How To Upload Igtv To Instagram From iPhone
How to add IGTV videos to Instagram from your phone
In Instagram itself on the phone, without downloading additional applications, you can add IGTV videos.
First way to download IGTV from phone
Go to your account on your phone, click the plus in the bottom middle. Choose the video you want (on IGTV, it will only work longer than 60 seconds). Click “Next”.
If you choose “short video”, then your video will be cropped to 60 seconds and will appear as normal in the feed. To fully upload the video to IGTV. Select “Long video”.
Choose a cover from either video frames, or click “Add content from film” and you can upload a suitable photo from the gallery.
Write a title and description for the video. You can add an active link to an external site in the description.
If you leave the “Publish preview” radio button, then the first 60 seconds of the video will appear in your feed with a link to the full version of the video.
Here you can also edit which part of the video will be shown in the feed (“Edit Preview”) and crop the cover (“Edit Cover”).
In advanced settings, you can also connect automatically generated subtitles.
Second way to download IGTV from phone
Go to your Instagram account, click the plus sign from the top left. Choose “IGTV Video”. Then everything is as in the screenshots above.
You can watch uploaded IGTV videos on your Instagram account.
IGTV on Instagram: how to upload and add videos from your phone and computer
Instagram has created a convenient format for long IGTV videos for bloggers, stars and every ordinary person with a smartphone in their hands. Instagram TV (IGTV). These are vertical videos in Instagram Stories format. You can download and add IGTV videos from your phone or computer directly in the Instagram application, on the website in the web version of instagram.com, or by downloading the IGTV application.
At the same time, you do not need to shoot a picture at the Netflix level, but you can post regular vlogs. Youtube Investors Frowned Together.
Size, format and duration of videos to upload to IGTV
Not any video can be uploaded to IGTV, it must fit in the format.
IGTV video on Instagram. What is it?
TV is watched less and less, and perhaps IGTV Instagram videos want to replace your plasma on the wall. We have the ability to add long videos straight to Instagram. Another tool for promoting on Instagram and increasing reach!
Even promotion services already offer IGTV video views.
What is IGTV and how is it different from Instagram Stories and Live Streams? Similar format IGTV videos are vertical. But these videos need to be done in advance and then uploaded to IGTV. But there is scrolling back and forth while browsing. Duration. From 60 seconds to 15 minutes (for downloading from a phone) and no longer than an hour (if done from a computer).
IGTV videos can also be liked and commented on, they have statistics (if you make a business account or an author account). And in the description you can add a clickable link to an external site.
In any Instagram account (regardless of the number of subscribers), you can add a link to an IGTV video to Stories. And in the feed you can put a preview with a link to the full IGTV video.
IGTV video sizes and format
The most popular format, like in Stories, is vertical. You can also upload a horizontal video to IGTV. While watching it you can flip the screen and it will unfold (just like on Youtube). If you shoot and upload a video from your phone, then you don’t need to think too much. When you upload a video to IGTV (detailed instructions below), a gallery will open and it will contain only those videos that fit in length and size.
IGTV video size:
- 9:16 vertical videos
- 16: 9 horizontal videos
Size (“weight”) of the video:
- 1-10 min: 650MB maximum
- 10-60 min: 3.6GB maximum
IGTV video length:
- Download from phone: 1-15 min. (file size up to 3.6 GB)
- Upload from computer (web version instagram.com): up to 60 min.
How to post a video on the IGTV app on Instagram
We recommend downloading this application if you often watch and upload IGTV videos.
Open IGTV, click “Continue As”
Three sections at the top: subscriptions, popular, history (not everyone has these sections). History. Those IGTV videos you’ve watched before.
To download a video in the IGTV app, click the plus on the top right, allow access to your photos and videos.
Videos that fit in length, size and format will be available for download, the rest will not.
Choose a video, you can watch it. Click “Next” on the top right. Choose a cover from either video frames, or click “Add content from camera roll” and choose a suitable photo from the gallery.
Write a title and description for the video. You can add an active link to an external site in the description.
If you leave the “Publish Preview” radio button on, the first 60 seconds of the video will appear in your feed with a link to the full version of the video. You can edit a segment of an IGTV video for preview in the feed and crop the cover.
Once downloaded, the IGTV video preview can be uploaded to Stories.
You can watch uploaded IGTV videos on your Instagram account.
How to Upload and Share IGTV Videos on Instagram
There are three ways to upload videos from 60 seconds to IGTV:
- In the Instagram application (from the phone)
- Via the web version instagram.com (from a computer)
- In the IGTV app (from the phone)
How to download and watch IGTV on Instagram on a computer
You can also watch and upload IGTV videos to your account from your computer.
- Go to the web version of instagram.com, log into your account. To the right of “Post” you will see “IGTV” (see screenshot below). Click on the video and watch. So you can watch IGTV from your computer and in your account, and in any other.
- To upload a video to IGTV from your computer, in your account, click the blue “Upload” button on the right. You will be redirected to the download page, where everything is clear without words # 128578; Do not close the page while loading. In the “Description” window, you can insert an active clickable link to an external site.
How to add IGTV video link in Stories?
Shooting or uploading Stories. Click on the “Link” icon at the top.
Click “IGTV Video”. Choose what you want. Click “Finish” in the upper right corner. You can add text or GIF with an arrow on top.
When viewing this Story, subscribers will be able to swipe up and go to the IGTV video you linked.
How to upload horizontal video from your phone to IGTV? To change the position of the captured video from horizontal to vertical, you can use the InShot application. After installing it on your mobile phone, you need to open the application and follow these steps:
- On the main page, tap on the “video” icon in the “Create channel” block;
- Select the desired video in the opened gallery of the mobile device;
- After the captured video is loaded into the application, at the bottom of it, on the toolbar, find and click the “Rotation” icon in the form of a round arrow.
- Wait for the video to appear in horizontal format and then click the “Save” button at the top
The content is now in the required format and can be published on IGTV
To do this, in the IGTV application, you need to click on the gear image, which is on the same line with the search icon. In the drop-down tab, select the following step:
- Create a channel if it has not been created yet;
- Or choose an existing one.
Only one channel can be created for one user. After the account is created, just click on the profile photo, avatar, and the available videos, as well as statistics, will be displayed on the screen. At the same time, not all videos in the phone’s gallery will be available for download, but only those videos that are suitable in format and duration.
How to add videos to IGTV on Instagram: from phone and computer
How to add IGTV to Instagram? IGTV is a brand new service that has put Instagram on a par with popular video hosting sites. Users now have the opportunity to add video content not in short clips, but to upload videos up to 10 minutes long, and in some cases long ones, up to 60 minutes. After the user figured out how to add IGTV to Instagram, questions arise about its use. Faced with the service for the first time, users cannot figure out how to add their video to IGTV. This is not difficult to do, you just need to learn a few rules, and following the instructions, you can share video content on Instagram.
To upload a horizontal video to IGTV from a computer, you need to convert it to a vertical format in the same way as in the case of a phone. The orientation of the video can be changed in any video editor that provides this opportunity. When the clip has been converted, you can upload it to IGTV. To do this, the Bluestacks emulator must be installed on the computer. The program allows you to use mobile applications, including Instagram.
- You need to find the Instagram icon in the Bluestacks emulator and log in to the application. After that. Download IGTV.
- An icon will appear in the user’s profile, by clicking on which, a training video will appear. If there is no need to go through the training, you can click “Next” several times to go directly to the download.
- An offer to download a video will appear on the screen, which you need to use by tapping on the icon. A field with a plus appears in the window that opens. You can drag the desired video from the desktop onto it, or you can click on the plus and select the folder with the video from the drop-down tab, and then the desired content.
By the same principle, the Gramblr emulator and the desktop version of the application are running on the computer.
How to download horizontal video to igtv
The answer to this question is quite SIMple. Not at all. All content that is uploaded to IGTV is originally intended to be viewed on the phone. Therefore, a requirement is imposed on the orientation of the roller. It must be vertical. You cannot rotate a horizontal video, it does not provide for the functionality of a social network. What if the captured content is in horizontal orientation? How to upload videos to IGTV? There are several ways to change the format of a video. To flip to standard position, you must use a third-party service before publishing it. This can be done both from a mobile device and from a PC.
How to post a video to IGTV on Instagram
After the IGTV application is installed on the phone, access to it appears inside Instagram. When uploading a video, while the filling process is in progress, you can edit the cover for it. Any image in photo format is suitable for this. And you can also make a short description of the video, come up with a title for it, and write a small comment and share it with subscribers.
After the upload process has reached 100%, a “Publish” button will appear next to the video. All that remains is to click on it and the uploaded video will appear in the feed.
How to upload IGTV videos to Instagram from phone and computer
Recently, Instagram has a cool new feature. Instagram TV, which allows users to create their own channels and upload videos. Of course, analogies with Youtube cannot be avoided, however IGTV has a number of nuances and unique features that are worth considering in more detail. So, in this article, we will look at how to use IGTV, how to create your own channel on Instagram, how to upload a video to IGTV on Instagram from your phone and computer.!
How to post a video to IGTV on Instagram from a computer
How to post a video to IGTV on Instagram from a computer? This requires:
- Open your Instagram profile and click on the IGTV tab, where the user will be prompted to create their own channel and start sharing their videos with the Instagram audience (Star Sharing to IGTV). Here you should click on the “Get Started” button;
- Then you need to click on the “Next” button 2 times in a row;
- And finally, when Instagram announces that only vertical video format can be used, you need to click on the “Create Channel” button, which means “create a channel”;
- The user channel will be created. Now, in order to upload your video to IGTV on your computer, you need to click on the “Upload” button;
- It remains only to download the desired video by dragging the desired file into the appropriate area, give a title and description and click on the “Publish” button (or save as a draft for later publication).
IGTV on Instagram
First of all, it should be noted that IGTV launched on June 20, 2018 as a standalone mobile app. And although many users have already appreciated the innovation. IGTV has been added with a separate button next to Direct to the Instagram application, in order to use IGTV to the fullest, and not just to watch other people’s videos, you need to install the IGTV application, which is already available on the Play Market AppStore.
How to create an Instagram channel on IGTV on Instagram
Of course, a huge number of users are interested in how to upload videos to IGTV. Here it is immediately necessary to formulate the procedure required to add a video to IGTV:
- You need to install the IGTV application from the Play Market for Android and from the AppStore for iPhones;
- Create your own channel;
- Upload videos to your channel.
As you can see, everything is extremely SIMple and accessible to every Instagram user.
Step by step instructions on how to upload video to IGTV from phone
So, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to upload a video to IGTV from your phone on Instagram:
- As noted earlier, you need to install the IGTV app and open it. On the start screen, the user will be asked to select an account: continue with the default one, or switch to another;
- Videos of popular and recommended channels will open. To start creating your channel, you need to click on the avatar;
- After that, the application will offer to create a channel. Here you just need to click on the “Next” button;
- Then you need to click “Next” again;
- Finally, the user will be notified that they can download videos longer than a minute, which is really cool. It is necessary to click on the “Create channel” button;
- The channel will be created. To add a video, you must click on the plus sign;
- Then allow the IGTV application to access the video files of the smartphone;
- Next, the user’s gallery will open, where you need to select the desired video and click on the “Next” button at the top right of the screen;
- Then you need to edit the cover of the video, indicate the name of the video and come up with a description, and also, if necessary, open access to the video on the page. Then you need to click on the “Publish” button;
- The video will be uploaded and published for some time. The user can always watch his videos by opening his channel by clicking on the avatar icon.
IGTV video requirements
Today, there are certain video requirements that must be followed both on mobile devices and on a computer. So, when uploading a video to IGTV, the user should remember:
- Videos should be between 15 seconds and 10 minutes long;
- Vertical only video (on phone camera).
Also, it should be noted that when a video is published, it will be offered on IGTV to all the user’s subscribers. To subscribe to something on an IGTV channel, you can SIMply subscribe to it on Instagram.!
To post a video to Instagram from your phone, you need to install the latest version of the application from the Play Market or AppStore. When adding, just select a file or several by clicking the “Publish” button.
A user can mark a video longer than one minute, but only a segment of no more than 59 seconds will be published. Can be shortened using timeline, add filter and caption.
Instructions on how to add a video to Instagram from your phone:
- Login to Instagram mobile app.
- Click “Add publication”. Gallery.
- Select the last video or use the search in the internal storage.
- Continue. Edit and publish.
But even with the limitation and trimming of time, adding a video for more than 20 minutes will not work. A warning appears on the screen: The video file is too long. It can be shortened using programs: Magisto, Video Show.
Using the grid, you can adjust the position. If the format is horizontal and most of what is happening does not fit, holding your finger on the video, you can move it around the screen. Using the “Full Format” tool, you can add in the resolution in which it was shot.
Adding to Instagram Stories
Stories. A section with short videos and photos that are deleted after 24 hours. To leave memories or pin a record in your profile, you need to go to the “Relevant” section.
You can add a video to the Story that is 15 seconds long. If you upload a larger file, the system will automatically split it into several parts.
In Stories, each video continues with the next. The profile owner can add any number of media files, gradually reloading or dividing one large video into small ones.
Requirements for videos in Stories:
Vertical size with aspect ratio: 9:16
Format: mov or mp4
Maximum file size: 4 GB.
Resolution: from 600×1027 px to 1080×1920
If respected, the video will be of high quality, without pixelation. To download the maximum size, the baud rate must be 8 Mbps. If the media file does not download for more than 10 minutes: reconnect to the network. A notification will appear on the screen: Post after connecting to the Internet.
To upload a video to Stories:
- Go to the Feed section from your personal profile.
- Click on the top icon “Camera”.
- Select: Normal mode. Hold your finger on the “Start” button.
- Take video. Share.
The video can be sent to “Best Friends”, in Direct Messages or published in the Feed. Filters and masks are available: the first ones are added after shooting, the second ones change a person’s appearance through the front camera.
You won’t be able to add videos to Stories from your computer, but you can upload a file from the Gallery:
- Go to the “Stories” section. Click on the Gallery icon in the upper right corner.
- Select file. Add filters, stickers or text.
- Publish in any way.
You cannot apply masks or shooting modes to videos published from the Gallery. But it can be adjusted and changed through other applications. Duration also no more than 15 seconds.
Adding Instagram Videos The Easy Way
The easiest way is to use your smartphone. Opening the section “Create a post”, the user can add photos and videos that are in the Gallery. Shooting is also available, followed by a filter and time limit.
Loading methods that suit everyone:
- Download using a smartphone;
- Posting to Stories and Topical. Adding materials that are already in the Gallery;
- Importing from other social networks;
- IGTV downloader on PC and mobile.
There are requirements for publications regarding file size, resolution and quality. For example, you cannot publish videos longer than one minute to the Feed. But you can upload it to your channel on IGTV.
In Stories, only 15 second clips are available to download, but if necessary. One long one can be split into several parts.
How long can you upload a video to Instagram:
Ribbon: 5 seconds to 59.
Stories: up to 15 seconds.
IGTV: up to an hour for large and verified communities, up to 15 minutes for ordinary users.
The extension is mp4 only, the resolution is standard square. It can be enlarged by clicking on the “Full format” button when publishing. This extends the roller horizontally or vertically. As an option, you can make an accelerated video.
To add from a computer, users are offered the option to download via Bluestacks. Suitable for owners of powerful devices, where you can SIMultaneously start downloading and running the emulator.
Instructions on how to upload a video to Instagram via a computer:
- Launch Bluestacks emulator. Download the Instagram app to your computer and log in.
- Press the button “Create a publication”. In the section “Gallery” indicate “Other”.
- Internal storage will open. Scroll the side menu to “Load from Windows”.
- Select file on computer. Edit and publish.
You cannot add videos from the web version (log in with a browser. View code), only photos. Even specifying “All files” in the search settings. Mp4 will not be loaded.
By adding using Bluestacks, the user can apply filters, adjust the time period: start and end.
Way to download a long video
For posting files longer than one minute, the IGTV function is provided. To use, the page owner must create a channel in the appropriate section.
The maximum duration for a personal profile is no more than 15 minutes. You can add a media file larger than 5 GB only from the computer version.
To create an IGTV channel and upload great videos to Instagram:
- Click on the TV icon in your profile. Click on the small icon of your avatar.
- Upload video. Select a file from the Gallery.
- Add description and title. Wait for the download to finish.
By adding a long video to Instagram, the user should check the speed and internet connection. There is an error where the download stops at 50, 80 or 95%.
- Check for app updates in the Play Market or AppStore;
- Delete and install Instagram again;
- Clear the cache and application data using the standard function “Smartphone Settings”. Applications.
Video format for IGTV is the same as for standard posting: mov or mp4. GIF images cannot be uploaded to the social network, so they need to be converted to the appropriate format before publishing.
Adding multiple videos at once
As with photos, videos can be published to Carousel. Number of publications. 10 pieces, but the time of each should not be more than one minute.
To post multiple videos at the same time:
- Go to “Create a publication”. Gallery.
- Mark one or more clips in order.
- Continue. Add a filter for each if necessary.
- Post to Feed.
For Stories, the posting procedure is SIMpler: upload longer than 15 seconds and mark the fragments that need to be published. When placed, the system will independently split media files into separate pieces for 15 seconds.
To view all videos in the Carousel, page visitors or subscribers must swipe left or right. Under the publication, the dots indicate the number of added files.
The main disadvantage of SIMultaneous placement is that the description for all videos will be the same, as well as the number of “Like”. Business page owners will see statistics not for each individual video, but for publications in general.
How to upload a video to an Instagram feed or story from a PC or phone
In addition to photos, you can post videos to social networks. There are several ways to add videos to Instagram: use a standard downloader, via a computer, IGTV, posting to Stories. For each section and method. Requirements are different.
Import from to Instagram
There is no official connection between Instagram and. If a user connects a profile from Instagram on the VK page, an album is created with pictures and the latest videos. To add a video from VK to Instagram, the user will have to download it at the beginning.
After. It is published through the standard method. The problem is that there are no buttons for connecting a account in the official Instagram application, so a reverse import is impossible.
The only social network from where you can send videos for Instagram is. In other cases, transfer is available using the “Share” button.
To download and add a video from a Contact to Instagram:
- Open your profile in VK using the web version.
- In the address line, put the English letter “m” and a period before “vk.com”.
- A mobile view will open. Right-click on the video.
- Save as. Specify free space on the computer.
Now you can post video to Instagram using Bluestaks or transfer the file via USB to your smartphone. To save the title, you can use the GetVideo or SaveFrom services. The services offer a choice of the format and quality of the video that will be downloaded to the PC.
- The first thing to do is copy the link to the post. To do this, open IGTV and copy the video.
- Next, open the site https://www.Igtvloader.com/ and paste our link. Then click on the download button.
There are no apps for downloading IGTV videos on iPhone, but you can use the services on the sites. Let’s look at the example of one of them.
The https://thumbtube.com/igtv-downloader service is very convenient, where you can very easily download a video. To do this, SIMply copy the link of the video file and paste it on the site, and then select “Download Video”. It looks like this:
How to download videos from IGTV on Instagram
Probably every user had a moment in time when he needed to download a video from IGTV. These can be both spontaneous decisions and planned.
For example, a user saw an interesting video in the recommendations and wanted to download it. Or, conversely, a friend has uploaded a video to IGTV and needs to be saved to his device. For such purposes, there are many video download services. How to download videos from IGTV Instagram.
Here are some more video downloader apps:
- IGTV Video Downloader is one of the most popular IGTV video downloader. To download a video file, just copy the link and paste it into the app.
- Video Photo Downloader for IGTV. Instagram saver is another download app where videos start downloading immediately after copying their link.
- Downloader for IGTV Instagram is another SIMple utility that can save videos in a few steps.
The second site where you can also download IGTV videos is https://saveigtv.com/. You can use it in exactly the same way as in the first example.
Android. IGTV Saver | Instagram Saver
- Downloading the application from Google Play.
- Launch the application and click on the “Play” icon. In the window that opens, we are told how to use this utility. You just need to copy the video link and paste it into the app.
- After clicking on the button, the application turns off and waits for the user to copy the link. Therefore, we go to IGTV, copy the link to any video and go back to the application, where we again click on the “Play” button.
- Next, our video is played, which we can easily download. To do this, just click on the arrow button.
How to watch IGTV?
People who prefer to use Insta through a computer can be quite logically upset, because in the web version you can only upload a video. And thanks at least for this, because long videos weigh a lot, so it is most convenient to upload content from a relatively stationary device. Perhaps in the future we will be presented with a special program with full functionality, but at the moment there is no way out of this situation. Yes, there are services that supposedly can help, but don’t get fooled by this. There is still no really reliable service that will fulfill its obligations and will not steal your profile.
On the phone, everything is much easier. You just need to open the application, and the playback will start automatically. Actually, on this topic I have nothing more to say.
Step-by-step instructions on how to add IGTV to Instagram
At the end of June this year, 2018, Instagram introduced a new section of the social network called IGTV. It is a kind of analogue of YouTube. There are many differences. Firstly, the timing is currently available to most users only ten minutes. Secondly, immediately after opening the application, the video starts playing. There is no menu or anything like that. We can say that the platform itself decides what to watch. And one of the very tasty for Insta users is the “For You” section, which contains recommended videos. Let’s talk about how to add IGTV to Instagram and how to use the main features of this service.
But in this case, on the one hand, everything is better. You can even watch the videos. However, you cannot do this from the main application. You have to download a special client. There will be no difficulties with this. It bears a name SIMilar to the name of the platform. After you complete the installation, a shortcut button will appear in the main application at the top of the screen. This is the answer to the question “how to add IGTV to Instagram?” By the way, the entrance to the client is SIMple. You don’t need to register or anything else. If you have previously entered the main Instagram, you will only need to click “Continue as”.
How to upload your video to IGTV?
Anyone who starts filming videos suitable for IGTV is thinking about uploading a video. As I already said, the solution to this issue through a computer is extremely easy. After creating a channel, you just need to open the desired tab and click on the “Download” button. After that, we select the desired file and cover and fill in the “Title” and “Description” fields. And to create a channel, you need to click on a couple of buttons, which are also located in one place on the screen.
Finding the button for creating a profile through the phone is somewhat more difficult, but it is also quite solvable for any person with an IQ higher than 50. We find the icon in the shape of a nut. It is located opposite the search button, next to your avatar thumbnail.
In the opened settings, click on “Create channel”. Then. We tap on several buttons, which, again, are in the same place on the screen.
After that, to manage your profile, you just need to click on the miniature avatar of your profile. The button “Download video” will immediately catch your eye.
Where is IGTV?
How to turn on IGTV? Can I turn it off at all? A controversial issue, but quite logical, because there is no icon in the official Insta client. Some of the functionality of the service can be used through the web version, so we will also consider finding the desired section through a computer.
As I said, very limited functionality is available through a computer. It is so narrow that you can only upload videos. You can find this section on your page in the horizontal menu under the number of subscribers and publications. The required tab will be next to “Publications”.
Life hacks for using IGTV
Although the service is new, there are some life hacks for using it. And I will share them with you.
- IGTV does not allow you to bookmark, and it can only search by channel names, not by video. Therefore, I suggest you the following solution. Do not watch the video for a few seconds so that it will be saved in your “Unwanted” section.
- Use Photoshop or SIMilar software to create covers. Their huge plus is that you can easily fit the image to the desired size. And IGTV is very capricious in terms of formats.
- Recommendations in this service work in a SIMilar way to YouTube trends, which means that to get into this section for a large number of users, you need to get a splash of views on your content. It is not for me to tell you how this can be achieved. However, not all Instagram methods may work here. I want to remind you about the golden watch for publication, thus, the maximum number of your subscribers will help to ensure an exit in the recommendations and even more views.
We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the article on competently drawing up a content plan, as it greatly facilitates the work with posts.
How to remove IGTV?
Can I turn off IGTV on Instagram? When it comes to working with a computer, you cannot remove the tab. And in the case of the phone, you just need to delete the application of the new service. In any case, the icon of this profile does not take up much space and will not be an eyesore.
How to use IGTV on Instagram? Even though I have stretched the answer to this question into a whole article, it can all fit into one sentence: you just take it and use it. The interface is really designed and understood by everyone.
How to add a video to Instagram IGTV: step-by-step instructions and other recommendations
New IGTV Instagram option: how to work with it?
IGTV on Instagram on a computer: everything you can do with the new feature
There is no sound on IGTV on Instagram: reasons and how to fix the problem
Everything you didn’t know about Instagram stories and were afraid to ask