How to Transfer Viber Correspondence to Another Phone
When buying a new smartphone, the question often arises: how to transfer Viber to another phone, keeping the correspondence? Users want to save not only messages, but also received photos,s. Consider what is needed for synchronization and how to save the entire message history when reinstalling the messenger on a new device.
How to transfer Viber to a new smartphone
Keeping correspondence is not difficult. This can be done using the built-in functionality or using third-party applications.
The backup option works on devices with Android and iOS operating systems. To work, you need an Internet connection.
Important. Use the latest version of the messenger to get access to all the options. The update is automatic and does not require additional configuration.
On Android devices
You can transfer the message history on the Android phone using the built-in “Backup” option.
How to save a story:
- Open the messenger and go to settings.
- Go to your account, click on the line “Backup”.
- Sign in to your Google Account if required.
- To create a copy, click on the appropriate line.
- The application will save the history of all messages and upload copies of the images to the server.
Important. In Viber, you can configure automatic backups. To do this, change the option “Back up” to “Daily”, “Weekly” or “Monthly”.
You can restore a copy at any time. The method is suitable for transferring stored data from Android to Android.
On iOS devices
The backup option is suitable for transferring data to a new iOS phone. Saving is done in cloud storage. To start copying, you will have to enter your iCloud personal profile.
How to transfer Viber to another phone with iOS operating system:
- Open the messenger and go to settings.
- In the account settings, click on the backup option.
- Click on the line “Create Now” to start copying data.
In the settings you can set the time to automatically create a copy. Automatic data recording is not activated, then a copy will not be saved.
An internet connection is required to record data. Using backup, you can transfer Viber from iPhone to iPhone in a few minutes.
Important. The copied information stored in the iCloud cloud is not protected by an encryption system. If attackers crack the account, they will be able to read all downloaded messages.
Using third-party applications
You can transfer Viber to a new device using third-party applications. One popular is Titanium BackUp. The application archives data and can restore it at any time.
To copy messages and media files:
- Launch the application and click on the “Backups” button.
- Find Viber and click on the save button.
- Install Titanium BackUp and Viber on your new smartphone.
- Copy files from the Titanium BackUp folder from the old phone to the new one.
- Launch the application on a new device.
- Press the “Menu” button, select the option to restore backups.
- Find Viber and click on the Restore button.
Important. The application works only on devices that have root access. This method is suitable only for advanced users. You can transfer correspondence and media files using the Viber settings.
How to transfer Viber to another computer
What if I need to transfer Viber to a new computer? You do not need to record copies or back up to do this. The computer version is automatically synchronized with the mobile.
How to transfer Viber to another computer:
- Launch a new PC or laptop.
- Install the new version of the messenger on it.
- Scan the code that appears on the screen using your mobile phone’s camera.
- If the camera on the smartphone does not turn on automatically, then click on the scanner icon.
- Point the smartphone camera at the computer screen and scan the code.
- A window will appear asking for synchronization. Confirm the action.
To start synchronization, open Viber on your phone and confirm the action again.
Important. Copying will take several minutes. You cannot transfer messages from a computer to a phone. The mobile version is the main one and the computer copies all the information from it.
How to recover media files and correspondence
Weiber’s transfer will not take much time. To restore messages on a new device, you need to install Viber, connect to the Internet and log in to your Google or iCloud account, depending on the installed operating system.
How to restore Viber on a new phone:
- Launch the messenger.
- Go to your account settings.
- Click on the backup line.
- Click on the “Restore” button.
- To confirm, click Restore Now.
Using backup, you can save from Viber, photos, messages. Recovery time depends on the amount of data and the speed of your Internet connection.
View save history
Information about the latest copy can be found in the settings of the messenger.
How to view the history of data storage:
- Go to the messenger settings.
- Enter the account options and click on the line “Backup”.
- The upper part of the window contains information about the last copy and its size.
- If the copy was created long ago, save it yourself.
How to transfer Viber to another phone while maintaining the correspondence? To do this, it is most convenient to use the built-in option for backing up data. Messages are stored on a cloud drive and can be restored at any time. When transferring Viber to another computer, scan the QR code and wait for the synchronization to complete.