above.
Moving through the menu is carried out with the volume up and down keys, the choice is made with the power / lock button. On new devices (for example, on the latest models of Huawei, Honor and OnePlus), stock Recovery and CWM Recovery can be touch-sensitive.
With the Lenovo smartphone turned off, hold and hold at the same time:
If it doesn’t work, use:
- Volume “”, Volume “-” along with the power button.
If you have a tablet or smartphone Google Nexus or Pixel, you will first have to go into Fastboot Mode, and from there go to Recovery. To do this, hold:
Then, using the volume keys, switch the arrow to “Recovery mode” and select this item by pressing the power / lock button.
On some (you’ll get right into Recovery):
On most HTC devices, Bootloader will start first. Then, using the volume keys, you need to go down to the “Recovery” item and go to it by pressing the power button.
In the Bootloader menu there is a “Factory reset” item, which is responsible for resetting the phone to factory settings.
On modern Samsung models, the following key combination is used to enter Recovery Mode:
- Home Button Volume Up Turn On.
On older devices:
On old Samsung tablets:
- Increase volume on.
Meizu smartphones do not have the usual non-touch Recovery, but there is a menu from which you can install the firmware or reset to factory settings.
To get into it, use the following combination:
- Hold down the Volume Down and Power keys until the LG logo appears.
- Then quickly release them and hold them again.
- Wait for the menu to load.
On the Xiaomi phone turned off, hold these keys:
Xiaomi Recovery menu is available in several languages (works in Chinese by default). To change to English, click the button as shown in the photo.
After that, you can download your Xiaomi smartphone or tablet to Fastboot, Download or Recovery modes.
Many Sony phones do not have stock Recovery installed (you will have to install TWRP. a link to the FAQ is at the beginning of the article) and only on some models is it present (mainly on new ones). You can enter using one of the combinations (try one by one):
- “ON” Volume “Minus”;
- “ON” a short press of the “Up” Volume until the SONY logo appears, then again quickly the “Plus” Volume;
- “ON” volume decrease volume increase.
For phones and tablets of the Chinese manufacturer Huawei and its sub-brand Honor:
- Volume “Down” Power;
- Volume “UP” Power.
- Hold and hold the power key and Volume Down for 2-3 seconds, then release them.
- You will be taken to Fastboot Flash Mode. Use Volume “Down” / “UP” to change the option to “Recovery Mode”.
- Confirm your selection with the power button.
Hold one of these combinations until the “Fly” logo appears or vibration. depends on the specific model:
- Hold down the power key and volume “” (second option: power and volume “-”).
- After vibration, release the power button, continuing to hold the volume key until Recovery appears.
- Hold the power button and volume down key until the OnePlus logo and the word “Powered by Android” appear on the display.
- Select English (“English”) using the power button or by clicking on the corresponding item if the Recovery menu is touch-sensitive.
- Press and hold the power button and volume up key to put the smartphone in Fastboot mode.
- Use the volume keys to select “Recovery mode” and go to the Recovery menu by pressing the power button.
- Set English by selecting “English”.
Chinese phones with MTK processors: Doogee, Bluboo, Blackview, Oukitel, Elephone, UMI and others
- Hold Volume “UP” “ON”.
- When the menu appears, move to the “Recovery” item with the Volume “UP” button and confirm the selection with the Volume “Down” key.
We transfer the device to Recovery mode through the computer: a universal way
Download and install ADB and drivers, connect the Android device to the computer via USB and activate USB debugging. Run a command prompt or Windows PowerShell and enter the following command:
adb reboot recovery
In PowerShell, add. \ Or. / Before the command.
Press “Enter”, after which the device will reboot into Recovery mode. You will find more information about using ADB in the instructions on the link above.
We use a useful application
There are special programs thanks to which in one click you can transfer the device to Recovery Mode. For example, Boot Droid. It is enough to select “RECOVERY” in the list of options and confirm the selection by pressing “YES”.
Entering Recovery Mode via Terminal Emulator
Download Android Terminal and type the following command:
Press “Enter”, a request for root access will appear, provide.
Click “Enter” again and the phone will instantly reboot into Recovery Mode.
The inscription “No command (No command)” appears and recumbent Android with an exclamation mark
If at the entrance to Recovery the message “No command” and lying Android appear on the screen, quickly press the 2 buttons: “ON” and Volume “”. After that, the Recovery menu will open.
Home / Instructions / How to enter Recovery on Android: ways to get into Recovery