How To Unload Photos From Icloud On iPad
Posted by rf-webmaestroPosted on 04/16/2018 Updated 02/08/2019
Smartphone cameras allow you to take photos anywhere and anytime. A constantly growing photo archive requires storage and processing. For this purpose, Apple offers its users the Ice Cloud storage. Photos are automatically sent to the cloud and become available on all devices connected to the same account. As a result, taking a picture from a smartphone, you can edit it on a computer or tablet. How you upload photos from iCloud to iPhone depends on the option you use for the cloud.
For the full use of the “apple” smartphone, its owner gets an Apple ID. Having a single account opens up all the possibilities for the ecosystem created by Cupertino engineers to the user. One of them is the use of cloud storage. Everyone receives a free 5 GB on an ongoing basis. Backups, documents and photos will be stored in this space.
To place photos, My Photo Stream or iCloud Media Library can be used. Let’s consider both possibilities in more detail.
My photo stream
The function “My Photo Stream” appeared on the iPhone for a long time and it can be turned on on a smartphone of any model, starting with 4S. Pictures will be uploaded to the cloud automatically in the coverage area of a trusted Wi-Fi network. At the same time, no more than one thousand photos can be uploaded to the cloud within 30 days. Upon reaching the specified amount, the oldest image should automatically be deleted, making room for a new one, which will be placed at the end of the list.
The main convenience of this method is that the amount of photos sent to iCloud is not counted among the free 5 GB. In other words, 1000 images are stored for a month without taking up precious space. You can remove them to the device at any time.
Icloud Media Library
This feature came with the release of iOS 10.3. Accordingly, it is turned on on devices that support it or are updated to the latest, 11th version of the operating system. Iphone 5 and 6 support the installation of iOS 10, but not all users install it, fearing hypothetical “brakes”. Owners of relatively new models 7 or the last 8 and X can not think about it. Their devices will survive a few more OS updates without any problems.
Footage, as before, will be unloaded without user intervention. The advantage of the music library is the automatic synchronization of changes made on all devices, the ability to save Live Photo and, as well as advanced support for formats. Theoretically, you can upload an unlimited number of photo materials to the library, but they will be taken into account. Consequently, the storage volume will have to be increased to the required size.
Both methods described above require the user to log in to their account first. Without this, it is impossible to synchronize or look at the data stored in the cloud. By logging in with your Apple ID, you can configure both of the above features in one place.
- Open the settings and scroll them to the block of multimedia applications. Select the “Photos” application from the list.
- In the program options, we see items indicated by numbers. The first is designed to activate the library. The second starts the transfer of pictures to the photo stream.
Photos taken on the iPhone, with any use of the cloud, will not go anywhere with it. Using the media library, you can select a setting that allows you to move the original to the store, leaving an optimized copy on the smartphone. The quality of the photo will be reduced only on the mobile device. At the same time, the image size will be 2048×1536 pixels, which allows you to comfortably view it on a PC screen or high-definition TV.
- To transfer images from the cloud to the smartphone’s memory, open the “Photos” application. Switching to the option to display albums, we see a folder with pictures posted on the device (marked with the number “1”), and a cloud storage marked with a two.
- By opening the photo stream folder, select the desired photo. In the lower left corner is the Share icon. Click it to expand the full list of possible actions.
- At the bottom of the screen appears two bars with installed applications and operations. Scrolling through the action menu, we find the icon indicated in the screenshot. With it, the selected image can be taken out of the cloud to download or restore on your smartphone. The top bar with messenger icons makes it possible to drop it to any contact from the phone book. If the available capabilities are not enough for file operations, the item marked with an arrow will open an additional menu.
- Using the horizontal strokes indicated by the arrow, you can sort the allowed actions in the desired sequence according to the frequency of application. After that, you can copy, add to the selected album or transfer the photo to another cloud service with the click of a button.
Despite the fact that iCloud Media Library outperforms Photo Stream in capabilities, Apple gives users the opportunity to choose the archive storage method on their own. The decision depends on the goals that the owner of the iPhone pursues. If 1000 shots per month seems to be enough for you not to pay for the extra volume, use Photostream. When the quality and processing speed of the footage is more important than the symbolic monthly cost, the more advanced storage method will outweigh the balance.
The below allows you to see how the described operations are performed in real time and decide on the best way to use the cloud for you.