How To Unlock Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
The question of how to unlock the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus arises inevitably in those situations where you have forgotten your password, graphic key or digital access code, and the smartphone for some reason refuses to “recognize” you with biometric methods.
It should be noted that if you rebooted the Galaxy S8, then you won’t be able to unlock it using your fingerprint, scanning the iris or the face recognition function, you need a basic password (that is, biometrics will not help in this case).
Of course, you can resort to radical measures to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8. a complete reset. However, in this case, you will lose all your data stored in the main memory of the smartphone (the data on the SD card will remain intact).
However, you can also unlock if you forget your main password from the device. Actually, there are two methods: either through the proprietary service from Samsung Find My Mobile (works only with Samsung smartphones and tablets), or using the Android Device Manager software (compatible with all Android gadgets).
Table of Contents
How to unlock Samsung Galaxy S8 via Find My Mobile?
What is needed for this:
- Active connection to the Internet on a smartphone (either a mobile network or WiFi).
- Login and password for your Samsung account (e-mail), which you had to pre-configure on your smartphone.
So, the procedure for unlocking your Galaxy S8:
- We go to the service website at https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ and log in using your Samsung account information.
- We are waiting for the discovery of the smartphone on the site.
- We go to the “Unlock screen” section (you need to click on the “” button in the main menu).
- Click on the “Unlock” button and confirm the operation by entering the password for the Samsung account.
After that, you need to re-configure the screen lock on your Galaxy S8. That’s all, actually!
How to unlock Samsung Galaxy S7 via Android Device Manager?
Nuance: in the security settings of the smartphone should be enabled remote control (by default it is activated). All the necessary software is already present on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus out of the box.
- We go to the site https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager?hl=en and log in with the details of your Google account, which is configured on the smartphone itself.
- When entering the Android Device Manager, accept the terms of service.
- Your item is “Block or clear.” Do not be afraid, your data will not be lost.
- Click “Block”, and then set a new access password to the smartphone, with which we will then log in.
There is also a way to unlock the Galaxy S8 using the restore access function through a Google account on the device itself. Naturally, with a network connection.
What to do if it doesn’t help
Back to the toughest option. Hard Reset to reset the settings and data of the smartphone. If necessary, you can contact the nearest service center.