How to turn on Wi-Fi on iPhone
Reasons for poor Internet performance on iPhone
Problems connecting to mobile internet on iPhone
iPhone. universal Wi-Fi router
iPhone is versatile, it can do almost everything. This is a mini computer that can handle any task. Many people use it as a replacement for a camera, someone plays games on it, some use it as a player. But sometimes the iPhone cannot cope with the task in the way the user would like. For example, watch a movie, do a job in Word or Excel.
It is better to read voluminous articles or books on a tablet or laptop. But what if you do not have a USB modem or you have forgotten it, the tablet version does not have a SIM card slot, and the Internet is needed urgently. You can’t even imagine that the iPhone will save you in this situation. After all, with the help of an apple device, you can distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi to other devices. This article will show you how to turn your iPhone into a Wi-Fi router.
The first thing to do is make sure you have the optimal data plan. Ideally, the internet should be unlimited so you don’t have to worry about traffic. Second, consider your internet speed. It is best that you are in an LTE coverage area, in the worst case. 3G. Since LTE is fast, you won’t experience any discomfort with speed. 3g, in theory, will provide a pretty good speed, but watching videos in HD or accessing heavy sites will no longer be so comfortable.
Having chosen the operator and tariff plan you need, you can start the procedure for setting up and distributing Wi-Fi via iPhone. For iOS 7/8, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Go to the item “Cellular” (If you have never used an iPhone to distribute Wi-Fi before, you will not have a menu item. “Modem mode” or it will be gray and inactive)
- Move the Cellular Data slider to the right.
- We are waiting for 2-4 minutes.
- After the item “Modem mode” appears (or becomes active) in the main menu, we go into it.
- In the “Wi-Fi password” section, create a strong password.
- Switch the “Modem Mode” slider to the right.
All is ready. To connect any device via Wi-Fi, you only need to select your apple device in the search for connections. Now you can distribute the Internet to any device. The disadvantage of this method is that in this mode, the iPhone consumes more power, so it sits down faster than usual. But you can connect it to the charger and the problem will be solved.
When you have finished using the Internet, to turn off this function, you need:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Next, the item “Cellular”.
- Slider “Cellular data” move to the left.
The function is disabled and the iPhone can be used normally without fear that it will consume too much battery power. And some tips:
- Before sharing Wi-Fi using iPhone, charge it to 100% or charge it during use.
- Check with your carrier about your tariff plan. It is best to choose an unlimited plan so as not to be surprised by large bills at the end of the month.
- Use LTE mode for more comfortable Internet surfing or watching videos.
- Use a strong password so no one else can use your Wi-Fi.
- Turn off Modem Mode immediately upon completion of work.
By following all the instructions, you will save battery power and protect yourself from unnecessary waste. Now, thanks to the iPhone, you can stay up to date with all the latest events in the world and always be in touch with your family, do important and urgent work anywhere.
In iOS 8 (possibly in the 9th a similar situation), the slider for enabling modem mode is hidden by default. To display it, you just need to go to “Settings”. “Cellular”. “Cellular data network” and scrolling through the menu to the item “Modem mode” write: APN. internet, Login. gdata, Password. gdata.
Do not forget to read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later Комментарии и мнения владельцев, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Комментарии и мнения владельцев: 57
strange. but I don’t have any “Wi-Fi distribution on the iPhone”.
Maybe this option depends on the iOS version. From the 7th it works for sure, I checked it personally.
What to do if Wi-Fi is not working on iPhone 4s?
Most often, in the iPhone 4s, the Wi-Fi network does not work due to a defective or non-working Wi-Fi SW SS1830010 chip module (or it is also called a Wi-Fi modem). It looks like this. The module fails sometimes for no reason and, unfortunately, irrevocably.
How to connect iPhone to TV via Wi-Fi?
- Leave the TV on the screen showing the WPA key (password) to be entered into the iPhone.
- Select Wi-Fi in iPhone Settings to enable Wi-Fi function.
- On the iPhone screen, tap Direct-xx-BRAVIA to access the password entry screen.
Why can’t I connect to Wi-Fi?
Sometimes it happens that for some reason it is not possible to connect to the Wi-Fi network of the router. The reasons for this may be: an incorrectly entered password from the wireless network; mismatch of the parameters of the wireless network profile saved in the computer with the one on the router; identical names of broadcast Wi-Fi networks, etc.
What to do if Wi-Fi is not working on iPhone?
- Turn off all third-party programs.
- Restart your phone.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on in settings.
- Reset network settings in mobile.
- Update your Wi-Fi router firmware to the latest version.
- Check if the internet works on other devices.
How to share Wi-Fi password on iPhone?
- Make sure your device (from which the password is sent) is unlocked and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on your device to connect to.
- On your device, tap “Share Password” and then “Done”.
The “Modem mode” icon is gone
Often, users complain that an icon has disappeared from the menu or a line in the settings, where you can activate the function. This often happens when updating iOS. How to fix this problem?
- Go to the “Settings” phone.
- Go to the “Cellular” tab, then click “Cellular data networks”.
- Now open the item “Modem mode”.
- Here you need to specify the APN, username and password that are relevant for your operator. You can find them by contacting support, or look at the official website.
- After you have specified the data, the function line should appear in the “Settings”.
- If this does not happen, you need to restart your phone.
In the future, if the function disappears, then this can be corrected by repeating the algorithm of actions.
After fixing the error, you can consider how to enable Internet sharing on iPhone 4S. The instruction is suitable for all versions of iOS, the only difference is the location of the function in the control panel. Note, depending on the selected distribution method, you may need to activate Wi-Fi. Discover, How to turn it on Wi–Fi on the iPhone you can in a separate article.
Enabling Modem Mode
In order to enable the distribution of the Internet on the iPhone 6 and other models, the first step is to activate the modem mode. To do this, follow the instructions.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Open the “Modem Mode” section.
- Activate the toggle switch “Modem mode”.
Next, let’s look at how to enable Wi-Fi sharing on iPhone in different ways.
The second way is the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi. It does not require a wire and can be used both for distributing the Internet to other gadgets and on a PC.
For distribution, you will need to configure the access point in the same way as indicated in the previous instructions. Next, activate modem mode.
On the device that needs to be connected to the Internet, turn on Wi-Fi, find the network with the name you set, enter the password (if it was set) and use the Internet.
USB modem mode
The first method is only suitable for a laptop or computer, as it requires a USB connection. To share Wi-Fi, you need to connect your PC and phone with a cord, and then set up an access point.
- This is done in the “Settings”.
- Open the corresponding application, click on the “Cellular” tab.
- Next, go to “Data Parameters” and “Cellular Data Network”.
- Scroll down the page and look at “Modem Mode Settings”.
- We check that there is at least some APN. Usually it is issued automatically (depending on the operator). Username and password do not play any role, you can leave these fields blank.
- After these actions, turn on “Cellular Data” and see that the item “Modem Mode” has become active.
- We go into it and set up a password for our access point.
When connecting through a wire, it is not needed, but it is better to put it anyway, you never know the cord will not be at hand, and you will have to connect “over the air”. At the same point, you can find out the name of the point. After that, it remains only to connect the devices via USB and use the Internet.
How to enable Internet Sharing on iPhone?
There are several ways to share Wi-Fi with other devices using iPhone.
What you need to know?
Before you turn on the distribution of the Internet on the iPhone, you need to consider a few nuances.
- Which tariff plan is connected. Internet traffic is often limited and you run the risk of wasting it.
- Which coverage area is being used. The speed of the Internet will depend on this. If 4G (LTE) is working, then there will be no interruptions. There may be more problems with 3G, you can not count on the Internet when connecting Edge.
- Battery charge. When distributing Wi-Fi, the battery is quickly discharged, therefore, without connecting to the network, it is better not to use the phone as a modem for a long time.
How to enable Internet Sharing on iPhone
Now the Internet has become a part of our life, and no one can imagine their existence without it. Many people access using their phone via a SIM card. Sometimes the internet needs to be shared. In iPhones, this opportunity has appeared quite a long time ago, and many people use it almost every day. Therefore, we will consider how to enable Internet distribution on the iPhone.
How to set up WI-FI on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch?
Many of us use our Apple devices to access the Internet via Wi-Fi. And if on the iPhone and iPod it is not so convenient to do this, then on the iPad it is much easier to surf the Internet. However, now we are not talking about the convenience of using this or that device, but about its correct setting.
So, first of all, you need to be in the range of a Wi-Fi signal. You can be at home right next to your router or, say, at McDonalds, where Wi-Fi is known to be free.
Well, let’s go. First, from the desktop of the device, go to the “Settings” menu:
Then select the Wi-Fi item, switch the virtual key to the “On” position. If everything is in order, then you will see on the screen the name of the networks to which you can connect. Select the network you need and click on it:
If this is the first time setting up, then you need to enter a password. The next time you do not need to enter it, it will be automatically saved for this network. By the way, for this reason, you will not be able to “cling” to your neighbor’s Wi-Fi:
There is a blue checkmark next to each network, by clicking which you will go to advanced settings. You can change them yourself, but you only need to do this if you cannot connect to the network. True, we do not recommend changing these settings ourselves, since this is a matter for experienced users.
By the way, it happens that the Internet does not work even with the correct settings. If this happens, try restarting the router, in 99% of cases this method helps (if you are near it, of course).
All of the above settings are suitable for both iPhone and iPod Touch and iPad. As soon as you see an icon in the form of three stripes in the left corner of the screen (see the lower figure), it means that the connection was successful. Good luck surfing!
How to connect to hidden Wi-Fi networks?
It is possible that the required connection is not displayed in the “Wi-Fi” tab. Most likely, the network is hidden. Most users rarely encounter such hotspots, so they don’t know how to connect hidden Wi-Fi on iPhone.
In the already described way, go to the “Wi-Fi” menu, click on the “Other” tab. You can find out the name of the network from its administrator, who will also tell you the type of security. If for some incredible reason it was not possible to find out the type of security, then the most reliable option would be “WPA2” for home networks, “WPA2 Corporate”. for public.
How to connect Wi-Fi on iPhone: complete instructions from the Hamster
IPhone owners often face Wi-Fi connectivity issues. This article explains how to turn on Wi-Fi on iPhone, the most common problems and how to solve them on different models.
How to connect to open networks?
Connecting to Wi-Fi isn’t difficult. To understand how to set up Wi-Fi on iPhone, just go to “Settings” and click on the “Wi-Fi” field.
Select a network from the open list. If required, enter the password, and then click on the blue inscription: “Connect.” at the top right of the screen. If the connection was successful, a checkmark will appear to the left of the network name, and a Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
If you often use a specific network, then there is no need to do all the above steps every time. Scroll down and turn on the “Request to connect” feature. The device will now automatically connect to a known Wi-Fi.
On versions of iOS 10.0 and higher, for example, on iPhone 6, 7, turning on Wi-Fi can be much easier. If the “Request to connect” function is enabled, then just swipe up and click on the antenna icon, this is how it looks:
The most common mistakes and problems
Find out how to solve wireless problems in the following
iPhone 11 How to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth Fully (Turn off auto WiFi on)
- Connection problems on an already connected network;
- The word Wi-Fi in the settings is written in gray and the slider does not move.
There are a number of measures to fix connection problems on Apple phones:
- The most common way to solve the problem and turn on the wireless module on the iPhone is to turn Wi-Fi on / off.
- If this does not help, then you should delete the network and reconnect to it. To do this, click on the “i” button to the right of the Wi-Fi name.
- Then in the open menu, find the field “Forget this network” and click on it. Now the forgotten wireless connection will appear in the list of available.
- The third option is to reboot the router (disable and enable). Sometimes a factory reset is needed. Usually the “Reset” button is responsible for this.
- You can also reset your network settings. In this case, all Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth users, VPN and APN settings will be forgotten. This requires:
- go to “Basic” in the settings,
- in the menu that opens, select “Reset network settings”,
If the connection is not restored, the problem is probably in the malfunction of parts or overlays in the work of the Internet provider, which you cannot fix.
To establish a Wi-Fi connection on an iPhone, if the word “Wi-Fi” is grayed out and the slider does not move, you need to:
- Make a hard reboot of the system. It differs from the usual one in that it resets the temporary data, due to which the wireless module can work. To perform the procedure, you must simultaneously hold down the “Home” (central) button and the lock button. Here’s what you need to hold down on the example of the iPhone 5 / 5s / SE:
- The second option will be to reset the network settings, the method has already been described earlier.
- You can also upgrade your operating system. This decision is especially true for users of the sixth iPhone model. This is due to the fact that the new sixes for some reason often have an old version of iOS initially. To update the operating system, you must:
- go to “Basic”,
- in the page that opens, a search for updates will begin, and when one is found, click on the inscription that appears: “Request an update”.
At the time of writing, the newest version is iOS 12.2.
- Owners of the iPhone 4s and 5 are the least fortunate, since the new iOS has not been supported on them for more than three years. But there is one more solution. So, to turn on Wi-Fi on iPhone 4s or 5, gently warm up the part of the phone just above the “apple” with a hairdryer for 30-50 seconds.
And even though in the video below the author heats up for 7-8 minutes, do not repeat this! The user manual says that prolonged heat treatment can lead to an explosion:
Wi-Fi troubleshooting on iPad works the same way as on iPhone. That’s all. If you have any questions, feel free to write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев! Until!
How to repair a gadget after disassembling it
If smartphone functions work poorly or did not recover at all, disassemble the device using special tools and try to determine what the problem is.
To disassemble Apple smartphones, two screwdrivers are usually enough (a regular Phillips screwdriver and a specialized one for smartphones). Having prepared the tools, follow these steps in stages:
- unscrew the fasteners and remove the front cover of the iPhone
- find the Wi-Fi module (1 x 1 cm square, covered with a thin film)
- gently peel off the protective cover using tweezers
- slowly, at an angle of 90 degrees, start heating the module with a hairdryer, gently directing hot air to the board
- evenly drive the hairdryer around the perimeter of the Wi-Fi module
- after heating the board, press it to the contacts, fix the square with a small piece of cardboard
- wait for the components to cool completely and turn on the iPhone
After such actions, usually Wi-Fi begins to function stably, however, there were situations in which the owners of smartphones discovered additional malfunctions.
Such a nuisance can happen with any iPhone model, therefore, if Wi-Fi does not work, and you do not know what exactly the problem is (in a software failure, in a module, power and volume buttons, or other hardware elements), you doubt the successful completion of an independent repair, use the services of qualified specialists.
Signs of Wi-Fi Problems
It’s easy enough to understand that there are problems with Wi-Fi. If Wi-Fi is not functioning very quickly, the problem may not be with your smartphone, but with your router. Therefore, first check if the router settings are correct.
The following symptoms indicate a Wi-Fi problem:
- the device does not catch the network
- smartphone does not connect to hotspot
- Wi-Fi icon is gray
- Wi-Fi freezes after a short period of time
- the button of the mobile Internet, Wi-Fi connection does not turn on
- Internet is not working well (low speed)
- lost network settings
Of course, Apple equipment undergoes rigorous production testing, but some users notice that even the new iPhone does not catch Wi-Fi. Fixing a software glitch is much easier than fixing a hardware problem with Wi-Fi not working on an iPhone. In any case, the troubleshooting method depends on the type and complexity of the breakdown.
The main causes of the malfunction
If you surf the Internet a lot, the quality of the wireless network reception is very important. Therefore, when Wi-Fi stops working on the iPhone (does not catch the network, freezes or works with poor speed), it can become a very annoying problem. You can try to restore the device yourself or use the help of experienced specialists.
There are reasons why Wi-Fi may stop working on iPhone:
- hardware failure
- software glitch
- accidental factory reset
- mechanical damage to the device
- ingress of moisture inside the smartphone
Software failure and flashed network settings can be easily fixed by yourself.
WI-FI does not work on iPhone
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
If Wi-Fi is not working on your iPhone, do not rush to take your device to a service center. First, try to fix the problem yourself. As soon as there is a problem with the wireless network connection, reboot the device and reset the settings. There are also other ways to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi problem, which depend on the cause of the problem.
What to do if Wi-Fi does not turn on due to hardware failure
The hardware failure is not related to OS firmware or malware. This problem is quite unpleasant. Improperly performed repairs can affect not only Wi-Fi performance, but also other functions of the iPhone.
On the Internet, you can find the following methods for self-recovery of the Wi-Fi hardware:
- Warm up the switched on iPhone with a hairdryer at the maximum power level. if a warning about an extremely high temperature level appears on the smartphone screen, immediately stop heating and reboot the device
- if Wi-Fi still doesn’t work, try putting iPhone in the refrigerator for no more than 15 minutes, then restart your smartphone
These methods are quite simple, but they are not always suitable, so if you are not sure of the correctness of the actions, it is better not to do anything until you disassemble the device.
What to do if Wi-Fi does not turn on due to software glitch
It happens that Wi-Fi freezes and functions poorly due to system errors. A software failure after updating the operating system is often the cause. However, there are other software reasons due to which Wi-Fi does not work very quickly or does not turn on at all.
Wi-Fi Greyed Out On iPhone? Here’s The Fix.
If iPhone stops functioning properly, Wi-Fi isn’t working properly or won’t turn on at all, a button won’t turn on, an icon is grayed out, or you see other signs of a problem, try the following:
- reboot the router
- if restarting the router did not help, make a forced “reboot” of the mobile device
- if Wi-Fi is not working or freezes, please update your operating system
- install antivirus, the iPhone may be infected
- try to connect mobile internet
If the steps did not help, and the Wi-Fi in the Apple mobile phone did not work, the problem is most likely in the hardware. The reasons for such breakdowns are quite diverse, ranging from the breakage of contacts with the motherboard and the failure of the power button loop, and ending with the breakdown of the module.
Professional recovery for iPhone with wireless networks
Using the Yuda website, you can quickly find an iPhone service provider near you. An experienced technician will immediately arrive at the specified address to diagnose the device, determine the cause of the malfunction and repair the Wi-Fi.
It is profitable to order the services of certified specialists registered on the Yudu website for many reasons:
- no time wasted on a trip to the service center
- works are performed in your presence
- only high-quality components and spare parts are used for iPhone repair
- the master brings with him all the necessary equipment and tools
- the specialist provides a guarantee for the work performed
If Wi-Fi does not work on the iPhone, you should not risk expensive equipment, order repairs from trusted masters on the YouDo website.
Time to reboot your router
So, one more reason why your iPhone stopped connecting to the router. The problem of accessing Wi-Fi from your iPhone can be solved in general with one click of the router button. Reboot it, unplug it and plug it back on. But what if? Each device can have its own errors in operation, and the router is no exception! True, if other devices are successfully connected to the same router, then the problem is unlikely to be in it.
Copying and restoring data
If you don’t want to waste your precious data, then if your iPhone 4s or 5s breaks down, it’s worth backing up your files. For this, there are special services iCloud and iTunes. So, it remains only to see how this is done, and how quickly and easily all copies of the data can be created. If you use the iCloud service, then everything is quite simple, just backups are created in automatic mode, this is also suitable for all iOS devices.
- the first thing to do is turn on backup;
- go to the settings of your device, then go to iCloud, find the “Storage and Copies” section and go there;
So, what should you do if you still lost your data and want to get it out of iCloud? Let’s say you purchased a new iPhone and want to copy data from the old one to it. First, complete all the requirements for the initial system setup of your iPhone. When you are offered one of three options, among which there will be “Recover from iCloud copy”, you should choose this option. From the list of all copies, select the one you created, it will be visible by its name. There are some details to consider when using iTunes:
- if your iPhone has the latest version of iOS and you backed up your data, then on a new device, you will not be able to restore it if a version earlier than this one is installed there;
- the first thing that needs to be clarified is the version of iTunes on your computer, it should be more recent;
- then you need to connect your computer and the iPhone itself. Go to the “File” section, from there to “Devices”, then just click the “Create a backup copy” button.
Backups are created even when you are using synchronization between your computer and your device. In order to finally make sure of this, you need to go to iTunes on your computer, and go to the “Devices” tab. And there you will already see the name of your device, and the date and time of the backup will be indicated there.
To recover data from iTunes, you only need to connect your iOS device to the computer where the backup is stored. Again, you need to check the version of iTunes installed on your computer. Go to “File, from there to the” Devices “section and click” Restore from backup “. That’s all!
There are solutions
There are solutions in any situation! And here is a step-by-step instruction:
- make sure you are currently in a Wi-Fi hotspot. Ask your local cafe waiter if Wi-Fi works;
- go to the device in the Settings section, from there. Wi-Fi. Disable the Wi-Fi service and then reconnect it. If this did not help you and the wi-fi settings are still grayed out, then follow the instructions further;
- Next, you need to find out if your home Wi-Fi router shows signs that you have access to the Internet. All lights should be on. If not all the lights are on, then you should start configuring the router, or, if you don’t understand this or are not at home, contact your provider (first case) or the Network administrator (second case);
- try restarting your iPhone 4s or 5s;
- then, you need to go to the device settings, go to the Wi-Fi section. then find the required network to which you are currently connected;
If you cannot find a network, you should try the following actions:
- It is worth checking again that there is a network among all those available for your device. To do this, go to the settings and find the Wi-Fi item there. If the network does not appear immediately, then you should wait a while;
- get closer to the router that distributes Wi-Fi, it is possible that the signal is simply not picked up by the device;
- You can also reset the network settings, instructions are attached below.
Problems connecting to Wi-Fi in iPhone 5s and 4s
Many users of branded phones such as iPhone 4s and 5s have encountered problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks at least once. In this article we will try to deal with them and help you in this difficult situation.
Entering the router settings
If you need to configure a Wi-Fi router, which can be a solution to the problem, then you should first go to its settings through the web interface. Of course, the list of all kinds of routers is very large and we will not describe how to enter the settings of each one here. We will describe only a general instruction for all routers:
- first, open the browser page and enter one of the IP addresses (it can be 192.168.1.1 or another);
- then you need to enter a login with a password to enter directly into the web interface.
That’s all. you are in the router settings. Usually there is a Wi-Fi or Wireless section on the left. This is where the network settings are made, including the access password (key). You can find the settings for each of the routers separately in another article on our website.
TP-Link, by the way, has created a special Tether program for this. Working with the web interface for many users may seem to be a very difficult process, but when working through a special Tether application for all iOS devices and Android, setting up a router will not be particularly difficult, since it is simplified.
How to renew your wireless lease
Wi-Fi flies on iPhone 7
There are many reasons why Wi-Fi does not work in iPhone 7. They are most often caused by software problems and glitches. You can deal with them in the same way as on other models of Apple smartphones:
- Reboot device. This often solves problems that accumulate during the operation of the operating system.
- Refuse to connect. To do this, you need to “forget” the network and reconnect to it. The phone will think that the connection is new and there is a possibility of solving the problem.
- Disable system services. Disabling the system’s network service and then re-enabling it often helps. To do this, go to “Settings”. “Privacy”. “Geolocation Services”. “System Services”. You need to disable and re-enable the component, and then check the network.
- Reset. An effective way to reset your phone’s network settings. It was described in the previous section. If this does not help, then you should perform a full reset (as a last resort).
- Change DNS settings. Before Hard Reset, you can try to change the standard DNS to public addresses from Google or Yandex.
Why iPhone Disconnects from Wi-Fi When Locked
As already mentioned, signal loss can also occur when the phone is locked, it goes into sleep mode or standby mode. This is done in order to maximize the preservation of the battery charge if a person does not use the device. In such cases, the system independently degrades network reception or completely disconnects the phone from it.
The problem may be in the router itself. This was also said, but not in such detail. Many network routers have a feature to disable links that are rarely used or not used at all. It works like this: the user goes about his business, leaving the phone in standby mode or locking it. The router “sees” that the channel has not been used for a long time and disconnects the client, distributing the channel speed for other connected devices.
It is very easy to control this. You can use another router or use a free wireless network outside. If the situation repeats itself, then most likely the reason lies in the phone. It is quite simple to remove the router setting, which spontaneously disconnects the client. To do this, just go to the web configurator and find the section using the wireless network and the distribution of communication channels.
Often it is software malfunctions that prevent the phone from communicating normally with Wi-Fi.
How to turn off automatic Wi-Fi on on iPhone
You can partially disable the search functions for Wi-Fi networks and devices for pairing via Bluetooth as follows:
- Unlock phone.
- Go to settings via the menu.
- Find the Wi-Fi section.
- Put the module in an inactive state (its icon will turn gray).
Important! Similarly, you can disable the Bluetooth module. Enabling options is carried out in the same way as disabling. the slider moves to the active position.
Restoring network settings can help
Why Wi-Fi is falling off on iPhone 4s and 5s
If the problems with disconnecting Wai-Fai in new phones are more likely an accident or a conflict of network applications, then older models like iPhone 4, 4 s or 5 may disconnect from the network due to breakdowns and incompatibilities.
This is explained by the fact that the phones are morally old and cannot support all emerging communication standards. In addition, their operating systems, which are no longer updated by developers, can experience crashes, sometimes becoming critical. In most cases, the following actions help:
- Reboot the device. You must press and hold the Home and Power buttons until the restart begins. It will help to reset some errors and fix problems caused by OS crashes.
- Reset network settings. Nobody cleans old phones from garbage, including various network parameters, passwords and addresses. Because of them, failures often occur, which are solved by resetting the network configurations. To do this, go to the “Settings” item, find “Basic” there and scroll down to the “Reset” line. It knocks out “Reset network settings”.
- Backup and recovery. Constant backups can be annoying, but sometimes it’s the only way to get your iPhone back to normal. You need to create a backup of the OS via iTunes or iCloud and recover from it, and then try the words connect to a wireless network.
Important! When doing a reset, you need to be very careful: if you accidentally tap the wrong place, you can reset all phone data, including documents, notes, photos and valuable contacts.
Why Wi-Fi turns off on iPhone. loses signal by itself
The person who buys the flagship smartphone that is the hit of the current sales wants it to work without any complaints. Unfortunately, day-to-day phone breakdowns are common. They can be caused by hardware problems or conflicts between user-installed and standard programs. This also applies to Apple phones, which often do not connect to the wireless network or are constantly disconnected from it. This article explains in detail why Wi-Fi is turned off on the iPhone, what to do with it and how to configure the gadget to receive a wireless network.
Why on iPhone Wi-Fi turns on by itself
And so it was conceived. In newer versions of iOS, you cannot completely turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. If the phone is connected to a wireless network or to another device via Bluetooth, then breaking the connection will not help to completely turn off the modules.
The functions will go into standby mode and connect to it automatically when an available or known network is found. It turns out that there is nothing wrong with that. Officially, this was done to ensure that the geolocation functions of AirPlay, AirDrop, and so on are not disrupted.
The gadget may even heat up due to the malfunctioning of the wi-fi module.
Why is Wi-Fi not working on iPhone 6
Most often, the inability to receive a wireless Internet signal on the iPhone 6 and 6 plus is based on a technical (hardware) malfunction. The signal adapter could be damaged if the phone was hit hard against a hard surface or if it got wet. In the first case, the contacts of the module could be disconnected, and in the second, they could oxidize due to the negative effect of water.
Important! If the signal is poorly received or the phone does not see available wireless networks at all, then the matter may be in the breakdown of the antenna in the module. Most often, you also need to contact the service center for high-quality repairs.
If iPhone 6 doesn’t pick up Wi-Fi well, it may need to be repaired