How to Unlock Iphone Without iTunes
The longer and harder the password, the more secure your iPhone is from unwanted access. But such protection can work against you if you forget your password one day.
What if this happened? The main thing is not to panic: you can easily unlock the iPhone if you know how to do it.
Unlock via iTunes
Unlocking iPhone using Aityuns is possible with or without data storage.
The first way is possible when iPhone normally loaded and connected to the service through a computer, and the second. If during loading any problems occurred.
For example, the device freezes on the screen saver or only the cable is displayed on the screen iTunes.
To reset your password while saving all other information, open the “Devices” section in iTunes and find your iPhone in the list.
Next, expand the “Overview” tab in the right half of the window and click the “Restore” button.
The password will be reset, and all other information will remain in place.
To additionally save a backup copy of settings and other data from your device to iTunes, click the “Copy” button.
Recovery without saving information
If the first method fails or the iPhone does not fully load, you will have to sacrifice personal data. The settings of the device will be reset to the state as after a purchase.
- Download iTunes on your computer and update it to the latest version.
- Enter the iPhone in DFU mode: connect the device using the USB cable to the PC and turn it off by simultaneously pressing and holding the “Home” and “Power” buttons. After turning off the screen, release the “Power” button while continuing to hold “Home”.
It should be a few seconds before a message appears in the iTunes window that the connected iPhone is in recovery mode. The smartphone screen will still remain off.
- Click the Restore button in iTunes. The program will download the latest firmware and restore the iPhone. During recovery, the logo and download bar will be displayed on the screen of the device.
When the recovery is completed, iPhone can be downloaded without a password.
If you previously saved a copy of the settings and personal data in iTunes, you will have the opportunity to transfer them to your phone.
In this way, you can unlock iPhone of any version. 4, 4s, 5 and the rest.
Walkthrough: How to Remove Music from iPhone via iTunes
Unlock via iCloud
The next method also erases all user data from the smartphone. You can restore them only if you have not forgotten to save the backup in iCould or iTunes first.
In order to be able to unlock iPhone via Iklaud, you must first install the “Find iPhone” program on your device.
To unlock it directly, you will need access to the Internet. On the device itself (via a SIM card or Wi-Fi) or on the computer to which it is connected.
- Make sure that the blocked iPhone has Internet access.
- Go from any device connected to the network to the “Find Iphone” application on the iCloud website and make sure that the service “sees” your device and is in the “online” status (there should be a green circle in front of the iPhone model in the “All devices” section).
- Click on the icon of the locked phone and select the option “Erase iPhone” in the menu that opens.
- In the confirmation window, click the “Erase” button again.
- In the next window, enter the password for your Apple ID and click “Finish.”
After that, the process of erasing the settings will begin. On the screen of the iPhone at this time, the download bar and the bullseye will be displayed.
Find My iPhone helps unlock as IPhone 6, as well as older models.
Unlock iPhone after jailbreak
Both of the above methods, most likely, will not suit the owners of “jailbroken” smartphones, since they are associated with the installation of official firmware.
And this leads to the inability to connect the device to your mobile operator and the loss of other advantages of jailbreak.
Fortunately, it is possible to unlock iPhone with iOS version 5 and higher without updating the firmware using the free SemiRestore application.
The SemiRestore utility is installed on a computer (the manufacturer claims support for Linux, OS X and Windows XP (SP3).8.1 operating systems).
In the process of resetting the settings, it deletes all the personal data of the owner of the iPhone without losing the jailbreak.
- Download SemiRestore from the official website and install on your PC.
- Use the USB cable to connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Launch SemiRestore and wait for it to recognize your smartphone.
- If the recognition was correct, click on the “SemiRestore” button in the main window of the utility. This will start the data cleaning process on the iPhone.
During recovery, the iPhone screen can turn on and off several times. This is normal.
After a few minutes, when the smartphone is fully loaded, you will see a clean desktop and initial settings.
However, the Cydia application will not disappear anywhere. By its availability, as well as using it whenever possible, you will make sure that the jailbreak is preserved.
After that, you can set a new password and transfer settings and data from the iTunes backup to iPhone.
Now you know how to unlock iPhone, if you forgot your password, using three free tools.
The instructions were concise, but in fact, resetting and restoring all the settings can take a decent amount of time.
Therefore, when installing long and complex passwords on devices, you should not rely on memory. It is better to write them somewhere and store these entries in a safe place.
How to unlock iPhone without password
How to unlock iPhone (iPhone): 4 easy ways
After reading the material, the impression remains that there is nothing complicated in the process of unlocking the iPhone. Everything is done simply, clearly, no extra actions are required. Yes, of course, there are some nuances with the new models of Apple products, but if you think about it a little, everything becomes clear.
Why do you need to urgently unlock your iPhone using really working methods?
We will not talk about cases when someone else’s phone fell into your hands. In this case, it is still better to return it to the owner. But still atypical situations may arise:
The Face ID function has stopped working (the scanner is broken, does not respond). Yes, the situation is not the most common, but this happens.
The fingerprint scanner has broken, the settings are lost,
You thought while turning the phone in your hands, and spent ten attempts to scan a fingerprint,
You used only the password, but you can’t remember it and the recovery attempts are exhausted,
The phone fell into the hands of a child who entered information incorrectly 10 times, and now the gadget is blocked,
The password was set by the child, playing, and does not remember him.
You bought the gadget from hand and did not check whether it is ready to work with you. In this case, it’s worth not only recovering the password, but first make sure that your gadget is not listed as being hijacked. This can be done by entering the serial number on the Apple website: the device must have Clean status. Although, if this is not so, we generally do not recommend that you pay money for such a dubious purchase.
You bought the device from your hands, and the previous owner did not remove the activation of the device in iCloud.
Top 5 iPhone Unlock Methods
. How to unlock iPhone via iTunes
So, if you have entered the wrong password more than 9 times or used the recognition scanner on the gadget, the smart operating system will turn off the device, block and deactivate it. In order to prevent fraudsters from personal data (for example, passwords from wallets, your personal photos and contacts), all content on the device will be deleted.
And it will end well if you regularly did iPhone backup in iTunes. In this case, in order to reset the phone you will need an authorized computer.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer with a cable, turn on iTunes.
- To force a restart of the phone on the iPhone X, XS and XR, as well as the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, you need to press and quickly release the “turn up the volume” button, then “turn down the volume”. After that, hold down the side button until the recovery mode screen appears. (program icon). On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, simultaneously press the side button and the volume button. On iPhone 6s, press the Home button and the top or side key.
- Select “restore phone” in the window that appears.
- If during synchronization you saved system backups, after downloading the software, the screen will prompt you to use them for recording to the phone. Agree.
- Set up the phone again and use it again.
Recovery using iCloud Remote Service
This method is almost equivalent to the previous one. But you can be far from home and your native computer, in another city or other country. You can unlock your iPhone through iCloud if you previously turned on the “Find your phone” option.
- Access iCloud.com from any device.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Go to the “All devices” section and select the desired gadget.
- Select the line “erase iPhone” (Erase).
All data on the device will be erased, it will be unlocked. Then you can connect the gadget to iTunes at a convenient time and use the backup to restore.
This method only works if the locked phone is connected to WI-FI or mobile Internet. And if you know your ID.
Reset Incorrect Attempt Count
You left the iPhone lying on the coffee table and a curious child grabbed it? Returning from the bathroom, they found that their favorite phone turned into a piece of iron. But you know the password, you just need one more chance! In this case, you can simply reset the counter of incorrect attempts and re-enter the desired combination, or use Face ID on your iPhone X, XS or XR.
You can reset the counter of incorrect attempts to enter the password on the phone on the computer with which the gadget has already been synchronized at least once.
- We connect the phone to the computer with a cable.
- In the “Devices” menu, select “Synchronize with.” Instead of dots. The name of the device.
- Once synchronization starts, stop it by clicking the cross at the top of iTunes. The phone again displays a window for entering a password. Make no mistake this time.
By the way, resetting the password and the attempt counter with a “hard reset” will not work: agree, it would be too easy for attackers.
It will also fail to connect the phone to someone else’s computer: in this case, you must first click on the “trust” button on the phone. But you cannot do this because the screen is locked.
Recovery mode to unlock iPhone if you forget your password
This method can only be used if you know the Apple device ID and password that the device is connected to in the iCloud menu. If you run the risk of restoring a locked iPhone without this information, and it will be activated by using the “find phone” function, the device will turn into a “brick”.
Use the recovery mode if you want to reset the password on a locked iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, XS, XR. This may be necessary if you do not know, do not remember the password, could not pick it up.
- Turn off the phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK, and then Restore iPhone.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the “check” button.
- Then click Restore and Update on the next screen. You will be warned that all data from the gadget will be deleted.
– Choose the version of iOS to install, agree with the license agreement, wait for the firmware to download (for the latest models, the firmware weighs more than 3 GB).
IMPORTANT: error appears on some firmware versions (3004): Failed to restore iPhone. To cope with this, close all browsers and make Internet Explorer the default browser by launching it and agreeing to the offer in the highlighted window.
If you downloaded the firmware in advance (for example, because the computer has slow Internet), then the “restore iPhone” button in iTunes must be pressed with the Shift key held down. Then a window will appear where you can enter the path to the firmware file.
Installing new firmware via DFU mode on iPhone if you forget your password
If soft recovery did not help, then it remains to use a hard reset to install a new firmware. This problem can be solved in DFU mode. To get there on the iPhone 6 and 6s, simultaneously press the Home and Power buttons and hold for 10 seconds.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the procedure is different:
- Connect your phone to iTunes.
- Hold down the volume down and off buttons, hold until the phone turns off. Release only the Power button.
- In DFU mode, the screen should be black, without the iTunes icon.
- On the computer screen, the program will offer to check for updates, after clicking the button “Verify” she will report that the phone is in recovery mode. Click OK and reinstall the firmware (it is better to download it in advance).