How To Turn Off iPhone 11 If It Freezes
Iphone is frozen and won’t restart
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback only from interested professionals
- Do not waste time communicating with intermediaries
The situation when the iPhone freezes and does not restart is familiar to many smartphone owners. Software errors occur when applications do not work correctly and conflicts between programs. As a result, the phone starts to hang spontaneously, glitch, the power-on function disappears, it is inoperative.
Usually, when the device freezes, the iOS versions do not turn off or reboot. Most often, older iPhone models (4,5) hang. Modern iPhones of the sixth and seventh models begin to fail much less often.
Causes of spontaneous device shutdown
If the iPhone freezes and won’t restart, it was due to some reason. Most often, problems with Apple equipment arise due to the following reasons:
- Due to mechanical damage
- Software errors, configuration failures
- Contact with liquids
- Factory marriage
Under the influence of such negative factors, the iPhone may not turn on, freeze, glitch, it may not have the function of turning off the device, the Device, Home, Power buttons may not work. In this case, you need to carry out a hard reboot to turn off the phone.
There are several ways to restart your iPhone, depending on how disrupted normal operation is. Signs of a freezing device with an apple logo include:
- Iphone does not work for more than 1 minute
- I can’t turn on the device
- Pressing the (Device, Home, Power) button gives no results
- The device cannot be turned off
As practice shows, most software errors can be eliminated on their own, only some of them require professional intervention.
Self-service recovery methods for iOS devices
As a rule, if the iPhone starts to freeze and glitch, the owners try to restart the smartphone. But the standard reboot method (pressing the Lock / Power button) does not always give results. Iphone does not perform functions or commands when frozen, no matter how long the button is held.
In this case, you need to apply a hard reset. This reboot method allows you to turn on your device even if your phone is experiencing system errors. To get the phone out of the frozen state, you need to SIMultaneously press the Home button and the Power button. Hold the buttons until the Apple logo appears on the iPhone screen. A hard restart puts the smartphone into recovery mode and it should automatically turn on.
There is another way to hard reboot. In order to restart the iPhone and put it into normal operation, you must SIMultaneously press the Lock button and the Power button. Wait for the iPhone to turn off. After turning off, you should pause for a few minutes and press the Power button. By pressing this button, you will see the Apple logo, which will indicate that the hard reset worked and your phone started up normally.
It should be noted that the Home button and Power button in the iOS version are responsible for more than just starting recovery mode. With their help, you can take a screenshot of the screen. But you need to hold the Home key and the shutdown button for no longer than 1 second, otherwise the iPhone will restart. If after pressing the button, the smartphone does not start to respond and turn on, you need to contact a specialist.
Benefits of qualified assistance
If you have tried all the restart methods (pressing the Power button and the Home key) and the iPhone has failed to turn on, contact a professional. Experienced specialists will fix software errors on smartphones of the iOS version, correct settings and return a fully working iPhone to you.
For a quick and high-quality iPhone repair, contact Yuda specialists who have extensive experience and the necessary equipment for repair.
Yuda performers will help you restore your phone to working condition when:
- Boot mode does not start
- The button does not want to turn on
- Charging does not respond
- I can’t turn on the Power, Home keys
- Apple logo not visible
If the iPhone freezes and does not restart, order the services of experienced craftsmen registered with Yuda, and they will perform phone restoration in a short time.
Hard reboot device
Iphone users can observe a complete freeze of the gadget, when neither pressing the buttons nor touching the screen gives a result. How to restart iPhone if the screen is frozen and not working:
- On iPhone 4/5/6/7, you need to hold down two buttons at once. Home and Power.
- Some smartphone models respond to a different key combination. Power and the volume down button.
- Hold them for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the keys and wait for the “apple” on the screen.
- If the logo does not appear, repeat all the steps again, hold the keys for 20-30 seconds.
- To turn on the gadget, you need to hold the power button for a long time.
This method forcibly shuts down the device, so some files may be lost. You should resort to hard reboot only if there are no other options.
Reset network settings
- To turn off the device in a few seconds, you need to go to “Settings”.
- In the “General” select the function of resetting network settings.
- Then enter the lock password and restart the phone.
Restart iPhone if the screen doesn’t work, possibly without erasing all information from it. To do this, a soft restart of the device is performed:
- Hold down the Home and Power buttons.
- Hold the buttons for 5-6 seconds until the display turns off.
- Without waiting for the Apple logo to appear on the screen, release the button.
- Include following the standard method.
Restart iPhone to Standard Mode
The standard way to restart iPhone if the screen doesn’t work:
- Press and hold the Power button in the upper part of the case for 2-3 seconds.
- The display will show “Switch off”.
- Swipe from left to right in the direction of the pointer.
- If everything is done correctly, the device will turn off.
- To return it to working condition, you must again hold down the Power button.
This method is safe for all files and applications downloaded to the phone.
- Go to “Settings”, “General”, then to “Accessibility”.
- Activate the “Bold” button.
- Next, the phone will offer to reboot, it must be done.
Non-standard ways to reboot the device
There are other, more original methods to restart the iPhone:
How to turn off iPhone if it is frozen and screen is not working
The article discusses in detail the options for answering the question of how to turn off the iPhone if it freezes. The described reboot methods are suitable for any smartphone model and version.
Sometimes Apple gadgets turn off spontaneously. This often happens with outdated models or in severe frost. The phone does not respond when the buttons are held down and the screen remains black.
A frightened user often asks how to turn off the iPhone if it freezes. Below is a list of effective ways to get your smartphone out of a frozen state.
Shutting down iPhone without buttons
There is a way to restart iPhone if the screen is not working without using a keyboard shortcut. To do this, you need to connect the Assistive Touch function:
- Find in the “Settings” tab “General”, “Accessibility”.
- Make a function active.
Reboot without buttons:
- Click on the display within the function.
- A menu will appear on the desktop, you must select the “Lock Screen” icon.
- The device will turn off after pressing the standard key combination.
- Turn on the gadget.
Reboot if one of the buttons fails
- Download the “Activator” application.
- Launch app on home screen.
- Click “Anyway”.
- Select a gesture with which you can later reboot the device.
The article provides instructions: what to do if the iPhone is frozen and does not work. They are suitable for any version and model of the device.
If the screen is dark or unresponsive
If the device screen is dark or unresponsive, a forced restart may be required. This procedure does not erase the contents of the device. You can force the device to restart even if the screen is dark or does not respond to button presses. Follow the steps below.
- On iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press the power button and hold until the device restarts.
- Iphone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- On iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the Top (or Side) and Volume Down buttons until the Apple logo appears.
- Ipad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold the Home and Top (or Side) buttons until the Apple logo appears.
Reset network settings
- To quickly disconnect the phone, go to “Settings”, then to the “General” tab.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the list. Click on “Reset”.
- In the window that opens, select “Reset network settings”.
- In the next step, the iPhone will prompt you for a password (if your device is protected) and reboot.
Alternative Ways to Restart iPhone X
In addition, there are some alternative ways to restart iPhone X. You can use them if the above options for some reason do not suit you.
For example, you can turn off your iPhone X through settings. To do this, SIMply open the Settings app and scroll down to the bottom of the options. There you will see a “Power off” button that can be used to turn off the device.
You can also turn off iPhone 10 using AssistiveTouch. To do this, go to the settings, open the section “General. Accessibility” and turn on the “AssistiveTouch” function.
After that, a floating button will appear on the screen of your iPhone X, which can be used to perform some operations. In order to turn off the device, you need to click on this button and select the “Device” section.
Then you need to press the “Screen lock” button and hold it down until the shutdown button appears on the screen.
You can also start a reboot by changing some settings. For example, if you go to the “Basic. Universal Access” section of the settings and enable the “Bold” function there, a warning about the device restart will appear on the screen. Click “OK” and the iPhone has rebooted.
Another option is to reset your network settings. If you go to “General. Reset” and use the “Reset network settings” option and activate the “Reset network settings” function, the iPhone will restart automatically.
As a last resort, you can reboot iPhone X by draining its battery to zero and putting it on charge. After a little charge it will turn on automatically.
The technique itself reboots
If the apple device reboots itself (sometimes it can “give out” a white or red display), and it does it without stopping, then you can try a Hard Reset in accordance with the model of the device. If this does not help, then most likely there was a failure in the operating system, so an urgent smartphone recovery is required via iTunes.
How to turn off iPhone if it is frozen: how to restart if the screen does not work. What to do if restarting doesn’t work
If your iPhone 8 won’t turn on or respond to charging, you need to try a different restart method:
- Press and hold the Home and Side buttons at the same time.
- Wait for the phone to turn off.
- After a couple of minutes, press and hold the side button.
- Wait until the logo appears.
If the device turns on but freezes during the boot process
If you see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen during startup, follow these steps.
- Connect your device to your computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a Windows computer, open iTunes.
- Find your device on your computer.
- With your device connected, follow the instructions below.
- On iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Press and hold the top button until the device starts to reboot. Keep holding the top button until the device enters recovery mode.
- Iphone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Iphone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the Top (or Side) and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Ipad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold the Home button and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until the recovery mode screen appears.
The software for the device will be downloaded. If it takes more than 15 minutes, the device will exit recovery mode and have to repeat steps 2 and 3.
SE, 5s and older
If the iPhone SE, 5s or earlier model is working normally, then reboot as follows:
- Click on the “Power” button located in the upper right corner of the gadget;
- Hold it for a few seconds;
- Turn off the phone using the touch switch that appears.
If the phone is frozen and does not respond, then you need to force restart the device with two keys.
- Hold down the “Home” and “Power” buttons SIMultaneously for about 7-8 seconds;
- After that we wait for the logo to appear and if suddenly the screen remains dark, then press “Power” until the device turns on.
How to turn off iPhone 5
The iPhone 5 and 5S were considered the most stable models and were popular for a long time. They work great, almost match the latest phones.
Iphone 7 and later
On iPhones that were released after the iPhone 7, the Home button was made touch-sensitive. If the iOS operating system is frozen, then pressing the sensor will not work. A different emergency reboot method was made for them:
- Press the power button and volume down button at the same time. Do not release and hold for about 6 seconds.
- Iphone will restart. The Apple logo appears. Then it will boot as usual.
This method allows you to force restart your iPhone or iPad when a software failure occurs. We advise you to use this procedure in case of emergency, and if you can get by with the remaining 2 methods, use them. Leave this one as a last resort.
How to restart iPhone from any state?
At least once, but every owner of an iPhone or any other iOS device faced software glitches when the device stops responding to touching the screen and pressing mechanical control buttons (Home and Power). What to do if iPhone freezes and refuses to obey elementary commands? In today’s instructions, we will introduce you, dear readers, with 3 ways to restart your iPhone from any state.
How to Restart iPhone to Normal Mode?
- Press and hold the iPhone shutdown button (aka “Power”) until the large “Shutdown” and “Cancel” buttons appear;
- Touch the iPhone screen on the left side of the red slide to power off button and, without lifting your finger from the screen surface, slide the button to its right border. This gesture is called “Swipe” (from the English. Swipe. Hold without tearing). Iphone will start to shutdown.
- Wait until the screen of the device completely goes out and shortly press the “Power” button. The Apple logo will appear on the display and the iPhone will boot normally.
Turn off iPhone using Assistive Touch
As part of this manual, we will get acquainted with the method of turning off an iOS device without using the “Power” button using the Assistive Touch function.
- “Tap” on the Assistive Touch menu icon;
- In the menu of this function, “tap” on the “Apparatus” icon, and then a long “tap” (touch the screen of the device and do not lift your finger) on “Screen lock” wait for the “Turn off” and “Cancel” buttons to appear;
- And then everything is like when you turn off the iPhone in normal mode, make a “swipe right” on the “Turn off” button. The device will start to turn off;
- How can you then turn it on if the off button is not working properly? Just connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable and it will turn on normally.
Activating Assistive Touch
- Go to Settings, General, Accessibility;
- Scroll to the bottom of the accessibility settings page and in the “Interaction” section select “Assistive Touch”;
- In the next settings window, move the activation slider opposite “Assistive Touch” to the “Enabled” position (colored green). A semi-transparent button appears on the iPhone screen.
- Touch the iPhone touch screen within this button (this gesture is called “Tap”). A window with available Assistive Touch options will appear on the screen.
All iPhones before iPhone 7
For iPhone 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus, 5, 5S, 5C, SE, 4S and all previously released, you need to press the Home and Power buttons:
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds (approximately). The iPhone display will go blank completely.
- Release both buttons. If after that the Apple logo does not appear on the screen, briefly press the power button. Iphone will start downloading normally.
How to turn off iPhone 11
Holding down the power button on the iPhone X and newer devices, which is common in previous models, does not bring up the shutdown menu. Instead, the Siri voice assistant will be activated.
If you turn off Siri or turn off activation by pressing the side button, then a long press on it will not work at all. You need to turn off your iPhone in one of the following ways:
Shutdown via settings
The shutdown button for this case has long been hidden in the bowels of the system.
Go to Settings. General and at the very bottom of the page we see the Disable button. After pressing, the usual slider appears, one swipe and the smartphone turns off.
When it helps: when you need to turn off your smartphone for a while so that it does not lose battery power.
Switching off via the emergency call menu
Holding down the power button and any of the volume keys on iPhone with Face ID brings up the emergency call menu. So you can call the rescue service without unlocking your smartphone, look at the owner’s medical record and, of course, restart your iPhone.
When it helps: when to turn off iPhone even without entering an unlock password or face scan.
How to restart or shutdown iPhone 11, X and Xs. All ways
After buying a new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro, many users are wondering how to turn off or restart this smartphone. This information will be especially relevant for those who purchase an Apple smartphone for the first time or switch from an iPhone 8 or older devices.
The methods for rebooting and shutting down these models are slightly different.
# 128205; thanks re: Store for helpful information. # 128076;
How to restart iPhone 11
There are three ways to reboot:
Switching off and on
Just hold down any volume button paired with the side button on the opposite side of the smartphone until the shutdown slider appears, move the slider and wait for the iPhone to turn off. After disconnecting, press the power button to re-enable.
When it helps: this method is useful if the iPhone starts to glitch, some application does not start, or Bluetooth headphones are not connected. The first and most effective remedy for such failures is to turn off and then turn on the smartphone.
Such a reset also helps to get rid of all kinds of glitches and problems with the iPhone. It can be performed both on a working smartphone and when it freezes.
If the gadget does not respond or you just want to quickly restart your smartphone: press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then hold down the side button and do not release until the iPhone restarts.
When it helps: This is the only way that helps when iPhone freezes. You can use it to combat glitches and system crashes.
Dedicated reboot button
Using the AssistiveTouch menu, you can create a virtual button to restart your smartphone.
Go to Settings. Accessibility. Touch. Assistivetouch and activate the main switch. Now add the Restart button to the menu.
You can add it to the top-level menu, set restart for a long press or double tap.
When it helps: this feature is convenient to use if you want to operate your smartphone with one hand. Add volume control buttons, shutdown buttons and others to this menu, after that you can perform manipulations without pressing physical keys.
What to do if iPhone is frozen
Freezing is a problem that any computer hardware faces. At some point, one of the programs begins to behave incorrectly or conflicts with another program, and as a result, the entire device is inoperative. This situation is called freezing.
Iphone is also prone to this issue and may freeze from time to time. Usually, when the iPhone freezes, it refuses to turn off or restart, which baffles the user. Most often old models freeze, such as iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s and 6. But sometimes even iPhone 6s and 7 users face freezes.
If you find yourself in such a situation, then this material should help you, here you will learn what to do if your iPhone is frozen.
Iphone frozen and won’t turn off or restart
Usually, if the iPhone freezes, users try to turn it off or restart using the standard procedure, namely by long pressing the Power / Lock button. Unfortunately, in most cases when the iPhone freezes, this shutdown method does not work. Iphone keeps running and running frozen apps no matter how long the user presses the power button.
But, the iPhone has an alternative shutdown method that bypasses the iOS operating system. Thanks to this, this shutdown method works even on tightly frozen devices. The method consists in SIMultaneously pressing the “Home” button and the Power / Lock button.
Home and Power Buttons
The Home and Power buttons must be pressed SIMultaneously and held until the frozen iPhone turns off. After turning off, you need to wait a few seconds and make a short single press on the power button. After that, the iPhone will turn on and start working normally.
It should be noted that the key combination “Home Power on” is also responsible for taking a screenshot. But, to get a screenshot on these keys, you need to press literally for 1 second, if you hold the keys longer, then the anti-freeze protection will work and the iPhone will reboot.
If you have an iPhone X or newer, then you need to use the new reboot method.
Iphone freezes when turned on
Pressing the Power Home buttons at the same time allows you to turn the device off and on in any situation. However, this procedure does not guarantee that the iPhone will not freeze again during the startup process.
If your iPhone freezes before the device is fully loaded, then you can use the recovery mode called “Recovery Mode”. With it, you can restore your iPhone to its original state and bring it back to life. But, it should be borne in mind that this procedure is equivalent to a reset to factory settings and leads to the deletion of all user data.
In order to enter Recovery Mode on iPhone and perform recovery, you need to do the following:
- Turn off your iPhone and wait a couple of minutes for all programs to finish their work. If the iPhone does not turn off in the standard way, then you can resort to the combination “Turn on Home” described above.
- Then you need to press the “Home” button and without releasing it, connect the iPhone to the computer via the Lightning cable.
- Once connected, keep holding the Home button until the iTunes logo and cable image appears on the iPhone.
- Now you need to release the Home button and start iTunes on your computer.
- In the iTunes program, go to the iPhone settings and click on the “Restore iPhone” button.
Restore iPhone button
Thus, you can solve the problem with iPhone freezing during startup, but, as already mentioned, for this you will need to donate all user files. You can read more about Recovery Mode in our article on resetting iPad to factory settings.
Also on Apple devices there is a so-called DFU mode or Device Firmware Update. If recovery mode does not help, then you can try to enter iPhone into DFU mode and try recovery again.
What to do if the iPhone 11 does not turn on, the apple is on and off?
Smartphones have firmly entered the life of a modern person, we spend the whole day, periodically or for a long time looking at the screen of our iPhone. All information is loaded into the phone and is continuously used by us. Images, audio and video recordings, contacts, text and voice messages, documents. All this is “securely” stored in our iPhone, with which we are inseparable. But if one system failure occurs, and all data is inaccessible, and even at risk of loss. What to do and where to run if the iPhone does not turn on, the screen lights up “apple”, and then it turns off? In this article, we will look at the main reasons for the iPhone freezing on the Apple logo during boot, so that later you can avoid repeating this situation, and also offer top 3 ways to get out of it.
Update or Restore iPhone 11 via iTunes.
Using this method may delete data on your phone, so back up your iPhone if possible. If this is not possible at the moment, after restoring the phone, you can use only the last created backup, new files will be irretrievably lost. Before starting work, make sure that you have the latest version of the program installed. To update or restore iPhone using iTunes, follow the steps below.
Start iTunes on your computer. Connect USB cable to PC, but don’t connect iPhone itself yet.
Put your iPhone into recovery mode. The methods will vary slightly depending on the model. Let’s consider each of them.
Iphone 8 or later: Hold down the side button and one of the volume buttons and wait for the Power off slider to appear on the screen. Move the slider to turn off your phone. While holding down the side button, connect your iPhone to the pre-connected USB cable. Do not release the side button until the recovery mode screen lights up.
Iphone 7 and 7 Plus: Hold down the side / top button of the device and wait until the Power off slider appears. Move the slider to turn off your phone. While holding down the volume down button, connect the iPhone to the pre-connected USB cable. Do not release the volume down button until the recovery mode screen lights up.
Iphone 6s or earlier: Hold down the Side / Top button and wait until the Power Off slider appears. Move the slider to turn off your phone. While holding down the Home button, connect your iPhone to the pre-connected USB cable. Do not release the Home button until the recovery mode screen lights up.
After successfully putting iPhone into recovery mode, wait until the device displays a prompt to restore or update iPhone. Select the Update option to reinstall the operating system and save your phone data. If this option did not work, repeat the previous steps, and then select the “Restore” option. In this case, the files and settings will be erased, and the iPhone itself after restarting will need to be restored from a previously created backup or set up as a new one.
If the above methods failed to help, and you do not know what to do if the iPhone does not turn on, but the “apple” hangs, then we offer you the easiest and most effective way to solve this problem.
Why iPhone 11 Won’t Turn On Apple Burns?
First, let’s analyze the possible reasons why the iPhone 11 does not turn on, and the “apple” is on the screen.
If the iPhone does not turn on, and at the same time the “apple” is lit on the screen and goes out, then, perhaps, the reason lies in the lack of battery power. To check this version, connect your phone to the charger and after a while try to turn on the iPhone again.
There is a power problem
If during the connection of the device to the charger there was a power outage, a power surge, then this can cause device errors and cause the iPhone to freeze on the “apple”.
Damaged power button
Sometimes during an “unauthorized” disassembly of the iPhone (by yourself, and not in a service center), some parts break down, in particular, the phone’s power button. Then the user may notice that the iPhone restarts on the “apple” or the “apple” is lit on the iPhone, but it does not turn on. In this case, it is better to contact the service center for diagnostics and replacement of the part.
In this case, the device may still work, but over time, the apple logo will appear on the screen more often, and will soon freeze on it, finally losing its functionality.
There is not enough free space on the phone
During the installation of updates on the iPhone, there may not be enough space available, then the restart cannot be carried out and the phone freezes at the logo.
If the reason is still not in the battery, and mechanical damage has nothing to do with it, you can try to solve this problem yourself. Undoubtedly, you can immediately contact the Apple service center in your city to repair your phone. However, this will most likely delete all of your iPhone’s data, so be sure to back up all files in your device beforehand. If you decide to fix the problem on your own. By choosing one of the methods outlined in this article, you can save both time and money, and also keep your device data safe and sound. So, there are several main ways to solve the problem “iPhone 11 is frozen on the” apple “.
General way to solve iphone 11 stuck on apple
Next, we will consider each of these methods individually, so that you can choose the one that suits you.
Hard (forced) reboot of the device.
The first thing to try whenever your iPhone crashes is to reboot your phone. If there is no way to restart the iPhone in the standard way, then you should use the special keyboard shortcuts of the device to force the phone to restart. The methods for hard resetting iPhone differ slightly depending on the model. Let’s consider each of them.
- To restart iPhone 11, X, XS, XR, 8, and 8 Plus:
Quickly press and release the volume up button.
Repeat this procedure for the volume down button.
Hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the phone screen.
To restart iPhone 7:
Press the side button and volume down button at the same time.
Hold the buttons until the Apple logo appears on the phone screen.
To restart iPhone 6s and 6:
Press the side button and the Home button at the same time.
Hold the buttons until the Apple logo appears on the phone screen.
To reset iPhone SE, 5s and earlier:
Press the top button and the Home button at the same time.
Hold the buttons until the Apple logo appears on the phone screen.
If restarting the device did not help, the “apple” is still on on the iPhone, and it does not turn on, you can try to update the operating system of the device or restore it to factory settings using iTunes, which is available to every user of “apple” products.
What to do if iPhone is stuck on Apple logo
Tenorshare’s ReiBoot is a dedicated application designed to fix any operating system error or glitch on iOS devices. The unique advantage of the program is the minimum effort from the user: you just need to make a couple of clicks of the computer and the seemingly insoluble problem will already be eliminated from your iPhone.
So, let’s look at the very few clicks that you need to make in this program. First of all, download the program from the official Tenorshare website and install it on your computer. Next follow these steps.
Step 1 Run the utility on your PC. Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable and unlock it.
Step 2 In the program window, select the “Enter recovery mode” option. Wait until the iTunes icon appears on the screen of your iPhone.
Step 3 After that, in the program window, click on the option “Exit recovery mode” that has become available. After that, your iPhone will be restarted normally and is available for use.
As you can see, the instruction is extremely SIMple and does not require any special knowledge or special efforts. At the same time, the result cannot but please. 100% return of iPhone functionality in a matter of minutes. However, in addition to this function, the program has a number of other features that may interest you and encourage you to have this utility in your “desktop” programs.
- The program supports all iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod, including recently released models such as iPhone 11.
- The utility is compatible with all versions of iOS, on a computer it works with both Windows and Mac.
- Can be used to fix a wide variety of iOS system crashes and errors: over 50 different system bugs in total.
- A unique feature of the utility is the ability to fix the device’s system without losing the data stored on it. An indispensable feature in a situation where it is impossible to make a backup.
- In addition to updating the system, the program allows the reverse operation. Downgrade system, just as quickly and efficiently.
- The program can also help in case of problems with tvOS.
- User-friendly interface, ease of use, tips accompanying the user in the process make the use of the utility pleasant and comfortable.
- The availability of the program installation in Russian expands the circle of potential users.
Update 2020-05-21 / Update for iPhone 11
How to Force Restart iPhone with Home Button
Older iPhones are still equipped with a Home button. These are all devices from the first iPhone to the iPhone X. The most popular ones are: iPhone SE, iPhone 5 / 5s, iPhone 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus.
- If you have a sixth iPhone or an older model, to restart, you need to hold the Home button and the Power key for about 10 seconds until the apple icon disappears from the screen. Also it shouldn’t blink.
- If you have an iPhone 7 or older, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until the white manufacturer logo disappears.
During the restart, the phone will restore all disturbed processes and start up normally. Remember that after this you will need to enter the password from your Apple ID account.
How to Hard Reset iPhone without Button
New iPhones don’t have a Home button. Namely. On the iPhone X, iPhone XS / XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11/11 Pro / 11 Pro Max. But even for them, you can perform a forced restart if the iPhone does not turn on, and the apple is on.
The process is a little more complicated than for older models.
- Press the volume up button and release it.
- Then press the volume down button.
- Hold the power button and hold it until the screen goes blank (the Apple logo disappears) and the device starts to reboot.
Hard restart when iPhone won’t turn on and apple is on
Turn it off and on again. This method helps in most cases, not only with broken iPhones, but also with PCs, routers and mobile gadgets. The process for starting Hard Reset depends on your iPhone model.
Recovery through DFU mode
In case your iPhone does not turn on, the apple burns and goes out when you reboot, there is a special firmware update mode, also known as DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode. When it is a forced rollback of the system, error diagnosis and emergency device update.
If the reboot and recovery option did not help you, then DFU will become a kind of “plan B”. We still do not recommend starting with it. Try Hard Reset and Recovery first, and if nothing works, proceed to recovery via DFU.
DFU mode works mostly on older iPhones. Here’s how to turn it on.
- Connect iPhone to PC using iTunes.
- Press the Power and Home buttons at the same time, as in a reboot, and hold them for ten seconds.
- Release the Power key, but hold Home until a message appears in iTunes about entering the smartphone into DFU mode.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset iPhone.
Unlike the Recovery mode, the DFU works with the screen off, on which no icons are displayed. All data will be deleted from the iPhone during the firmware update: you will have to re-enter your Apple ID and adjust the iOS settings. To avoid losing important files when you reset your device, save them in advance to another medium or in the Apple cloud. We wrote more about backup in a separate article.
What to do if iPhone is frozen on apple
After updating or rebooting, it may happen that the iPhone freezes on the apple and does not turn on. How to solve this problem and start the smartphone again, read our article.
The long-awaited iOS 13 update was released recently. We talked about its main features in a separate article. Sometimes an upgrade carries not only cool features, but also a bunch of bugs. Sometimes installing an update leads to the fact that the smartphone freezes at the boot screen and does not want to turn on. Also, this problem may occur after restarting the device. Sometimes iPhone freezes when connected to PC or unsuccessful Jailbreak. What is it, read here.
Less commonly, the problem occurs due to the hardware. Usually after an unsuccessful or self-repair. To prevent such a sad outcome, we advise you to use only the advice of Apple Authorized Service Centers.
Fortunately, in many cases, everything is easy to fix on your own without contacting the service. We will show you a few proven ways to help revive the iPhone, which turns on and off before the apple.
Using Recovery Mode if iPhone won’t turn on
In order not to lose information on the iPhone, you can try using the recovery mode, aka Recovery. This method is most effective if the problem occurs after a failed system update. The smartphone will reinstall iOS without erasing your personal data.
- Connect iPhone to Computer Using Lightning Wire.
- If you have an iPhone 7 or older, press the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. If the older iPhone is the Home and Power key.
- Wait for the notification that the smartphone is in recovery mode and follow the advice on the PC screen.
If the tips above didn’t work for you, it might be a hardware issue. Recently repaired your iPhone with a questionable service? Or maybe they tried to replace something inside the device themselves, and after the repair there were extra parts left?
If you bought a gadget recently, you can contact Apple support and take advantage of the warranty. If the device is more than a year old, you should find a reliable service center and show the device to specialists. Read more about iPhone repair. On the manufacturer’s official page.
http://smartphonus.com/%D1%87%D1%82%D0%BE-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%8C-%D0%B5 % D1% 81% D0% BB% D0% B8-iphone-% D0% B7% D0% B0% D0% B2% D0% B8% D1% 81 /