How to Update Windows On Computer
Viber is a popular messenger application that has recently become simply necessary. With it, you can communicate with other users for free without limitation and reference to the location. Developers are constantly trying to improve the program and regularly release new versions of Viber. When a new release is released, past bugs are eliminated, new features are added, and application performance is improved. Therefore, updating Viber is an indispensable part for its quality use.
Why do I need to update the messenger
Having installed Viber for the first time, few people independently update the application on their own, supposedly it functions normally and why update it? However, it is not. Experts strongly advise updating the outdated version of the application, as there is too much sense in this action. So, why do we need Viber update:
- Increased application performance and speed;
- The interface and its contents are improved. New features, settings, animated screensavers, smiles, etc.
- convenience in work and management;
- High level of protection and security;
- Correct operation without errors.
An updated version of any program, including Viber, will weigh a little more than the previous one, so make sure you have free memory on your device before installation.
When the application is updated, this primarily means that you have increased the level of security of your system from fraudulent actions, as with the release of each new version, developers will improve protection according to the latest requirements. In addition, the updated version will provide you with new features and ease of management. Viber will become even more convenient and quick to work. Therefore, if your device allows you to update the program, then do not ignore these requirements.
How to update the application
Viber is not only a mobile application, it is a program that has long been available for other devices. Computers, tablets, laptops. Therefore, Viber needs to be updated on all devices. To do this is not at all difficult.
Update application on smartphone
On smartphone. On tablet
View PC version of Viber
On the computer
If, in addition to the phone, you use Viber on your computer, the program also needs regular updates. You can update Viber on a computer through the site of the operating system that is installed on the PC. Microsoft, Apple or Linux. Downloading the new version is absolutely free, while you do not need to check compliance with system requirements, the site will automatically determine the version of your OS and start downloading the necessary file for updating.
If you do not want to search for the installation file yourself to update the outdated version of Viber, then you can download it from our website. To do this, select the type of your operating system and click “Download Viber”. After downloading, do the following:
- Open the download folder.
- Run the ViberSetup.Exe file.
- The update package will be unpacked on the screen, and after completion, you can start the old Viber icon from the Desktop or from the Toolbar.
You do not need to delete the previous version from the computer. The new version will be installed on top of the previous one and simply make the necessary changes to the software package, thereby updating it. After launching the messenger, it is not required to go through the second stage of activation and synchronization with the smartphone. No changes to your data will occur. After a successful upgrade, you can delete the installation file from the download folder.
If you have not updated the messenger on any of the presented devices for a very long time, then when you open the application, a warning may be displayed on the screen to update the program to a newer version. Under the notification text, a transition for updating will be available. You just have to confirm this action and in a couple of minutes Viber is optimized.
Can I go back to the previous version
Despite the fact that experts strongly recommend updating the application and not using the old version, sometimes this need is extremely necessary. How often does this happen in practice? You updated the program, launched it on your phone, tablet or computer, and the messenger’s work has changed, and not for the better. Now we are not talking about a new interface. The new version may bring the following inconveniences:
- The device began to work slowly;
- The application constantly freezes;
- Notifications do not arrive on time;
- Calls are not received when the application is closed or the phone is locked;
- The contact list is no longer displayed correctly.
Problems with the work of the new version of Viber most often arise on obsolete devices that can not cope with a highly intensive updated application.
You can download Viber of the old version on our website. All submitted files are absolutely safe and do not pose a threat to your device. Below, select the type of your system and click “Download Viber”, after downloading, reinstall the messenger, but first remove the current version. To ensure that correspondence is not lost, create a backup of Viber. “”, “Settings”, “Account”, “Backup”.
Windows 10 update for May 2020
Update Assistant can help you upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10. To get started, click Update now.
Want to install Windows 10 on your computer?
To get started, you need a license to install Windows 10. Then you can install and run the media creation tool. For details on how to use this tool, see the instructions below.
- Using the tool to upgrade this computer to Windows 10 (click to show or hide additional information)
These instructions can be used in the following cases:
- You have a license to install Windows 10 and you are upgrading your computer’s operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1.
- You need to reinstall Windows 10 on the computer where this OS has already been successfully activated.
If you are installing Windows 10 on a computer running Windows XP or Windows Vista, or if you need to create installation media with Windows 10 on another computer, see Using the tool to create installation media (a USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) ) to install Windows 10 on another computer below.
Note. Before installing Windows 10, make sure that your computer meets the system requirements for Windows 10. In addition, we recommend that you visit the computer manufacturer’s website for more information on updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
- Click Download tool, and then. Run. Administrator privileges are required to run this tool.
- If you agree to the terms of the license agreement on the page License terms, click To accept.
- On the page What do you want to do? Select Update this computer now, and then click Further.
After downloading and installing, the software will provide instructions for setting up Windows 10 on your PC. All versions of Windows 10 are available through the Windows 10 link, except Enterprise. For more information on the Enterprise version, see the Volume Licensing Service Center website.
- If you do not have a license to install Windows 10 and you have not yet upgraded to this version, you can purchase a copy here: https://www.Microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-windows-10.
- If you have already upgraded the operating system on this computer to Windows 10 and are reinstalling it now, you do not need to enter a product key. Your Windows 10 instance will be activated automatically later with a digital license.
Follow these instructions to create installation media (a USB flash drive or DVD) that you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10.
Before installing the tool, make sure that you have:
- Internet connection (ISP may charge for services).
- Enough free space on your computer’s drive, USB device, or external media.
- Empty At least 8 GB USB flash drive, or a blank DVD (as well as a DVD burner) if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB drive or a blank DVD, as all of its contents will be deleted.
- If a message appears when writing the ISO file to a DVD disc that the disc image file is too large, you must use a dual layer DVD (DL) disc.
Check the specifications of the computer on which you want to install Windows 10:
- 64-bit or 32-bit processor (CPU). You will create a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows 10. To check this characteristic of the computer, open the section Computer information in computer settings or System in the control panel and find Type of system.
- System requirements. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements for Windows 10. In addition, we recommend that you visit the computer manufacturer’s website for more information about updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
- Windows language. When installing Windows 10, you will need to select the same language. To find out which language is currently used, open the section Time and language in computer settings or Region in the control panel.
- Windows release. You will also need to select the same edition of Windows. To find out which edition is in use, go to Computer information in computer settings or System in the control panel and find Windows release. Windows 10 Enterprise is not available in the media creation tool. You can learn more about this on the Volume Licensing Service Center website.
- Microsoft Office Products. If you have just purchased a new device on which Office 365 is installed, we recommend that you activate (install) Office before upgrading to Windows 10. For information on activating an Office copy, see Download and install Office 365 for home, Office 365 personal or Office 365 for students. For more information, see Upgrade to Windows 10 on new devices that include Office 365.
If you have Office 2010 or earlier installed and want to perform a clean installation of Windows 10, you need to find the Office product key. For tips on finding a product key, see Find a product key for Office 2010 or Enter a product key for Office 2007.
Create installation media using the tool:
- Click Download tool now, and then. Run. Administrator privileges are required to run this tool.
- If you agree to the terms of the license agreement, click To accept.
- On the page What do you want to do? Select Create installation media for another computer, and then click Further.
For Windows 10, choose your language, release, and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit). The table below will help you decide which edition of Windows 10 you need to install.
|Current Windows release||Windows 10 release|
|Windows 7 Starter
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 8 / 8.1
Windows 8.1 with Bing
Windows 8 Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro
Windows 8 / 8.1 Professional with Media Center
Windows 8 / 8.1 Single Language
Windows 8 Single Language with Bing
Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Pro
|Windows 8 / 8.1 Chinese Language Edition
Windows 8 Chinese Language Edition with Bing
|Windows 10 Home China|
After completing the installation of Windows 10, please make sure that you have all the necessary device drivers installed. To check for updates, click the “Start” button, click Settings Update and Security Windows Update and select Check for Updates. You can also visit the manufacturer’s technical support website for your device to download any additional drivers that may be required.
Note. Drivers for Surface devices are available on the Surface driver and firmware download page.
- Using the created installation media (click to show or hide additional information)
Before installing Windows 10, it is recommended that you save all the necessary data and create a backup of your computer. If you downloaded the ISO file for Windows 10 using the media creation tool, you must burn it to a DVD before following the instructions below.
- Plug in a USB flash drive or insert a DVD into the computer on which you want to install Windows 10.
- Restart your PC.
If the PC does not boot automatically from a bootable USB drive or DVD, you may need to open the boot menu or change the boot order in the BIOS or UEFI settings. To open the boot menu or change the boot order, you usually need to press a key (for example, F2, F12, Delete or Esc) immediately after turning on the power of the PC. For instructions on accessing the boot menu or changing the boot order of a PC, see the documentation that came with the PC or the manufacturer’s website. If the USB drive or DVD is not in the list of boot options, you may need to contact your PC manufacturer for instructions to temporarily disable Safe Boot mode in the BIOS settings.
If changing the boot menu or boot order does not work, and the PC immediately loads the operating system that you want to replace, it is possible that the PC was not completely turned off. To ensure a complete shutdown of the PC, press the power button on the login screen or on the Start menu and select Shut Down.
If you downloaded the ISO file for Windows 10, it is saved in the folder you specified on the local computer. If a third-party DVD burning program is installed on the computer that you want to use to create the installation DVD, open the folder in which the file is saved and double-click the ISO file or right-click it, select the command To open with, and then select your preferred program.
To create the installation DVD using the Windows Image Writer, open the folder in which the ISO file is saved. Right-click the ISO file and select Properties. Tab “Are common” click Edit and select Windows Explorer as a program to open ISO files, and then click To apply. Then right-click the ISO file and select Burn disc image.
To install Windows 10 directly from an ISO file without using a DVD or flash drive, you can mount an ISO file. In this case, the current operating system will be upgraded to Windows 10.