How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
4 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer
The majority of owners prefer Apple products, due to the wide and high-quality functionality of the camera. A large number of iPhone owners love capturing highlights on their device. But, unfortunately, a huge number of photos take up memory and have to be transferred to the hard drive of a personal computer.
Many users are wondering how it is possible to quickly and easily upload a photo to a computer. In this article, we will look at how you can transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
Transfer photos from iPhone to computer via iTunes
As a reminder, iTunes is a program developed by Apple that allows you to play and organize music, movies, photos, etc. The main function of the program is synchronization with the device, filling with media files, and backing up all information. In order to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, we suggest doing the following:
- Step one. Make sure you have a new version of iTunes installed on your personal computer.
Step two. Next, we need to synchronize the device with our PC. To do this, you need to set up synchronization. First, launch iTunes, then click on the icon in the form of a smartphone.
Step five. Wait for the sync process to complete.
This method can be carried out using a wireless Wi-Fi network, or using a wired.
Before transferring photos to a computer using iTunes, you need to sync via Wi-Fi.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the “Devices” section.
- Choose your iPhone.
- Go to Options
- Check the box next to “Sync this iPhone over Wi-Fi”.
- Go to the menu in the “General” section, check “Sync iTunes over Wi-Fi”. After that, each time the device will automatically sync with the PC using Wi-Fi.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC using “Photos” in Windows
This method is very lightweight and easy to use.
- Step one. Connect your device via USB cable to your personal computer.
- Step two. Unlock your device. A window will appear asking for access to your photos and videos.
- Step Three Click “Allow”, after which you will open access to your photos and videos.
- Step four. After that, you need to enter the internal storage of the phone. To do this, enter Windows Explorer, you will see “Internal Storage”. Double click on it, after which the internal storage of the phone will open.
Step five. After that, the DCIM folder will appear, in order to view photos and video files.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud
In this method, we will tell you how you can transfer photos to your Windows computer using iCloud. Recall that iCloud is a branded cloud storage manufactured by Apple. This program is handy because it allows you to store iPhone backups, photos, videos, notes, calendars, etc. It also gives access to your photos, documents, etc. from any device. Each user gets 5 GB of iCloud for free. You can access your files from any device by going to iCloud.com and logging in with your Apple ID.
In order to log into iCloud, you do not need to create a new account, for this use your Apple ID. First, we need to configure the iCloud library settings. Follow these steps:
- Open the iCloud program on your PC.
- Enter Photo Options.
- Select iCloud Music Library.
Click on “Finish”, then “Apply”.
To download photos via iCloud to your computer, do the following:
- Step one. Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Step two. On your PC go to “Computer”, where the icon of your device should be displayed.
- Step three. Right-click and select “Import. In the window that opens at the bottom, click on options.
- Step four. In the line “Import images to” choose where to upload photos. Confirm the import by clicking “Ok” and “Next”.
- Step five. In the window that appears, it is fashionable to manually check the boxes on those photos that you need to transfer to your PC.
- Step six. Click Import. After that the files are saved in the folder of your choice. After the import is complete, the folder will open again.
In this method, we will show you how to transfer photos to OC Mac.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to Mac first.
- Launch Spotlight located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Go to Image Capture.
- You can select photos manually by clicking the left mouse button or import all at once by clicking the “Import all” button.
- Select the folder where the photos will be imported.
- Before importing files, it is advised to uncheck the box next to “Delete after import”, otherwise all files on the device will be deleted after import.
How to upload photos from iPhone to computer via iCareFone
Tenorshare iCareFone software is highly efficient and fast to use for transferring files to your computer from iPhone. The main feature of this program is the ability to work directly with a connected device without unnecessary file transfers. Utility allows you to backup and restore data.
Then follow these steps step by step:
Connect iPhone to your PC via USB cable. Run the program on your computer.
Click the photo (quick access) icon on the home interface or click “Manage” “Photo”.
Select the photos you want to transfer to your PC, click “Export”. Then choose a location to save them.
You can set image formats using the Export Settings option.
iCareFone also lets you transfer your albums between iOS and PC.
So, we have analyzed the most simple, efficient and fastest ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. In the first method, we explained how to use iTunes to transfer photos from your device to your computer. This method can be carried out using a wireless Wi-Fi network, or using a wired.
In the second method, we described how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer using iCloud. Its difference is that it allows you to store iPhone backups. photos, videos, notes, calendars, etc.
In the third method, we mentioned how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC through “Photos” in Windows. This method is completely easy and fast. All transmission takes place by moving from the DCIM folder to a personal computer. In the fourth method, we described step by step how to transfer photos to PC through iCareFone. This method is simple, it can be done by exporting photos to a computer. This program can be downloaded from the official Tenorshare website. This utility will be the main assistant for working with media files.
Hope all of the above information was helpful.
How to transfer photos using a cable
As stated above, a cable connection is the easiest and most reliable way to transfer photos from your mobile device to your computer. You don’t have to install any additional programs for this.
Regardless of the brand, be it ZTE, Samsung or Apple, all gadgets are equipped with mini-USB, USB-C or Lighting-wires.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable and wait for it to appear in Windows Explorer.
- On Windows 7 and newer versions of this operating system, the connected mobile device will appear in the “This / My Computer” menu.
- Open the folder with the name of the phone in the explorer and find the folder with photos in it. In the case of iOS, this is the / DCIM folder (like on many cameras). In the case of Android. SDcard / DCIM or Phone / DCIM, depending on the version.
- After that, just copy the pictures from your phone and paste to any folder on your computer.
If the phone and computer are connected to Wi-Fi, neither a cable nor a flash drive is needed to transfer data. You can exchange files over the network, sometimes even faster. The only condition is that you need to install a program to transfer objects over the Internet to either device or only to your phone.
Previously, Apple devices were closely related to iTunes and were synchronized with the computer only using this program. Now the situation looks completely different. The App Store has tons of apps to send photos and other files from iPhone or iPad to PC.
Wi-Fi data applications
Documents (free) is a Ukrainian development, which for a short time of its development received the title of almost the main file manager for Apple smartphones and tablets. The application language is Russian. Recently Documents has the ability to transfer files from phone to computer and vice versa wirelessly.
- Open Documents by Readdle app on iOS device.
- Go to “Services”.
- Click on the Wi-Fi Transfer button.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to docstransfer.com.
- Scan the QR code that appears on the monitor with your phone camera.
- Then, on your computer, select the “Photos” folder and manually upload the necessary photos (you can download whole albums at once).
Everything is ready!
Send Anywhere (free) is another application for sending photos from a mobile device to a computer, which works in a similar way to Documents. Application language. English.
To send snapshots via Send Anywhere, do the following:
- Open the Send Anywhere app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Mark the photos to be sent to PC.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- A special code will appear to access files on another device.
- Then open the website send-anywhere.com on your computer.
- Enter the six-digit code from your phone in your browser.
After that, the file (or several files) will be automatically loaded into the system.
Zapya (free). this service differs from the previous two by the need to install proprietary software not only on a phone or tablet, but also on a computer. This is justified by the principle of the service. The application language is English. To send a photo via you need:
- Open Zapya on your phone and select a photo to send.
- Click on the Send button in the lower right corner.
- Open Zapya on a Windows 7 or newer computer.
- Wait for Windows to appear on the radar in Zapya and select it.
After that, the document will be sent to the computer.
Using a flash drive or memory card
Another method that can be used if your phone has a microSD card. To transfer a photo from it to a PC:
- Connect the card to the computer using a card reader (adapter device).
- Open “File Explorer”.
- Find the / DCIM folder on the map.
- Copy all the necessary photos from it.
The same goes for USB sticks. The only difference is that you first have to connect the flash drive to your smartphone via a USB-A to micro / mini-USB adapter and manually upload a photo to it. This process may look different depending on the device and file system. Usually it consists in simply transferring files from one folder to another.
Snapshots, as you remember, are stored in the / DCIM directory, and the folder of the connected flash drive can be named differently. After connecting to the phone, it will appear in the file and folder manager.
With Android, unlike iOS, there are usually no problems with transferring files from device to device. This system is “open” in the technical sense. developers of third-party programs have access to many functions and components of the system, so there are more ways to transfer data. Nevertheless, the option with third-party programs works best, so further we will talk about them. applications for transferring photos over Wi-Fi.
This file transfer method is outdated, but is still used when it comes to transferring photos from Android phone to Windows computer.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and PC.
- Open the snapshot on your phone.
- Click on the Share button.
- Select the option “Send file via Bluetooth”, if available.
- Receive the file on the computer.
The complexity of the method lies in the fact that not all computers have a Bluetooth module and its software (usually only laptops have it). For a stationary PC, the adapter will have to be purchased separately.
In addition, by default, the Bluetooth function on a computer, where available, may be turned off. To enable it on Windows 10, launch the Settings app, open the Bluetooth & Other Devices section, and slide the Bluetooth slider to the on position.
AirDroid (free) is one of the first such programs that appeared during the “dawn” of the Android operating system and still works today. Application language. Russian.
To download snapshots from AirDroid:
- Open the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Register an account.
- Select AirDroid Web.
- Open a browser on your computer and enter the address displayed in AirDroid into the search bar.
After that, an interface for uploading photos from Android will appear on the computer screen. It is enough to select the desired picture and click “Download”.
Mi Drop (Free). Despite the fact that this program was created by Xiaomi, it can be used on other gadgets as well. It will run without any problems on a conditional Huawei or ASUS. Application language. English.
To send a photo to Mi Drop:
- Open the app on your phone or tablet.
- Go to the side menu and click on the Connect to Computer button.
- Then open a browser on your PC and enter the address of the created FTP server there (it is displayed in Mi Drop).
- When connected, the system file manager will open, and it will contain all the files stored on the smartphone.
- Find the DCIM folder among them.
- Copy photos to your computer hard drive.
Pushbulet (free) is another similar program for transferring files between devices. Perhaps the fastest and easiest option of all, as it does not require unnecessary actions. It is enough to have a Google account or. Application language. English.
To send a photo to Pushbullet:
- Open Pushbullet on your mobile device.
- Sign in with your Google account or.
- Open pushbullet.com on your computer.
- Log in using your Google account or.
- On both devices, a chat window will open in which you can correspond with yourself, sending both text messages and files.
- To send a photo, click on a paperclip and select a photo.
Ways to Transfer Files from Phone to PC
In this article, we will talk about the following methods of downloading pictures from a mobile device to a computer.
- By USB cable. the classic option. Its main advantage is speed and reliability. You do not need special programs to connect your phone to a PC, and a cable is included in any mobile gadget. In addition, data transfers via cable faster than network.
- Using an SD card or flash drive. Almost the same convenient and fast way of data transfer as the first one. If you have a flash drive or SD-card with a reader for connecting to a computer, but there is no USB cable, then it is better to prefer it.
- By bluetooth. This option is usually used when you have difficulty connecting to the Internet, do not have an SD card and a suitable cable. Slowest and most unstable way.
- Wi-Fi. Not the easiest, but versatile and fast method of data transfer. However, it requires the use of additional applications or services to send files from one device to another.
iCloud Drive is Apple’s built-in cloud storage that automatically saves photos to the company’s servers. To access these snapshots from your computer, you need to download the iCloud program for Windows.
When setting up the application, check the box next to “Share iCloud Photos”.
After installing it:
- In File Explorer on your computer, open the iCloud Photos folder.
- Click on the “Upload Photos and Videos” button
Instead of iCloud, you can use another popular storage. Dropbox. It is enough to register an account and install branded applications on both devices.
How to transfer photos via Dropbox:
- When launched on a smartphone, the application will ask if it is possible to upload photos to the cloud automatically.
- Confirm your consent, then all your pictures will be transferred to the cloud.
- Open dropbox.com on your computer.
- Find the photo you want and click “Download”.
How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone (iPad) to Mac using AirDrop
The main condition for transferring files via AirDrop is that devices (iPhone or iPad and Mac) are on the same Wi-Fi network. Also, both devices must have Bluetooth enabled.
AirDrop works flawlessly since iOS 10 and macOS Sierra.
On your Mac, open Finder and go to AirDrop.
On iPhone or iPad, open the Photos app. Go to the required Album and click the Select button in the upper right corner.
Select a photo or video to copy to your Mac (photos and videos can be swiped without lifting your finger).
Click on the Share icon in the lower left corner.
In a few seconds, the available devices for AirDrop will appear in the middle of the screen on the left.
Tap the icon of the Mac that appears and the file transfer starts. The downloaded files will be available in the Downloads folder on Mac.
How to transfer photos (videos) from iPhone or iPad to Windows computer or external storage using a cable
Connect an external storage drive (USB stick). If you are going to transfer photos or videos simply to your computer, skip this step.
Make sure the connected external drive appears in Windows Explorer.
Connect the iPhone or iPad from which you want to transfer photos to your Windows computer using a cable.
When connecting an iPhone or iPad to a computer, the device should be recognized as an external device.
Click on the icon of the connected Apple device.
Go to Internal Storage → DCIM.
If instead of the DCIM folder, the message “This folder is empty” is displayed, unlock the connected iPhone or iPad and click the Allow button on the notification that appears.
After that, the DCIM folder will appear in Windows Explorer.
All photos and videos will be placed in system folders like “100APPLE”. Copy the entire contents of the DCIM folder or selected photos and videos to your computer.
How to transfer a photo from an iPhone to a computer, USB stick or external hard drive
IPhone owners with little storage space sometimes marvel at how quickly their smartphone runs out of space. This problem is most often encountered by lovers of photos and videos, as well as fans of Live Photos.
True, it can be easily solved. you just need to activate the function of saving backups to the cloud storage, for example, to the iCloud Photo Media Library (although the service is paid). Users who are interested exclusively in free unlimited services can use Google Photos or Yandex.Disk.
In addition, photos can be backed up to a desktop computer. However, a 128 GB Mac is clearly not enough for this purpose, so you often have to use external drives.
How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone or iPad to Mac using the Image Capture app
Launch Image Capture on your Mac. To open a program, enter its name in the Spotlight search (you can use the hot keys ⌘Cmd Space).
Once launched, in the control panel on the left, find the iOS device and click on it. All photos and videos stored on the iPhone or iPad appear on the screen. Now you can manually select the pictures you want to save on the external hard drive, or select all at once by clicking on ⌘Cmd A.
By default, pictures are saved in the Pictures folder. Call the drop-down menu and click on “Other”. Now select the folder on the external hard drive where you want to save the photo.
Optionally, you can delete photos and videos from your iOS device when you move them to your Mac. To do this, check the box next to Delete after import in the lower left corner.
Click on the “Import” button and wait until the photos or videos are saved. If the hard drive supports USB 2.0, and there are a lot of photos, the whole process can take much more than a few minutes.
Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone over the Internet
Using cloud services to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to other devices, Mac and Windows computers is very convenient and simple, you can use:
- Apple’s own iCloud Photos sync: Simply turn on iCloud for Photos in your Apple ID settings on your phone to automatically upload them. These photos will be accessible on a Mac computer in the Finder, through a browser or from a Windows computer (for the latest options, see How to log into iCloud from a computer).
- Considering the fact that iCloud does not give much space for free, and I have 1 TB in OneDrive and this service is integrated into Windows 10, I use it exactly: install the OneDrive app on the iPhone, turn on automatic synchronization and your photos are always available online or on a computer with the same OneDrive account.
- If you previously used Android and Google Photos, you can install this application on your iPhone and it, as before, will upload the photos and videos you have taken to your Google account in their original quality within limited storage or in a slightly compressed form, but without storage limits.
If you prefer any other cloud storage, most likely it also has an iOS application with the ability to automatically transfer photos to the cloud for later access from a computer or other devices.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows and Mac computer, via cable and Wi-Fi
If you need to copy photo and video files from iPhone to your computer, there are several easy ways to do this: you can do it both via cable and Wi-Fi, as well as via the Internet.
This tutorial details the different ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows or Mac OS, as well as additional information that may be useful in the context of the topic in question. May also be helpful: How to open HEIC photo file on computer.
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC or Windows laptop
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
- Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer over the Internet (Suitable for Windows and Mac)
- Additional information (about transferring photos to a USB flash drive, HEIC format and not only)
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer or Laptop
The easiest and fastest way to transfer videos and photos from iPhone to Windows is to use a cable. whatever you use to charge. The steps are as follows:
- Connect your iPhone with a cable to the computer and unlock the phone if it is locked.
- On the iPhone screen, you can see the request “Allow the device to access photos and videos” or “Trust this computer?”, Allow access if such a window appears.
- After a short time Windows will configure a new device and your iPhone will be available in File Explorer.
- In the explorer, open Apple iPhone. Internal Storage. DCIM, there inside you will find additional folders that contain your photos and videos, which you can copy to the location you need.
Usually this method works without any flaws, but sometimes a problem is possible, the essence of which and the solution is described in a separate instruction: What to do if the Internal Storage and DCIM folder is empty on the iPhone when connected to a computer.
Transferring photos from iPhone to Windows computer using iTunes will not work (but copying in the opposite direction is possible). If the cable method does not suit you for some reason, go to the section on online photo sync.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Similar to the previous methods, you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your MacBook, iMac, or another Mac OS computer using a cable (but there are wireless methods, which we’ll also touch on):
- Unlock your iPhone and connect with a cable to your Mac, if necessary, click “Trust”.
- ITunes will open automatically on Mac, we don’t need it.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac or laptop, on the left, under Devices, select your iPhone. In the “Import to” field, select where to import photos.
- If necessary, select specific photos that you want to transfer to iPhone, or click the “Import all new objects” button.
- By default, photos will appear in the Imported Items section, or in a new album you created in the Photos application. If required, you can export the photo as a file from this application at any time.
Also, in the “Devices” section of the “Photos” application, you can check the “Open Photos” item so that in the future, when the iPhone is connected, this application will open.
On Mac, this isn’t the only “built-in” method for transferring photos from iPhone, you can also:
- Use AirDrop file transfer on your iPhone (open the desired photo, press the “Share” button, turn on the AirDrop function (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth should be turned on on both devices).
- In the latest versions of Mac OS, you can open the context menu on the desktop (tap with two fingers on the touchpad or right click with the mouse) and select “Import from iPhone”. “Take photo”. The iPhone will automatically launch the camera, and after taking a picture, it will immediately appear on your Mac.
Some additional information to help you transfer photos from iPhone to computer without any problems:
- On modern iPhones, photos are captured and transferred to the PC in HEIC format, which is currently not supported by Windows by default. However, if you go to Settings. Photos on your iPhone and at the bottom of the settings in the “Transfer to Mac or PC” section, enable “Automatic”, then the next time you copy photos to your computer via cable, they will be transferred in a supported format (in fact, the option by for some reason does not always work).
- If you wish, you can purchase a special USB flash drive for the iPhone or an adapter for connecting memory cards and use them to copy photos, for details on this in the article: How to connect a USB flash drive to an iPhone or iPad.
- There are ways to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to TV (even without Apple TV).
Copying a photo from an iPhone to a Mac OS computer
How to transfer photos from iPhone. Mac OS operating system
Friends, with the advent of new iPhone models, we see a constant improvement in the camera of this phone, which allows you to take photos of good enough quality for a simple layman. Taking away a batch of photos, some users store them in the phone’s memory, others transfer them to a computer, freeing up memory for movies and heavy games.
In the recent past, we considered transferring a photo from an iPhone to a computer controlled by the Windows operating system, who are interested in reading. click here. But besides Windows, there are other operating systems, one of which is Mac OS. Therefore, today we decided to try to download a photo from an iPhone to a computer with a Mac OS system and see how it looks.
Where did Mac OS import iPhone photos
We didn’t make any import presets before transferring photos from iPhone, so all our photos were copied by default here: Finder. My files. Pictures.
Where do you copy the photo from your iPhone?
If you would like to copy the photo to some other folder or directly to the MacOS desktop, then before clicking one of the import buttons, click the button to the left and select a location to save the photos. It is advisable to transfer photos from iPhone to the Desktop when working with a small number of photos, especially if images and photos are deleted at the end of the work.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac OS Computer
We do not know yet how to transfer photos and correctly import, but I think it’s nothing difficult. We take a MacBook laptop with Mac OS Mavericks (version 10.9.5) installed using a USB cable, connect an iPhone with recently taken photos to it.
As soon as we connected the phone to the Apple laptop, a window appeared on the screen. Image Capture, in which we see our captured photos. It also displays the date of each picture, its size, weight, other photo parameters and metadata, which can sometimes be very useful.
Import all photos from Apple iPhone to MacBook
Paying attention to the lower right corner of the “Image Capture” window, you can see two buttons: “Import” and “Import All”.
- If you need to copy and transfer only a few photos from iPhone to our Mac, then select the necessary pictures, hold down the Cmd key, and then click. Import.
- If you need to download all the photos, click. Import all, but note that except for almost all photos (photos previously uploaded from the computer to the iPhone will not be downloaded), videos will also be downloaded.
The progress of the import will clearly show a crawling process bar. As soon as the scale crawled to the end, all the photos were copied from the iPhone to the MacBook.
Where to Find “Image Capture” on Mac OS
We performed today’s photo transfer in Mac OS Mavericks, but if you have another version of the software and the Image Capture program did not appear when you connected your iPhone or you accidentally closed it, then try to find this program in several ways and start it manually:
Spotlight on Mac OS. Finding a program to transfer photos from iPhone
The easiest and fastest way is to use the built-in Mac OS search, called Spotlight, located in the upper right corner of the Mac OS desktop, to the right of the clock in the menu bar. In the search bar, write. Capture, after which in the results we press Image Capture.
Image Capture quickly download photos from iPhone to Mac
If you have difficulties with the built-in search, then launch Finder. Programs. Image Capture.
As soon as we transferred the photo from the iPhone to the MacBook computer, we immediately followed another instruction that helped us delete all the photos from the iPhone. If you also need to delete all photos from your iPhone, then read here. “Deleting Photos”. In the comments you can write. did you manage to copy the photo from the phone or have any problems.
How to Backup or Transfer iPhone Photos to External Hard Drive via FoneTrans
Now, I’m going to show you how to use iPhone photo backup software to external hard drive. You can move all your iPhone photos to it just by following steps 3. Well, let’s start.
Best Way to Transfer iPhone Photos to External Hard Drive
It’s amazing how quickly my 64 GB iPhone fills up with just photos. I already need to make room for my phone and I can’t believe how frustrating it is when I try to figure it out! Please, can anyone tell me how I can get my photos from my iPhone and transfer them to a WD external hard drive?
With the iPhone’s amazing built-in camera, users always take great photos to capture an unforgettable moment in their daily lives, and always find tons of photos that interest them on the Internet. Over time, however, overflowing photos can take up huge storage space, which can cause your phone to not function normally. At this point, users tend to take them off their phones and transfer them to a computer or external hard drive as a backup to free up space. Assuming you plan on transferring photos from iPhone to computer First, it saves your computer when you find that the available capacity starts to melt. What’s more, by copying pictures from iPhone to external hard drive, you can view those photos on any computer, as the external drive is extremely convenient to carry with you everywhere. Some people may suggest connecting your iPhone to your computer and uploading photos to it before inserting them to an external hard drive. I have to say that this is the path, but it takes too much effort. Is there a better way to accomplish this task? Yes there is. The best way to do this is to apply a third-party tool, FoneTrans for iOS Transfer Photos from iPhone. Let’s see what this software is capable of.
FoneTrans can do:
- It makes it easy to transfer pictures from iPhone to external hard drive. You are allowed to access photos from Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Album and Photo Library.
- The software also supports the management of other iPhone data such as contacts, videos, ringtones, messages, books, etc.
- You can add any photos from your computer or external hard drive to your iPhone without the hassle.
FoneTrans for iOS
With FoneTrans for iOS, you can transfer your data from iPhone to computer freely. You can not only transfer iPhone text messages to computer, but also transfer photos, videos and contacts to PC easily.
First of all, choose the correct link above, then download and install the software on your computer. It will automatically open after the installation is complete. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
You will see the content as Media, Playlists, Photos, Books, Contacts and SMS are listed in the left column of the interface. Click Photos and you will get all the photos stored on your iPhone. You can view all kinds of photos from different albums including Photo Library, Camera Roll, and so on before transferring. You have options for Add, Export to or Remove image file on the interface.
Click Export to. Export to PC. select your external drive as the output destination in the next popup dialog.
Ok, done Are you falling in love with how FoneTrans manages iPhone files on your computer? Amazing, isn’t it? You can also use this software to add or remove videos, music, photos, etc. on your phone.
Transfer Photos from iOS to Android
The main difficulty in transferring files between these operating systems is some features of the functioning of iOS. It is difficult to transfer images directly from device to device, therefore, in the methods described below, you will have to resort to using third-party software.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android
Sharing photos between two mobile devices with different operating systems is often difficult for users. There are several ways to understand this problem.
Move to iOS
A simple application designed to be comfortable with both operating systems is often used to migrate from Android to iOS. To start interaction, the user needs to install on Android, then do the following:
- Connect devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Settings on iPhone, select “Apps & Data” and click “Move data from Android”.
Many Android devices have the Google Photos app, which is one of the basic tools for working with graphic files. This is the most convenient option for transferring digital photos and videos, since it is possible to automatically save information to the cloud storage. It can be accessed from any device by logging into the same account. This requires the following:
- Open the app and swipe right. In the menu that appears, select “Settings”.
The first item will be “Startup and Synchronization”, and it is required to open it.
Select the account that will store all the content you create. After that, the download of information will begin.
This option implies a large number of programs that you can use: Yandex.Disk, Dropbox, Cloud and many others. To successfully complete the operation, install the mobile versions of the services on both devices and log in under one account. After that, any added item will be available on another device. Let’s talk about this in more detail using the example of the Cloud:
- Open the application on one of the devices (in the example, Android is used) and click on the “” icon at the bottom of the screen.
In the menu that appears, select “Add photo or video”.
In this case, you will need to use a computer. First, you need to transfer files from iPhone to PC (since copying photos from Android is often not a problem). This can be done with iTunes or other specialized programs. This process is described in more detail in our separate article:
After that, it remains to connect the Android smartphone to the computer and transfer the received media files to the device’s memory. To carry out this procedure, you only need to grant permission by clicking the “OK” button in the window that appears on the screen.
You can use several methods to transfer photos from mobile devices on different operating systems. The simplest are the use of programs and services, while direct copying from device to device via a PC can cause difficulties, mainly due to iOS.