How to view the cloud on iPhone
How to view photos in the cloud?
- Open the Photos app.
- Click the Photos tab to view your photos.
- Click the Albums tab to view the My Albums, Shared Albums, People & Places, Media Types, and Other Albums sections.
How to get a photo back to iCloud?
Open the “Settings” section of the iCloud.com website and select “Recover Files” in the “Advanced” section. Select the files you want to recover one by one, or click “Select All”. Click “Restore”.
How to get originals of iCloud photos back to iPhone?
To download originals of photos and videos to your iOS device, select Settings [Your Name] iCloud Photos and select Keep Originals. On a Mac, open the Photos menu, choose Photos Preferences, and then choose Upload Originals to This Mac.
How to go to the cloud on iPhone and view photos?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings [your name] iCloud Photos and turn on iCloud Photos. On your Mac, choose Apple ID System Preferences. Click iCloud in the sidebar, then select Photos.
How to see what’s in the cloud?
From the iPhone or iPad home screen, open the Settings app. Go to iCloud. iCloud Drive. Turn on the “Cloud Drive” option and then return to the home screen. On your iPhone or iPad home screen, you’ll see the new iCloud Drive app.
How to sign in to your Google cloud?
Go to drive.google.com on your computer. In the “My Drive” section you will find: downloaded or synchronized files and folders; Google documents, spreadsheets, presentations and forms you create.
How to sign in to iCloud on a mobile device
- You must activate using the account created when registering the gadget from Apple, enable storage in your smartphone or any other Apple device.
- Through the Settings button, find the accounts item, set permission to use the cloud drive and synchronize applications, for example, folders with photos and contacts, or by choice.
- Switch the levers to an active state opposite the names of those applications that need to be synchronized in the storage. In this case, all the necessary materials from Apple devices (tablet, iPhone, MacBook) will be collected in a virtual disk if all devices have the same ID.
- Synchronize all running applications, but you will have to pay an annual fee for additional memory to the free service (5 GB). When transferring information from a smartphone or tablet to the cloud, you need to make a selection.
- Enable Find iPhone When Lost. This will help you find your iPhone quickly.
- Copying files can be set manually or will automatically start every time you connect to WI-FI or during charging.
- You don’t have to back up. data synced to a cloud drive is hard to lose. Sometimes you need to roll back the phone to factory settings, then all files marked by synchronization will be transferred automatically to the device.
ICloud virtual disk, translated from English as “cloud” with the prefix i, meaning all software products of this company, was created in 2011. Tied to devices manufactured by Apple.
The prototype of iCloud was iTunes, an application that allowed you to save, organize audio and video data with the ability to restore the system after critical situations. iCloud is backed by Apple’s Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, where all user-uploaded content resides.
You can connect to cloud storage using a single Apple user ID. The buyer of any equipment from the company receives its own ID based on personal information and allows making purchases, updates in the iTunesStore application. The volume of the service provided to users free of charge is 5 GB.
How to view the cloud on iPhone?
Photos taken on the iPhone, whatever the use of the cloud, will not go anywhere. Using the library, you can choose a setting that allows you to move the original to storage, leaving an optimized copy of it on your smartphone. The photo quality will be reduced only on the mobile device. In this case, the size of the image will be 2048×1536 pixels, which allows you to comfortably view it on a PC screen or high-definition TV.
- To transfer images from the cloud to the smartphone’s memory, open the “Photos” application. Switching to the option of displaying albums, we see a folder with pictures placed on the device (marked with the number “1”), and cloud storage, marked with a two.
- Opening the photostream folder, select the desired photo. The “Share” icon is located in the lower left corner. Click it to expand the full list of possible actions.
- At the bottom of the screen, two bars appear with installed applications and operations. Scrolling through the action menu, we find the icon indicated in the screenshot. With its help, the selected image can be taken out of the cloud to download or restore on a smartphone. The upper strip with messenger icons makes it possible to drop it to any contact from the phone book. If the available capabilities are not enough for operations with the file, the item marked with an arrow will open an additional menu.
- Using the horizontal strokes indicated by the arrow, you can sort the allowed actions in the desired sequence according to the frequency of use. After that, you can copy, add to the selected album or transfer the photo to another cloud service with one click of a button.
How to turn off iCloud on iPhone and iPad?
If, for some reason, you have a need or desire to “untie” your iPhone or iPad from iCloud, for example, to restore your device (it is enough to disable only the “Find iPhone” function, not iCloud in general) or update iOS, do it very simply.
On iPhone or iPad go to Settings. iCloud ”, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on the sign“ Exit ”(on iOS below 8.x it will be“ Delete ”).
If Find My iPhone is not active on your device (the corresponding switch is off), you do not need to enter your Apple ID password to sign out of iCloud.
If in the iCloud menu the switch opposite “Find iPhone” was turned on, in order to untie the device from iCloud, you must enter the password for the account. Without this, you cannot turn off iCloud on iPhone.
Log into iCloud without downloading programs
Next, all you need to do is enter your Apple ID and password in the appropriate fields. By the way, using this site, any user can restore their account in case the password or Apple ID has been forgotten, as well as register and create a new account.
If you successfully log into the store from a browser, your account will look something like this:
Let’s take a closer look at what functions are available to the user when logging into iCloud from the browser:
Mail. We can safely say that the mail service is practically no different from the version that you saw on your Apple gadget. That is, you can freely read, write, send letters and perform other actions with your mailbox.
Contacts. Using this section, you can view a complete list of your contacts, and, if necessary, export them to your computer in vCard format. Usually this function is used in a situation when you need to transfer contacts to another device (for example, based on Android or Windows).
The calendar. Here you can view and edit events and events, as well as the time of their notification. The data is presented clearly and conveniently:
Photo. In this section, you can view all photos and videos taken on any of your Apple devices. Media files are stored in the cloud and are available for viewing and importing to your computer. You can also upload photos or videos to cloud storage from your PC. Media files are synchronized quite quickly, so you can get photos and videos anywhere at any time, having access to the Internet.
iCloud Drive. This part of the iCloud service allows you to store data and files that were made in different applications in one place. For example, if you have a document created in a third-party application, then it will be displayed in this section.
Notes. Here you can view, create, delete and move personal notes from your Apple devices. If you have not tried this feature yet, we strongly recommend
It is a very simple tool for storing information that is important to you. Plus. you can always access it from your PC.
Reminders. All notifications about important events are stored here.
How to View and Export Messages on iCloud [100% Works]
You can easily view, add or remove reminders from your device.
Next are the Pages, Numbers, Keynote blocks. What are these sections? Let’s describe briefly. these are office applications with a text editor, tools for working with tabular data and presentations. It is worth noting here that in the iOS 10 version, the possibility of collaboration appeared. when several users can work on this data at the same time (the service is similar to Google Documents and Google Tables).
My friends. With this function, you can find the location of friends or acquaintances, as well as find out if they are nearby. To fully use the section, you must allow the service to use your current location.
Find iPhone. This section works by analogy with the application of the same name and allows you to find a lost or stolen iPhone. But for successful searches on the smartphone, such a function must be activated and the device itself must be password protected (in case the thief is well aware of the peculiarities of this function and decides to disable it). When searching for a phone, you can turn on an audible notification, place an entry on the smartphone screen (for example, with a request to return for a reward), and reset the device if you are sure that the smartphone will not be returned. Settings. Here you can manage the configurations of your Apple devices, namely accounts, security and backups.
Signing in to iCloud from a computer or laptop using a browser is easy enough. over, this method does not require extra time to install additional programs and opens up a wide range of functions.
But let’s agree that there are situations when the official Windows iCloud program may be needed. For example, if you want to regularly save photos and videos from iCloud to your PC or are used to an easier way to work with documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
How to turn on iCloud?
To activate iCloud on an iOS device or Mac, Apple recommends installing the latest version of the operating system, however, this point of the instructions is only a recommendation. Next, you just need to go to Settings on iDevice or System Preferences on Mac, select the iCloud section and enter your Apple ID account information.
Here is a list of services, data from which can be synchronized, as well as items for activating Photo Stream, iCloud Drive, Find iPhone, Keychain, and automatically create backups of an iOS device in the cloud.
ICloud can also be used by Windows users, for this you need to download the appropriate client.
How to Unlink iPhone or iPad from iCloud (Remove from Apple ID)?
How to view all photos stored in iCloud
How to turn off iCloud without Apple ID password?
Unlinking iPhones, iPads, and Macs with iCloud’s Find iPhone, iPad or Mac disabled is easy, just a few simple steps. If your device was “tied” in iCloud to your Apple ID and the “Find iPhone”, “Find iPad” or “Find Mac” function is enabled, in order to exit the “cloud”, you must enter your account password, but and it’s not difficult.
Problems arise when you have safely forgotten the password to the Apple ID or iCloud on the device is connected not from your Apple ID, but, say, from the account of its previous owner. In such cases, there are only 2 outputs:
To do this, a backup email address must be specified in your account settings or you must remember the answers to security questions.
In this case, on the site http://iCloud.com/ you need to log in with the Apple ID that was connected on the device in “Settings. iCloud ”, in the“ All devices ”menu, select the desired one and activate the iPhone erasure. After the device is connected to the Internet and the erasure request is completed, the device can be restored to DFU or Recovery Mode and safely activated.
Let me remind you: Activation Lock for iPhone and iPad with iOS 8.0 and higher is enabled by default. Its condition can be checked in several ways.
!Tip If on your iPhone or iPad in “Settings. iCloud ”is connected to an Apple ID to which you do not have access, restoration and updating of the firmware is contraindicated for you. After flashing such a device, the activation lock will turn it into a “brick”.
Find iPhone using dedicated apps
In addition to the standard Find My iPhone program, which is installed on every Apple device, there are a number of other useful applications in this direction. They work in a similar way to the pre-installed software. That is, user confirmation is required. However, additional functions will also be available to the user.
If we consider the Cocospy application, then among other things, it allows you to read the call history, browser and WhatsApp. Of course, the location tracking feature is still there. She is the main one. True, the program works only through jailbreak.
Another application is mSpy. It works without jailbreak, but requires entering your Apple ID.
- Geolocation tracking.
- View media files on another phone.
- Capturing all actions on the iPhone.
Also, as an additional option, it is worth considering the FlexiSPY program with the functions of reading messages and tracking calls, XNSPY for tracking in social networks and instant messengers, Hoverwatch (paid, but with wide functionality).
How Find My iPhone works
It is impossible to use the application after losing your phone. The program must be installed on your site in advance
Do not forget to do this, otherwise you will regret it someday! Please note that when setting up the function, the device will ask you to allow geolocation. one of the conditions for the operation of this application. It is likely that after this the battery will discharge a little faster.
How to disable the function
Another situation is possible: you need to turn off the Find iPhone function, for example, when you sell your phone or take it in for repair. There are two main options for deactivation: directly through the device or remotely. Needless to say, in either case, this function can be disabled only after entering the password for the Apple ID account. Without this. no way.
The first method is the simplest and most convenient, but it requires access to the device:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Find iCloud.
- Scroll down to Find iPhone, turn the toggle switch to off.
- Confirm your decision with your Apple ID password.
- After carrying out this simple operation, you will be sent a notification by e-mail about the disabling of the function.
Method two. if there is no mobile phone on hand, then the “Find iPhone” function can be disabled remotely:
- First you need to go to the appropriate application.
- Install the program in the App Store or on the website at https://iCloud.com/find.
- Open the “My Devices” menu from the navigation bar.
- In the list that appears, select your mobile phone.
- It is allowed to remove a smartphone from the list only when it is offline.
- When working with the mobile application, click on the “Delete” button, in the web version. “cross”.
- the application will ask you to confirm your actions and at the same time remind you that after that the iPad can be activated by another person.
Not everything is completely clear? Use our video tutorial https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=rLPHQ76HHvw, where the Find iPhone program is taken apart and a guide is given to those who lost their phone how to find its location. you don’t know. Check out this tutorial, and you will learn how to find an iPhone by geolocation, by gps, you will easily find all your devices with the same Apple ID.
Learn How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer.
Which cloud to choose
For myself, I made the following conclusion. to use Yandex.Disk for photos and storage of large files and iCloud. to create backups of iPhone and iPad and be able to quickly restore them. I would gladly use iCloud for everything, but Yandex is more convenient.
There are several wishes for Apple. First, you just need to increase the amount of free space in iCloud to a more modern value. Second, the amount of free space provided can be changed depending on the devices that the user owns. Third, enable buyers of new devices to transfer their data without purchasing additional space.
Why iCloud is running out of storage
By default, every new iCloud user is given 5 GB of free Apple cloud storage. By modern standards, this volume is not very large, plus everything, such a storage is clogged up quite quickly.
Most of the dedicated cloud is occupied by the necessary files (notes, contacts, photos or media files), but there is a large percentage of data that is generated by creating backups to iCloud.
Plus, most of the files in this storage are duplicated. This happens due to the fact that in addition to downloading the main files, there are duplicates of them contained in the backup copy (in compressed form). That is why it is worth distinguishing between the options “Create a backup in iCloud” and “Sync to iCloud”.
Backups are eating up iCloud space
How to view and open iCloud Drive Files on iPhone/iPad
Such saving of duplicates is performed automatically and is controlled by the backup settings (more on this below). Not every user is able to keep track of these subtleties and therefore often faces a critical lack of memory in iCloud.