How To Turn Off Wi-Fi On An Iphone
Situation 3: iPhone connected, but no Mac
TASK: An iPhone is connected to a wireless network. You do not know the password, but there is a need to connect additional devices, and, therefore, you need to find out that very coveted combination of numbers and letters for a wireless Wi-Fi network.
SOLUTION: Apple announced the keychain with the release of the mobile operating system iOS 7 back in 2013. In iOS 7, you could view all information about passwords (including passwords for Wi-Fi networks) directly from your iPhone or iPad by going to the corresponding menu item. But the company decided to complicate the task a little and by opening the Settings. Safari. Passwords item, you can find passwords exclusively for web pages and accounts of the web services used.
Attention! The administration of the resource does not bear any responsibility for the safety of data and the operability of the device that has passed the jailbreak procedure. Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk.
In the standard set of repositories there is a tweak called WiFiPasswords. Install.
We restart Springboard, then open the installed utility and immediately get access to passwords from all Wi-Fi networks ever used.
Situation 2. Iphone connected, there is a Mac and you need to connect a third-party device
TASK: Another scenario for the development of the scenario looks like this: your iPhone has already connected to a specific wireless network, you have your Mac with a configured Keychain at hand, and you need to find out the Wi-Fi password for the third device.
SOLUTION: As mentioned above, by setting up a Keychain, you get access to all the passwords you use from the devices included in the Keychain. Signing in to accounts on sites from a Mac can later come in handy to automatically fill in passwords from an iPhone using the same Apple ID.
Open Utilities and launch the Keychain Access app.
You will be presented with an impressive list of strings, numbers and dates. All this is your passwords from accounts, app accounts and other secret information.
Go to the iCloud tab. Once you tap on the heading of the “Type” list, you will sort the displayed lines by type.
Scroll down to find the AirPort Network Password data type. These lines contain passwords from Wi-Fi networks to which your iPhone or Mac has ever connected.
After selecting the required network name, right-click on it and open Properties
In the window that opens, put the checkbox (tick) next to Show password. The system will require you to enter the full administrator name and corresponding password. Please note that the name will have to be entered FULLY and only manually.
After verification, the system will show the current password for the Wi-Fi network you are interested in.
Instructions How to find out Wi-Fi password if iPhone is already connected to the network
It is not always possible to delve into the web interface of the router. An iPhone or Mac will come to the rescue, provided that one of the devices has already been connected to this network. We offer three options for solving a common problem.
Situation 1. Iphone connected, you need to connect your Mac
CHALLENGE: Connect your Mac to the wireless network that iPhone previously connected to.
SOLUTION: All the user needs to worry about is setting up the Keychain. You will find detailed instructions on how to configure this function in the corresponding material.
Keychain (iCloud Keychain) keeps up-to-date usernames, account passwords, card details and information about previously connected wireless networks.
If your smartphone has already connected to this wireless network, then the Mac running under the same Apple account as the iPhone will automatically receive the password from the keychain.
Note: To sync passwords in Keychain Access, your laptop must first be connected to the network to download new data. This can be done by distributing the Internet from a smartphone (by turning on the Modem Mode), or by connecting it to a Mac (the Internet on the smartphone must work).
We strongly recommend that you always set a password for locking and verification using Touch ID. Otherwise, if the smartphone is lost, its “new owner” will easily get full access to all accounts, logins, passwords and cards that you used.
If a terrible thing still happened and at the moment when you lost your smartphone, a password was not set on it, try to open the keychain on Mac as soon as possible (Utilities. Keychain) and delete all information from the iCloud tab.
Then change the password for iCloud Pairing from Settings. Icloud. Keychain. Options. Change Security Code.
Solving the problem of auto-enable Wi-Fi on other Apple devices
When working with other devices, you can use the shutdown method by changing the settings.
Although iOS 11 does not provide for shutdown via CC, the iPad has the following operating mode:
- First you need to turn on the operating mode for airplane flights.
- Now activate the work of wai fay.
Now, if you select the specified mode, you can completely turn off WiFi by clicking on the corresponding circle in the “Control Panel”.
Instructions on how to turn off Wi-Fi on the iPhone of different systems completely
Disabling in the considered versions of the operating system can be carried out using the settings of the smartphone. How to turn off Wi-Fi on an iPhone will be discussed later.
Operation Using the Wi-Fi Assist Function
Starting with version 9 of iOS, users of this operating system have been offered the opportunity to use WiFi assistance in situations where the wireless signal level becomes negligible, and as a result, they switch to another available Network with a higher quality connection. This can happen even when the user is still at home and the night is going on.
This is done so that the user does not interrupt his Internet browsing on the iPhone at a random moment. For example, when moving around the city and moving away from access points, there will be automatic switching to other.
Although this function is sometimes convenient, its use has its downsides:
- Constantly connecting to new wireless networks leads to increased traffic. If it is limited, overspending is not profitable for the user.
- Regular connection leads to more active discharge of the smartphone.
- In some cases, applications can be designed to connect to a specific network. After a shutdown occurs, they will stop working.
This situation may arise if the smartphone, for example, has corporate applications that use only a specific access point.
Why and how Wi-Fi is automatically turned on on iPhone
The “Control Center” provides the ability to disable. However, in this case, auto-on will occur if one of the following conditions is met:
- As soon as it is 5 a.M. Local time, WiFi will turn off until tomorrow on iPhone.
- If the gadget’s geolocation changes.
- If you enable it in the “Control Center”.
- Wifi can be activated in the “Settings” section.
- If you restart the device.
Here’s another reason why iPhone turns on WiFi automatically.
This increases the power consumption of the device. Not all users are happy with this. Some people prefer to decide for themselves when to disable or enable the wireless network.
In addition, automatically connecting a smartphone to any available network can lead to receiving advertisements from many sources.
Sometimes Wi-Fi on the iPhone is automatically turned on, and a connection to the Network occurs, which arouses suspicion for any reason. It is advisable in such cases to avoid connection, limiting ourselves to working with reliable access points to the Network.
In order to enable or disable Wi-Fi, it is no longer enough to do this using the “Control Center” (CC). In previous versions, it was enough to swipe from the bottom edge of the screen in order to access it. Now this disconnection is only temporary.
This innovation was introduced by Apple experts. One of the reasons why this was done is that without the presence of the Internet and wireless communication, most of the applications installed on the gadget will cease to function. Companies that make smartphones are interested in the fact that the connection cannot be removed, and the devices are connected to the Network for a longer time.
In this version of the operating system, changes have been made to the procedure for disabling WiFi. The keys that previously disabled the module now work differently. Now, this only interrupts the current connection, but the wireless connection does not turn off. In this case, the iPhone sometimes turns on WiFi itself. In this regard, an inexperienced user may have the impression that the Wi-Fi cannot be turned off.
In order to completely disable WiFi, you need to follow these steps:
- You need to enter the settings section.
- Now select the line related to WiFi options.
- Need to change the position of the switch.
After completing this procedure, the launch of the wifi will be completely disabled.
Three options can take place here:
- There is an active connection at the moment. In this case, the circle with the wifa icon will be blue.
- In the event of a disconnection, the designation will receive a gray color. In this case, WiFi is not disabled, but there is no active connection right now.
- If a complete shutdown occurs through the “Settings”, the color of the circle will be gray, and the corresponding icon will be crossed out.
Complete shutdown occurs in the third of these options. Considering how you can deactivate the automatic activation of WiFi on the iPhone, you need to take into account that when deactivation is carried out through the “Settings”, the disconnected connection can only be turned on if you correct them manually.
IOS version 12
How to disable automatic activation of WiFi on iPhone in version 12 of the operating system? You can do it this way:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Choose wifi.
- Move switch to inactive position.
Apple believes this issue is related to software malfunction. It is planned to release an update of the operating system, which has the number 12.1.3, where it may be presented a solution to the problem in question.
Although the user sometimes needs to turn off the wireless connection completely, the phone should not do this by itself. If this happens, the following actions can help:
- The problem may be caused by a malfunctioning router. In this case, it is recommended to reboot it. After resuming work, problems with wifa will disappear.
- The router is using the wrong firmware. In this case, updating to the latest version will help.
- Restarting your smartphone may help.
- When the password is entered correctly, but a diagnosis is issued about its erroneous input, it makes sense to disconnect the connection, and then reconnect to the wifi.
How to turn off mobile internet through iPhone settings?
The procedure for disconnecting the Internet on the iPhone is slightly different depending on which version of iOS is on the mobile device. On a gadget with iOS 7 and higher, deactivation occurs as follows:
Step 1. In the “Settings” find the section “Cellular” and go to it.
Step 2. In the “Cellular” section, sequentially move the “Cellular data” and “Enable 3G” sliders to the inactive position.
In the same settings section, you can block access to the Internet for individual applications installed on the iPhone. Scroll to the bottom and you will find the Cellular Data for Software block.
After analyzing the statistics, you can conclude which applications are the main consumers of traffic and prevent them from going online. In our example, you can see that the built-in navigation program “Maps” “ate” much more megabytes than others. If you are not using a navigator, it is wise to disconnect it from the Internet. To do this, just move the slider opposite the “Maps” item to the inactive position.
Another useful iPhone option is “Data Roaming”.
Thanks to this option, the user can avoid the impressive costs of Internet traffic abroad. If the slider is deactivated, the gadget will stop accessing the network as soon as it is in international roaming.
On iPhones with “operating systems” version below 7.0, you can find the “Cellular data” and “Enable 3G” toggle switches by following the path “Settings”. “Basic”. “Cellular data”.
How to turn off internet on iPhone?
Turning off the Internet on your iPhone will help save not only traffic, but also battery power. Every user of “apple” gadgets should be familiar with this procedure. Especially since it is extremely simple and performed in a couple of steps.
Although communication providers position their Internet tariffs as unlimited, service users still have to face restrictions. In particular, with traffic limitation. Subscribers are offered a certain amount of traffic. After it is used up, the connection speed drops so much that it becomes impossible to use the Internet.
It is in order to save traffic that it is recommended to turn off the Internet on the iPhone when the gadget is idle. This article will tell you how to do this.
How to turn off Wi-Fi on iPhone?
If you need to turn off not the mobile Internet, but the Wi-Fi connection, you can do it in 2 ways. The first method is as follows: you need to find the “Wi-Fi” section in the “Settings”, go into it and deactivate the “Wi-Fi” slider.
The second method is even simpler: you should call the “Control Center” with a swipe from the bottom up and click on the icon with the familiar Wi-Fi symbol. The icon will darken. This will mean that the Wi-Fi connection is terminated.
How to turn off the Internet on an iPhone through a mobile operator?
You can turn off the Internet on the iPhone not only through the settings of the mobile device, but also through the operator. over, at any tariff. Even one that involves prepayment.
When contacting the operator, you need to ask to remove the non-unlimited Internet service. Removing this service will lead to the fact that the traffic will be paid by kilobytes. And this will “cost a pretty penny.” It is necessary to remove the option that provides access to the network. This option is included in the starter package and has a discreet name. As a rule, “GPRS”. USSD combinations for removing such, starting services are little known. It is easier to disable GPRS by contacting the provider’s hotline or consultants at the salon.
Mobile operators offer special services that partially restrict Internet access. So that small users can only visit useful sites. Megafon calls this service “Children’s Package”, MTS calls it “Children’s Internet”. Beeline subscribers can filter Internet content on their children’s phones using the Parental Control option.
A user who saves traffic by periodically turning off cellular data on the iPhone runs the risk of missing an important and urgent notification from any messenger or social network. Therefore, it is better to spend time and make more flexible customization of the mobile device, limiting access to the Internet to those applications that are needed “on big holidays”. Then it will turn out to “shoot two birds with one stone”. To save traffic, while staying in touch.
How to connect Wi-Fi on iPhone: complete instructions from the Hamster
Iphone owners often face Wi-Fi connectivity issues. This article describes how to enable Wi-Fi on iPhone, the most common problems and how to solve them on different models.
How to connect to hidden Wi-Fi networks?
It is possible that the required connection is not displayed in the “Wi-Fi” tab. Most likely, the network is hidden. Most users rarely come across such access points, so they don’t know how to connect a hidden Wi-Fi on an iPhone.
In the already described way, go to the “Wi-Fi” menu, click on the “Other.” tab. You can find out the name of the network from its administrator, who will also tell you the type of security. If for some incredible reason it was not possible to find out the type of security, then the most reliable option would be “WPA2” for home networks, “WPA2 Corporate”. For public.
How to connect to open networks?
Connecting to Wi-Fi is easy. To understand how to set up Wi-Fi on an iPhone, just go to “Settings” and click on the “Wi-Fi” field.
Select a network from the open list. If required, enter the password, then click on the blue inscription: “Connect.” at the top right of the screen. If the connection was successful, a check mark will appear to the left of the network name, and a Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
On versions of iOS 10.0 and higher, for example, on iPhone 6, 7, turning on Wi-Fi can be much easier. If the “Request to connect” function is enabled, then just swipe up and click on the antenna icon, this is how it looks:
The most common mistakes and problems
Here’s how to solve wireless problems:
- Connection problems on an already connected network;
- The word Wi-Fi in the settings is written in gray and the slider does not move.
There are a number of measures to fix connection problems on Apple phones:
- The most common way to solve the problem and turn on the wireless module on the iPhone is to turn Wi-Fi on / off.
- If this does not help, then you should delete the network and reconnect to it. To do this, click on the “i” button to the right of the Wi-Fi name.
- Then in the open menu, find the field “Forget this network” and click on it. Now the forgotten wireless connection will appear in the list of available.
- The third option is to reboot the router (disable and enable). Sometimes a factory reset is needed. Usually the “Reset” button is responsible for this.
- You can also reset network settings. In this case, all Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth users, VPN and APN settings will be forgotten. This requires:
- Go to “Basic” in the settings,
- Click on the “Reset” tab,
- In the menu that opens, select “Reset network settings”,
- Confirm action.
To establish a connection with Wi-Fi on an iPhone, if the word “Wi-Fi” is written in gray and the slider does not move, you need:
- Make a hard reboot of the system. It differs from the usual one in that it resets temporary data, due to which the wireless module can work. To perform the procedure, you must simultaneously hold down the “Home” (central) button and the lock button. Here’s what you need to hold down on the example of the iPhone 5 / 5s / SE:
- The second option will be to reset the network settings, the method has already been described earlier.
- You can also upgrade your operating system. This decision is especially important for users of the sixth iPhone model. This is due to the fact that the new sixes for some reason often have an old version of iOS initially. To update the operating system, you must:
- Go to “Basic”,
- Click on “Software update”,
- In the page that opens, a search for updates will begin, and when one is found, click on the inscription that appears: “Request an update”.
- Owners of the iPhone 4s and 5 are the least fortunate, since the new iOS has not been supported on them for more than three years. But there is one more solution. So, to turn on Wi-Fi on an iPhone 4s or 5, gently warm up the part of the phone just above the “apple” with a hairdryer for 30-50 seconds.
And even though below the author heats up for 7-8 minutes, do not repeat this! The user manual says that prolonged heat treatment can lead to an explosion:
Troubleshooting Wi-Fi on iPad is solved in the same way as on iPhone. That’s all. If you have any questions, feel free to write in the comments! Until!
Iphone 5 and 5S
The tenth version of iOS is the last for the 5th iPhone, for the 5s version the twelfth is the last supported. The connection to Wi-Fi on both versions is the same according to the following scheme:
- First you need to press the “Home” button. This will open the main screen.
- Next, you need to go to the “Settings” item.
- In the menu that opens, find the item “Wi-Fi”, click it. This will bring up the wireless settings menu.
- If the Wi-Fi connection is turned off, the switch will be white and labeled “Off”. Then you need to move the switch to the active position (“On” or “On”), after which it will turn blue.
- Next, the phone will offer “Choose a Network” from the list of available Wi-Fi networks. They will be arranged according to the signal strength (the higher the name, the better the signal). A padlock sign means the WiFi is password protected.
- To connect to a specific network, you must click on its name. If it is not protected, the connection will occur automatically without asking the user for a security key.
- When connected to a secure network, the “Enter Password” window will appear. You will need to enter the Wi-Fi security key there.
- At the end of the configuration, you must click “Join” (“Connect”)
Iphone 4 and 4S
For these devices, the latest version of iOS is 7 and 9, respectively. In terms of connecting to Wi-Fi, they are the same.
How to connect Wi-Fi on the fourth iPhone? To do this, you need to run any program that requires access to the Internet. Next, the phone will automatically display a menu with available networks and a proposal to connect via Wi-Fi. After that, in the list, you need to select the name of the Wi-Fi set on the home router, enter the password, click “Join”.
In the case of connecting to a public or public network, pre-authorization may be required (the browser will automatically redirect to a page where you will need to enter a phone number and send a code from SMS). You may need to manually register an IP address, specific DNS or configure a proxy on the iPhone, but this is extremely rare.
Connecting iPhone to different types of Wi-Fi networks via a router
Consider connecting to different types of Network.
How to automatically connect to Wi-Fi on iPhone
Everything is simple here. At the very first connection to the Wi-Fi, the iPhone will require you to enter the security key. If the connection is successful, the device will save the password automatically and you will not need to enter the data again. The iPhone will establish a connection every time it enters the range of the saved network.
Connecting iPhone to the Hidden Network
Since the hidden Networks are not displayed in the list of available networks, the user may not understand how to turn on WiFi on the iPhone in such a situation. But in order to establish a WiFi connection, it is enough to find out the exact name (SSID) of Wi-Fi and follow these steps:
- Open “Settings” (“Settings”), then click “Wi-Fi”.
- If the Wi-Fi module is off, turn the switch to the active position.
- Find the word “Other” under the list of available networks, click on it.
- In the menu that appears, you need to enter the exact name of the wireless Network (in the “Name” or “Name” field), then click on the word “None” (“Not selected”) in the “Security” field.
- A list of different security types (WPA, WPA2, and so on) will open. You must select the type that is registered in the settings of the router that distributes the hidden Wi-Fi. Then. Return to the previous point, for this you need to click “Other Network”, or “Other network”).
- Enter the security key in the “Security” field.
- Click “Join”.
- Immediately after that, a blue checkmark will appear next to the name of the connected WiFi. The Wi-Fi icon will appear in the status bar in the upper left corner of the display.
Enabling Wi-Fi on a locked iPhone
Sometimes the question may arise how to turn on the Internet on a locked iPhone. The situations may be different. For example, on iOS 10, when the screen is locked, the Wi-Fi connection icon may disappear. In this case, there is nothing to worry about, since the smartphone is actually connected to the Wireless Network and exchanges data with it in the background, so it will not block WiFi. If you need to receive notifications, you can correct the situation by setting the energy saving parameters.
It may happen that the iPhone is blocked due to an incorrect password, and the device contains data that urgently needs to be transferred via the Internet. In this case, you can restore access to the device data using “iTunes”, “Aykloud” or using the recovery mode.
Unlocking via iTunes:
- Connect the iPhone to iTunes, click “Create a copy now” (if there is no backup).
- Press the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Then click “Recover from copy”. After that, the iPhone itself will ask for a password, and then it can be used as usual.
Unlock via iCloud:
- Go to the site iCloud.com, enter “Apple ID”.
- Select “Find an iPhone”, go to “All devices”, select the one that you want to unlock.
- Click “Erase iPhone” (then the smartphone will go through the recovery process).
- Install a backup on the device, enter a new password.
Through recovery mode
- Connect the phone to iTunes, enter the device into recovery mode (hold down the power and Home buttons, hold until the iTunes logo appears on the screen).
- Click on the “Restore” button in the menu that appears on the computer monitor.
- When the recovery is over, download the backup, set the password again.
Disable adapter via device manager
A wireless module is the same device as a card, Bluetooth or sound card. Any of these modules can be disabled in Device Manager. To do this, let’s launch the service we need. This can be done in different ways:
- Through the properties of my computer (system).
- Through system management.
- Using the “Run” service and so on.
We will do it in the easiest and fastest way. Press two keys WindowsR simultaneously. In the window that appears, write the following command: mmc devmgmt.Msc and press “OK” or “Enter”.
Now we just have to find the “Network adapters” folder. Open it and find our WiFi module.
Typically, notebooks use motherboards from one of two manufacturers:
There are other manufacturers, but, as a rule, motherboards from these companies are installed on the vast majority of laptops. In any case, the name will contain the “802.11” technology standard. We found the required module and click on it with the right mouse button. In the menu that appears, select “Disable”.
A warning window will appear. We agree with him and click “Yes” or “Ok”.
Everything, after that, the Wi-Fi device will be completely turned off and de-energized. Now you can enable it only in the same way. Register on the pin-up casino website, a verified online gambling establishment with an official Curasao license. Pin Up Casino uses only branded slots from the most popular manufacturers in its collection. Click on it with the right mouse button and select “Engage”.
The procedure for disabling Wi-Fi on a computer and laptop
Wifi wireless technology is a very convenient tool for accessing the Internet. But the wireless module, like any other device, requires power to work, which reduces the laptop’s operating time without recharging (from battery). Because of this, the question arises of how to turn off on a laptop to reduce power consumption.
Physical disconnection on the keyboard
If you take a close look at your keyboard, you will find the Fn key. This key allows you to activate additional functions of the laptop keyboard and, accordingly, use them. The upper row of keys, the name of which begins with the letter “F”, combines the very additional features. Each of them has a corresponding icon drawn. For example, on the key for turning Wi-Fi on or off, an antenna with outgoing radio signals is drawn (sometimes a computer is drawn with radio waves on the sides).
If you press Fn and the key that is responsible for the wireless modules at the same time, then Wi-Fi will turn on. If you press these keys again, the adapters are disabled. This is the first way to disable WiFi. Remember that, as a rule, Bluetooth will be disabled along with Wi-Fi, since in the vast majority of cases these two technologies are combined under one key.
Disconnecting communication in the Network Operations Center
First, click on the network icon in the system tray (desktop area in the lower right corner near the clock and date) with the right mouse button. We select the item “Network Control Center.”.
In the window that opens, go to the section “Changing adapter parameters”. We find here the shortcut of the wireless network. Click on it with the right mouse button and select “Disable”.
Remember that the device will not turn off completely. Only the wireless connectivity will be disabled. You can only use it back in the same way. However, on the keyboard and in the device manager, you will not be able to activate it. As you can see, everything is very simple. Now let’s look at how to disconnect the device from the WiFi network.
For example, you are connected to a wireless router, but want to disconnect from it without disconnecting the module. To do this, click on the corresponding icon in the system tray with the left mouse button.
Information about the current connection and a list of available connections will appear. Our task is to find a connection opposite which there is an inscription “Connected”. Click on it LMB and click “Disable”.
If you just want to switch to another network, then you just need to find it from the proposed list and click with the left mouse button. Put a tick in the line “Connect automatically” and then click on “Connect”.
As you can see, everything is very simple. The main thing is not to rush and be careful. Now you know all the methods on how to control the wireless connection on a laptop. But remember that all these ways are not interconnected.
You can also use the command line to manage Wi-Fi networks and devices. Everything is simple here. To start the command line, you just need to simultaneously press the WindowsR keys, write CMD in the window that appears and click “Ok”.
Here is a set of commands and functions:
- For a list of available interfaces, use the following command: netsh wlan show interface. Thus, we find out the name of all available Wi-Fi interfaces (modules).
- To find out the list of available connections, write the following command: netsh wlan show networks. In the proposed list, you can find out the name of this or that connection.
- Connection to Wi-Fi network: netsh wlan connect name = NetworkName. For example, in my case, the command looks like this: netsh wlan connect name = Asshole. Asshole is the name of my router.
- To disconnect, write the following: netsh wlan disconnect.
It’s pretty simple. However, only experienced users use this control method, since it is quite difficult to remember all the commands. But, if for some reason you cannot use other methods of disconnecting the device from the wireless network, you can register the netsh wlan disconnect command and press “Enter” and your laptop will disconnect from the router.
How to turn off WI-FI on a laptop. Disconnecting the wireless adapter
It should be noted right away that there are several ways to disable the Wi-Fi module on a laptop:
- Using a combination of keys on the laptop keyboard (Fn button for turning on wireless modules).
- In the equipment manager.
- In the network center.
Each of these methods does not replace each other. That is, for example, if you disabled the adapter on the keyboard, then you will no longer be able to enable it in the device manager. At the same time, the connection in the network control center may remain active, although in fact there will be no connection, and the module itself will be disabled. The bottom line is that you can turn on Wi-Fi only in the same way as you turned it off before. So how to turn off wireless on a laptop?