Huawei Honor 8 Notifications Not Receive
The importance of notifications is hard to overestimate. After all, if notifications stop coming to your smartphone or tablet, you can skip an important message from a friend or forget to come to a scheduled meeting.
Today, people rely heavily on their devices, in particular on timely notifications. Therefore, if something happens to this function, and it stops working properly, it causes serious inconvenience to the owner of the device. However, unfortunately, sometimes this happens and then the question arises: what to do if notifications from applications do not come?
We invite you to our community on Viber and the YouTube channel.
Notifications from applications do not come. How to fix?
It is worth noting that sometimes notifications may not work due to an error when developing the application. over, it is not uncommon that such an error is associated with a particular version of the Android OS. But before complaining about the error to the application developer, you must make sure that there is nothing on your device that can block their appearance.
Of course, for notifications to come, you need to activate this function in the application itself. Further, you can step by step check the settings of your device according to the points listed below, (the name of the items may differ depending on the brand of the device and version of the operating system).
In the below, you can see the methods described in the article to fix this problem, as well as some others.
1) Setting the correct time and time zone.
Incorrectly set time can adversely affect the work of notifications. If you notice that the time on your device is different from the real one, this can be the cause of your inconvenience. To set the time you need:
1) go to “Settings” to section “Date and time”;
2) disconnect the function “Auto detect time” (it may also be called Network Time Zone);
3) to establish the right date and time, and also choose your Timezone;
4) after setting the time reboot device.
2) Enabling the “Show contents” function and setting the display of notifications on the screen.
Please note whether the “Show Content” function is enabled on your device. For this:
1) go to “Settings” and go to the section “Lock screen and protection”;
2) in paragraph “Notifications on the screen” find section “Contents. lock screen » and select Show Content;
3) then in the main settings menu go to section Notifications and check if the notification display is turned on for the application with which you are having problems. If the notification display is turned off activate corresponding switch.
4) In the same paragraph in the advanced settings, you can set the priority for notifications “Mark as important” (this item may be called differently). This step can also help with this problem.
3) Disabling “Background data restrictions.”
When you enable the “Background data restrictions” function, some applications and services will not be able to work if the device is not connected to Wi-Fi. Even if the device is connected to the mobile Internet, notifications, for example, from Viber or WhatsApp instant messengers will not come until Wi-Fi is turned on. To disable this feature:
1) go to “Settings” and go to the section “Data usage”;
2) click on “Options” and if enabled, select “Disable background data restriction”.
4) Turn off power saving mode.
As a rule, by default, the power saving mode of the entire device is turned off (if the battery is not discharged). However, individual applications can be switched to power saving mode without the knowledge of the user. We recommend that you turn off power saving mode for the applications you want to receive notifications from. For this:
1) go to section in settings “Battery”;
2) in paragraph “Power Consumption Applications” press the button “Details”;
3) if the application you need is in paragraph “Power Optimization” click on it and select Disable.
This method often helps and notifications start to come.
5) Removing applications that block the display of notifications.
Applications that block the display of notifications may include such well-known applications as, for example, Clean Master or DU Battery Saver and all such applications to list all of which does not make sense.
Applications for saving battery power can simply turn off the applications you need, and a disabled application, accordingly, cannot display a notification on your screen. Therefore, if one of them is installed on your device, disable the notification blocking in the settings of these applications or delete such an application.
6) Inclusion of the application in the “white list”.
On devices of some brands, in order for the application to be able to display notifications, it must be added to the so-called “white list”. To do this, in the section “Security” select item “Clean white list»And include the necessary application in it.
In most cases, these tips should help you with displaying notifications, and the question is: why notifications from applications do not come, should no longer worry you. Unless this problem is related to an error when developing an application or firmware for your device.