HP Deskjet 2710e review: A cheap compact printer that won’t exceed your expectations…
HP DeskJet 2734e Setup
Are you looking for the right procedure for setting up your HP 2734e printer? Great! You are on the right page. Setting up your printer can be difficult if you don’t know the right steps to take. However, here is the best guide to assist you in getting started with setting up your printer.
This web page will clearly show you how to unpack the printer, load paper, install the ink cartridges, and complete the software installation. Thus, by executing these stages, you can complete the HP DeskJet 2734e setup successfully. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Install The Ink Cartridges
- Open the printer’s cartridge access door.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and insert them into the respective holders on the printer.
- Push the cartridges until they snap into their places.
- Finally, close the cartridge access door.
Download The Software
You should install the compatible software on your computer to access your printer. This section will teach you the steps to get it from HP’s official website. The next section covers the procedure for installing the downloaded software on your computer.
Install The Downloaded Software
- Find the downloaded printer software on your computer. Go ahead and run this setup file.
- If User Account Control appears, just click on the Yes button.
- When asked to select the connection type, pick the option you like the most and connect the printer and computer accordingly.
- Perform the instructions that are remaining on the screen and then complete the installation process.
- And that’s how you execute the software installation for your DeskJet 2734e printer.
We believe that your HP DeskJet 2734e setup has done. In case you are looking for expert assistance in performing the same, reach us by making use of the call option that’s provided on this page. Our skilled technicians will get in touch with you and help you get the job done.
As mentioned earlier, you can download the driver for your printer in two different ways:
How To Connect USB Printer Using Full Feature Driver in Windows?
The Built-in driver Failed for Installing in Windows 10?
Installing Printer With USB Connection Using Basic Drivers
Driver supporting solution menu ex is not installed
A well-designed unit, but with slow speeds and so-so print quality, you get exactly what you pay for
- – Poor performance
- – Underwhelming print quality
- – Connectivity issues
- – Expensive to run
‘Keep it simple’ advises the promotional sticker attached to the top of the HP Deskjet 2710e, and that’s exactly what this printer is designed to do. It’s the most basic all-in-one in HP’s new range, with a 7.6ppm 1200dpi print engine and a single sheet 1200dpi A4 flatbed scanner on the top. HP claims it can handle a monthly duty cycle of up to 1,000 pages, but it says more that the recommended monthly page volume is just 50 to 100.
This is fundamentally a home printer used for homework, hobbies and printing e-tickets or holiday docs, but it could also work as a small or home office printer for the mostly paperless office. If you’re only printing 50 pages per month and barely doing any scanning or copying, why splash out for more speed or features that you’re not going to need?
The price is obviously the key selling point, but it’s also worth considering just how compact the 2710e is. HP lists its dimensions as 425 x 30 x 15.4cm, but the way the unit tapers in towards the desk means it uses even less space on your desktop; around 42 x 23cm. The light, low-profile lid on the flatbed scanner keeps the height down, while the LCD display and controls are arranged in a neat row along the left-hand edge. It’s hard to imagine anyone making a smaller all-in-one than this.
Of course, with this tiny form factor there’s no room for internal input or output trays. Instead, up to 60 sheets of office paper cram into a vertical rack at the rear, with a pull-out support to hold them securely. The flap at the front folds out to form the output tray, with a secondary support pivoting out to stop your documents falling to the floor. We’re not sure the design would survive life in a busy office and it all looks a bit messy, to be honest. Yet you get the feeling that the Deskjet 2710e isn’t designed for full-time use. It’s more of a small part-timer that looks its best with everything stowed away neatly.
Simplicity has been a hallmark of HP’s setup process over the last couple of years, and the Deskjet 2710e takes the same app-based approach as most of its recent stablemates. Turn the printer on and install the two cartridges, and you can add the printer to the network from the Windows or smartphone HP Smart app, run the alignment routine then get to work. This has worked brilliantly on other HP printers we’ve tested, but with our test 2710e things fell apart.
It took four goes with the Android version of HP Smart before the printer completed the process, with a wireless disconnection brought things to a halt the first three times at different stages. We had similar issues on our first two attempts at making the 2710e connect to the Windows app, even though the printer was already connected to the network when we started. Ironically, HP pushes stable wireless connectivity as a feature, with support for dual-Band Wi-Fi and an automatic Wi-Fi reset if the signal’s lost, but that connection didn’t seem all that stable while we were setting this one up. To be fair, though, we didn’t have any further disconnections during testing.
You won’t be surprised to hear that the Deskjet 2710e is no speed demon. With our 24-page monochrome document, it took nearly 19 seconds for the first page to hit the output tray, with subsequent pages appearing at a rate of 9.87ppm. This improved to 15.9ppm with the print quality switched from Better to Draft, but the wait for the first page was still over 16 seconds.
Colour performance is worse, with the first page taking up to 50 seconds to put in an appearance, and the page rate from there stuck at around 5.7ppm. These results put the 2710e behind even its stablemate, the Deskjet 4120 – itself a fairly slow printer.
As for the print quality, it’s fine for the price but nothing more. In Better and Best quality modes you get sharp black text, but the definition isn’t as fine or as consistent as you’ll get from models further up the HP range like the Envy Inspire 7920e, while draft text is greyer with a slightly fuzzy look.
Colour business graphics are punchy, but you can see slight signs of banding and dithering on gradients, while text overlaid on a blue or yellow box looks somewhat murky. The output is good enough for casual use or a quick draft for checking and proofreading purposes, but if you’re after professional-quality printing then you’re going to want to spend more.
It’s a similar story for mono and colour copying. Speeds aren’t great, at around 20 seconds for a mono A4 page or 34 seconds for colour, and the reproduction is patchy in areas, with the printer delivering thicker, darker text than you’ll find in the original or struggling to match vibrant greens and reds.
The Deskjet 2710e will also print photos, though we found it touch and go working with heavier photo papers, often refusing to feed them in on the first try and waiting until we’d pulled them out and reinserted them. Photo printing speeds aren’t painfully slow, at around 80 seconds for an A5 photo or two minutes for an A4 photo print with quality set to high, but the prints themselves are more usable than impressive. Brighter colours reproduce quite well, but softer tones tend to look faded and you don’t get the clarity or detail you’ll find on prints from more expensive models like the Envy Inspire 7224e. The output’s good enough for a quick print of a smartphone snap, but you wouldn’t want to frame it.
As for scanning, there’s little wrong with the scans or the time taken to scan them – roughly 24 seconds for an A4 page at 300dpi. However, the lightweight lid makes it hard to scan, say, a magazine or book without keeping one hand on the lid to stop it slipping or too much light getting in.
While the hardware is cheap, print supplies can be expensive. Even with HP’s XL cartridges you’re looking at £19 inc VAT for the colour cartridge and £21 inc VAT for the black. With yields of 200 pages and 240 pages respectively, the cost per page works out at nearly 9p per black and white page and up to 20p per colour page – and that’s without ink wastage through occasional head cleaning. If you’re planning to print more than 50 pages per month, it’s worth investing in a more expensive printer with cheaper running costs like the Epson EcoTank ET-1810.
Alternatively, you can do what HP would prefer you do and sign up for an Instant Ink subscription through HP. Six months is bundled with the printer, and after that you’ll pay £2.99 inc VAT for up to 50 pages or £4.49 per month for up to 100. If you’re thinking of moving up to the £9.99/300 page plan, then this probably isn’t the printer for you.
On one hand, the Deskjet 2710e is a perfectly decent low-cost printer. £55 isn’t much to spend on a printer, let alone an all-in-one, and while we can complain about the slow speeds and the average print quality, you can’t really expect a whole lot more at this price point. Yet if you can spend more, we’d urge you to do so. You’ll get better print quality, faster speed and more consistent paper handling and wireless connectivity. Buy the 2710e if you only print very occasionally, but try and find a bit more budget if you want to do anything more demanding.
HP Deskjet 2710e specifications
|1,200 x 1,200dpi A4 inkjet all-in-one printer, 1,200 x 1,200dpi flatbed A4 scanner|
|Up to 7.5/5.5ppm mono/colour|
|34mm/1.5in LCD display|
|Single sheet, single-sided|
|60-sheet, 20-card input tray|
|425 x 546 x 250mm|
HP DeskJet 2734e Printer Driver Download. Software installation
This software is designed to install printer and scanner drivers and other software to provide full printer and scanner functionality.
Installing the printer driver correctly: Do not connect the printer to the computer. Start installing the software first. During the installation process, a message will appear on the monitor informing you when to connect the printer to your computer.
If you see the message ‘Found New Hardware’ on the screen, click Cancel and disconnect the USB cable. Then proceed to install the software.
Software for Windows operating systems
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 7 (64-bit / 32-bit)
Software for MAC operating systems
Double-click the downloaded.exe file. It will be decompressed and the Setup screen will be displayed. Follow the instructions to install the software and perform the necessary settings.
After installing this software, you will be able to print, scan and use all printer features. You don’t need any other software.
This is original software. Software installation is simple and fast. Start installing the software. During the installation process, a message will appear on the monitor informing you when to connect the printer to your computer. Therefore, prepare the printer for connection to the computer in advance.
Software for scanning documents and photos.
Use the ‘HP Scan’ software to scan documents and photos. This software will be installed along with printer and scanner drivers. On the Windows operating system, click the ‘Start’ button to find the shortcut for the ‘HP Scan’ software. A shortcut to this software may also be found on the desktop of the Windows operating system. This is software for scanning photos and documents, saving scanned documents to a computer or sending these documents by e-mail, and other functions.
If you have problems using this software, you can use the easier way to scan documents and photos.
How to scan documents and save them on a computer (If the printer is multifunctional and can act as a scanner).
Use the “Windows Fax and Scan” software to scan documents. This software is in the Windows operating system. The quickest and easiest way to open “Windows Fax and Scan” is to search for it. Type “Windows Fax” in the search bar and select it in the search results. In Windows 10, the search bar is right next to the “Start” button. In previous versions of Windows, the search bar might be inside the “Start” menu. If you’d rather not search, “Windows Fax and Scan” is available via the “Start” menu in every version of Windows. In the software menu, click “New Scan” to go to the settings. The scanner must be connected to the computer.
You can change scanner settings or click “Scan” to scan documents.
“Windows Fax and Scan” looks the same on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 because Microsoft hasn’t updated the interface of the program since introducing it in Windows Vista. No matter what version of Windows you use, follow these instructions to scan a document or photo on your all-in-one printer or standalone scanner.
Last Updated on 17.05.2023 by DriverNew
Additional Information. If you do not know how to connect an additional device to your computer, and you need instructions on how to connect it correctly, you can use the search bar on this website (located in the upper right part of any page) or write to us.
To use any computer device, software (driver) is required. It is recommended to use the original software that came with your computer device. If you do not have the software, and you cannot find it on the website of the manufacturer of the computer device, then we will help you. Tell us the model of your printer, scanner, monitor or other computer device, as well as the version of the operating system (for example: Windows 10, Windows 8, etc.).
Find operating system info in Windows 10
Find operating system info in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1. Read more.
Find out which macOS your Mac is using (Use About This Mac to see the version of Mac operating system installed on your Mac, and find out whether it’s the latest version). From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose About This Mac. You should see the macOS name, such as macOS Mojave, followed by its version number. If you need to know the build number as well, click the version number to see it.
|How to install a driver if there is no setup.exe file. How to Manually Install a Driver Using an.INF File. A driver package you downloaded doesn’t include an installer application (like setup.exe or install.MSI). In these cases, you can use the Setup Information file (.INF) to manually install the driver.|
|The most necessary software for any computer. If you bought a new computer or reinstalled the operating system, then on this page of the site you will find all the necessary software and instructions for installing it.|
|Can’t find the software and don’t know how to use the scanner to scan documents and photos. This issue occurs because some printers, scanners, and all-in-ones only have drivers, but no specific software to manage the scanner.|
Driver is a computer program that operates or controls a particular type of device that is attached to a computer.
Computer devices and software
The website provides information about the use of computers and software. Also on the site you can find answers to complex questions that arise when using printers, scanners, monitors, laptops and other computer devices.
Copyright © 2023 DriverNew. Assistance in connecting computer devices. Solving problems associated with the use of a PC. Contact form
HP Deskjet 2734e Troubleshooting
HP Deskjet 2734e is one of the best printers. However, it might show certain issues sometime. The HP Deskjet 2734e troubleshooting is not a complicated process. On this page, we are jotting down the procedure to fix the common issues associated with the HP 2734e printer. The explained problem and resolving method are simple and easy to implement.
HP Deskjet 2734e won’t print
The steps to fix the HP Deskjet 2734e printer won’t print problem are:
- Make sure the bunch of papers in the printer paper tray is faultless.
- After that, make sure the paper tray has no paper jams.
- Check the bunch of papers and confirm to have no blank sheets.
- Ensure the cartridges installed in the printer has the correct ink levels.
- Cancel the print tasks and go to the computer’s control panel.
- Choose- Devices and Printers and right-click on the printer model.
- Click – Set as default printer and uninstall the HP deskjet printer 2734e from the device.
- Find and download the HP 2734e driver – HP.com/setup compatible with the device.
- Run the HP deskjet 2734e driver file and finish the process.
- Add the HP 2734e printer to the device.
- Print a file as a sample to confirm the DJ printer is printing.
If you have any doubts, contact us.
HP Deskjet 2734e driver is unavailable
The simple method to fix the HP 2734e driver unavailable problem is:
- Activate the Windows device and press the Windows I key.
- Click- Update Security and tap- Check for updates.
- Auto-update the updates if any updates are available.
- Uninstall the HP DJ 2734e driver from the Windows device.
- Save the HP 2734e driver suitable for the device’s OS version – HP/setup.
- Extract the driver file and proceed with the wizard procedure.
- Complete the HP deskjet 2734e driver installation and open the page to print.
- Click- File, choose- print, change the print settings, and print.
Get in touch with the customer support team if you require more details.
HP Deskjet 2734e not printing
The procedure for resolving the HP Deskjet 2734e printer not printing problem is:
- To start with, confirm the HP printer paper tray has no faults.
- Make sure the bunch of sheets in the paper tray are flawless.
- Check and ensure the ink levels in the cartridges are correct.
- Uninstall the deskjet 2734e driver from the Windows or Mac device.
- Save the HP Deskjet 2734e driver suitable for the device OS.
- Open the HP deskjet 2734e drivers file and proceed with the wizard procedure.
- Complete the driver setup and access the computer.
- Go to the Devices and Printers section on the Windows/Mac device.
- Right-click on the DJ printer and select- Set as default printer.
- Stop the print tasks and get the Reimage software setup file.
- Open the HP deskjet 2734e software file and finish the process using the wizard steps.
- Access the installed software, run a scan, and start repair.
Still if your HP Deskjet 2734e not printing. Get in touch with our experts, for more support.
HP Deskjet 2734e printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi
Fix the HP Deskjet 2734e not connecting to Wi-Fi issue using the below procedure:
- Power off the HP DJ 2734e printer and connected device.
- Wait for a few seconds and switch ON the DJ printer device.
- Ensure the Wi-Fi is stable on the computer and move on to the printer.
- Select the setup menu and choose the network setup menu.
- Choose the wireless settings and access the HP Deskjet 2734e wireless setup wizard.
- Several wireless network names will display on the DJ printer.
- Select your preferred Wi-Fi network and proceed.
- Provide the Wi-Fi network security key when the wizard pops.
- Continue and complete the process using the wizard instructions.
- Finally, print a page with the HP Deskjet 2734e printer.
To HP Deskjet 2734e connect to Wi-Fi, get in touch with our technical experts.
HP Deskjet 2734e printer keeps going offline
The instructions to solve the HP Deskjet 2734e printer offline error are:
- Power off the DJ 2734e printer and unplug the power cable from it.
- Wait for a few seconds and plug in the USB cable to the HP printer. ‘
- Power up the HP Deskjet 2734e printer and access the computer.
- Delete the HP driver and get the compatible HP deskjet 2734e setup file.
- Run the DJ driver file and proceed with the wizard instructions.
- Complete the HP deskjet 2734e driver download and installation, then uninstall the HP printer.
- Click- Set up a New Printer and select the HP printer 2734e.
- Proceed with the wizard steps and complete the process.
Contact our tech team if the DJ printer is still offline.
HP Deskjet 2734e Wi-Fi Setup
The instructions for setting up Wi-Fi network on the HP 2734e printer are:
- Power up the Windows/Mac device, printer, and Wi-Fi router.
- Ensure the computer and Wi-Fi router has a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the DJ printer panel and select the setup menu.
- Choose the network setup menu and access the Wi-Fi settings.
- Tap the HP Deskjet 2734e wireless setup wizard and Wi-Fi networks will display.
- Select the preferred Wi-Fi network from the list and continue.
- Provide the network passcode when the wizard prompts.
- Proceed and complete HP Deskjet 2734e Wi-Fi setup.
Get in touch with the technical support team for more info.
How to Reset HP Deskjet 2734e Printer?
The instructions for resetting the HP Deskjet 2734e printer are:
- Firstly, power up the HP Deskjet 2734e printer.
- Check and confirm the HP 2734e printer has no faults.
- Select the setup option displayed on the DJ printer panel.
- Click on the shown setup option on the HP 2734e printer panel.
- Choose- Tools to continue with the ongoing process.
- Then, select- Restore Factory Defaults and proceed.
- Once the process is complete, the DJ printer restarts.
- Lastly, the DJ printer is reset to factory default settings.
If you are experiencing any issues during HP Deskjet 2734e reset, contact us.
HP Deskjet 2734e printer offline error occurs due to a range of reasons. It includes improper USB cable connection, faulty printer setup, DJ printer is not the default printing choice, etc.
Deactivate the HP deskjet 2734e all-in-one printer and switch ON it after a few seconds. Then, delete the HP printer driver. HP deskjet 2734e driver download and install the printer suitable for the device’s OS version.
Restart the HP Deskjet 3762 printer and the connected Mac or Windows device. Then, wait for some time and the HP printer problem will get properly fixed.